• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7915 users

[Patch 3.14] PreSeason 4 General Discussion - Page 86

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 211 Next
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
November 28 2013 05:26 GMT
#1701
On November 28 2013 13:44 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 13:12 SoulSever wrote:
On November 28 2013 13:06 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On November 28 2013 13:00 SoulSever wrote:
Are there any runes that are good aside from the optimal ones? Surely on an adc, something like crit dmg reds and quints could be worth a lesser early game especially considering how long it takes to get to a late game builds now

Crit damage runes are terrible, don't do it mang.

I'm personally partial to ArPen, though it makes last hitting a bitch (better midgame onwards damage). Very useful if you rely on skills (like Graves/Varus) for a good portion of your damage, for instance. Go Legolas build to amplify the effects of the ArPen.

Besides that...gp10 yellows, scaling MR blues, AP or AP/lvl blues, Hybrid Pen runes.


I'm really not the person to do the math for crit dmg so I'll take your word for it but ketara jump in anytime.

I have all those runes you mentioned but find it hard to think of when to use certain ones. I'm quite partial to the idea of "cheese" with runes because I like risk/reward. LoLpro makes it hard to really catch anyone off guard though

Crit damage runes are like the strongest late game dps runes in game if you happen to be get free crit like Tryn or get 2 phantom dancers.

Proof: 1+3=targon's op=>crit damage op

Actual proof?
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/varus/?items=60,89,33,73,83,89&runes=45,45,45,45,45,45,45,45,45&level=18&fspells=true

Otherwise crit chance is better all game.

Armor penetration is better than both, though. Furthermore, if you get IE the value of crit dmg runes is greatly diminished.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
November 28 2013 05:27 GMT
#1702
On November 28 2013 07:35 Alaric wrote:
I knew Vlad was a stupid, dumb champion. I used the free week to play him. It's just... how is it even rewarding to play him? At most you do some kiting and try to stall for cooldowns before they're basically 2-3s each, but you can do so much simply by mindlessly facerolling.
I'll never reconcile with that pile of dong.


wtf Vlad is so satisfying to play. You can outplay people so hard once you have Hourglass, it's not even funny. Cooldowns are short but that's what makes him fun, you aren't just a fire and forget champ like most mages, have to be in a constantly good position do damage.

"Do some kiting and try to stall for cooldowns" describes essentially 100% of AP carries, excepting Karthus I guess.
I am the Town Medic.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 28 2013 05:33 GMT
#1703
The +100 mspeed thing for 3 seconds most of the time won't translate to 300 distance units, with the soft speed cap it will be something like 250-150 probably
Skarner is such a bad champ I hope his rework makes it worth picking him
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
November 28 2013 05:37 GMT
#1704
When is that samurai dude supposed to be released by the way? I need to save 10k IP for him
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
November 28 2013 05:59 GMT
#1705
On November 28 2013 14:20 iCanada wrote:
Am I just old, or does every game take three hours now?

<_<

It was one thing being grumpy about the changes because i thought they were stupid, but it is quite another just not bveing able to justify playing a game because it will be atleast 50 minutes.

I was having this issue in all for one, but went back to normal and it has been shorter... although probably still longer than before. It seems a lot harder to close out with less gold gap and no global minion buff when you kill an inhib.
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 06:17:44
November 28 2013 06:17 GMT
#1706
Hmm, I used to like CDR/level blues when I was sub-30, although CDR itemization is totally different now than it was back then. I think part of it was that combined with with CDR/lv mastery in the s2 defense tree and the 4% in offense, it came out to 20% CDR for free at level 18? Hard to recall, but I could see them being potentially useful today (although not more useful than MR) if you really want to maximize AP in your items or something to that effect.
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
November 28 2013 06:24 GMT
#1707
On November 28 2013 14:59 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 14:20 iCanada wrote:
Am I just old, or does every game take three hours now?

<_<

It was one thing being grumpy about the changes because i thought they were stupid, but it is quite another just not bveing able to justify playing a game because it will be atleast 50 minutes.

I was having this issue in all for one, but went back to normal and it has been shorter... although probably still longer than before. It seems a lot harder to close out with less gold gap and no global minion buff when you kill an inhib.


Ya i think the inhib global minion nerf has sort of made thr players who dont know what to do post 30mins even wooooorserer.

I think my pings per minute has tripled this patch.
Forever ZeNEX.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
November 28 2013 06:44 GMT
#1708
On November 28 2013 15:24 TyrantPotato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 14:59 TheRabidDeer wrote:
On November 28 2013 14:20 iCanada wrote:
Am I just old, or does every game take three hours now?

<_<

It was one thing being grumpy about the changes because i thought they were stupid, but it is quite another just not bveing able to justify playing a game because it will be atleast 50 minutes.

I was having this issue in all for one, but went back to normal and it has been shorter... although probably still longer than before. It seems a lot harder to close out with less gold gap and no global minion buff when you kill an inhib.


Ya i think the inhib global minion nerf has sort of made thr players who dont know what to do post 30mins even wooooorserer.

I think my pings per minute has tripled this patch.

To be fair, it does get easy to throw games that late.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 09:15:53
November 28 2013 09:00 GMT
#1709
I wish I could spectate while in queue. Riot get on that!

I must be just picking the worse time of the day to play. Goddamn AU server why u no have Dominion!
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
November 28 2013 09:33 GMT
#1710
On November 28 2013 18:00 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I wish I could spectate while in queue. Riot get on that!

I must be just picking the worse time of the day to play. Goddamn AU server why u no have Dominion!


Do you only play dominion?

Queue times on OCE really aren't that bad...

...

...

...

At least in bronze they aren't.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 10:04:49
November 28 2013 09:52 GMT
#1711
I've noticed that I can't ping very accurately in LoL. Like I will try to ping and will fail horribly issuing a different ping. I didn't always have this problem. Feel like it's a game issue.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 11:30:17
November 28 2013 10:04 GMT
#1712
On November 28 2013 14:27 Alzadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 07:35 Alaric wrote:
I knew Vlad was a stupid, dumb champion. I used the free week to play him. It's just... how is it even rewarding to play him? At most you do some kiting and try to stall for cooldowns before they're basically 2-3s each, but you can do so much simply by mindlessly facerolling.
I'll never reconcile with that pile of dong.


wtf Vlad is so satisfying to play. You can outplay people so hard once you have Hourglass, it's not even funny. Cooldowns are short but that's what makes him fun, you aren't just a fire and forget champ like most mages, have to be in a constantly good position do damage.

"Do some kiting and try to stall for cooldowns" describes essentially 100% of AP carries, excepting Karthus I guess.

It isn't satisfying to play at all to me, it felt the same as with Lux (alhough Lux has a harder (as in "requiring more tought", I know Vlad early levels can be brutal in some match-ups) laning before chalice) : spam all your shit all the time, it won't even go wrong (as long as you ward). Lux reaches that same state when you have enough mp5 to sustain spamming skills, during sieges you can just EQ off cd and if you hit a squishy you blow your ult and get a kill or force a recall. It's mindless, not the best course of action, but it yields good enough returns that you can resort to it.

I messed up, going too aggressive, and it wouldn't matter because I'd go to full in 2 waves, harass people under tower and had I had more balls I'd have gotten 3 kills by diving (let her run away and recall instead). I was even running ArPen marks and MS quints because I don't have an AP page on that account. I could tell when I had a wrong pool timing or failed to keep the fight near enemy minions or juke into bushes, but apart from that I'd just rush in E range of the enemy laner and spam E and Q off cooldown without ever feeling wrong for it.
Sure, if I just wanted to truck someone and splitpush I'd feel great, I guess. But it didn't feel challenging at all to pick him up (before yesterday's games I had played Vlad one or twice, something like a year ago).

On November 28 2013 15:24 TyrantPotato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 14:59 TheRabidDeer wrote:
On November 28 2013 14:20 iCanada wrote:
Am I just old, or does every game take three hours now?

<_<

It was one thing being grumpy about the changes because i thought they were stupid, but it is quite another just not bveing able to justify playing a game because it will be atleast 50 minutes.

I was having this issue in all for one, but went back to normal and it has been shorter... although probably still longer than before. It seems a lot harder to close out with less gold gap and no global minion buff when you kill an inhib.


Ya i think the inhib global minion nerf has sort of made thr players who dont know what to do post 30mins even wooooorserer.

I think my pings per minute has tripled this patch.

Even voice chat isn't enough when people don't listen to you. ;_;
You tell them thrice "only their top outer is left, let's send 4 there, one defends mid" and while the wave was equal the first two, they only go the third because Singed is under our tower. Botched kill attempt, he still dies, and as warned the other 4 go mid, so I say "outer is dead, I go back to clear, you 4 kill the top tower then join me".
2 of them try to recall with me without pushing the wave, so I say "whatever let's kill top, inner's boned too now", but another one then recalls as we reach the tower, then 2 of them suicide one by one under our inhib tower, while Shen keeps splitting top and doesn't ult, but backs before reaching the tower. We end up losing 3 towers, one inhib and 3 people (and not catching them because EUW said "fuck you you're not allowed to cast this spell for the next 2 seconds").
It's still not as frustrating as the people who ask you questions regarding item/skill builds, what to do, etc. and proceed to ignore your answers 30s later. Y U ASK THEN
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
November 28 2013 11:02 GMT
#1713
--- Nuked ---
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
November 28 2013 11:13 GMT
#1714
i think there are much worse champs in the game than vlad.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 11:24:21
November 28 2013 11:21 GMT
#1715
I think that Vlad's fun to play as. Requires constant awareness and has plenty of ability for outplaying opponents, which is the most important thing for being fun to play(The other being low cooldowns). I also find farming / pushing type of gameplay fun.

Vlad's also fun to lane against because it's a freewin and a complete stomp. I think the last 2 vlads gave first blood at lvl 2.

On November 28 2013 18:52 obesechicken13 wrote:
I've noticed that I can't ping very accurately in LoL. Like I will try to ping and will fail horribly issuing a different ping. I didn't always have this problem. Feel like it's a game issue.

I haven't issued a wrong ping recently and have noticed nothing different. I think it's your mistake.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
November 28 2013 11:46 GMT
#1716
On November 28 2013 20:21 Shikyo wrote:
I think that Vlad's fun to play as. Requires constant awareness and has plenty of ability for outplaying opponents, which is the most important thing for being fun to play(The other being low cooldowns). I also find farming / pushing type of gameplay fun.

Vlad's also fun to lane against because it's a freewin and a complete stomp. I think the last 2 vlads gave first blood at lvl 2.

Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 18:52 obesechicken13 wrote:
I've noticed that I can't ping very accurately in LoL. Like I will try to ping and will fail horribly issuing a different ping. I didn't always have this problem. Feel like it's a game issue.

I haven't issued a wrong ping recently and have noticed nothing different. I think it's your mistake.

I think maybe I just need to hold down the ping button for one second before dragging. I can consistently get pings to work properly if I wait for the tooltip to show up. But otherwise the mouse sometimes moves to a random corner. What's weird is that the mouse is otherwise decently accurate.

Anyways, problem solved.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
November 28 2013 11:51 GMT
#1717
On November 28 2013 20:46 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 20:21 Shikyo wrote:
I think that Vlad's fun to play as. Requires constant awareness and has plenty of ability for outplaying opponents, which is the most important thing for being fun to play(The other being low cooldowns). I also find farming / pushing type of gameplay fun.

Vlad's also fun to lane against because it's a freewin and a complete stomp. I think the last 2 vlads gave first blood at lvl 2.

On November 28 2013 18:52 obesechicken13 wrote:
I've noticed that I can't ping very accurately in LoL. Like I will try to ping and will fail horribly issuing a different ping. I didn't always have this problem. Feel like it's a game issue.

I haven't issued a wrong ping recently and have noticed nothing different. I think it's your mistake.

I think maybe I just need to hold down the ping button for one second before dragging. I can consistently get pings to work properly if I wait for the tooltip to show up. But otherwise the mouse sometimes moves to a random corner. What's weird is that the mouse is otherwise decently accurate.

Anyways, problem solved.

I just move the mouse really fast while tapping alt quickly and it works o.O There shouldn't be any need to wait for that. Maybe it's your mouse or something?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 28 2013 12:40 GMT
#1718
There is a known bug with the pings where it miscalculates your mouse distance from the ping spot by a couple thousand magnitudes, which makes it go offscreen and generally be a bitch. Restarting client works for me.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
November 28 2013 14:24 GMT
#1719
On November 28 2013 20:02 krndandaman wrote:
I agree. vlad is a badly designed champ imo. not fun to play against, not fun to play

speak for yourself, vlad is my favourite champ
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 28 2013 16:02 GMT
#1720
I think vlad is pretty hard to play in teamfight. In teamfight it is more than just qeeqeqeqeqe.... you need to know how much damage you can deal and how much you can take... plus pooling effectively.

I remember watching reapered playing vlad on stream... his decision making was mind blowing.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 213
Nina 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14898
Rain 2126
Dewaltoss 46
NaDa 35
Bale 31
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
taco 651
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1369
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3135
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft329
ArmadaUGS227
C9.Mang0204
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo698
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 7m
OSC
10h 7m
Stellar Fest
10h 7m
OSC
21h 7m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.