• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9619 users

[Champion] Udyr - Page 30

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 54 Next
storkfan
Profile Joined March 2012
493 Posts
May 13 2012 11:02 GMT
#581
Youre really underrating the regen of philo. The sustain allows you much more options of wfhat to do with everything.its good item without the gold, and with gold its godly
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 11:04:29
May 13 2012 11:03 GMT
#582
By the time you have hog+wardens mail I'll have hog+chain vest at least philo is only 800 gold and its going to pay for about 1/2 of it at least by that time. Not counting the extra farm you get from having to back less often.

I didn't say randunins wasn't great, but I much more often skip hog and get aegis than skip philo just because philo pays for itself in terms of gold/10 and regen so damn fast it seems silly not to get it especially when it builds into an item people often get on him without buying philo first.

If I want a "stronger early-midgame" or whatever I'll skip both philo and hog and get mercs/wits/aegis if I'm going to get hog it seems stupid not to get philo first.
storkfan
Profile Joined March 2012
493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 12:52:39
May 13 2012 12:51 GMT
#583
i just sell it lategame , so you can get the items that allow bruisers to scale super well. and you can get hog as bonus anyway. boots- philo - hog, then dmg and armor as u need. works rly well cause the sustain allows your farm to snowball so hard
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
May 13 2012 16:24 GMT
#584
What about building something like gunblade on udyr, similar to how jax is built?
@miicah88
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 13 2012 16:36 GMT
#585
No.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
May 13 2012 19:56 GMT
#586
On May 14 2012 01:24 miicah wrote:
What about building something like gunblade on udyr, similar to how jax is built?


Although Udyr has AD and AP ratios, he doesn't scale well enough off them to justify building them. The lifesteal and spellvamp you get from gunblade would probably net you less teamfight sustain than building tanky items. If you are going for an offense oriented build, I sometimes opt for Trinity Force + Frozen Heart. Trinity Force will net you higher dps than gunblade, while providing other useful things like the slow proc and a nice movespeed boost.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
May 13 2012 20:07 GMT
#587
sorta liking 2dblade -> triforce on solo top udyr.

seems kinda strong also like getting wriggles but thats more situational
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
May 13 2012 20:48 GMT
#588
i've actually had moderate success just building bilgewater and sitting on it like you would a wriggles.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 13 2012 20:55 GMT
#589
That's a very interesting idea actually.
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
May 13 2012 23:36 GMT
#590
How often Should I gank? Or is it always situational...

I always seem to have a problem with trying to gank too much, many times it is somewhat sucesful, not always kills wise, getting them to flash, heal, or back, giving my lane an advantage, but i know udyrs strength is jungle clear, and i seem to always forget about my jungle.

I guess its just something I should work on, though at lower elo's teammates on't seem to understand the concept and are always yelling about ganks etc.

I started with mundo and enjoyed him, but i seem to do better with udyr mainly due to the bear stun, its a great ganking tool.


As a side note: As a top, how do you build udyr? I played against a renekton, and we split farm but their jungler camped so i didn't do great, but I was just building him like i would in the jungle.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 13 2012 23:45 GMT
#591
gank when you have free time you should be clearing the jungle like a motherfucker
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
May 13 2012 23:47 GMT
#592
How does udyr do against nid? Do I turtle stance first?
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
May 13 2012 23:54 GMT
#593
You wont get kills mid but if you max Turtle + build MR you could stay in lane potentially for a long time. Wont be able to grab a kill unless you get a gank or you flash bear stun
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 14 2012 00:47 GMT
#594
On May 14 2012 08:47 HeroHenry wrote:
How does udyr do against nid? Do I turtle stance first?


just ram your claws her buttuntilshe dies

am i saying something halpeful
i dont know


where ami
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12023 Posts
May 14 2012 01:05 GMT
#595
On May 14 2012 08:36 SMD wrote:
How often Should I gank? Or is it always situational...

I always seem to have a problem with trying to gank too much, many times it is somewhat sucesful, not always kills wise, getting them to flash, heal, or back, giving my lane an advantage, but i know udyrs strength is jungle clear, and i seem to always forget about my jungle.

I guess its just something I should work on, though at lower elo's teammates on't seem to understand the concept and are always yelling about ganks etc.

I started with mundo and enjoyed him, but i seem to do better with udyr mainly due to the bear stun, its a great ganking tool.


As a side note: As a top, how do you build udyr? I played against a renekton, and we split farm but their jungler camped so i didn't do great, but I was just building him like i would in the jungle.


People will ALWAYS complain, unless you gank their lane nonstop. If they get ganked, they will blame you. People also completely don't understand if you don't gank their lane because they are at the enemy turret every time you are on that side of the map.

Generally speaking, i would always gank when there is a high chance of success, while valueing kills obviously far higher than forcing summoners or forcing people out of lane. I think a good estimate is that every gank you do while something in your jungle is alive costs you about 100gold which you could have gotten if you farmed camps instead. So if the estimated return is higher then that, go for it. And of course, if nothing is alive in your jungle and you can't counterjungle anywhere, either go back or gank somewhere.

The way i do stuff at the moment is that if i see some sort of opening for a gank, i go there, but farm everything that is on the way there. If the opening is gone after you did that, it would probably be gone when you reached it anyways. If it is still there, go for it. Clearing the camps on the way won't take that long anyways, and this greatly reduces the oppurtunity cost of going for that gank.
danana
Profile Joined March 2011
United States321 Posts
May 14 2012 06:47 GMT
#596
Is it possible for the OP to be updated? I think there's enough content interspersed in this thread to make an updated Udyr guide, but it's just spread out across several pages. I'd be happy to compile the information if you guys are busy, but I'm only starting to play Udyr (and I'm not particularly good anyway) so someone would need to look over it and make sure I didn't mess things up.

Also, do you have/know of any good replays or VODs of lane udyr? I'd like to pick it up and I think it would be less daunting to get started if I had a feel for how I should be laning as Udyr.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 14 2012 07:57 GMT
#597
Some quick lane udyr tips:

-Always max turtle shield first. Always always always.
-You usually play fairly passive until you get around level 7 and your first ad item, usually a wriggles or hexdrinker and boots.
-Last hitting is insanely important because it's very hard to farm later on relatively especially if you don't have lots of items. (I suck at last hitting on udyr lolololol)

Udyr is very strong against both nidalee and renek. You can get wriggles versus both then zone them off of creeps. Just make sure to use stances smartly and well, don't waste them but make sure you're not autoing champs in turtle or bear too much or anything.

I believe I Have a couple of lane udyr replays in this thread if anyone wants to dig them up I think one of them I died twice before level 6 (I traded kills at tower second time but lost creeps) and still pwned him later on haha.

Even against wickds renekton and malunoo constantly coming to dive me once I got past level 9 or so even though he was way ahead I started destroying him because udyr just wins that lane because reneks burst can barely break udyrs shield and you have insane lifesteal.
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
May 14 2012 10:30 GMT
#598
Tried out going philo instead of a HoG early (boots+3 into philo). I still wound up getting the HoG anyways since I got the early kills but the most immediate advantage I see is that at no point in any clear are you low enough that ganking a lane would be a bad idea. You can stay out until you can get your next item (I wound up backing to get a HoG+oracles, and then getting mercs on my next b) or a gank puts you dangerously low. There should be a time where you're rather weak from having a passive sustain item vs health or tankiness but both of the games today where I built philo, I got early kills and assists that negated that timezone.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 14 2012 10:37 GMT
#599
Sustain directly equates to tankiness for most of the early game.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
May 14 2012 14:29 GMT
#600
On May 14 2012 16:57 Slayer91 wrote:
Some quick lane udyr tips:

-Always max turtle shield first. Always always always.
-You usually play fairly passive until you get around level 7 and your first ad item, usually a wriggles or hexdrinker and boots.
-Last hitting is insanely important because it's very hard to farm later on relatively especially if you don't have lots of items. (I suck at last hitting on udyr lolololol)

Udyr is very strong against both nidalee and renek. You can get wriggles versus both then zone them off of creeps. Just make sure to use stances smartly and well, don't waste them but make sure you're not autoing champs in turtle or bear too much or anything.

I believe I Have a couple of lane udyr replays in this thread if anyone wants to dig them up I think one of them I died twice before level 6 (I traded kills at tower second time but lost creeps) and still pwned him later on haha.

Even against wickds renekton and malunoo constantly coming to dive me once I got past level 9 or so even though he was way ahead I started destroying him because udyr just wins that lane because reneks burst can barely break udyrs shield and you have insane lifesteal.


i have to disagree, to an extent. I think if you can get away with maxing tiger/phoenix (i personally prefer tiger in lane), then you should go for it, it's just that turtle max first is simply invincible, but I feel like it doesn't pressure the enemy all that much. For example, I played against a riven, and got a kill on her at lvl 2 with a gank, then proceeded to stomp her face in with tiger procs and fairly effectively prevented her from farming for the first 15 mins of the game. I think if you're ahead, and it's a good matchup for you (or your opponent is an idiot and underestimates you) then you should press your advantage by investing more in offense early on.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.