• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:24
CEST 12:24
KST 19:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8855 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 16

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 82 Next
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
August 14 2014 12:25 GMT
#301
On August 14 2014 18:27 739 wrote:
I have every single champion bought while playing this game 3 years and having 1 year break for DotA2 :\ does this make me a goddamn nerd?


Are you really asking this question on teamliquid?
Volband
Profile Joined March 2011
Hungary6034 Posts
August 14 2014 12:44 GMT
#302
Fuck that site, I compared myself with some of the Jannas and lol, this ain't fair. How am I losing out to someone who has 1/3 as many games, 10% worse win rate and a worse kda. I should check back how much my lolskill goes up if I jump a division.

Also, a plat 5 guy is in the top 10, having 16% worse winrate (which almost puts him at 50%), and his saving grace is the 0.8 deaths per game. I mean, that's impressive in 40+ games, but man, if in my next 10 J games I go über-pussy mode, probably losing most of the games, but not dying at all I would probably get a much higher lolskill points. Fuck this, I'm salty.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 12:50:42
August 14 2014 12:50 GMT
#303
Yea I was wondering a while back when someone linked it about how they calculate because while it did seem random there was a lot of rankings that I would agree with though.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 14 2014 12:54 GMT
#304
My Lulu has an awful score because I spam support games with her, having low farm and a way less favourable kda (I die more, and even if I get a bunch of assists I have no kills).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 14 2014 12:55 GMT
#305
The site has the small issue of apparently only counting players who's summoner name has been previously searched for.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prog
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom1470 Posts
August 14 2014 12:59 GMT
#306
This says i'm currently #427 Karma in the world while playing her only as support. Better than expected.
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 14 2014 15:34 GMT
#307
On August 14 2014 21:44 Volband wrote:
Fuck that site, I compared myself with some of the Jannas and lol, this ain't fair. How am I losing out to someone who has 1/3 as many games, 10% worse win rate and a worse kda. I should check back how much my lolskill goes up if I jump a division.

Also, a plat 5 guy is in the top 10, having 16% worse winrate (which almost puts him at 50%), and his saving grace is the 0.8 deaths per game. I mean, that's impressive in 40+ games, but man, if in my next 10 J games I go über-pussy mode, probably losing most of the games, but not dying at all I would probably get a much higher lolskill points. Fuck this, I'm salty.

Here is how you tell if you're the best Janna main in the game.

1) get a list of all the Janna's

2) rank them by MMR

lol skill and every other site that tries to give you a rating that isn't just your MMR is dumb.
Volband
Profile Joined March 2011
Hungary6034 Posts
August 14 2014 15:44 GMT
#308
On August 15 2014 00:34 Goumindong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2014 21:44 Volband wrote:
Fuck that site, I compared myself with some of the Jannas and lol, this ain't fair. How am I losing out to someone who has 1/3 as many games, 10% worse win rate and a worse kda. I should check back how much my lolskill goes up if I jump a division.

Also, a plat 5 guy is in the top 10, having 16% worse winrate (which almost puts him at 50%), and his saving grace is the 0.8 deaths per game. I mean, that's impressive in 40+ games, but man, if in my next 10 J games I go über-pussy mode, probably losing most of the games, but not dying at all I would probably get a much higher lolskill points. Fuck this, I'm salty.

Here is how you tell if you're the best Janna main in the game.

1) get a list of all the Janna's

2) rank them by MMR

lol skill and every other site that tries to give you a rating that isn't just your MMR is dumb.

Wouldn't that just list every challanger player who ever played at least 1 game with Janna?
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
August 14 2014 15:54 GMT
#309
On August 15 2014 00:44 Volband wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2014 00:34 Goumindong wrote:
On August 14 2014 21:44 Volband wrote:
Fuck that site, I compared myself with some of the Jannas and lol, this ain't fair. How am I losing out to someone who has 1/3 as many games, 10% worse win rate and a worse kda. I should check back how much my lolskill goes up if I jump a division.

Also, a plat 5 guy is in the top 10, having 16% worse winrate (which almost puts him at 50%), and his saving grace is the 0.8 deaths per game. I mean, that's impressive in 40+ games, but man, if in my next 10 J games I go über-pussy mode, probably losing most of the games, but not dying at all I would probably get a much higher lolskill points. Fuck this, I'm salty.

Here is how you tell if you're the best Janna main in the game.

1) get a list of all the Janna's

2) rank them by MMR

lol skill and every other site that tries to give you a rating that isn't just your MMR is dumb.

Wouldn't that just list every challanger player who ever played at least 1 game with Janna?



Maybe there's a way to look only at the most played champion, I don't know (no irony, I really don't).
Other than that, looking only at MMR makes little sense for cross-server comparisons imo. But then again, the site doesn't even look at Korea, so...

If you really want to know who's the best in the world at a champion, your best bet is still to go through the challenger/high diamond kr ladder (using op.gg for example) and find the one trick pony using the champ you're looking for. There is always one. That guy is most likely top 10 world on that champ.
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
August 14 2014 16:31 GMT
#310
Played Gnar vs Jax owned him pretty hard

Played Gnar vs Vayne and got shat on
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
August 14 2014 16:35 GMT
#311
So have you played thr new kassa? The ridiculous long time it takes to reset the mana cost on R basically means that you cant really use it to roam and in TF that you basically only have 4 riftwalks (75, 150, 300, 600, at 1200 your are prolly oom).

Seriously, I think they finally killed him. I dont see in what team comp you would ever want to play a melee AP assassin that needs 4items+ to be relevant and that cant really chase/clean up because his mobility is severly limited. Like, what are you supposed to do in a tf? You stand there, waiting for the initiation, then you RQWE one damage dealer, pop Zhonyas when you get focussed and hope that somehow you will win the tf.

Sounds like fizz, only with SO MUCH LESS BURST. fuck this, I'll get fizz asap
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 14 2014 16:39 GMT
#312
Kass still has decent mobility considering he'll build Lichbane. He's a bit slow for a melee but the %MS will help, so nothing stops you from walking back till you get your cooldowns, instead of rifting out.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
August 14 2014 16:52 GMT
#313
On August 15 2014 01:39 Alaric wrote:
Kass still has decent mobility considering he'll build Lichbane. He's a bit slow for a melee but the %MS will help, so nothing stops you from walking back till you get your cooldowns, instead of rifting out.


Ehm, when exactly are you supposed to go lichbane lol? The reason it works on fizz as first item is cause he doesnt need mana.

Then again, maybe the ROA first build sucks. Maybe maxing W and going lichbane first is the way to go, I dont know. But if you go RoA your early game sucks cause you dont have dmg, and after that + boots you prolly want to get zhonyas (as you prolly would on fizz).

Again, imho he needs to many items to be relevant
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
M2
Profile Joined December 2002
Bulgaria4180 Posts
August 14 2014 17:08 GMT
#314
Since this is Gnar patch, any thoughts on Gnar? It doesnt look op to me, in yordle form he can't do much, mostly farm and run away abilities, however, when he is big he does shit, but I am not sure it does more than the other tanks/bruisers, meaning that you can be easily caught off-guard while being small, and being big does not compensate for that. Fun to play though no question about this and viable pick for soloQ
Knife kitty, night kitty, put you on a slab. Stealthy kitty, hunter kitty, stab stab stab :-)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 17:10:11
August 14 2014 17:09 GMT
#315
On August 15 2014 02:08 M2 wrote:
Since this is Gnar patch, any thoughts on Gnar? It doesnt look op to me, in yordle form he can't do much, mostly farm and run away abilities, however, when he is big he does shit, but I am not sure it does more than the other tanks/bruisers, meaning that you can be easily caught off-guard while being small, and being big does not compensate for that. Fun to play though no question about this and viable pick for soloQ

Adorable. At least a moderate skill floor that most people haven't adjusted to. I think he's going to be really strong in competent hands.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 17:26:15
August 14 2014 17:25 GMT
#316
i dont see him being a competitive lcs pick though he just seems too funky, so much goes in to building team comps i dont even know what you would bring to assist him? i could imagine him being a split push god though.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 14 2014 17:39 GMT
#317
just after trying him and facing him a couple times i think the boomerang is too strong for such a low cooldown manaless move, he is really hard to gank with his jump and speed boosts. split pushing doesn't feel that good though because your rage builds up so fast pushing a wave its often wasted and you feel vulnerable after. super fun though. feels so good when you bounce onto your lane opponent and stun them right as you go mega! i still have no idea what to build on him though.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
August 14 2014 17:41 GMT
#318
On August 15 2014 02:39 ComaDose wrote:
just after trying him and facing him a couple times i think the boomerang is too strong for such a low cooldown manaless move, he is really hard to gank with his jump and speed boosts. split pushing doesn't feel that good though because your rage builds up so fast pushing a wave its often wasted and you feel vulnerable after. super fun though. feels so good when you bounce onto your lane opponent and stun them right as you go mega! i still have no idea what to build on him though.


super low cd ranged slow (that also wave clears) and tons of movement speed and he isnt a split push champ?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
August 14 2014 17:46 GMT
#319
Botrk into tank. Works on anyone I guess so why not Gnar.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 14 2014 17:47 GMT
#320
On August 15 2014 02:41 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2014 02:39 ComaDose wrote:
just after trying him and facing him a couple times i think the boomerang is too strong for such a low cooldown manaless move, he is really hard to gank with his jump and speed boosts. split pushing doesn't feel that good though because your rage builds up so fast pushing a wave its often wasted and you feel vulnerable after. super fun though. feels so good when you bounce onto your lane opponent and stun them right as you go mega! i still have no idea what to build on him though.


super low cd ranged slow (that also wave clears) and tons of movement speed and he isnt a split push champ?

I mean im bad and i tried it twice but it just felt like when anyone showed up to the lane you were pushing your mega was already wasted on the last wave and you couldn't really stick around on their side of the map. of course that's not required to split push and he could just get away with great escapes and come back later. the uncontrollable form changing is a pretty interesting and difficult to manage mechanic in general.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2215
Bisu 835
Horang2 536
Jaedong 457
BeSt 376
Hyuk 343
actioN 234
firebathero 208
Zeus 184
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Leta 168
EffOrt 130
Stork 106
Soma 103
ZerO 86
Pusan 62
Sexy 60
Killer 45
Last 45
Mong 44
Shinee 41
Rush 39
Mind 38
Aegong 29
soO 27
ToSsGirL 24
hero 24
Bale 22
Sharp 16
PianO 16
sorry 15
NaDa 14
Terrorterran 13
ggaemo 11
Noble 9
JulyZerg 9
HiyA 7
Free 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 63
League of Legends
JimRising 368
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss955
x6flipin109
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King157
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1886
Other Games
gofns31232
singsing1699
crisheroes333
XBOCT273
DeMusliM183
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee99
QueenE43
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream240
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• LUISG 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
League of Legends
• Jankos2112
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 36m
Stellar Fest
2h 36m
OSC
13h 36m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.