• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8123 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 58

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 82 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 22 2014 15:38 GMT
#1141
On August 23 2014 00:33 ticklishmusic wrote:
Instead of looking at KDA, why don't we look at gold differentials? (both for team and vs your opposing laner, might even be able to do some sort of crazy equation to weigh how important the gold diff. is for each laner)


My data does not have that.

My data has kda, gold, etc. Data for only 1-3 players per game for the most part. So I only know how much gold 1-3 players have in a given game. For gold differential you need all 10 players.

It's an issue, and one I plan to fix. I had a fix but it is apparent that the fix requires fixing.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 15:53:45
August 22 2014 15:38 GMT
#1142
On August 23 2014 00:33 ticklishmusic wrote:
Instead of looking at KDA, why don't we look at gold differentials? (both for team and vs your opposing laner, might even be able to do some sort of crazy equation to weigh how important the gold diff. is for each laner)


global gold means you could have gotten carried
you could subtract the average gold and then take your corresponding difference to the opposition though
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 15:47:26
August 22 2014 15:45 GMT
#1143
On August 23 2014 00:38 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 00:33 ticklishmusic wrote:
Instead of looking at KDA, why don't we look at gold differentials? (both for team and vs your opposing laner, might even be able to do some sort of crazy equation to weigh how important the gold diff. is for each laner)


global gold means you could have gotten carried


You could add in something that effectively creates "diminishing returns" with regards to winningness as gold differentials between opposing positions gets past a certain point (and also compare to some sort of baseline of how well your team is doing as a whole).

Gold shouldn't be too hard to pull if you can get KDA-- if anything it should be easier because it's a single number instead of 3 for each player.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 15:47:29
August 22 2014 15:47 GMT
#1144
Assuming relatively equal cs (and no BankPlank builds), the only additional factor incorporated in "gold" that isn't in KDA is global objectives. Global objectives are so closely correlated with wins anyway that I don't think gold differential is hugely helpful.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
August 22 2014 15:49 GMT
#1145
On August 23 2014 00:15 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 15:50 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 22 2014 14:59 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
If they're sophisticated enough to mastermind a ddos attack I doubt they'll use a traceable IP to post about it on twitter...

nothing's untraceable with enough subpoenas and manpower. Plus, by revealing their Twitter, all it takes is one slip-up and they're caught. For example, say one member of their group accidentally access their Twitter with their phone, it's pretty easy to catch them from there.

don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the last guy to do these massive ddos attacks ended up getting caught.
On August 22 2014 15:42 739 wrote:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/red-post-collection-gnar-changes-next.html

I do really like the new visual update of client and landing page, seems pretty damn nice.

The "bug" regarding Gnar's W not stunning is (I'm assuming) due to the cc buffering. I hope them fixing this means they're removing CC buffering.


Bonus of this is most people want some sort of credit for what they perceive as some of awesome act. They also tend to think they are way smarter then everyone else. These two factors get most criminals caught.

The successful criminals are the ones that try to stay under the radar. The fact that these idiots posted on twitter leads me to believe that soon they will get caught.


Well, based on the fact that DDOS attacks are generally kind of pointless, that is probably true. The only thing you gain from DDOSing something is being able to say "Hey, i ddosed x". Which is not really that much. I guess you could use DDOS either idiologically by DDOSing things you do not agree with, basically being a cyberterrorist without a lot of terror involved, or economically by DDOSing competitors.

But i highly doubt that valve would DDOS riot servers, the cost of getting caught simply does not warrant the result, or that someone would DDOS riot because they fundamentally disagree with them on some stance. So that pretty much leaves some guy who wants to be cool by DDOSing things, and that is probably not a hardened criminal or the sharpest knife in the drawer.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 16:00:28
August 22 2014 15:51 GMT
#1146
--- Nuked ---
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
August 22 2014 15:53 GMT
#1147
On August 23 2014 00:51 JimmiC wrote:
For stats I would like to see is scores at different times in the match, it might show how you do in lane phase vs how you do later in team fights.


Imagine pre-nerf assassins, lose lane like 1/6 then in teamfights they gib a carry each time regardless

Or reverse, you put a ton of gold on Ezreal and he still does nothing l0l
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 22 2014 15:55 GMT
#1148
or reverse that 6/1 assassin gets focused every teamfight and 0/4 ez who everyone ignores and kills everyone in fights later
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
August 22 2014 15:59 GMT
#1149
On August 23 2014 00:55 Slayer91 wrote:
or reverse that 6/1 assassin gets focused every teamfight and 0/4 ez who everyone ignores and kills everyone in fights later


metagames
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 22 2014 16:26 GMT
#1150
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?
Glorious SEA doto
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
August 22 2014 16:28 GMT
#1151
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

Any champion that is nerfed, regardless of how little is instantly unplayable until such a time someone actual plays him and people realize nothing changed.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 22 2014 16:28 GMT
#1152
On August 23 2014 01:28 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

Any champion that is nerfed, regardless of how little is instantly unplayable until such a time someone actual plays him and people realize nothing changed.

Right, gotta harvest the kassadin freelo train until he's perma pick/ban in NA LCS playoffs.
Glorious SEA doto
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 22 2014 16:47 GMT
#1153
--- Nuked ---
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 22 2014 17:05 GMT
#1154
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

First of all, not true (see most other kassadin changes, recent Ori changes, the unending line of thresh changes). Second, people who say this say it all the time regardless of whether it's actually true in the end. Third, classic TL Hipsterism at its finest.
Freeeeeeedom
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 22 2014 17:14 GMT
#1155
On August 23 2014 01:28 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 01:28 Gorsameth wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

Any champion that is nerfed, regardless of how little is instantly unplayable until such a time someone actual plays him and people realize nothing changed.

Right, gotta harvest the kassadin freelo train until he's perma pick/ban in NA LCS playoffs.


I reserve 2 bans for Tristana and Morg because those 2 deserve a special place in hell and if my team wants to have Kassadin banned, then I do it because in soloq people don't react to pings and even if you have him 0/2 and 30cs down in lane by lvl 6 he's still going to get that triple kill bot.

Usually I ban Master Yi as third ban now though cause most teams don't snowball hard enough 5v4 in the first 15min that most yi's afk farm and he still becomes a monster.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 17:22:50
August 22 2014 17:21 GMT
#1156
On August 23 2014 02:05 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

First of all, not true (see most other kassadin changes, recent Ori changes, the unending line of thresh changes). Second, people who say this say it all the time regardless of whether it's actually true in the end. Third, classic TL Hipsterism at its finest.

I did what on the what now. I was just asking
On August 23 2014 02:14 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 01:28 Fusilero wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:28 Gorsameth wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

Any champion that is nerfed, regardless of how little is instantly unplayable until such a time someone actual plays him and people realize nothing changed.

Right, gotta harvest the kassadin freelo train until he's perma pick/ban in NA LCS playoffs.


I reserve 2 bans for Tristana and Morg because those 2 deserve a special place in hell and if my team wants to have Kassadin banned, then I do it because in soloq people don't react to pings and even if you have him 0/2 and 30cs down in lane by lvl 6 he's still going to get that triple kill bot.

Usually I ban Master Yi as third ban now though cause most teams don't snowball hard enough 5v4 in the first 15min that most yi's afk farm and he still becomes a monster.

Man I dodge whenever yi or tryn appear now, I just can't be bothered to deal with either of them. I normally prioritise morgana and yasuo.
Glorious SEA doto
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 17:28:42
August 22 2014 17:26 GMT
#1157
I've actually played quite a bit of Ori on this patch and she's still good but I find myself thinking about swapping to a new melee dominator, it's def not the same. Not saying it isn't fair because her lategame is still super good, but when I'm vs. Yasuo all I care about is punishing him for as long as possible because eventually Yasuo becomes Yasuo.

The riftwalk nerfs seem pretty harsh, I've stopped banning him, and he goes unpicked even sometimes, but I was never a Kass player even when he was bonkers so I couldn't tell you if he's actually bad (or just ok).
Carrilord has arrived.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 22 2014 17:26 GMT
#1158
On August 23 2014 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 02:05 cLutZ wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

First of all, not true (see most other kassadin changes, recent Ori changes, the unending line of thresh changes). Second, people who say this say it all the time regardless of whether it's actually true in the end. Third, classic TL Hipsterism at its finest.

I did what on the what now. I was just asking
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 02:14 AsnSensation wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:28 Fusilero wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:28 Gorsameth wrote:
On August 23 2014 01:26 Fusilero wrote:
So is kassadin no longer ban worthy or what, from my casual observations and tiny sample size I see more jax than kass bans in plat 5 yet he still seems broken as fuck when I play him, was the riftwalk nerf really that bad?

Any champion that is nerfed, regardless of how little is instantly unplayable until such a time someone actual plays him and people realize nothing changed.

Right, gotta harvest the kassadin freelo train until he's perma pick/ban in NA LCS playoffs.


I reserve 2 bans for Tristana and Morg because those 2 deserve a special place in hell and if my team wants to have Kassadin banned, then I do it because in soloq people don't react to pings and even if you have him 0/2 and 30cs down in lane by lvl 6 he's still going to get that triple kill bot.

Usually I ban Master Yi as third ban now though cause most teams don't snowball hard enough 5v4 in the first 15min that most yi's afk farm and he still becomes a monster.

Man I dodge whenever yi or tryn appear now, I just can't be bothered to deal with either of them. I normally prioritise morgana and yasuo.

Meant to quote gorsameth. Fat fingered smartphone.
Freeeeeeedom
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 22 2014 17:31 GMT
#1159
Uh Yi can be shut down easily if your team got half a brain and pick something to counter him.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 22 2014 17:44 GMT
#1160
Just played against alistar top for the first time. The bullshit is real. It wouldn't be nearly as strong without his w though, as it essentially leaves it completely up to him if and when there's gonna be any fighting in lane.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 110
Hyun 39
ZZZero.O 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7406
febbydoto15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3593
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1098
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
FrodaN2776
Beastyqt905
fl0m896
KnowMe458
mouzStarbuck274
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King57
Trikslyr43
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1080
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• StrangeGG 43
• Adnapsc2 20
• LUISG 9
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8203
• WagamamaTV494
Other Games
• imaqtpie954
• Shiphtur296
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 54m
INu's Battles
16h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 54m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.