• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:15
CEST 14:15
KST 21:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9001 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 235

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 233 234 235 236 237 331 Next
No more bad posting
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
August 13 2013 11:50 GMT
#4681
On August 13 2013 20:33 JonGalt wrote:
@Whoever was talking about Shyv lvl 2 all in:

EQ = 358 + 8% max opponent hp
WQ = 453

Both assume 4 autos. However, you have to consider that WQ assumes they stood in your burnout for the full duration of 7 seconds.

I want Shyv to see more play.

Yeah if you all in at level 2 and stand next to them for 7 seconds and only get 4 attacks WQ does more damage, but considering you can flame breath -> auto Q auto and back off means you'll win pretty much every single trade that way. EQ is just better overall for all purposes. not to mention maxing flame breath is a better play than maxing W at least for laning.
RavenLoud
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1100 Posts
August 13 2013 11:57 GMT
#4682
On August 13 2013 18:50 chinstrap wrote:
Since I basically always play Darius I just ban kayle + kennen then ask my team what they want last, I would default to zac or elise last. Then I just faceroll top since they can't do shit about it and splitpush all day.

I honestly think the game is in a pretty decent spot in solo que in that there are no complete MUST bans.

Until you get a Lissandra top someday

Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 13 2013 12:01 GMT
#4683
On August 13 2013 20:57 RavenLoud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:50 chinstrap wrote:
Since I basically always play Darius I just ban kayle + kennen then ask my team what they want last, I would default to zac or elise last. Then I just faceroll top since they can't do shit about it and splitpush all day.

I honestly think the game is in a pretty decent spot in solo que in that there are no complete MUST bans.

Until you get a Lissandra top someday


Obviously Darius has counters just like the rest of the toplaners, and the rest is all about their junglers.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
August 13 2013 12:05 GMT
#4684
On August 13 2013 20:57 RavenLoud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:50 chinstrap wrote:
Since I basically always play Darius I just ban kayle + kennen then ask my team what they want last, I would default to zac or elise last. Then I just faceroll top since they can't do shit about it and splitpush all day.

I honestly think the game is in a pretty decent spot in solo que in that there are no complete MUST bans.

Until you get a Lissandra top someday



What is the range on Liss q compared to hook / Darius Q?

It's a lane I've never played tbh, I dont think it would be as bad as you think though.
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
August 13 2013 12:08 GMT
#4685
Is Nunu support still good? Is he just not picked as support because he's such an asshole in the jungle?
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 12:10:48
August 13 2013 12:09 GMT
#4686
i used to play darius a lot, the hardest couter to him i ever met is sunfire rushing elise, others like jayce, teemo etc are easily beatable (not sure about kennen he wasnt that popular back when i spammed games with him)
NpG)Explosive
Profile Joined January 2003
France994 Posts
August 13 2013 12:16 GMT
#4687
On August 13 2013 21:08 Don_Julio wrote:
Is Nunu support still good? Is he just not picked as support because he's such an asshole in the jungle?


He's not picked as a support because he doesn't do enough as a support anymore. Ice blast's slow went from 4 seconds to 3 and all aspects of bloodboil were nerfed (duration/as buff/ms buff). I've tried it a few times in season 3 and it feels really underwhelming compared to season 2.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
August 13 2013 12:21 GMT
#4688
On August 13 2013 20:50 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 20:33 JonGalt wrote:
@Whoever was talking about Shyv lvl 2 all in:

EQ = 358 + 8% max opponent hp
WQ = 453

Both assume 4 autos. However, you have to consider that WQ assumes they stood in your burnout for the full duration of 7 seconds.

I want Shyv to see more play.

Yeah if you all in at level 2 and stand next to them for 7 seconds and only get 4 attacks WQ does more damage, but considering you can flame breath -> auto Q auto and back off means you'll win pretty much every single trade that way. EQ is just better overall for all purposes. not to mention maxing flame breath is a better play than maxing W at least for laning.


I have to agree, especially since E goes through enemies. W isn't your only way to push the lane, your range harass and farming is better too. I hope someone busts her out this week in LCS. Or Worlds.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 12:33:49
August 13 2013 12:23 GMT
#4689
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.
The legend of Darien lives on
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
August 13 2013 12:40 GMT
#4690
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
August 13 2013 12:50 GMT
#4691
On August 13 2013 21:21 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 20:50 PrinceXizor wrote:
On August 13 2013 20:33 JonGalt wrote:
@Whoever was talking about Shyv lvl 2 all in:

EQ = 358 + 8% max opponent hp
WQ = 453

Both assume 4 autos. However, you have to consider that WQ assumes they stood in your burnout for the full duration of 7 seconds.

I want Shyv to see more play.

Yeah if you all in at level 2 and stand next to them for 7 seconds and only get 4 attacks WQ does more damage, but considering you can flame breath -> auto Q auto and back off means you'll win pretty much every single trade that way. EQ is just better overall for all purposes. not to mention maxing flame breath is a better play than maxing W at least for laning.


I have to agree, especially since E goes through enemies. W isn't your only way to push the lane, your range harass and farming is better too. I hope someone busts her out this week in LCS. Or Worlds.

it was actually still best even when E didn't pierce enemies. the flat damage boost on autos was absolutely disgusting in trades. an extra 14-44 magic damage per auto made you pretty much unstoppable in any short exchange. the same E auto Q auto did much more damage (like at level 5, where you could deal 400 magic damage and 300 physical damage in 2 seconds.) but i guess now its better at killing tanks? i dunno the % health thing made shyvana worse to me, except at clearing camps, but i never played her in the jungle anyways.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 12:50:49
August 13 2013 12:50 GMT
#4692
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 13 2013 13:04 GMT
#4693
On August 13 2013 21:50 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p

Wait wat.
Darius is the best lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, lvl8, lvl9, lvl10 and so on and so forth of all fucking melee characters.

He's a melee with no gap-closer and no escape ofc he's bound to have stg else.
The legend of Darien lives on
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
August 13 2013 13:07 GMT
#4694
On August 13 2013 22:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 21:50 Osmoses wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p

Wait wat.
Darius is the best lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, lvl8, lvl9, lvl10 and so on and so forth of all fucking melee characters.

He's a melee with no gap-closer and no escape ofc he's bound to have stg else.

Well he has somewhat of a gapcloser. I would consider his pull something that closes a gap
Platinum Support GOD
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 13 2013 13:08 GMT
#4695
On August 13 2013 22:07 MattBarry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 22:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:50 Osmoses wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p

Wait wat.
Darius is the best lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, lvl8, lvl9, lvl10 and so on and so forth of all fucking melee characters.

He's a melee with no gap-closer and no escape ofc he's bound to have stg else.

Well he has somewhat of a gapcloser. I would consider his pull something that closes a gap

Still, it has a crazy long CD, is a skillshot, and has a very short range. He won't catch a ranged hero with that.
The legend of Darien lives on
RavenLoud
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1100 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 13:16:11
August 13 2013 13:11 GMT
#4696
On August 13 2013 21:05 chinstrap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 20:57 RavenLoud wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:50 chinstrap wrote:
Since I basically always play Darius I just ban kayle + kennen then ask my team what they want last, I would default to zac or elise last. Then I just faceroll top since they can't do shit about it and splitpush all day.

I honestly think the game is in a pretty decent spot in solo que in that there are no complete MUST bans.

Until you get a Lissandra top someday



What is the range on Liss q compared to hook / Darius Q?

It's a lane I've never played tbh, I dont think it would be as bad as you think though.

Liss Q range isn't the biggest issue, it's more because she can disengage so well with W>E if you pull her. You basically can't touch her or escape from her while taking ranged harass if you want minions.

EDIT: And her Q range is 725 compared to Darius' pull at 540. Her cc and escapes are spot on counters to Darius' weaknesses in mobility.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 13:15:33
August 13 2013 13:15 GMT
#4697
On August 13 2013 19:55 chinstrap wrote:
Btw would people be interested in a Darius guide from a rising gold player? Or should I wait till I'm pushing Diamond for more pertinent input?

I was trash at this game for a long time but I feel like I've figure out a lot of stuff and turned a corner, partly from reading the TL GD thread at work so often! So I've been playing none stop Darius top and am on an insane streak, steadily burning through gold (in gold 2 promo atm) with something like 15 consecutive Darius wins.

I'm thinking about putting a solid guide together going in depth on matchups and jungler interactions in lane. Also covering the decision making behind when to splitpush / team fight, as well as the basics of itemisation / rune pages etc. It would probably be a work in progress with the matchups when i find time though.

Also I don’t really know anything about formatting thread on here... We all know it wont get read if it isn't shiny and cool looking!

An active gold player who maintains the OP of a champion thread beats a lazy Diamond player who doesn't any day.

Just be willing to take criticism/advice/information from other people, especially the higher tiered players and it'll be great.
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
August 13 2013 13:21 GMT
#4698
On August 13 2013 22:08 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 22:07 MattBarry wrote:
On August 13 2013 22:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:50 Osmoses wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p

Wait wat.
Darius is the best lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, lvl8, lvl9, lvl10 and so on and so forth of all fucking melee characters.

He's a melee with no gap-closer and no escape ofc he's bound to have stg else.

Well he has somewhat of a gapcloser. I would consider his pull something that closes a gap

Still, it has a crazy long CD, is a skillshot, and has a very short range. He won't catch a ranged hero with that.


It depends on the hero. The biggest thing that defines the difficulty of Darius lane match ups is range interaction. Against almost any other melee champ you can zone then off creeps by just walking at them. If they ever use their gap closer offensively you can win the trade and sweet spot Q then hook them back if they try to walk away then W + more autos + ignite gg. The hard match ups are the ones where they can get reliable free harass outside of Q/hook range but these tend to be niche champs or ones you very rarely see top lane. Ryze range nerfed basically fixed that match up.

I only started being successful with him when I learnt how to use his hook correctly.
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
August 13 2013 13:24 GMT
#4699
On August 13 2013 22:11 RavenLoud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 21:05 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 20:57 RavenLoud wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:50 chinstrap wrote:
Since I basically always play Darius I just ban kayle + kennen then ask my team what they want last, I would default to zac or elise last. Then I just faceroll top since they can't do shit about it and splitpush all day.

I honestly think the game is in a pretty decent spot in solo que in that there are no complete MUST bans.

Until you get a Lissandra top someday



What is the range on Liss q compared to hook / Darius Q?

It's a lane I've never played tbh, I dont think it would be as bad as you think though.

Liss Q range isn't the biggest issue, it's more because she can disengage so well with W>E if you pull her. You basically can't touch her or escape from her while taking ranged harass if you want minions.

EDIT: And her Q range is 725 compared to Darius' pull at 540. Her cc and escapes are spot on counters to Darius' weaknesses in mobility.


Yea that sounds pretty rough

That is the extended Q after hitting a creep though so she is pushing the wave right? She still can't use E agressivly cause then she cant escape at all from hook even with her root. I think you could farm in this lane somewhat evenly without giving up a kill.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 13 2013 13:48 GMT
#4700
On August 13 2013 22:04 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 21:50 Osmoses wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:40 chinstrap wrote:
On August 13 2013 21:23 mr_tolkien wrote:
Darius shits on melee and gets shit on by 90% of ranged. That's pretty much it.

An in-depth guide would be : you can faceroll those matchups, take defensive runes for the others and get a penta in teamfights.


In a nutshell that is bang on

I disagree, Darius pre6 is a pussycat :p

Wait wat.
Darius is the best lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, lvl8, lvl9, lvl10 and so on and so forth of all fucking melee characters.

Is not , lots of previously mentioned toplaners outtrade him early.

As for kennen... Preeetty sure darius pull is the exact same range as kennen auto.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 233 234 235 236 237 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1231
WardiTV532
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko413
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10823
Bisu 2541
Jaedong 1689
BeSt 1066
EffOrt 610
Horang2 433
ZerO 320
actioN 269
Larva 226
Pusan 153
[ Show more ]
Mini 144
Mind 98
Barracks 86
ggaemo 82
Hyun 80
Yoon 69
Snow 68
Killer 52
Shinee 48
Sharp 38
Bale 37
NotJumperer 34
scan(afreeca) 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 19
hero 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 10
Dota 2
Dendi826
Gorgc563
qojqva343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1294
markeloff75
Other Games
B2W.Neo329
crisheroes279
DeMusliM195
Pyrionflax187
dupreeh99
hiko97
Mew2King66
Livibee64
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 6212
StarCastTV_EN92
UltimateBattle 64
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1082
League of Legends
• Jankos1366
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 45m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.