• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11986 users

[Patch 4.12] RIP Lucian General Discussion - Page 34

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 86 Next
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 14:41 GMT
#661
On July 21 2014 23:27 Alaric wrote:
Permabans too strong. I don't even know what he's worth post-nerfs because I haven't been able to pick him (partly because I refuse to do so blind, playing against Singed/Renekton or especially Ryze was already very tense before, getting used to losing so much EHP by starting with these match-ups would be harsh).

I guess I shouldn't mind getting carried because it's part of the game, but when I'm really getting hard-carried it frustrates me more than anything. Sure, we won, but I don't feel like I deserved it (which is egotistical because the other guy(s) sure deserved his/their win).
At times it's just that one guy is so on his game he wins the game before anyone else does anything. It's "hop on the train and enjoy the ride". But when you're getting really bad/playing badly/getting shat on, it's more "you're lying face first in the dirt as the train approches and the driver picks you up and throws you into a wagon without braking".
As mentioned some people only expect to be hard carrying their games and it's ego stuff. I'm more about creating space and setting a tempo than making big plays so I couldn't care less about that. But when I'm really behind the only thing I can think is "I was lucky to have someone on my team better than theirs, because I didn't pull my own weight this game", that feeling of being a burden.

When I fuck up, my jungler comes and saves my sorry ass who was ready to get whipped some more, and ganks three times in succession to get me kills and set me back up, even if I end up dealing 2nd most damage overall and with a 6-1 kd after that and being huge, I'm still disappointed about my play that game because the jungler (and the others who pulled through while he was busy picking me up) definitely carried me more than the reverse in my view, regardless of what happened after.

Team builder is what I use to scout changed problem champions.
napo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania622 Posts
July 21 2014 15:03 GMT
#662
Thats why it's a teamgame - just like in real life, you can't always be the one donating, you have to be willing to accept good deeds by others.

Instead, focus that energy on improving and scouting what went wrong/why did you had to get carried and try to avoid it in the future.
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 15:21:30
July 21 2014 15:19 GMT
#663
I've experienced every player Alaric described on the last page.

especially the extremely negative on vent no matter how hard the team is winning if his personal stats aren't super good, unfortunately he's a really good friend of mine.
Carrilord has arrived.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 21 2014 15:32 GMT
#664
On July 22 2014 00:03 napo wrote:
Thats why it's a teamgame - just like in real life, you can't always be the one donating, you have to be willing to accept good deeds by others.

Instead, focus that energy on improving and scouting what went wrong/why did you had to get carried and try to avoid it in the future.


This is the biggest problem with the whole "MOBA" genre I feel. People don't understand that sometimes in order to win you have to just accept you wont be strong this game and rely on your allies to carry you. Generally people when losing will just keep trying to "make plays" that end up losing ever harder instead of just realizing they can't win their lane and instead need to just not feed any further.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 21 2014 15:38 GMT
#665
On July 22 2014 00:32 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 00:03 napo wrote:
Thats why it's a teamgame - just like in real life, you can't always be the one donating, you have to be willing to accept good deeds by others.

Instead, focus that energy on improving and scouting what went wrong/why did you had to get carried and try to avoid it in the future.


This is the biggest problem with the whole "MOBA" genre I feel. People don't understand that sometimes in order to win you have to just accept you wont be strong this game and rely on your allies to carry you. Generally people when losing will just keep trying to "make plays" that end up losing ever harder instead of just realizing they can't win their lane and instead need to just not feed any further.

sounds like a problem with people, not the game. If you can't recognize when you aren't the best player in a match then you need to figure that out yourself.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 21 2014 15:44 GMT
#666
Because he was clearly blaming Riot.
Carrilord has arrived.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 21 2014 16:06 GMT
#667
Rofl yea what. It happens in Dota, LoL, smite etc. People never know when to just let themselves be carried. Sometimes it's just not your game.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 16:12 GMT
#668
My soloq games are starting to feel like EULCS. 0.0
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 21 2014 16:37 GMT
#669
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Meanwhile in the challenger scene alex ich on mid lucian vs cassiopeia
Glorious SEA doto
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 21 2014 16:39 GMT
#670
On July 22 2014 01:06 Numy wrote:
Rofl yea what. It happens in Dota, LoL, smite etc. People never know when to just let themselves be carried. Sometimes it's just not your game.

happens in FPS, basketball, soccer. its a team thing, and its about people.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 21 2014 16:43 GMT
#671
On July 22 2014 01:39 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 01:06 Numy wrote:
Rofl yea what. It happens in Dota, LoL, smite etc. People never know when to just let themselves be carried. Sometimes it's just not your game.

happens in FPS, basketball, soccer. its a team thing, and its about people.

give kobe ball, receive ring.
liftlift > tsm
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 21 2014 16:45 GMT
#672
On July 22 2014 01:37 Fusilero wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Meanwhile in the challenger scene alex ich on mid lucian vs cassiopeia


I see PoE there, is UOL = Unicorns in love?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 21 2014 16:45 GMT
#673
On July 22 2014 01:45 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 01:37 Fusilero wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Meanwhile in the challenger scene alex ich on mid lucian vs cassiopeia


I see PoE there, is UOL = Unicorns in love?

Unicorns of Love.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 21 2014 16:46 GMT
#674
UoL is unicorns of love, power of evil was their original mid lane before he left to try out for NiP. No hard feelings I guess.
Glorious SEA doto
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 21 2014 16:48 GMT
#675
Oh ok I was so confused why it was UoL. Surprised he wasn't considered for CW, he seemed pretty strong.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 17:06:05
July 21 2014 17:05 GMT
#676
On July 22 2014 01:37 Fusilero wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Meanwhile in the challenger scene alex ich on mid lucian vs cassiopeia

The teleport jungle Rammus was the best thing about that game tho.
Off-season = best season
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 17:32:56
July 21 2014 17:18 GMT
#677
Did anyone play warwick in 4.12 ? I can't R->Q smoothly any more, I have to spam it 3 or even sometimes 4 times to have my Q go off. It doesn't seem to happen every time but I'm quite sure it's not me as I have tons of games on the champ and never felt this before.

edit : found this on reddit http://np.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2b7fyg/ww_bug/ but it has like 0 answers D:
edit2 more : http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4704170

well seems like the bug is known there are tons of threads on the riot forums already, surprised there is nothing on reddit
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 21 2014 17:26 GMT
#678
On July 21 2014 23:10 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 22:45 Sufficiency wrote:
I played a game a while ago (might be able to dig it up) where the opposing team has a Jax who is 8-2 and simply unstoppable. But instead of teamfighting he chose to splitpush all day while we were winning 5 on 4s and 4 on 4s. In the end we won the game. We never had a gold lead in the entiee duration of the game

Maybe you'd have won the 5v5s regardless. Had a game like that where I trashed on whoever their AP top was as Irelia, and they had Syndra, Elise, and something like Nami. And Varus. Until the latter autos got strong enough, they were pretty much only magic damage and a bunch of squishies, I could 1v2 easily, and probably (depending on summoners available for all) get a kill before I died/got out 1v3.

'cept the team did really really retarded plays (as in I pinged and told them not to overstay/fight the ahead guy w/o your ults, I told them I could tp on drake but they stayed behind the pit and wanted to try a steal instead, failed, then scattered in the area when the grouped enemy team was still there and picked several off, etc.) and fed Varus hard. Not as much as me, but enough that my plan of building Locket and destroying the midgame fights before he came online was dashed.
At that point since they put themselves so behind that we couldn't win the 5v5s (even if they were able to win 4v2 while it took 3 to save Varus from me they'd run away from a 4v1) our best bet was to give up my lead by having me splitpush and create pressure so they'd be able to farm (not fight, they'd have managed to fuck up 4v3s even without Varus), then group up again once they weren't useless anymore, hopefully before I fell off.
(That was the point at which they decided to start initiating into the enemy team, and bait me into turning the fight just for them to use that to run away, so we did lose.)

Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:09 Nos- wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:03 Gahlo wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:18 nafta wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.

The "I'd rather lose than get carried" mentality is one of the worst parts of soloq. It's like... if somebody is getting camped, can't farm, and feeding like crazy and afks cause his teammates are being dicks, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. But shitters like that... I just don't.

I'm always impressed when I get carried like "damn this guy just 1v5-ed the entire enemy team as jungle yi what a monster".

Also I get carried often in soloq, I don't think I've ever seen someone get mad that they're getting carried though that's just bizzarre

It's not "mad that they're getting carried", more "the team as a whole is miles ahead, but they're doing really badly and if they get called out on it they'll throw a tantrum and disregard the state of the game to afk/ragequit/whatever".
I don't think they even realise that they're getting carried: they're so focused on their own performance that if they're behind then it means they're (including the team) losing.

Had a guy like that, his kda (or rather kd, even) was his only metric. It didn't matter if we were winning every lane after a bad start from him that we helped recover, if he wasn't getting kills he'd whine over skype and be very negative. We would force a 20 minutes surrender and he'd complain because he was 1-4-15 or something on MF, every kill he wouldn't get ('cause, y'know, we got a Veigar sniping people left and right) he'd whine about how he needs the gold to come back.
(He had a really uncanny ability to last hit champions when doing jack shit in teamfights too, like getting a triple kill with 5 autos after spending most of the teamfight trying to hide while we did 90% of people's HP. But at least he was happy afterwards. )



Here's the game
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1452067739/48338815

I don't think we won full 5v5s except maybe once. We won all teamfights each Jax was not present.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
July 21 2014 17:47 GMT
#679
On July 21 2014 23:27 Alaric wrote:
Permabans too strong. I don't even know what he's worth post-nerfs because I haven't been able to pick him (partly because I refuse to do so blind, playing against Singed/Renekton or especially Ryze was already very tense before, getting used to losing so much EHP by starting with these match-ups would be harsh).

I guess I shouldn't mind getting carried because it's part of the game, but when I'm really getting hard-carried it frustrates me more than anything. Sure, we won, but I don't feel like I deserved it (which is egotistical because the other guy(s) sure deserved his/their win).
At times it's just that one guy is so on his game he wins the game before anyone else does anything. It's "hop on the train and enjoy the ride". But when you're getting really bad/playing badly/getting shat on, it's more "you're lying face first in the dirt as the train approches and the driver picks you up and throws you into a wagon without braking".
As mentioned some people only expect to be hard carrying their games and it's ego stuff. I'm more about creating space and setting a tempo than making big plays so I couldn't care less about that. But when I'm really behind the only thing I can think is "I was lucky to have someone on my team better than theirs, because I didn't pull my own weight this game", that feeling of being a burden.

When I fuck up, my jungler comes and saves my sorry ass who was ready to get whipped some more, and ganks three times in succession to get me kills and set me back up, even if I end up dealing 2nd most damage overall and with a 6-1 kd after that and being huge, I'm still disappointed about my play that game because the jungler (and the others who pulled through while he was busy picking me up) definitely carried me more than the reverse in my view, regardless of what happened after.

When you're behind it's all about how to not be a burden for your team. Some people are really good at it and some aren't.

My solution is to pick champions that can initiate and peel. If I am ahead I will initiate, if my team is ahead I will peel, if the enemy team is ahead I will try to make picks.

But sometimes you get the teams where the allied Kayle ults the support Alistar and there is nothing you can do about the game.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 21 2014 17:48 GMT
#680
Tryndamere with 6% crit chance and not even half his bar just crit me more than half the time over 4 different fights. I'm done.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech82
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1138
Bisu 916
Hyuk 841
Larva 628
Leta 168
Sexy 135
Zeus 117
EffOrt 112
PianO 94
Soma 94
[ Show more ]
Mini 93
Pusan 65
ZerO 43
Killer 41
Last 38
ToSsGirL 35
sorry 32
Bale 26
Hm[arnc] 23
Trap 20
yabsab 18
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe434
XaKoH 312
League of Legends
JimRising 320
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
Other Games
gofns31922
singsing1660
crisheroes214
OGKoka 197
Mew2King138
ArmadaUGS58
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• LUISG 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Jankos1333
• Stunt909
Upcoming Events
Online Event
42m
FEL
5h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 42m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.