• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:17
CEST 05:17
KST 12:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9807 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 179

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 331 Next
No more bad posting
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
August 08 2013 23:01 GMT
#3561
does losing your tower when tping to it cancel your teleport? i'm fairly sure i've done it before but i've also heard it cancels it... confused as to what the actual answer is
BW -> League -> CSGO
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 23:29:17
August 08 2013 23:05 GMT
#3562
So I'm just curious what you guys ban when you guys get First Pick. I used to ban counterpicks a lot but nowadays I'm banning a lot of random crap on whims. For whatever reason I don't want to see a Gankplank, Pantheon, Chogath, Singed, Blue Ezreal, or Nami or something random or annoying I just ban them because why the hell not. My bans tend to vary greatly from game to game and I frequent get "these bans" messages or whatever but there seem to be no logic behind them besides "just cuz".

New Poll:
Poll: Bans? (obviously some overlap)

Whatever I feel like at the moment (6)
 
29%

Safe Bans (Amumu, Blitz) (4)
 
19%

Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne) (4)
 
19%

Annoying Junglers (Lee Sin, Zac, J4, Eve) (3)
 
14%

Teammate Suggestions / Anti suggestions (3)
 
14%

Counter Picks (1)
 
5%

21 total votes

Your vote: Bans? (obviously some overlap)

(Vote): Safe Bans (Amumu, Blitz)
(Vote): Annoying Junglers (Lee Sin, Zac, J4, Eve)
(Vote): Counter Picks
(Vote): Teammate Suggestions / Anti suggestions
(Vote): Whatever I feel like at the moment
(Vote): Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne)



Old Poll:
+ Show Spoiler +
Poll: What do you guys ban?

Whatever (9)
 
56%

Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne) (5)
 
31%

Potential OPs (Blitz, Amumu) (2)
 
13%

Counterpicks (0)
 
0%

16 total votes

Your vote: What do you guys ban?

(Vote): Potential OPs (Blitz, Amumu)
(Vote): Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne)
(Vote): Counterpicks
(Vote): Whatever

Jaedong :3
Phunkapotamus
Profile Joined April 2010
United States496 Posts
August 08 2013 23:08 GMT
#3563
Can you add an option to ban shitty picks my team yells out during champ select? Cuz that's what I do.

Summoner1: Me and dudebro are bot. We do kill lane Xerath Eve.

Otherwise I just ban super mobile and ganky Jungle champs. Zac, Lee, Hecarim, Shaco. The less I have to deal with nonstandard initiate vectors the better.
"Do a barrel roll"
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 23:10:22
August 08 2013 23:08 GMT
#3564
Why are Blitz and Amumu on the potential OP list ?_?

I mostly ban bullshit I don't want to deal with, which is super subjective. Fizz, because fuck that guy. Vayne sometimes because fuck that guy too. Zac because if I can't FP him for jungle the other team will and he'll just camp me from 1k range away.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
August 08 2013 23:10 GMT
#3565
I ban Eve, yi, blitz, zac (usually they ban at least one of these). Eve is bullshit in solo que if played properly. Yi is a little OP atm, blitz can lose you the game or win your opponent the game far too often and I prefer not to take the risk. Zac's ganks are bullshit, I like to dominate my lane and zac is a big cockblock
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
August 08 2013 23:10 GMT
#3566
I generally ban stuff i want neither on my team nor on the enemy team. That usually includes stuff like vayne, tryndamere, ryze, but also things like shaco or eve.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
August 08 2013 23:10 GMT
#3567
I ban lee sin, nunu and vayne, every time, without fail. all three cannot be trusted on your team. don't care much about playing against any character in the game, but i ban to keep my team from playing certain people.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 08 2013 23:11 GMT
#3568
I'm the dick that target bans after a dodge.
Carrilord has arrived.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 23:11:36
August 08 2013 23:11 GMT
#3569
On August 09 2013 08:05 ReketSomething wrote:
So I'm just curious what you guys ban when you guys get First Pick. I used to ban counterpicks a lot but nowadays I'm banning a lot of random crap on whims. For whatever reason I don't want to see a Gankplank, Pantheon, Chogath, Singed, Blue Ezreal, or Nami or something random or annoying I just ban them because why the hell not. My bans tend to vary greatly from game to game and I frequent get "these bans" messages or whatever but there seem to be no logic behind them besides "just cuz".

Poll: What do you guys ban?

Whatever (9)
 
56%

Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne) (5)
 
31%

Potential OPs (Blitz, Amumu) (2)
 
13%

Counterpicks (0)
 
0%

16 total votes

Your vote: What do you guys ban?

(Vote): Potential OPs (Blitz, Amumu)
(Vote): Snowballers (Assasins, Yi, Vayne)
(Vote): Counterpicks
(Vote): Whatever


Bans don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. If a champ is legit OP and either I'm purple or don't feel like playing him I'll ban it, but Riot's been generally good enough with balancing that this hasn't happened recently. (The last major balance misstep I can remember is when the combine cost of BotRK was like 400 or something, but you can't ban every champ that can use BotRK so it didn't really matter)

Otherwise I'll just ban the champs everyone always bans: amumu, malph, blitz. They all have the OP ability of "When the enemy team picks one, there is a 15% chance someone on your team will immediately start raging and lose you the game on that right away".

EDIT: This is in silver
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
August 08 2013 23:11 GMT
#3570
Blitz and Thresh bans because you can't trust your team to know how to dodge
Yi ban because you know he's going to get picked
Elise ban because I hate her
Vayne ban because you know she's going to get picked

If I can't figure out a 3rd ban I'll tend to ban Shen just because. Then the enemy team will pick Kass or something and kick our asses and I feel dumb...
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 08 2013 23:12 GMT
#3571
Blitz can change a game with 1 hook at any level, that's why I ban him. It's a little more annoying when it's pubs and therefore you don't know how reliable the warding situation is.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 08 2013 23:13 GMT
#3572
On August 09 2013 07:19 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 07:15 Slayer91 wrote:
yeah and the counter to %hp true damage is killing vayne faster (or attack speed slows/cc)

Frozen Heart used to be pretty good and then they raised the cost while nerfing the stats whoop. Now I haven't seen one built despite Riot continuing to lower its cost (but still above old levels)

Although new Randuins is p good eh

Edit: jk, the AS slow on Randuins got nerfed too, plus more AS items were added (I'm looking at you Bork)


Frozen heart is still good and so is randuins, and AS slow is based on their total attack speed so itemization is irrelevant.

courtpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
866 Posts
August 08 2013 23:14 GMT
#3573
On August 09 2013 08:01 wussleeQ wrote:
does losing your tower when tping to it cancel your teleport? i'm fairly sure i've done it before but i've also heard it cancels it... confused as to what the actual answer is


yes, but the cd goes to (180?), not the full cd. same as if you cancel
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 08 2013 23:17 GMT
#3574
why does TI have so few viewers today? I think yesterday they had 340k on all twitch streams combined around this time when I went to bed.
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 23:18:19
August 08 2013 23:17 GMT
#3575
I ban Morgana each time, as a true season 1 warrior. No reason behind it whatsoever.
For the other two bans, it will depend of the mood, at my level, everyone will suck even with OP champs anyway.

On August 09 2013 08:17 AsnSensation wrote:
why does TI have so few viewers today? I think yesterday they had 340k on all twitch streams combined around this time when I went to bed.


The stream crashed earlier, and maybe a lot of people switched and are still on the non-twitch stream.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 08 2013 23:22 GMT
#3576
Personally speaking, I tend to ban people that I feel I'd rather not face in either a 1v1 situation or a team fight. So that means people like Vayne, Yi (currently, if he gets nerfed then I don't care if I face him,) Zac, Blitz, Thresh, Shen, and TF. My maybe bans are Zyra, Jayce, Elise, Orianna, Rumble, and Lee Sin, based upon if I know who I'm up against or am going for a specific team comp (or plan on first picking one of the normally banned champs).
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
August 08 2013 23:28 GMT
#3577
So sometimes when I'm bored, I think about thematic matchups/teams.
We have the Fire vs Frost
+ Show Spoiler +
Annie vs Trundle
Shyvana vs Sejuani
Brand vs Lissandra
Leona vs Anivia
Phoenix Quinn vs Ashe

Animal Battle (I've tried making the teams playable?)
+ Show Spoiler +
Rengar vs Skarner
Rammus vs Nasus
Ahri vs Wukong
Anivia vs Alistar
Warwick vs Twitch

Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
Loc 'Ness Cho'gath
Nautilus
Fizz
Thresh
Nami

Egypt
+ Show Spoiler +
Pharaoh Nasus
Pharaoh Mumu
Pharoah Nidalee
Djinn Malzahar
Sultan Tryndamere

Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
August 08 2013 23:35 GMT
#3578
The Bear Team!

Udyr
Voli
Any 3 scantily clad female champs

+ Show Spoiler +
Because they're BEARly dressed
+ Show Spoiler +
hue


But you could have a manbearpig team

Udyr, Voli, Sej, any human. You have a man, a bear, a pig, and a manbearpig!
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
August 08 2013 23:43 GMT
#3579
I've given up explaining people at my elo shen isn't strong when people don't even know how to split push correctly. Had a game earlier where they had a poke comp but didn't siege shit.

I usually ban snowballing champs that most people don't have a clue dealing with. Darius could be on that list since they all destroy lanes at my level...
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 08 2013 23:45 GMT
#3580
On August 09 2013 08:35 Magus wrote:
The Bear Team!

Udyr
Voli
Any 3 scantily clad female champs

+ Show Spoiler +
Because they're BEARly dressed
+ Show Spoiler +
hue


But you could have a manbearpig team

Udyr, Voli, Sej, any human. You have a man, a bear, a pig, and a manbearpig!

I must admit that made me laugh for realz like.
Isn't Sej's thing not a pig anymore or something since the VU?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings46
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 181
PiLiPiLi 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3267
ViBE150
Bale 24
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever379
NeuroSwarm217
Counter-Strike
taco 659
Other Games
summit1g6937
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft408
C9.Mang0302
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1110
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP110
• davetesta28
• practicex 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
• Shiphtur332
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.