• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:16
CEST 00:16
KST 07:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7962 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 56

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 82 Next
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
August 22 2014 10:04 GMT
#1101
On August 22 2014 18:06 739 wrote:
I know how to fix all the problems. Remove summoners spells, flash, ghost, cleanse and everything is fine now and require more skill and you need to pay more attention about positioning and ganks.

Summoner spells are fine IMO, some are just too ubiquitous (Flash mandatory on everyone for a start) and some roles are waaaaaaaaaaay too rigid in what they take.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 22 2014 10:06 GMT
#1102
I still think that no summoners would make this game much more interesting and more agressive and people would actually learn map awareness
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 22 2014 10:10 GMT
#1103
Keep in mind that a lack of summoner spells also removes aggressive plays made with them.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 22 2014 10:34 GMT
#1104
On August 22 2014 15:50 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 15:42 739 wrote:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/red-post-collection-gnar-changes-next.html

I do really like the new visual update of client and landing page, seems pretty damn nice.

The "bug" regarding Gnar's W not stunning is (I'm assuming) due to the cc buffering. I hope them fixing this means they're removing CC buffering.


That is really weird. They specifically call it a bug yet that's exactly how CC buffering works for everyone else. I wonder if it's a case of whoever is workingon Gnar doesn't know that or they intentionally changing it just for Gnar? If they were changing it for the whole game I'd imagine they would mention that. Champs like Liss may become viable if it was changed.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 10:42:04
August 22 2014 10:41 GMT
#1105
On August 22 2014 19:34 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 15:50 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 22 2014 15:42 739 wrote:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/red-post-collection-gnar-changes-next.html

I do really like the new visual update of client and landing page, seems pretty damn nice.

The "bug" regarding Gnar's W not stunning is (I'm assuming) due to the cc buffering. I hope them fixing this means they're removing CC buffering.


That is really weird. They specifically call it a bug yet that's exactly how CC buffering works for everyone else. I wonder if it's a case of whoever is workingon Gnar doesn't know that or they intentionally changing it just for Gnar? If they were changing it for the whole game I'd imagine they would mention that. Champs like Liss may become viable if it was changed.

Almost every champ with 2 or more snare or better CC's encounters this issue. You either overlap CC by like half a second or more, or the guy you're attacking can flash, simply because of the coding.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
August 22 2014 11:12 GMT
#1106
Following on "is kda a good metric" and seeing as people disregard endogeneity maybe we need to explain it in another simple way.
Take it this way instead of "what are my chances of winning if my kda/df is higher then X?" you can rephrase the question as "what are my chances of having a kda/df higher than X if win=yes?"
Im sure a Durbin-watson test would clain those variables are autocorrelated.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 22 2014 11:16 GMT
#1107
On August 22 2014 20:12 Usagi wrote:
Following on "is kda a good metric" and seeing as people disregard endogeneity maybe we need to explain it in another simple way.
Take it this way instead of "what are my chances of winning if my kda/df is higher then X?" you can rephrase the question as "what are my chances of having a kda/df higher than X if win=yes?"
Im sure a Durbin-watson test would clain those variables are autocorrelated.

People look at KDA as a personal performance stat, not a team-based one.
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
August 22 2014 11:37 GMT
#1108
On August 22 2014 19:06 739 wrote:
I still think that no summoners would make this game much more interesting and more agressive and people would actually learn map awareness

It isn't going to make more aggression happen. If anything it will remove what we have. Champs like Annie, Galio and Sona who rely on Flash to make plays and make the strengths of their kit function would cease to be played (in before 'that's no change for Galio'). Champs with mobility or long range will crowd out other champs even more than they already do.

I'm all in favour of reducing the ubiquitous nature of Flash, I just can't foresee a way you could do it effectively. The best idea is probably introducing a blink dagger type item, but that's going to cause a whole new balance problem that I'm pretty sure Riot won't want to deal with.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 11:39:32
August 22 2014 11:38 GMT
#1109
Ok, I think I might give Shaco another chance and try him a little bit.

What runes setup is best for Shaco? How do you build him nowadays? Is it like Elder > Hydra > another offensive item? Like Static/BoTRK/LW/IE ?

And how are you actually playing him when u gank? Come close, use ur Q to go stealth mode, stab from behind, throw E and put a box? Or am I fucking up something here a bit? Also Smite/Ignite core summoners?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/20983044#ranked-stats

Edit : Something like this ?

Machete 4 pots, first back +5 boots.
Second back finish machete into a lizard.
Third back start building Statik Shiv.
Fourth item start building Hydra.
5th Item start building infinity edge.
6th Item sell the lizard and buy a last whisper.
7th Item guardians angel.
Late game if needed I sell the +5 boots and get beserker greaves.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 22 2014 11:48 GMT
#1110
Why are you selling the Liz before you get a full set of items? Also ghostblade pretty strong, might wanna consider that if LW isn't necessary (I think LW is rarely necessary in current meta).
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 11:54:06
August 22 2014 11:49 GMT
#1111
I just copy pasted that from some thread of Diamond Shaco player on LoL forums.

I think that Elder > Statik > Hydra/Ghostblade > IE > LW would be good? Or you just want BoTRK?

Or do I want Feral Flare on Shaco?

Runes ad marks, armor/flat hp seals?, as glyphs, ms quints? Or just standard same runes as for adc? full Ad + armor + mres?
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Volband
Profile Joined March 2011
Hungary6034 Posts
August 22 2014 12:06 GMT
#1112
Okay, fuck lolskill and ranked stats even more. I just won 4 games with Leona in silver 3v3 - like, easiest games of my life - and my Leona stat is boosted as heck. So stupid, really. I thought my only concern playing casual 5v5s or 3v3s was not wanting to play my mains because I would be too tryhard, but I don't like the free stat boost either.
I like ranked stats because it is a pretty good feedback after you played enough games with a champion, and you can clearly see what you should improve with and what are your best champs. Sure, luck can affect it, I had a 0-13 Leona stat in s2 at one point even though I played pretty good most of my games, but by the end of the season I was 50% with her, so everything falls into place eventually.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 22 2014 12:17 GMT
#1113
Stats don't mean cheat outside of a large sample pool.

And yeah lolskill is terrible as fuck, I'm not even #1 Kennen wtf.
The legend of Darien lives on
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 22 2014 12:35 GMT
#1114
On August 22 2014 20:12 Usagi wrote:
Following on "is kda a good metric" and seeing as people disregard endogeneity maybe we need to explain it in another simple way.
Take it this way instead of "what are my chances of winning if my kda/df is higher then X?" you can rephrase the question as "what are my chances of having a kda/df higher than X if win=yes?"
Im sure a Durbin-watson test would clain those variables are autocorrelated.


It doesn't matter if the model is valid. All that matters is the "DF" factor being able to predict wins and how well it does. Whether or not the error term satisfy our model assumptions is irrelevant Because we simply don't care.

Here's an analogy. There is a mosquito on the wall, and you want to kill it. Instead of smashing it with your hands, you reason that you need to use a gun. Then you tell yourself that you cannot use a gun because it would penetrate the wall and hurt your neighbour.

All this talk about dependent error term is cute and all but you can't pose a complicated solution to a simple problem, find an issue with the complicated solution, then deem the problem impossible to solve.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 12:43:48
August 22 2014 12:43 GMT
#1115
The fact is you cant correlate "I am playing better" to "I have a good KDA" because you can win games by other factors and that affects your kda, thus, looking at "improving your kda" to win more games is a terrible simplistic point of view, and not, kda doesnt predict wins, because you can not have a set kda before the win or loss is determined.

You cant be like "Oh ill be 12-3-4 this game and then I will win"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 22 2014 13:00 GMT
#1116
On August 22 2014 21:43 Usagi wrote:
The fact is you cant correlate "I am playing better" to "I have a good KDA" because you can win games by other factors and that affects your kda, thus, looking at "improving your kda" to win more games is a terrible simplistic point of view, and not, kda doesnt predict wins, because you can not have a set kda before the win or loss is determined.

You cant be like "Oh ill be 12-3-4 this game and then I will win"

I'm pretty sure you have a much better chance to win the game 12-3-4 than 3-12-4.
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 13:20:41
August 22 2014 13:18 GMT
#1117
On August 22 2014 22:00 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 21:43 Usagi wrote:
The fact is you cant correlate "I am playing better" to "I have a good KDA" because you can win games by other factors and that affects your kda, thus, looking at "improving your kda" to win more games is a terrible simplistic point of view, and not, kda doesnt predict wins, because you can not have a set kda before the win or loss is determined.

You cant be like "Oh ill be 12-3-4 this game and then I will win"

I'm pretty sure you have a much better chance to win the game 12-3-4 than 3-12-4.


But do you have a better chance to win a game with 12-3-4 or 15-7-8? or maybe 6-1-5?
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
August 22 2014 13:22 GMT
#1118
On August 22 2014 22:00 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 21:43 Usagi wrote:
The fact is you cant correlate "I am playing better" to "I have a good KDA" because you can win games by other factors and that affects your kda, thus, looking at "improving your kda" to win more games is a terrible simplistic point of view, and not, kda doesnt predict wins, because you can not have a set kda before the win or loss is determined.

You cant be like "Oh ill be 12-3-4 this game and then I will win"

I'm pretty sure you have a much better chance to win the game 12-3-4 than 3-12-4.

But hte fact that winning/losing and the score you get are determined at the same time is what makes predicting the wins or loses on the result 100% irrelevant.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 22 2014 13:22 GMT
#1119
On August 22 2014 22:18 Bam Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 22:00 Gahlo wrote:
On August 22 2014 21:43 Usagi wrote:
The fact is you cant correlate "I am playing better" to "I have a good KDA" because you can win games by other factors and that affects your kda, thus, looking at "improving your kda" to win more games is a terrible simplistic point of view, and not, kda doesnt predict wins, because you can not have a set kda before the win or loss is determined.

You cant be like "Oh ill be 12-3-4 this game and then I will win"

I'm pretty sure you have a much better chance to win the game 12-3-4 than 3-12-4.


But do you have a better chance to win a game with 12-3-4 or 15-7-8? or maybe 6-1-5?

I'd still take 12-3-4 as having a better chance to win.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 22 2014 13:31 GMT
#1120
No one said anything about a causal relationship. It's simply correlation between winning and kda.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft204
Nina 84
ViBE56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14139
ZZZero.O 174
Dewaltoss 142
firebathero 97
Hyuk 72
Terrorterran 25
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto49
League of Legends
Doublelift3666
Counter-Strike
Fnx 833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5823
Other Games
summit1g6682
FrodaN2407
fl0m726
mouzStarbuck377
JimRising 276
KnowMe253
ToD207
ArmadaUGS142
Mew2King40
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• musti20045 34
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie789
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 44m
INu's Battles
13h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 44m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.