• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:32
CEST 04:32
KST 11:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9653 users

[Champion] Evelynn - Page 7

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 21:16:02
July 16 2012 21:15 GMT
#121
This is also pretty relevant to jungle Eve.
I had noticed this during testing but this pic somebody made sums it up nicely.
Ganking is not going to be insanely easy for her...best route seems to be coming through lane.

[image loading]
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
July 19 2012 23:50 GMT
#122
wait, so you basically have to do lane bush gank or river bush gank, and cannot do tri bush gank?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 19 2012 23:58 GMT
#123
On July 20 2012 08:50 nosliw wrote:
wait, so you basically have to do lane bush gank or river bush gank, and cannot do tri bush gank?

Basically, yeah.
You can tribrush gank but they'll see it coming earlier than before.

I'd like to start up some discussion on how she should be played now that the patch has dropped so I welcome opinions and discussion here.
I've tried a LOT of stuff myself and...well I'll hold off on my thoughts until later I guess.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
LazyFailKid
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada750 Posts
July 20 2012 03:18 GMT
#124
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
July 20 2012 04:09 GMT
#125
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.

I have some ideas about what to build on Eve, but they could use some playtesting to see if any of them make sense.

Firstly, Eve benefits both from AP (Q,E,R scaling) and AD (Q,E scaling and E gives her an AS steroid), so hybrid items like Gunblade and Triforce might be good. Triforce is more focused towards an AD build, Gunblade's active is all-around great for its slow but all that spell vamp favors more bursty AP builds.

Her ult can give her a stupid strong damage shield, which means that as far as defensive stats go she should favor armor and mres over health- Abyssal Scepter, Maw of Malmortius, Frozen Heart and so on.

As an assassin, damage items in general should be a safe bet. Anything from Deathfire Grasp to Deathcap to Bloodthirster to IE can make sense. I'd stay away from stuff like Malady and Wit's End because they have very bad synergy with other damage items, and thus make more sense on champions that you want to build more tanky. I'm not personally a fan of Rageblade, but it might be good on Eve.

Finally, never ever get flat armor pen on Eve. All her skills deal magical damage, even the ones that have AD scaling, so you're better off getting flat AD marks for instance over ArPen marks. I could see AD Eve going for a Last Whisper against a team stacking armor, but flat armor pen looks really bad for her.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Mr.Faces
Profile Joined June 2012
United States121 Posts
July 20 2012 05:11 GMT
#126
After the new changes to Evelynn... personally I find her to be broken. Her new stealth is crap, she's easily spotted and 8 seconds unstealthed is too much. Her ult...bleh, I'd much rather have the old one. I'm obviously not a high level player or anything but where as before I had an easy time going 20-4 or something like that, I'm now dying more than I kill.

Does anyone else find her new 'self' way too different? It just doesn't feel like eve anymore...

/rant
I shall prevail
Bladeorade
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1898 Posts
July 20 2012 05:40 GMT
#127
Been running boots 3 -> wriggles -> sheen -> tanky item or phage -> tanky item or a boots 2 -> finish triforce

I like to run my Armor Red/Yellow, MR LvL blues and MR quint page for max mixed stats as her ult really benefits from the resistances. Also Armor red and yellows help her take less damage in jungle as she already clears quickly. I run 9/21/0 with the AS/ARP in Off and the usuall defensive tree. I would be willing to write a full guide for her after I play her for a couple more days.
HAL9OOO
Profile Joined January 2011
United States176 Posts
July 23 2012 00:12 GMT
#128
New eve so fun! I think the changes to her are pretty good, anything more and she would be really op. The only thing is I haven't been getting wriggles because i like to max Q, wriggles might be good with a E max but q gives good killing power in ganks.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 23 2012 00:30 GMT
#129
After a while testing her out, I really only have this much to say....she's still terrible.
It's honestly very sad because of how much work Riot put into her to update her abilities and such, but as of now she is unusable at any decent level of play.

My reasoning however is very different from the badwagon all other "WTF EVE STILL SUCKS OMG" rants; it is not her current kit that makes her terrible currently, nor was it her kit that made her terrible before the remake.

It's pretty simple: base stats.
Eve's base stats are STILL among the absolute worst in the game for a melee champion. They were NOT updated along with her remake like they were for Twitch. She has the highest attack speed in the game currently, but that's about it. She has 16.5 armor at level 1, where most junglers have 20+. Hell, even AD carries start with more armor than her. The melee champion who starts off with worse stats than her is Nidalee, who isn't even a melee champ 'till level 6, at which point she gets BONUS armor from her ult passive. She has absolutely pitiful base health and mana values for a jungler, and while these do increase at a faster rate than many other champions, it's her early game that suffers which crippled her before, and still does.

Because of her lack of base stats, she is completely unable to gank well, or counterjungle. She clears insanely fast as a result of her kit, but she can do basically nothing else. Almost any other jungler save Shyvana offers a better gank in terms of cc or damage and even Shyvana has a self speed boost and beastly base stats for 1v1 exchanges. Eve has none of this.
For this very same reason she can't lane very well either (Probably better than she used to because she can attempt to last hit with Hate Spike and harass at the same time, but she is basically unable to exchange 1v1 and may in fact be even worse at it due to lack of old Ravage's armor/MR shred).

For those people saying "BUT LOLZ EVERYONE CAN SEE ME WHEN I GANK," I say, you're doing it wrong.
Evelynn's stealth and kit are actually very strong (and even possibly OP where her ult is concerned) and if she had even a little bit of cc more than she does currently or higher base stats, people would be showing exactly how incorrect that way of thinking is. I won't get into detail on this matter because it isn't my point; suffice it to say if you treat Eve as a non-stealth champion as you play her in terms of when and where you think enemies can see you, you'll realize how strong her stealth actually has the potential to be.

As far as I'm concerned, all the work that has been done to Eve to make her less toxic has succeeded and she will no longer be 'unfun' to play against at lower levels due to the removal of the old persistent stealth.
Kudos to Riot for that.
She still needs some help to bring her up to par, however, and her change in kit and the new stealth is not enough on its own, as Riot must have thought thus far concerning her numbers.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 23 2012 02:20 GMT
#130
I think the new Eve is worse then the old Eve, or that people need to stop jungling with her. The old Eve, minimally, has a CC that slows. This new Eve has one too, but it's in her ultimate which has like a 2min CD.

I think Eve is too item dependent to jungle. She needs to lane.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 23 2012 03:54 GMT
#131
How are you going to lane Eve when she gets out-traded by every other solo top champion in the game when she has no sustain?

You win top lane in one of three ways. Out-trade your opponent in damage, out-sustain your opponent, or cry, beg, and pray for your jungler to out-gank your opponent. Other than number 3, Eve can't do anything in top lane.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 18:34:42
August 12 2012 18:24 GMT
#132
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

However I don't like full damage builds on any jungler so I definitely wouldn't go as far as rageblade.I think you want to play Eve like a tanky bruiser now with some unique difference. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 18:47:09
August 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#133
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.


The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 12 2012 19:16 GMT
#134
On August 13 2012 03:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.

The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....

You can gank at level4 too. She's no worse than Skarner, Amumu or any other mana dependent jungler. You can still pull ganks off with boots and red buff. W is a good gap closer and they never see you coming.
"squishy and weak" I disagree. She has really good burst damage. q spam and e does a lot of damage fast. Obviously you're not going to stand toe to toe with a mundo, but no-one is, you just hit W and run away.

Base AD varies little among champions; that's a very bad reason not to get trinity force. She has higher AD than Ezreal which some people build TF on. Riot aren't stupid they probably realised that TF would be OP on a character with a very spammable Q so they gave her higher attack speed and lower base AD. It's still a great item on her.

I don't think building AP on her makes any sense, this is why people still think Eve is gimmicky and bad
Both Q and E scale from AP AND AD so you won't even do much more magic damage with AP. Plus you're bound to be more squishy with AP items which just isn't going to work late game.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 12 2012 19:24 GMT
#135
On August 13 2012 04:16 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 03:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.

The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....

You can gank at level4 too. She's no worse than Skarner, Amumu or any other mana dependent jungler. You can still pull ganks off with boots and red buff. W is a good gap closer and they never see you coming.
"squishy and weak" I disagree. She has really good burst damage. q spam and e does a lot of damage fast. Obviously you're not going to stand toe to toe with a mundo, but no-one is, you just hit W and run away.

Base AD varies little among champions; that's a very bad reason not to get trinity force. She has higher AD than Ezreal which some people build TF on. Riot aren't stupid they probably realised that TF would be OP on a character with a very spammable Q so they gave her higher attack speed and lower base AD. It's still a great item on her.

I don't think building AP on her makes any sense, this is why people still think Eve is gimmicky and bad
Both Q and E scale from AP AND AD so you won't even do much more magic damage with AP. Plus you're bound to be more squishy with AP items which just isn't going to work late game.


She is no worse than Skarner or Amumu? I...I don't even know where to begin wtih that. LOOK AT THEIR STATS. LOOK AT THEIR KITS.
Skarner has a perma-slow if you can get close enough that lets your whole team catch up to the target, plus a self-shield and speed boost BEFORE 6, PLUS is tanky as a motherfucker just based on base stats. Amumu has an insanely long range stun and gap closer, is insanely tanky and has a semi spammable low damage AoE early, and after 6 and gank from Amumu is basically a guaranteed kill. Evelynn has absolute SHIT for stats until she levels to like 14. Her Q/E spam do nothing for damage without AD or AP, and frankly, a Triforce doesn't offer her much in terms of raw damage. Evelynn is extremely gimmicky no matter how you play her. Her stealth my definition IS A GIMMICK. At least if you build her AP you can get the most damage out of her, especially since you factor in her ultimate into her burst with AP (no AD ratio on ult).

I dunno dude, based on your arguments for her jungling I'm really not sure how much you've been playing or what skill level of opponents you're playing against, but if you're running Eve jungle you're just asking to be counterjungled and stomped into the ground early. I've argued so many times with so many people I'm getting weary to be honest. I'm sure there is no way to convince you of the errors in your thinking even with my argument above so I'm going to leave it here....arguing the issues about and glaring problems with one of my favourite champions in the game is bad for my blood pressure.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 12 2012 19:32 GMT
#136
On August 13 2012 04:24 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 04:16 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.

The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....

You can gank at level4 too. She's no worse than Skarner, Amumu or any other mana dependent jungler. You can still pull ganks off with boots and red buff. W is a good gap closer and they never see you coming.
"squishy and weak" I disagree. She has really good burst damage. q spam and e does a lot of damage fast. Obviously you're not going to stand toe to toe with a mundo, but no-one is, you just hit W and run away.

Base AD varies little among champions; that's a very bad reason not to get trinity force. She has higher AD than Ezreal which some people build TF on. Riot aren't stupid they probably realised that TF would be OP on a character with a very spammable Q so they gave her higher attack speed and lower base AD. It's still a great item on her.

I don't think building AP on her makes any sense, this is why people still think Eve is gimmicky and bad
Both Q and E scale from AP AND AD so you won't even do much more magic damage with AP. Plus you're bound to be more squishy with AP items which just isn't going to work late game.


She is no worse than Skarner or Amumu? I...I don't even know where to begin wtih that. LOOK AT THEIR STATS. LOOK AT THEIR KITS.
Skarner has a perma-slow if you can get close enough that lets your whole team catch up to the target, plus a self-shield and speed boost BEFORE 6, PLUS is tanky as a motherfucker just based on base stats. Amumu has an insanely long range stun and gap closer, is insanely tanky and has a semi spammable low damage AoE early, and after 6 and gank from Amumu is basically a guaranteed kill. Evelynn has absolute SHIT for stats until she levels to like 14. Her Q/E spam do nothing for damage without AD or AP, and frankly, a Triforce doesn't offer her much in terms of raw damage. Evelynn is extremely gimmicky no matter how you play her. Her stealth my definition IS A GIMMICK. At least if you build her AP you can get the most damage out of her, especially since you factor in her ultimate into her burst with AP (no AD ratio on ult).

I dunno dude, based on your arguments for her jungling I'm really not sure how much you've been playing or what skill level of opponents you're playing against, but if you're running Eve jungle you're just asking to be counterjungled and stomped into the ground early. I've argued so many times with so many people I'm getting weary to be honest. I'm sure there is no way to convince you of the errors in your thinking even with my argument above so I'm going to leave it here....arguing the issues about and glaring problems with one of my favourite champions in the game is bad for my blood pressure.

Eve has a speed boost BEFORE 6, red buff is perma slow anyway and she does more damage with Q/E. Skarners E is pointless early. Don't get me wrong I like Skarner too... but how is that a worse lvl4 gank exactly?

The AP ratio on her ult is TWICE as bad as the ratio on DFG. You're really clutching at straws if that's your reasoning for going AP.

I think you just really want her to be gimmicky when she just isn't any more. If you want a character that brings it's own meta you'll have to play Shaco. Eve isn't like that anymore.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 19:45:26
August 12 2012 19:42 GMT
#137
On August 13 2012 04:32 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 04:24 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 04:16 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.

The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....

You can gank at level4 too. She's no worse than Skarner, Amumu or any other mana dependent jungler. You can still pull ganks off with boots and red buff. W is a good gap closer and they never see you coming.
"squishy and weak" I disagree. She has really good burst damage. q spam and e does a lot of damage fast. Obviously you're not going to stand toe to toe with a mundo, but no-one is, you just hit W and run away.

Base AD varies little among champions; that's a very bad reason not to get trinity force. She has higher AD than Ezreal which some people build TF on. Riot aren't stupid they probably realised that TF would be OP on a character with a very spammable Q so they gave her higher attack speed and lower base AD. It's still a great item on her.

I don't think building AP on her makes any sense, this is why people still think Eve is gimmicky and bad
Both Q and E scale from AP AND AD so you won't even do much more magic damage with AP. Plus you're bound to be more squishy with AP items which just isn't going to work late game.


She is no worse than Skarner or Amumu? I...I don't even know where to begin wtih that. LOOK AT THEIR STATS. LOOK AT THEIR KITS.
Skarner has a perma-slow if you can get close enough that lets your whole team catch up to the target, plus a self-shield and speed boost BEFORE 6, PLUS is tanky as a motherfucker just based on base stats. Amumu has an insanely long range stun and gap closer, is insanely tanky and has a semi spammable low damage AoE early, and after 6 and gank from Amumu is basically a guaranteed kill. Evelynn has absolute SHIT for stats until she levels to like 14. Her Q/E spam do nothing for damage without AD or AP, and frankly, a Triforce doesn't offer her much in terms of raw damage. Evelynn is extremely gimmicky no matter how you play her. Her stealth my definition IS A GIMMICK. At least if you build her AP you can get the most damage out of her, especially since you factor in her ultimate into her burst with AP (no AD ratio on ult).

I dunno dude, based on your arguments for her jungling I'm really not sure how much you've been playing or what skill level of opponents you're playing against, but if you're running Eve jungle you're just asking to be counterjungled and stomped into the ground early. I've argued so many times with so many people I'm getting weary to be honest. I'm sure there is no way to convince you of the errors in your thinking even with my argument above so I'm going to leave it here....arguing the issues about and glaring problems with one of my favourite champions in the game is bad for my blood pressure.

Eve has a speed boost BEFORE 6, red buff is perma slow anyway and she does more damage with Q/E. Skarners E is pointless early. Don't get me wrong I like Skarner too... but how is that a worse lvl4 gank exactly?

The AP ratio on her ult is TWICE as bad as the ratio on DFG. You're really clutching at straws if that's your reasoning for going AP.

I think you just really want her to be gimmicky when she just isn't any more. If you want a character that brings it's own meta you'll have to play Shaco. Eve isn't like that anymore.

Two things.
I didn't even mention Skarner's E in his jungling strengths.
I don't jungle Eve as AP.
I mid.

Edit: You know what? Here's a third thing. The AP ratios on all her abilities are better than AD.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 12 2012 19:48 GMT
#138
On August 13 2012 04:42 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 04:32 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 13 2012 04:24 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 04:16 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 13 2012 03:24 Klive5ive wrote:
Eve seems really legit to me now actually.
I've always jungled since I started playing LoL and I think Eve has all the tools of a decent jungler.
I think the problem with why people don't realise shes legit now is because she has so many ways to go that it's not obvious which style is best.
On July 20 2012 12:18 LazyFailKid wrote:
So what have you guys found to be a good build for evelynn?
Right now I'm doing some retarded regrowth+pot into sheen+malady+trinity+rageblade into whatever I feel like getting and boots added sometime and I was just wondering if there was a better build out there.
This is pretty much what I do. Eve really screams "build trinity force on me", she benefits from everything and has a spammable ability to keep those sheen procs coming fast.

I think Eve is a tanky bruiser now.. I find you need to max Q first for fast jungling and that means mana issues so I start with regrowth pendant + hp -> philo stone -> boots -> trinity force -> hexdrinker..... then full tanky items. something like (guardians angel -> Shurelias etc..)
edit: Heart of gold at some point-> Randuins seems like a good option too.

This build gives you a really strong mid-game. With some AD and Q spam and her E she has massive burst; ganking at level 6-13ish is very fun and quite easy.

Then in the late game it's all about initiation. Her Ulti is actually really really good, it's just like an old ranged Xin Zhao ult and the enemy can't even see where you are to dodge it! Once you get the shield jump on the AD, hit Shurelias to boost your teams speed and you set up a really strong fight.

The bolded section in my opinion is exactly her problem. She can't do a thing except jungle clear until 6, and even then her damage and gank is very weak with little to no AP. Building 2 gp5s like that on Eve is a death sentence if you run into the other jungler or if the person you're deciding to gank turns on you, considering how squishy and weak Eve is. Where are you going to get enough gold for a Trinity force and Hexdrinker for her 'massive burst' out of the jungle with weak ganking? Trinity force multiplies your base AD as its proc...you DO know Eve's base AD is among the weakest in the game, right? Just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Now AP Eve is a different story and her popularity is growing. I may write a guide if the interest is there, but I find most people tend to ignore this thread so.....

You can gank at level4 too. She's no worse than Skarner, Amumu or any other mana dependent jungler. You can still pull ganks off with boots and red buff. W is a good gap closer and they never see you coming.
"squishy and weak" I disagree. She has really good burst damage. q spam and e does a lot of damage fast. Obviously you're not going to stand toe to toe with a mundo, but no-one is, you just hit W and run away.

Base AD varies little among champions; that's a very bad reason not to get trinity force. She has higher AD than Ezreal which some people build TF on. Riot aren't stupid they probably realised that TF would be OP on a character with a very spammable Q so they gave her higher attack speed and lower base AD. It's still a great item on her.

I don't think building AP on her makes any sense, this is why people still think Eve is gimmicky and bad
Both Q and E scale from AP AND AD so you won't even do much more magic damage with AP. Plus you're bound to be more squishy with AP items which just isn't going to work late game.


She is no worse than Skarner or Amumu? I...I don't even know where to begin wtih that. LOOK AT THEIR STATS. LOOK AT THEIR KITS.
Skarner has a perma-slow if you can get close enough that lets your whole team catch up to the target, plus a self-shield and speed boost BEFORE 6, PLUS is tanky as a motherfucker just based on base stats. Amumu has an insanely long range stun and gap closer, is insanely tanky and has a semi spammable low damage AoE early, and after 6 and gank from Amumu is basically a guaranteed kill. Evelynn has absolute SHIT for stats until she levels to like 14. Her Q/E spam do nothing for damage without AD or AP, and frankly, a Triforce doesn't offer her much in terms of raw damage. Evelynn is extremely gimmicky no matter how you play her. Her stealth my definition IS A GIMMICK. At least if you build her AP you can get the most damage out of her, especially since you factor in her ultimate into her burst with AP (no AD ratio on ult).

I dunno dude, based on your arguments for her jungling I'm really not sure how much you've been playing or what skill level of opponents you're playing against, but if you're running Eve jungle you're just asking to be counterjungled and stomped into the ground early. I've argued so many times with so many people I'm getting weary to be honest. I'm sure there is no way to convince you of the errors in your thinking even with my argument above so I'm going to leave it here....arguing the issues about and glaring problems with one of my favourite champions in the game is bad for my blood pressure.

Eve has a speed boost BEFORE 6, red buff is perma slow anyway and she does more damage with Q/E. Skarners E is pointless early. Don't get me wrong I like Skarner too... but how is that a worse lvl4 gank exactly?

The AP ratio on her ult is TWICE as bad as the ratio on DFG. You're really clutching at straws if that's your reasoning for going AP.

I think you just really want her to be gimmicky when she just isn't any more. If you want a character that brings it's own meta you'll have to play Shaco. Eve isn't like that anymore.

Two things.
I didn't even mention Skarner's E in his jungling strengths.
I don't jungle Eve as AP.
I mid.

Edit: You know what? Here's a third thing. The AP ratios on all her abilities are better than AD.

Well I don't think she's a viable AP mid, but imo she has a decent jungling kit.
As for ratios you would expect AP to be more because it doesn't increase AA dmg. It's only slightly more.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 12 2012 19:57 GMT
#139
Her ganks are pretty strong pre-6. Are you using W for your initial close or something? You shouldn't do that.

If I could figure out a build I liked I'd be pretty into her. She seems to be pretty much Yi in teamfights (not good at it), but Yi that can gank is, well, pretty good. Thinking something like going for a pile of midgame items, wriggles hex bruta phage aegis, then start upgrading to maw ghost mallet
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 12 2012 20:33 GMT
#140
On August 13 2012 04:57 UniversalSnip wrote:
Her ganks are pretty strong pre-6. Are you using W for your initial close or something? You shouldn't do that.

If I could figure out a build I liked I'd be pretty into her. She seems to be pretty much Yi in teamfights (not good at it), but Yi that can gank is, well, pretty good. Thinking something like going for a pile of midgame items, wriggles hex bruta phage aegis, then start upgrading to maw ghost mallet

Try my regrowth -> philostone opening similar to how many play Amumu/Skarner.
I reckon you jungle faster with leveling Q first and mana regen than you do with wriggles and the gold/10 is always nice.
Because she's hybridish I don't think you get so much out of the lifesteal part of the wriggles so drop that.
The rest of your items look really solid though. It would be interesting to see your thoughts. I use 0/21/9 masteries.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 100
PiLiPiLi 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2380
ViBE145
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift4906
Counter-Strike
summit1g7081
taco 664
Other Games
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0315
WinterStarcraft249
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick993
BasetradeTV186
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP94
• poizon28 31
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra924
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.