• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:28
CEST 09:28
KST 16:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9021 users

[Champion] Evelynn - Page 10

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
September 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#181
Evelynn has absolutely disgusting damage in the mid-game. She's probably the best roamer out of all current AP mids since stealth is so strong. After she picks up her DFG, she can wander bottom lane at any time and pick up a kill.

The reason you max Q over E is that Q does more sustained damage. Her base damage and ratios aren't high enough such that you should give up the AoE sustained damage of Q for more frontloaded burst on E.

She's going to see nerfs though, her winrate at the moment is approaching that of release zyra/Diana, 59% winrate in platinum is absurdly high.

I think Riot needs to take a look at how they're assigning AP ratios. AP Eve is especially good because her AP ratios are better than her AD ratios, something that is the exception rather than the rule considering the fact that high AD is harder to get than high AP.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
September 13 2012 19:15 GMT
#182
I kinda hope they don't nerf her yet to be honest. Eve is finally not a joke pick and her only viability might be as a solo queue stomper mid roamer. If anything Riot should create more champs like current Eve. That excel at one thing really well but is kind of mediocre in other areas.

I'd rather wait and see if people figure out ways to deal with Eve or wait and see if she's even viable in high level arranged 5s.
Taurent
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada401 Posts
September 14 2012 17:48 GMT
#183
what do you guys build after dfg and guise? I've been going rabadon then abyssal scepter, but i've seen people suggest a hextech gunblade before rabadon.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 17:58:02
September 14 2012 17:57 GMT
#184
I don't really think that Gunblade is worthwhile. You have already committed pretty hard to AP over AD by picking up the DFG (with it, an extra AP-scaling skill) and focusing hard on your burst. Gunblade just isn't going to help your DFG-ult-faceroll burst the way true AP or MPen items will. What you're doing makes sense (though there's no harm in getting the Abyssal first over the DFG, situationally.)
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 18:08:06
September 14 2012 18:06 GMT
#185
I like tanking out (synergize with ult) with cdr just being a nuisance to the enemy team while spamming aoe dmg on a .9 second cooldown. Add in sheen(into triforze) or athenes or rageblade or hexdrinker and just ride your base dmg the rest of the way.

Being able to initiate fights and resetting w with kills or assists makes you stick on their carries so hard.
ô¿ô
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 14 2012 18:12 GMT
#186
I theorized about triforce/gunblade/tanky Eve when I first read about the rework, Jax style. But it turns out to be too fucking expensive, and way less effective since Jax's ult resistances scale better with sustain than Eve's HP shield, plus Q is AoE and she's supposed to use her ult before the big burst comes down so she doesn't spellvamp that much compared to single-target Q, W and R passive for Jax.
So I don't build gunblade on her anymore.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
September 14 2012 18:22 GMT
#187
Not necessarily on the ult before big burst. You can use it to bait and since that shield is so huge you can drop pretty low before using it. I don't like gunblade either. Too much gold sink into vamp stuffs when Eve should be picking and choosing her own fights that is the benefit of her stealth.
ô¿ô
Ogww
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland224 Posts
September 15 2012 14:36 GMT
#188
AP Eve with flat AP rune Taric on bottom lane 8) I like to nuke stuff.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 15 2012 16:17 GMT
#189
lulu seems like she would be better with eve than taric
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 09:09:42
September 18 2012 09:06 GMT
#190
hm so i just watched Froggens stream a bit, the eve in his game went 9-0 Oo
[image loading]

i played eve a couple of times now but I suck, I dont know why I dont get the kills/dmg output. I guess the discussion about eve being imba atm was in the september patch thread, but I'll ask here instead.

1. I go for boots of mobility rather than sorcerers shoes. Is that a mistake? Since I only have to get in range to hunt down someone with Q I dont really need to be faster than them (unlike garen). Also I wonder if any +ms runes/masteries are useful?
2. Since I only jungle I take magic penetration/armor/ap per lvl runes. What quintessences should i take?
3. How do you engage someone pre level 6? Get red buff, walk to the enemy and then spam q and e and use w only if you get slowed? Or do you use w beforehand? But then one is not invisible anymore....
4. Isnt DFG first an allin build? I think rylais is a very strong item on eve... dfg/mejai/rabadons seems like a do or die build.
5. Same for ignite instead of flash. This is crazy

Thanks for your help
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 09:34:54
September 18 2012 09:33 GMT
#191
1. Yes, go Sorc Shoes instead.
2. Probably flat APs.
3. Can depend on a few things, generally you want to use W first to gap close then E/Q for the front loaded burst + red buff procs. Or you can have your teammates bait them into committing to a kill/trade and just use W to get rid of a slow (if they use it on you).
4. I used to think DFG first on jungle eve was bad, but then I realized Eve as a champion is all in to begin with. Without DFG your burst is decreased by a LOT. The usual build for jungle eve is something like, DFG -> deathcap/abys -> void -> GA or banshees or w/e defensive you need.
5. Ignite works surprisingly well for securing kills but it sucks if you get counter jungled. Again, it is pretty all-in but if you think about Eve's kit, (currently) it is made for this (securing kills -> getting away with W).
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
September 18 2012 09:44 GMT
#192
The only problem with eve right now is that people think you are trolling when you pick her...

Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 18 2012 10:59 GMT
#193
I pick exhaust when I jungle her, just to make those early kills easier and thus help your snowballing (your laners usually already have ignite anyway).
Also rylai is more expensive than DFG and provides a lot less: Eve's RE already bursts a lot, and your W for repositioning/living to get another E off is refreshed by kills, so you want to burst rather than dps with Q and rylai (the slow is pretty weak anyway since it's AoE).

DFG won't one-shot people at level 6, but it'll help tremendously, and later on with a bit of AP you'll simply be able to oneshot squishies with DFG->RE. Just pick your battles and positioning well, and abuse the fact that DFG's range is longer than the enemy detection (unless oracle) so when they see you coming it's already too late.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 10:10:21
September 22 2012 10:09 GMT
#194
OK the last 4 games with eve 14-5-15, 13-11-17, 15-6-19, 17-5-7. With DFG you really get the kills fast, especially the ad carry and enemy jungler (lee f.e.) are easy to take down. I also realized what was being said about "coming in from odd angles". Usually I waited until someone iniates battles and then try to hit as many people as possible with r while spamming dfg e q on the adc. But since this build is so squishy and I got stunned and killed a lot without dealing damage I now try to position myself rather behind the enemy team in order to get to the adc faster...
Is that a mistake? Since I'm invis before I use w I think the risk of being caught out of position is really low. Also I'd like to know what you build after sorcerers shoes/dfg. Directly rabadon? Rylai?
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
September 22 2012 10:31 GMT
#195
It really depends, are you trying to snipe someone important (ad/ap carry) or are you trying to do the most damage possible for your team (try to hit 5 with ult). Usually get deathcap or abyssal after DFG.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
September 22 2012 10:33 GMT
#196
On September 22 2012 19:09 Djin)ftw( wrote:
OK the last 4 games with eve 14-5-15, 13-11-17, 15-6-19, 17-5-7. With DFG you really get the kills fast, especially the ad carry and enemy jungler (lee f.e.) are easy to take down. I also realized what was being said about "coming in from odd angles". Usually I waited until someone iniates battles and then try to hit as many people as possible with r while spamming dfg e q on the adc. But since this build is so squishy and I got stunned and killed a lot without dealing damage I now try to position myself rather behind the enemy team in order to get to the adc faster...
Is that a mistake? Since I'm invis before I use w I think the risk of being caught out of position is really low. Also I'd like to know what you build after sorcerers shoes/dfg. Directly rabadon? Rylai?


Tried her with abyssal/sorcs/dfg/haunting guise, didn't like that too much. She scales too well with AP because of ulti/DFG, silly to stack penetration.

Mostly I go Sorcs/DFG with a dorans or two if needed then straight Dcap. But then again, I've gotten fed most of my evelynn games so far, so I don't really know how I would build her if I was behind.

Late game, I definately try to snipe their AD carry from behind or from the sides. If their initiator over extends, you can blow him up really quick as well unless he's really stacking MR. % health damage so balanced. Just make sure to make it a 4v5/3v5 as fast as possible, get out of there if needed and then go in to clean up again.
Schwopzi
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands954 Posts
September 22 2012 10:49 GMT
#197
On September 22 2012 19:33 zodde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 19:09 Djin)ftw( wrote:
OK the last 4 games with eve 14-5-15, 13-11-17, 15-6-19, 17-5-7. With DFG you really get the kills fast, especially the ad carry and enemy jungler (lee f.e.) are easy to take down. I also realized what was being said about "coming in from odd angles". Usually I waited until someone iniates battles and then try to hit as many people as possible with r while spamming dfg e q on the adc. But since this build is so squishy and I got stunned and killed a lot without dealing damage I now try to position myself rather behind the enemy team in order to get to the adc faster...
Is that a mistake? Since I'm invis before I use w I think the risk of being caught out of position is really low. Also I'd like to know what you build after sorcerers shoes/dfg. Directly rabadon? Rylai?


Tried her with abyssal/sorcs/dfg/haunting guise, didn't like that too much. She scales too well with AP because of ulti/DFG, silly to stack penetration.

Mostly I go Sorcs/DFG with a dorans or two if needed then straight Dcap. But then again, I've gotten fed most of my evelynn games so far, so I don't really know how I would build her if I was behind.

Late game, I definately try to snipe their AD carry from behind or from the sides. If their initiator over extends, you can blow him up really quick as well unless he's really stacking MR. % health damage so balanced. Just make sure to make it a 4v5/3v5 as fast as possible, get out of there if needed and then go in to clean up again.


Thing is, even against mr runes/scaling mr runes you only need sorc + guise for (close to) true damage to squishies.. Making abyssal pretty inefficient for your burst. Sorc -> dfg -> guise is pretty common and good on eve though (also seen in wcs korea finals the one game eve was played by najin sword)
Only the dead have seen the end of war
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
September 22 2012 11:42 GMT
#198
On September 22 2012 19:49 Schwopzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 19:33 zodde wrote:
On September 22 2012 19:09 Djin)ftw( wrote:
OK the last 4 games with eve 14-5-15, 13-11-17, 15-6-19, 17-5-7. With DFG you really get the kills fast, especially the ad carry and enemy jungler (lee f.e.) are easy to take down. I also realized what was being said about "coming in from odd angles". Usually I waited until someone iniates battles and then try to hit as many people as possible with r while spamming dfg e q on the adc. But since this build is so squishy and I got stunned and killed a lot without dealing damage I now try to position myself rather behind the enemy team in order to get to the adc faster...
Is that a mistake? Since I'm invis before I use w I think the risk of being caught out of position is really low. Also I'd like to know what you build after sorcerers shoes/dfg. Directly rabadon? Rylai?


Tried her with abyssal/sorcs/dfg/haunting guise, didn't like that too much. She scales too well with AP because of ulti/DFG, silly to stack penetration.

Mostly I go Sorcs/DFG with a dorans or two if needed then straight Dcap. But then again, I've gotten fed most of my evelynn games so far, so I don't really know how I would build her if I was behind.

Late game, I definately try to snipe their AD carry from behind or from the sides. If their initiator over extends, you can blow him up really quick as well unless he's really stacking MR. % health damage so balanced. Just make sure to make it a 4v5/3v5 as fast as possible, get out of there if needed and then go in to clean up again.


Thing is, even against mr runes/scaling mr runes you only need sorc + guise for (close to) true damage to squishies.. Making abyssal pretty inefficient for your burst. Sorc -> dfg -> guise is pretty common and good on eve though (also seen in wcs korea finals the one game eve was played by najin sword)



Yeah, that's true. Guess I've been just been building all three penetration items because the pros do it. It's pretty obvious that 70 penetration is way too much now that I think of it, thanks for pointing it out. I guess you would go Dcap after guise? And sell Guise for Void Staff late game? Sounds pretty good.

Will play some games with that build and reevaluate ^^
.ImchEEzy
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada123 Posts
September 22 2012 22:06 GMT
#199
i started recently playing wow and after playing morgana pretty well, i tried out eve. Wow... Only me or does eve seem alil op? its like a mage with high dps but not as squishy and free speed burst. i go like 15-1 everygame with it.

Also, does your q spell benefit from attack +? like with trinity. I haven't really been going for trinity because it takes so long to get. I feel like sheen, soulstealer, dfg, kage is a must. But in late game i'm just not sure what to get. More ap for dps? or would you need some life steal or defense since with q, you have to get near enough to do dmg.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 22 2012 23:57 GMT
#200
On September 23 2012 07:06 Mystic_Starcraft wrote:
i started recently playing wow and after playing morgana pretty well, i tried out eve. Wow... Only me or does eve seem alil op? its like a mage with high dps but not as squishy and free speed burst. i go like 15-1 everygame with it.

Also, does your q spell benefit from attack +? like with trinity. I haven't really been going for trinity because it takes so long to get. I feel like sheen, soulstealer, dfg, kage is a must. But in late game i'm just not sure what to get. More ap for dps? or would you need some life steal or defense since with q, you have to get near enough to do dmg.

I would say currently she's OP. The amount of burst she can dish out while being able to enter squishy range to combo them from 100% is a little ridiculous, and in her ult she can offer a little more team utility than some other assassins.

I'm honestly kind of hoping though the OP-ness shows at the Season 2 Championships and some of the pro teams actually pick her in serious games. Won't get my hopes up though because unless they drastically plan on changing their playstyles, most of the pro teams don't opt for all-in assassins...
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3807
Soma 126
Rush 106
ToSsGirL 86
Mong 75
sorry 58
Killer 46
Counter-Strike
olofmeister11
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King132
Other Games
summit1g7959
WinterStarcraft567
ceh9512
Happy330
Sick168
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Stunt438
Other Games
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 32m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.