• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:10
CEST 05:10
KST 12:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8794 users

[Champion] Chogath - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 19 2011 22:55 GMT
#61
On January 19 2011 18:47 DM20 wrote:
I guess I just dont play high enough level games because most of the time I've got to chase someone down for the kill or catch up to my overextended carry or just be at an undefended lane faster.

At the point where you need to be running around to undefended lanes, you probably haven't finished FoN yet (getting HoG/Cata/Visage/Mercs and possibly Randuin's first), and chasing is very often not the right thing to do anyway.
Moderator
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 22:56:46
January 19 2011 22:56 GMT
#62
On January 19 2011 18:30 Navi wrote:
when i say any organization at all, i mean that they use their skills in a fight.
that's all, really.
regardless of how retarded your teammates are, they generally keep up that standard of play.

as for tanks with banshee, the point is still valid. every spell that they use is a disable/damage that they can't use for its cd after the battle has started. so some tanks, like amumu, benefit from this as it allows them to pull of their initiation without a hitch. others, like cho, are given the option of being able to continue using his disables / soak up damage for their carry with the bveil. the effect of "i've already blown an aoe stun on these mofos but this cho can still disable us so that we can't follow up" is still very valuable. you just have to use it right and not get it stupidly wasted by a underlevelled ezreal mystic or something lol


of course I'm not arguing against you/with dm20 on this or that banshee's isn't a legit pickup on tanks, just noting it's got a different and not as valuable purpose on tanks. it's not even related to the thread, really
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
January 20 2011 12:26 GMT
#63
I understand my build isn't optimal in teamfights, but in solo queue more often then not there are small skirmishes that sometimes lead to teamfights. My build excels in smaller skirmishes. The increased mobility makes landing ruptures so much easier, honestly think how many times on cho you've been chasing some low squishy and hes in rupture range but he'll make it off the spikes before they activate closing that distance will make you land those ruptures. Once the rupture lands they are in your cho vortex of death and soon to be digested.

My entire playstyle is centered around being able to eliminate someone quickly and avoiding full on teamfights. Get in kill someone quick and retreat, FoN + Carnivore makes healing back up easy, take advantage of your number advantage and push.

And my reason for still using sunfire is because once you've blown your load as cho you kinda just sit there being big.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
January 20 2011 14:42 GMT
#64
demonstrates the big problem with discussing strategy alot in forums. LoL just becomes a different game as you get to higher skill levels. so people argue so much when really they are playing different games.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 20 2011 21:47 GMT
#65
This isn't even a matter of levels. Banshees is straight up better than FoN if you play Cho right. I guarantee you if I played in your games I'd still be CRUSHING with my builds because they are optimized so much better.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 20 2011 21:47 GMT
#66
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
January 20 2011 22:35 GMT
#67
On January 21 2011 06:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil


You keep looking at this on an item vs item basis when its the entire package. I'm able to sit on guys and grind them down with sunfire/auto attack. I dont need a banshee's to block a few spells I'm fucking Cho I got 6 stacks for that shit.
FlameSworD
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States414 Posts
January 20 2011 22:51 GMT
#68
well fon is better with 4 warmogs
skyhighftw on iccup
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 22:57:59
January 20 2011 22:55 GMT
#69
On January 21 2011 07:35 DM20 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 06:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil


You keep looking at this on an item vs item basis when its the entire package. I'm able to sit on guys and grind them down with sunfire/auto attack. I dont need a banshee's to block a few spells I'm fucking Cho I got 6 stacks for that shit.

You're not a physical carry. Your goal isn't "grind them down". If you're playing tank, you need to keep their asses off your team, and that requires not getting stuck in stuns. If you're playing AP, your goal is to instagib one of their team members, and blocking 1 CC is going to help you more in that than persistent movespeed.

If you want to play a tanky champ that chases people down, and autoattacks them to death, well, that's not exactly Cho's kit.
Moderator
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 20 2011 23:08 GMT
#70
Only time I get FoN over Banshee is when the champion I play doesn't have a mana pool and I need MR. Otherwise, spell block every minute is too good. Not sure how anyone can try to justify what FoN has that makes it better than Banshee.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 20 2011 23:19 GMT
#71
On January 21 2011 07:35 DM20 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 06:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil


You keep looking at this on an item vs item basis when its the entire package. I'm able to sit on guys and grind them down with sunfire/auto attack. I dont need a banshee's to block a few spells I'm fucking Cho I got 6 stacks for that shit.

I don't keep looking down on this on an item-vs-item basis, your entire package SUCKS and I'm telling you why. You're playing Cho wrong but that's okay. I see a lot of top players play Cho wrong too. I'm just telling you how to get better. I've been maining Chogath since beta and he's got me to 1850 in ranked, he's been my best friend for over a year in this game and I have learned a LOT about him in that time. I used to think like you and I'm just saying that now I think completely differently because I really thought about and tested it.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 20 2011 23:21 GMT
#72
Like for real when ranked started I had about 600 wins with Cho and that was half a year ago, before my 150~ ranked wins with him and the COUNTLESS wins in normal since then. That isn't counting the losses, either. I've probably won more games with Cho than you've played total. Trust me on this, I'm giving you some insight into him that has come from a year and a half of grinding.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
January 20 2011 23:34 GMT
#73
On January 21 2011 07:55 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 07:35 DM20 wrote:
On January 21 2011 06:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil


You keep looking at this on an item vs item basis when its the entire package. I'm able to sit on guys and grind them down with sunfire/auto attack. I dont need a banshee's to block a few spells I'm fucking Cho I got 6 stacks for that shit.

You're not a physical carry. Your goal isn't "grind them down". If you're playing tank, you need to keep their asses off your team, and that requires not getting stuck in stuns. If you're playing AP, your goal is to instagib one of their team members, and blocking 1 CC is going to help you more in that than persistent movespeed.

If you want to play a tanky champ that chases people down, and autoattacks them to death, well, that's not exactly Cho's kit.


but cho can't really tank like that, you're ability to take more damage isn't going to keep people off your allies they'll just ignore you.Your presence has to have a noticeable effect besides ulting a guy. Cho isn't a strong teamfight character so I don't understand the need to try and make him one.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 20 2011 23:35 GMT
#74
On January 21 2011 08:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
Only time I get FoN over Banshee is when the champion I play doesn't have a mana pool and I need MR. Otherwise, spell block every minute is too good. Not sure how anyone can try to justify what FoN has that makes it better than Banshee.


really? recent nerfs on banshee make it a lot harder to insta-pick over FoN imo. hp nerf, mana nerf, MR nerf... i don't think FoN is the end-all be-all MR item and i still prioritize banshee 55-60% of the time but it's definitely not leagues better than FoN imo. but then i play more tanks than carries so i guess i don't need the spell block as direly
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 20 2011 23:43 GMT
#75
On January 21 2011 08:35 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 08:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
Only time I get FoN over Banshee is when the champion I play doesn't have a mana pool and I need MR. Otherwise, spell block every minute is too good. Not sure how anyone can try to justify what FoN has that makes it better than Banshee.


really? recent nerfs on banshee make it a lot harder to insta-pick over FoN imo. hp nerf, mana nerf, MR nerf... i don't think FoN is the end-all be-all MR item and i still prioritize banshee 55-60% of the time but it's definitely not leagues better than FoN imo. but then i play more tanks than carries so i guess i don't need the spell block as direly


Yes, even with nerfs. Spell block is that strong. Not to mention Banshee is a great way for carries and tanks to expand their mana pool. It's very obvious for carries but even for tanks, what other options do you have for mana pool expansion? Glacial? It's not always cost effective.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 23:43:41
January 20 2011 23:43 GMT
#76
double post
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 21 2011 00:22 GMT
#77
On January 21 2011 08:43 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 08:35 gtrsrs wrote:
On January 21 2011 08:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
Only time I get FoN over Banshee is when the champion I play doesn't have a mana pool and I need MR. Otherwise, spell block every minute is too good. Not sure how anyone can try to justify what FoN has that makes it better than Banshee.


really? recent nerfs on banshee make it a lot harder to insta-pick over FoN imo. hp nerf, mana nerf, MR nerf... i don't think FoN is the end-all be-all MR item and i still prioritize banshee 55-60% of the time but it's definitely not leagues better than FoN imo. but then i play more tanks than carries so i guess i don't need the spell block as direly


Yes, even with nerfs. Spell block is that strong. Not to mention Banshee is a great way for carries and tanks to expand their mana pool. It's very obvious for carries but even for tanks, what other options do you have for mana pool expansion? Glacial? It's not always cost effective.


if i'm playing a tank that needs mana pool expansion then i'm playing malphite, and so yeah i'll go frozen heart on him because it synergizes so well with his E and randuins. but i also get banshee on him so i can transition to manamune later.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 00:34:38
January 21 2011 00:30 GMT
#78
On January 21 2011 08:34 DM20 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 07:55 TheYango wrote:
On January 21 2011 07:35 DM20 wrote:
On January 21 2011 06:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
And LOL @ FoN "excels in small skirmishes" more than Banshees Veil


You keep looking at this on an item vs item basis when its the entire package. I'm able to sit on guys and grind them down with sunfire/auto attack. I dont need a banshee's to block a few spells I'm fucking Cho I got 6 stacks for that shit.

You're not a physical carry. Your goal isn't "grind them down". If you're playing tank, you need to keep their asses off your team, and that requires not getting stuck in stuns. If you're playing AP, your goal is to instagib one of their team members, and blocking 1 CC is going to help you more in that than persistent movespeed.

If you want to play a tanky champ that chases people down, and autoattacks them to death, well, that's not exactly Cho's kit.


but cho can't really tank like that, you're ability to take more damage isn't going to keep people off your allies they'll just ignore you.Your presence has to have a noticeable effect besides ulting a guy. Cho isn't a strong teamfight character so I don't understand the need to try and make him one.

Like I was saying, you really need to learn how to play Chogath, he's a HUGE TEAMFIGHT WRECKER. 3 second AoE silence? AoE knockup slow? 800 true damage nuke? Blocks spells and clicks with his body? Best AD scaling in the game PLUS a skill that gives +60 AoE damage?

There are three ways to play Cho:
Tank CDR (7-8 second scream that keeps them silenced in AoE for 3 seconds, 5-6 second rupture that knocks up as part of a chain CC AND slows in AoE, a 36 second feast, and on top of that you never die)
Straight AP nuker (2-shot squishies. 3-shot mundo.)
Hybrid AP/Tank (Do a lot of damage and provide a lot of CC but still tank for the team. Very balanced and useful against comps that you need both the CC and the burst for like Akali, Vlad, Eve or Trundle.)

It depends what you want to do but you seem to have no real idea what you're doing and you're not fitting into any of those categories. Note that "straight tank Cho" isn't on there because he's fucking terrible.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Malderon
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands136 Posts
February 14 2011 22:54 GMT
#79
Regarding CDR Cho, I hope that will remain viable after the nerfs to CDR tank items.

Also, I have a few jungle Cho related questions.

First, what is more important to his succes, Aspd red or Armor yellow? Don't have the IP for both yet.

And do you get a level in Vorpal early when jungling? It sounds great for jungling, but is it worth sacrificing a level in Rupture or Scream for?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
February 15 2011 09:53 GMT
#80
wtf lol cd boots are so good on cho, he got a huge buff

sometimes i still go merc/sorc tho, depends on comp

Aspd reds much more important and they're more useful overall

when you jungle e is your first point because you smite big wraith and hit each one twice and the last one three times and it kills them all in the least amount of attacks
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10620
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King101
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV320
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 50m
INu's Battles
8h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 50m
Replay Cast
19h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.