• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:15
CEST 08:15
KST 15:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9599 users

[Patch 4.12] RIP Lucian General Discussion - Page 33

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 86 Next
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
July 21 2014 11:11 GMT
#641
On July 21 2014 20:09 GolemMadness wrote:
Split pushing at lower elo is so brutal. People just have no idea what to do.

Sadly neither does your own team so often they just get caught 4v5 and die horribly :p
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 21 2014 11:14 GMT
#642
On July 21 2014 20:11 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 20:09 GolemMadness wrote:
Split pushing at lower elo is so brutal. People just have no idea what to do.

Sadly neither does your own team so often they just get caught 4v5 and die horribly :p


Yeah, that's what I meant. Or when 4 people come up to kill you and instead of just taking an objective, they walk across the entire map to try to help.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 11:15 GMT
#643
Or because it's low elo, the split pusher gets caught over and over because there's no wards in that side of the jungle.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 21 2014 11:24 GMT
#644
On July 21 2014 20:15 Gahlo wrote:
Or because it's low elo, the split pusher gets caught over and over because there's no wards in that side of the jungle.

Most of the time you don't really need wards it is very obvious if they are collapsing or not.Just gotta pick champs like akali/trynd if you split so you can kill people before you die so it's always worth.Splitpushing by far easiest way to win soloq at any elo.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 21 2014 11:28 GMT
#645
Not even low elo. I was doing my plat 1 promo on my smurf earlier as Tryndamere. I'm like 10-2 and am taking their top inhib. Meanwhile, our team's Kassadin gets hooked into their mid tower, so my team decides to dive and their Trist gets a quadra. Like, all you have to do is pressure someone else on the map, not fight and wait for more than one person to come stop the split pusher.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 21 2014 11:40 GMT
#646
On July 21 2014 20:28 GolemMadness wrote:
Not even low elo. I was doing my plat 1 promo on my smurf earlier as Tryndamere. I'm like 10-2 and am taking their top inhib. Meanwhile, our team's Kassadin gets hooked into their mid tower, so my team decides to dive and their Trist gets a quadra. Like, all you have to do is pressure someone else on the map, not fight and wait for more than one person to come stop the split pusher.

Well that means you got their top inhib, right ?
The legend of Darien lives on
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
July 21 2014 11:42 GMT
#647
On July 21 2014 20:40 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 20:28 GolemMadness wrote:
Not even low elo. I was doing my plat 1 promo on my smurf earlier as Tryndamere. I'm like 10-2 and am taking their top inhib. Meanwhile, our team's Kassadin gets hooked into their mid tower, so my team decides to dive and their Trist gets a quadra. Like, all you have to do is pressure someone else on the map, not fight and wait for more than one person to come stop the split pusher.

Well that means you got their top inhib, right ?

Sure, and they get your nexus by just rushing mid 5v0
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 21 2014 11:59 GMT
#648
On July 21 2014 20:40 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 20:28 GolemMadness wrote:
Not even low elo. I was doing my plat 1 promo on my smurf earlier as Tryndamere. I'm like 10-2 and am taking their top inhib. Meanwhile, our team's Kassadin gets hooked into their mid tower, so my team decides to dive and their Trist gets a quadra. Like, all you have to do is pressure someone else on the map, not fight and wait for more than one person to come stop the split pusher.

Well that means you got their top inhib, right ?


Inhib vs team getting 4-0ed and Trist getting all the kills... Not worth.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 21 2014 12:06 GMT
#649
Then again you have to make sure the guy knows what "splitpushing" is. I know one who, whenever he decides we're losing (we're up 5 kills, 1 tower and 2-3 dragons with decent farm on most of us but his shitty Poppy he played for the 6th time is 0-3 2 levels behind? He's done with this game, it's obviously over and uninteresting), just runs up to a random side lane (roll when triggering; doesn't change from the whole game unless that lane's inhib tower gets sieged) and starts pushing until he gets killed. No matter what he plays, no matter the state of the game. Be it jungle Kha'Zix, top or support Nunu, Cassiopeia, even the most awful champions at pushing/taking towers, he'll do it.

You show it to people a bunch will be adamant that he's splitpushing when he's really not and has no idea what he's doing, he's only going where the enemy isn't to play, in his own words, "single player".
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
napo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania622 Posts
July 21 2014 12:16 GMT
#650
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 12:20:36
July 21 2014 12:18 GMT
#651
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.
napo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania622 Posts
July 21 2014 12:22 GMT
#652
Yea, i know the feel :D its like, people give up FB 3 minutes -> "gg their jungler is better once again, this game is over, ff 20"
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 21 2014 13:45 GMT
#653
I played a game a while ago (might be able to dig it up) where the opposing team has a Jax who is 8-2 and simply unstoppable. But instead of teamfighting he chose to splitpush all day while we were winning 5 on 4s and 4 on 4s. In the end we won the game. We never had a gold lead in the entiee duration of the game
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 14:03 GMT
#654
On July 21 2014 21:18 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.

The "I'd rather lose than get carried" mentality is one of the worst parts of soloq. It's like... if somebody is getting camped, can't farm, and feeding like crazy and afks cause his teammates are being dicks, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. But shitters like that... I just don't.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 14:09:59
July 21 2014 14:09 GMT
#655
On July 21 2014 23:03 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 21:18 nafta wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.

The "I'd rather lose than get carried" mentality is one of the worst parts of soloq. It's like... if somebody is getting camped, can't farm, and feeding like crazy and afks cause his teammates are being dicks, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. But shitters like that... I just don't.

I'm always impressed when I get carried like "damn this guy just 1v5-ed the entire enemy team as jungle yi what a monster".

Also I get carried often in soloq, I don't think I've ever seen someone get mad that they're getting carried though that's just bizzarre
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 14:18:44
July 21 2014 14:10 GMT
#656
On July 21 2014 22:45 Sufficiency wrote:
I played a game a while ago (might be able to dig it up) where the opposing team has a Jax who is 8-2 and simply unstoppable. But instead of teamfighting he chose to splitpush all day while we were winning 5 on 4s and 4 on 4s. In the end we won the game. We never had a gold lead in the entiee duration of the game

Maybe you'd have won the 5v5s regardless. Had a game like that where I trashed on whoever their AP top was as Irelia, and they had Syndra, Elise, and something like Nami. And Varus. Until the latter autos got strong enough, they were pretty much only magic damage and a bunch of squishies, I could 1v2 easily, and probably (depending on summoners available for all) get a kill before I died/got out 1v3.

'cept the team did really really retarded plays (as in I pinged and told them not to overstay/fight the ahead guy w/o your ults, I told them I could tp on drake but they stayed behind the pit and wanted to try a steal instead, failed, then scattered in the area when the grouped enemy team was still there and picked several off, etc.) and fed Varus hard. Not as much as me, but enough that my plan of building Locket and destroying the midgame fights before he came online was dashed.
At that point since they put themselves so behind that we couldn't win the 5v5s (even if they were able to win 4v2 while it took 3 to save Varus from me they'd run away from a 4v1) our best bet was to give up my lead by having me splitpush and create pressure so they'd be able to farm (not fight, they'd have managed to fuck up 4v3s even without Varus), then group up again once they weren't useless anymore, hopefully before I fell off.
(That was the point at which they decided to start initiating into the enemy team, and bait me into turning the fight just for them to use that to run away, so we did lose.)

On July 21 2014 23:09 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:03 Gahlo wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:18 nafta wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.

The "I'd rather lose than get carried" mentality is one of the worst parts of soloq. It's like... if somebody is getting camped, can't farm, and feeding like crazy and afks cause his teammates are being dicks, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. But shitters like that... I just don't.

I'm always impressed when I get carried like "damn this guy just 1v5-ed the entire enemy team as jungle yi what a monster".

Also I get carried often in soloq, I don't think I've ever seen someone get mad that they're getting carried though that's just bizzarre

It's not "mad that they're getting carried", more "the team as a whole is miles ahead, but they're doing really badly and if they get called out on it they'll throw a tantrum and disregard the state of the game to afk/ragequit/whatever".
I don't think they even realise that they're getting carried: they're so focused on their own performance that if they're behind then it means they're (including the team) losing.

Had a guy like that, his kda (or rather kd, even) was his only metric. It didn't matter if we were winning every lane after a bad start from him that we helped recover, if he wasn't getting kills he'd whine over skype and be very negative. We would force a 20 minutes surrender and he'd complain because he was 1-4-15 or something on MF, every kill he wouldn't get ('cause, y'know, we got a Veigar sniping people left and right) he'd whine about how he needs the gold to come back.
(He had a really uncanny ability to last hit champions when doing jack shit in teamfights too, like getting a triple kill with 5 autos after spending most of the teamfight trying to hide while we did 90% of people's HP. But at least he was happy afterwards. )
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 14:13 GMT
#657
On July 21 2014 23:09 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:03 Gahlo wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:18 nafta wrote:
On July 21 2014 21:16 napo wrote:
On July 21 2014 19:57 Capped wrote:
I usually just splitpush when i get fed up with my team running around like headless chickens. If they aren't doing anything useful regardless of what you're doing, you might as well be doing something useful.
My thoughts exactly, but then they start to rage and shit goes down and things are even worse than before. This is at plat 4 MMR.

People get mad about everything.Stop caring.

I mean just today I had some tf that almost went afk for god knows what reason when I am tristana with ie/shiv at 15 minutes.

The "I'd rather lose than get carried" mentality is one of the worst parts of soloq. It's like... if somebody is getting camped, can't farm, and feeding like crazy and afks cause his teammates are being dicks, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. But shitters like that... I just don't.

I'm always impressed when I get carried like "damn this guy just 1v5-ed the entire enemy team as jungle yi what a monster".

Also I get carried often in soloq, I don't think I've ever seen someone get mad that they're getting carried though that's just bizzarre

I've had a Lulu go afk because he went 0-3 in lane while the ADC I was getting fed was 8-2.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
July 21 2014 14:18 GMT
#658
On July 21 2014 22:45 Sufficiency wrote:
I played a game a while ago (might be able to dig it up) where the opposing team has a Jax who is 8-2 and simply unstoppable. But instead of teamfighting he chose to splitpush all day while we were winning 5 on 4s and 4 on 4s. In the end we won the game. We never had a gold lead in the entiee duration of the game


this is like 50% of the games i play.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 21 2014 14:25 GMT
#659
I haven't seen a Jax in so long.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 14:37:48
July 21 2014 14:27 GMT
#660
Permabans too strong. I don't even know what he's worth post-nerfs because I haven't been able to pick him (partly because I refuse to do so blind, playing against Singed/Renekton or especially Ryze was already very tense before, getting used to losing so much EHP by starting with these match-ups would be harsh).

I guess I shouldn't mind getting carried because it's part of the game, but when I'm really getting hard-carried it frustrates me more than anything. Sure, we won, but I don't feel like I deserved it (which is egotistical because the other guy(s) sure deserved his/their win).
At times it's just that one guy is so on his game he wins the game before anyone else does anything. It's "hop on the train and enjoy the ride". But when you're getting really bad/playing badly/getting shat on, it's more "you're lying face first in the dirt as the train approches and the driver picks you up and throws you into a wagon without braking".
As mentioned some people only expect to be hard carrying their games and it's ego stuff. I'm more about creating space and setting a tempo than making big plays so I couldn't care less about that. But when I'm really behind the only thing I can think is "I was lucky to have someone on my team better than theirs, because I didn't pull my own weight this game", that feeling of being a burden.

When I fuck up, my jungler comes and saves my sorry ass who was ready to get whipped some more, and ganks three times in succession to get me kills and set me back up, even if I end up dealing 2nd most damage overall and with a 6-1 kd after that and being huge, I'm still disappointed about my play that game because the jungler (and the others who pulled through while he was busy picking me up) definitely carried me more than the reverse in my view, regardless of what happened after.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 443
Hyuk 336
Leta 167
Hyun 85
ZergMaN 14
Hm[arnc] 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 762
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g8704
WinterStarcraft509
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick835
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Rush1479
• Lourlo1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 45m
INu's Battles
5h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 45m
Replay Cast
16h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.