• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7635 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 296

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 294 295 296 297 298 331 Next
No more bad posting
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 04:59:58
August 19 2013 04:47 GMT
#5901
Did anybody ever translate the Flash/Madlife article?

For a while, I never understood how pro supports got away with the sightstone/philo wards wards wards build. I started doing it today in soloq and holy hell. It's incredible how much better your shitty team gets when you give them less chances to fuck up.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
August 19 2013 05:08 GMT
#5902
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.
Forever Young
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
August 19 2013 05:14 GMT
#5903
On August 19 2013 13:47 Gahlo wrote:
Did anybody ever translate the Flash/Madlife article?

For a while, I never understood how pro supports got away with the sightstone/philo wards wards wards build. I started doing it today in soloq and holy hell. It's incredible how much better your shitty team gets when you give them less chances to fuck up.


Yeah, I did the same and now in soloQ with sona, I just stop at sighstone boots and chalice. The rest goes into more wards, pinks and oracles. Funny how it becomes easy to catch ppl.

Also works great for blitz, as vision is instrumental in getting a god grab
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
August 19 2013 05:15 GMT
#5904
On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.


Shen? or too obvious and you already play him
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Shiznick
Profile Joined December 2008
United States2200 Posts
August 19 2013 05:16 GMT
#5905
On August 19 2013 13:47 Gahlo wrote:
Did anybody ever translate the Flash/Madlife article?

For a while, I never understood how pro supports got away with the sightstone/philo wards wards wards build. I started doing it today in soloq and holy hell. It's incredible how much better your shitty team gets when you give them less chances to fuck up.

someone on 4chan's /vg/ translated the article, you can probably find it with the foolz archive search.
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 05:23:39
August 19 2013 05:20 GMT
#5906
On August 19 2013 12:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
lee is always worth a first ban

which brings us back yet again to the original topic

people think lee sucks cause i dont know why, lee overpowered always and forever


He doesn't suck, there are just better picks than him for jungling imo. J4+Zac purty good and are always useful. Two of the longest engages in the game, and can build straight tank while putting out solid damage. Always feels like Lee can't build tanky without ceding damage consistency.

I will say that a lee sin that can make shit happen within the first 10 minutes is fucking terror. Whether he gets all the kills or his laners do, he snowballs lanes so hard.

On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.


Renekton. Guy is one of the best divers in the entire game. If you want someone who becomes tanky with more damage, Irelia is still good for that.
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 19 2013 05:21 GMT
#5907
On August 19 2013 14:14 Anakko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 13:47 Gahlo wrote:
Did anybody ever translate the Flash/Madlife article?

For a while, I never understood how pro supports got away with the sightstone/philo wards wards wards build. I started doing it today in soloq and holy hell. It's incredible how much better your shitty team gets when you give them less chances to fuck up.


Yeah, I did the same and now in soloQ with sona, I just stop at sighstone boots and chalice. The rest goes into more wards, pinks and oracles. Funny how it becomes easy to catch ppl.

Also works great for blitz, as vision is instrumental in getting a god grab

Chalice on Sona?!

You're so rich!
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 05:26:30
August 19 2013 05:23 GMT
#5908
On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.


I never see anyone ban Malph. Even two-three months ago he was rarely banned, it's been a really long time since he's been a priority ban (probably back to season 2 tbh). Nasus really doesn't lose many lanes outright now, most of the champions he had problems with have been nerfed to the extent it's not suicide to play him anymore. It's more about figuring out when to leave your lane and projecting your power as top dog.

I'd add Renekton, Darius, Jax and a few others worth considering are Trundle and Cho'gath, possibly Mundo. Oh and Singed. But I try to forget that ahole exists.
swim224
Profile Joined May 2010
Botswana368 Posts
August 19 2013 05:31 GMT
#5909
On August 19 2013 13:47 Gahlo wrote:
Did anybody ever translate the Flash/Madlife article?

For a while, I never understood how pro supports got away with the sightstone/philo wards wards wards build. I started doing it today in soloq and holy hell. It's incredible how much better your shitty team gets when you give them less chances to fuck up.

Here's flash's http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426074
....unless Taeja suddenly parachutes into the studio with explosions behind him and lands on a skateboard which he jumps over the booth before jumping in. If that happened it would be so sweet it would be physically impossible for them to lose. - Haydin
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
August 19 2013 05:46 GMT
#5910
On August 19 2013 14:15 Louuster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.


Shen? or too obvious and you already play him


That and at my level he's auto-banned generally too.

Totally forgot about Renekton/Trundle. I've seen Trundle get shut down so hard in lane and once they get a BoTRK or Hydra, they can 1v1 anybody (fed or not).

I refuse to buy/play Singed no matter what.
Forever Young
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 05:58:04
August 19 2013 05:48 GMT
#5911
On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.

Kennen is tanky-ish, or can be.

In regards to support items, I usually try to stack as much HP as possible, as to just resist residual burst. Sightstone + kindlegem are usually my go-to support items.
liftlift > tsm
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
August 19 2013 06:12 GMT
#5912
On August 19 2013 14:08 sung_moon wrote:
Off the top of my head besides Malph/Nasus/Zac, what tanky top should I get? Maybe play Olaf again once he's buffed?

Malph/Zac are like auto-banned nowadays and Nasus can get shat in lane too easily. I feel like so many Ranked games I could of won if I just had someone on our team who was tanky and/or initiator. Silver people just want to build deeps.


Theres always Swain if you want to shit on some melee champions, Galio (who am I kidding no one plays Galio anymore), Singed or maybe even Irelia.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
August 19 2013 06:35 GMT
#5913
I'm curious as to who out there actually switches up their support builds depending on character.

On backline supports I always go sightstone/lucky pick/cdr boots/morello's. Lulu also gets a philo's.
Frontline supports are almost universally sightstone/mobility boots/locket.
Sona and Zyra are my exceptions to backline supports. Sona gets philos/sightstone/mobility boots into mikaels or shurelias since she doesn't really need CDR anymore. Zyra I do the whole mpen package of guise + sorcs + void staff.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 19 2013 06:50 GMT
#5914
On August 19 2013 15:35 TheLink wrote:
I'm curious as to who out there actually switches up their support builds depending on character.

On backline supports I always go sightstone/lucky pick/cdr boots/morello's. Lulu also gets a philo's.
Frontline supports are almost universally sightstone/mobility boots/locket.
Sona and Zyra are my exceptions to backline supports. Sona gets philos/sightstone/mobility boots into mikaels or shurelias since she doesn't really need CDR anymore. Zyra I do the whole mpen package of guise + sorcs + void staff.

it depends a lot on the game and how much gold is flowing in.
some games all i am is an oracle bot with sightstone and pinks.
other games i got sightstone, locket, crucible, etc etc.
also depends how useful you are with cdr, if you got tons of strong cc with medium-ish cooldown, i always build tons of health+cdr, so stuff like fiddle, thresh, lux (you can get away with ap as well, but as support i prefer the hp+cdr on her).
liftlift > tsm
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
August 19 2013 06:57 GMT
#5915
On August 18 2013 06:41 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 06:35 NeoIllusions wrote:
On August 18 2013 06:34 Alaric wrote:
Sejuani?

Nocturne.

I'm so bad at Noc it's not even funny.


Me too. Always leeroy jenkins, never not leeroy jenkins.

On August 18 2013 13:23 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 11:54 Gahlo wrote:
Are people still talking about fish puns? My stamp on TLGD is complete.

We did it together, friend

*shakes hand*


Some of TL LoL's finest moments.

I wanna give a shoutout to ketchup for posting the picks/bans in recent LR threads. I know it doesn't affect most of you but it is really really fucking awesome for me.

Riot has slowed down on creating new champs, but at what point do they stop? Or do they just not stop?
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Aldrovandi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States211 Posts
August 19 2013 07:05 GMT
#5916
On August 19 2013 15:35 TheLink wrote:
I'm curious as to who out there actually switches up their support builds depending on character.

On backline supports I always go sightstone/lucky pick/cdr boots/morello's. Lulu also gets a philo's.
Frontline supports are almost universally sightstone/mobility boots/locket.
Sona and Zyra are my exceptions to backline supports. Sona gets philos/sightstone/mobility boots into mikaels or shurelias since she doesn't really need CDR anymore. Zyra I do the whole mpen package of guise + sorcs + void staff.


I do it less on character and more on team comp and how the game seems to be going - if the team comps are such that we need a better way to initiate or the enemy has a weak initiate, I'll get Shurelya's as my first big purchase. If we're getting into long skirmishes and I'm running low on mana, I'll get kindlegem followed by chalice. At that point I then have the option to finish either Shurelya's or Mikael's depending on how the game is going. Mostly though I've been aiming to get at least one ruby crystal pretty much every time I back throughout lane phase, the health+whatever else feels really nice as a squishy support.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 19 2013 07:11 GMT
#5917
Honestly I don't think Riot will ever stop making champions. I say this because I figure that champions are one of their primary sources of revenue. Personally I would like them to stop making champions and focus on other things (Like possibly new maps) but I don't think that'll ever happen.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
August 19 2013 07:16 GMT
#5918
Riots already made 3 more maps then dota's ever had.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 19 2013 07:20 GMT
#5919
I guess my point was that I'd rather them stop making new champions and use their resources somewhere else. (Such as Reeeeeeeeeally fine tuning the game/Replay mode/new game modes)

Though I guess one could argue that they already do this anyways.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 19 2013 07:24 GMT
#5920
Sometimes, nothing is better after your team getting roflstomped than the opponents telling you you did a good job and kept your team in the game.
Prev 1 294 295 296 297 298 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.