• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:13
CEST 04:13
KST 11:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9043 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 298

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 331 Next
No more bad posting
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
August 19 2013 10:49 GMT
#5941
Don't ward tri-brush, ward the brush behind red buff instead. So many people shit their vision wards into tri-brush for control and it means literally nothing.
hi
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
August 19 2013 10:51 GMT
#5942
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
August 19 2013 11:03 GMT
#5943
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 11:05:00
August 19 2013 11:04 GMT
#5944
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.
The legend of Darien lives on
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
August 19 2013 11:07 GMT
#5945
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.

But this doesn't factor in all the people who don't play ranked at all which is probably a significant amount.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
August 19 2013 11:11 GMT
#5946
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 11:13:20
August 19 2013 11:12 GMT
#5947
double, sorry
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
August 19 2013 11:13 GMT
#5948
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

He also said Plat 1 is the top 0.5% though.

On August 19 2013 20:07 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.

But this doesn't factor in all the people who don't play ranked at all which is probably a significant amount.



Only if you consider unranked people to be below bronze. In reality their skill levels are probably more of a bell curve, much like the ranked one. In that case it would only really matter for the challenger percentile, seeing as that's a fixed number of players.

I'm currently in my placements (and judging from my skill elvel compared to friends I play with, I'm probably around low silver), and I'm now playing with worse players than I was when leveling this 'smurf'.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 19 2013 11:17 GMT
#5949
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.
The legend of Darien lives on
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
August 19 2013 11:19 GMT
#5950
On August 19 2013 20:13 Mikau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

He also said Plat 1 is the top 0.5% though.

Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:07 Itsmedudeman wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.

But this doesn't factor in all the people who don't play ranked at all which is probably a significant amount.



Only if you consider unranked people to be below bronze. In reality their skill levels are probably more of a bell curve, much like the ranked one. In that case it would only really matter for the challenger percentile, seeing as that's a fixed number of players.

I'm currently in my placements (and judging from my skill elvel compared to friends I play with, I'm probably around low silver), and I'm now playing with worse players than I was when leveling this 'smurf'.

I don't think it'd be too far of a fetch to assume that most unranked players are generally going to be on the lower end of the bell curve. I rarely ever see "unranked" players in my normals who are at platinum or above skill level.

It's funny cause meteos said he had to start playing ranked once his normal matchmaking queue times began to be 20+ minutes long. Faker also said he couldn't find any games in normals so he was "forced" to play ranked.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 11:22:42
August 19 2013 11:21 GMT
#5951
On August 19 2013 20:13 Mikau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

He also said Plat 1 is the top 0.5% though.

Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:07 Itsmedudeman wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.

But this doesn't factor in all the people who don't play ranked at all which is probably a significant amount.



Only if you consider unranked people to be below bronze. In reality their skill levels are probably more of a bell curve, much like the ranked one. In that case it would only really matter for the challenger percentile, seeing as that's a fixed number of players.

I'm currently in my placements (and judging from my skill elvel compared to friends I play with, I'm probably around low silver), and I'm now playing with worse players than I was when leveling this 'smurf'.


I think that normals skill level is lower on average than that of the ranked ladders(due to less tryharding, more learning, less incentive and other draft related factors). I would imagine that it's a bell curve with a peak somewhere around 2-300 MMR(~3-4 divisions) lower than ranked. But a lot of the friends I have never touch ranked games apart from when end of season rewards are rolled out, in which case I have to carry them to gold or whatever.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
August 19 2013 11:22 GMT
#5952
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.
hi
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
August 19 2013 11:28 GMT
#5953
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.


Seems like Diamond I is less exclusive than RIOT intended

There are fewer players in Diamond II than Diamond I... Guess those Diamond II players can feel special.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
August 19 2013 11:28 GMT
#5954
On August 19 2013 20:22 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.

And then there's the akward moment when their botlane colapse on you because they saw you going there and your adc does nothing.
I mean obviously deep wards are better than river wards, but there's a lot of risk involved in going so deep into enemy territory, especially at the beggining of the game.
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 19 2013 11:33 GMT
#5955
On August 19 2013 20:28 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.


Seems like Diamond I is less exclusive than RIOT intended

There are fewer players in Diamond II than Diamond I... Guess those Diamond II players can feel special.

Tbh you're either D5 0 points or D1 when you're in Diamond.

There's nothing inbetween.
The legend of Darien lives on
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
August 19 2013 11:34 GMT
#5956
On August 19 2013 20:28 SagaZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:22 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.

And then there's the akward moment when their botlane colapse on you because they saw you going there and your adc does nothing.
I mean obviously deep wards are better than river wards, but there's a lot of risk involved in going so deep into enemy territory, especially at the beggining of the game.



There is no risk, warding your own jungle, brother.
hi
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
August 19 2013 11:41 GMT
#5957
On August 19 2013 20:33 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:28 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.


Seems like Diamond I is less exclusive than RIOT intended

There are fewer players in Diamond II than Diamond I... Guess those Diamond II players can feel special.

Tbh you're either D5 0 points or D1 when you're in Diamond.

There's nothing inbetween.


Seems like something similar goes for all leagues. A lot more in V than in the rest of the divisions, and fewest in II with I, III and IV being about equal.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
August 19 2013 12:02 GMT
#5958
On August 19 2013 20:34 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:28 SagaZ wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:22 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.

And then there's the akward moment when their botlane colapse on you because they saw you going there and your adc does nothing.
I mean obviously deep wards are better than river wards, but there's a lot of risk involved in going so deep into enemy territory, especially at the beggining of the game.



There is no risk, warding your own jungle, brother.

My bad, missunderstood
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
August 19 2013 12:04 GMT
#5959
On August 19 2013 21:02 SagaZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 20:34 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:28 SagaZ wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:22 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:26 Simberto wrote:
Considering it's ~ top 0.5% of the ranked population, i guess one could call it that.



Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.

And then there's the akward moment when their botlane colapse on you because they saw you going there and your adc does nothing.
I mean obviously deep wards are better than river wards, but there's a lot of risk involved in going so deep into enemy territory, especially at the beggining of the game.



There is no risk, warding your own jungle, brother.

My bad, missunderstood

This quote chain is getting ridiculous.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
August 19 2013 12:05 GMT
#5960
On August 19 2013 21:04 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2013 21:02 SagaZ wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:34 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:28 SagaZ wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:22 Sponkz wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:17 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:11 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 19 2013 20:03 Mikau wrote:
On August 19 2013 17:57 Sponkz wrote:
[quote]


Holy fack, i thought top 0,5% was diamond 1 or above. Turns out it's a mere 0,0125% who's diamond 1 LOL.

Where are you getting these numbers? I'm kinda curious where my friends and I stand in terms of the rest of the LoL playerbase (us ranging from bronze to gold)

http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw

Dunno who's spouting this bullshit. Diamond is already more than 1% of the playerbase.


He said Diamond I, not simply all Diamond players. If 1.2% of all players are Diamond V or higher, its reasonable that less than 0,1% is Diamond I or higher.

Diamond I is ~0.25% according to the graph. Not 0.0125%...

I'm Diamond I and I'm terrible as fuck lol, It's a pretty big group.



Yeah, i was just crunching some numbers, i didn't have the much needed data that you have provided Still 0,25% is pretty lulzy.


Wasn't me who said 0,5% was plat 1 or higher ^^

On August 19 2013 19:51 Simberto wrote:
Yeah, but that has the same problem as warding mid. I just can't walk there and leave my adc alone in lane for 30+ seconds.



It shouldn't take you that long, perhaps 10-15 seconds at max.

And then there's the akward moment when their botlane colapse on you because they saw you going there and your adc does nothing.
I mean obviously deep wards are better than river wards, but there's a lot of risk involved in going so deep into enemy territory, especially at the beggining of the game.



There is no risk, warding your own jungle, brother.

My bad, missunderstood

This quote chain is getting ridiculous.

I think it can only get better
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1317
Leta 716
Bale 81
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick662
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1129
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 48m
Patches Events
12h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.