• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:32
CEST 04:32
KST 11:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9564 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 181

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 331 Next
No more bad posting
dae
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1600 Posts
August 09 2013 01:24 GMT
#3601
Personally, I have every spell but two on smartcast (anivia wall and karthus wall) and have the dumbcast version on the alt key, for when I want to be 100% sure of area/range.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 09 2013 01:24 GMT
#3602
Hmmm thinking about it now, what if Riot re-introduced fortify? and buffed ohmwrecker.
liftlift > tsm
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
August 09 2013 01:29 GMT
#3603
On August 09 2013 10:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Hmmm thinking about it now, what if Riot re-introduced fortify? and buffed ohmwrecker.


people might buy it on kassadin
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 09 2013 01:31 GMT
#3604
I think my overall biggest problem is I have never used hotkeys properly and never bothered to try and force myself to learn. Even in SC2.

So I can't use modifiers like Shift properly while playing---smartcast + indicators is out for me.
I personally don't see a disadvantage to dumbcasting some things though, especially the vector-targeting abilities.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 09 2013 01:31 GMT
#3605
On August 09 2013 10:24 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 10:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 09 2013 10:16 seRapH wrote:
On August 09 2013 10:14 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 09 2013 09:54 cLutZ wrote:
I smartcast all spells. Even rumble ult and victor laser.

It took awhile but I got to the point where I could do it on Rumble. But man, that was an embarrassing learning process.

Before I played rumble I wondered about that. The first time I played rumble I did it on instinct.
Is it really that hard?

I mean, it was like a one game learning curve, but there was at least one missed kill because I just derped and didn't line up the smartcast properly.

So you looked like every na pro rumble besides balls? Or wx sona?

My personal battle cry.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
August 09 2013 01:43 GMT
#3606
On August 09 2013 10:29 FinestHour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 10:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Hmmm thinking about it now, what if Riot re-introduced fortify? and buffed ohmwrecker.


people might buy it on kassadin

They won't bring back barrier though. No one at high elo used them and in my games at low elo I'd often just get two kills with them a game. It was a useless summoner that promoted passivity by preventing many dives if anyone actually got it.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
August 09 2013 01:43 GMT
#3607
For that ban poll two pages back, can we add an option for "add a 4th ban"?
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
August 09 2013 01:53 GMT
#3608
On August 09 2013 10:31 WaveofShadow wrote:
I think my overall biggest problem is I have never used hotkeys properly and never bothered to try and force myself to learn. Even in SC2.

So I can't use modifiers like Shift properly while playing---smartcast + indicators is out for me.
I personally don't see a disadvantage to dumbcasting some things though, especially the vector-targeting abilities.


I use smart cast with almost every spell and recently I've started trying to at least dumbcast at least once with using shift so I refresh my memory on how a skill works and what it's range is, helps quite a lot.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
August 09 2013 01:54 GMT
#3609
On August 09 2013 10:31 WaveofShadow wrote:
I think my overall biggest problem is I have never used hotkeys properly and never bothered to try and force myself to learn. Even in SC2.

So I can't use modifiers like Shift properly while playing---smartcast + indicators is out for me.
I personally don't see a disadvantage to dumbcasting some things though, especially the vector-targeting abilities.


Ecco for example dumbcasts most of his abilities fwiw, so you can definitely do just fine without smartcasting.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 09 2013 01:55 GMT
#3610
Froggen is well known for dumbcasting literally everything
Carrilord has arrived.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
August 09 2013 02:01 GMT
#3611
dumbcasting is only viable at a top level in a really, really low latency environment or you end up tripping over your combinations too much.

If you're up around 80-150 latency you can't use dumbcasting on any rapid targeted ability champion like ryze without a loooot of practice or occasional faceplants
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 09 2013 02:02 GMT
#3612
On August 09 2013 10:55 Slusher wrote:
Froggen is well known for dumbcasting literally everything

Except for karthus Q, hue

Lux's new range indicator is really nice, and I haven't noticed it since I was smartcasting everything. I've also never had much issue with vector target skills and smartcast, but take this statement with a grain of salt as the only times I ever play viktor and rumble are in ARAM

My current system is to have smartcast on QWER and safecast on shift+QWER. My 123456 items are on smartcast too, but sometimes I want to safecast wards when I'm trying to do one of the tricky over-wall ones, but as I'm setting them I'm like OH NOES THAT'S WHAT JOKE IS BOUND TO WHAT DO
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 09 2013 02:26 GMT
#3613
Most important bind = ~ to laugh
:3
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-09 02:28:46
August 09 2013 02:28 GMT
#3614
Also, I'm aware I could just CTRL+1234 for emotes, but I'M TOO USED TO SHIFT
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
August 09 2013 02:33 GMT
#3615
On August 09 2013 10:29 FinestHour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 10:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Hmmm thinking about it now, what if Riot re-introduced fortify? and buffed ohmwrecker.


people might buy it on kassadin


loooooooool
TranslatorBaa!
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
August 09 2013 02:48 GMT
#3616
On August 09 2013 11:33 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 10:29 FinestHour wrote:
On August 09 2013 10:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Hmmm thinking about it now, what if Riot re-introduced fortify? and buffed ohmwrecker.


people might buy it on kassadin


loooooooool

i remember that discussion quite well
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
August 09 2013 02:56 GMT
#3617
Smartcast on QWER, dumbcast on ASDF, skillups ZXCV.

Move what was on ASDF/ZXCV before around as needed. My pinky coordination sucks too much to use shift/ctrl. :|
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 09 2013 03:04 GMT
#3618
On August 09 2013 11:56 Ame wrote:
Smartcast on QWER, dumbcast on ASDF, skillups ZXCV.

Move what was on ASDF/ZXCV before around as needed. My pinky coordination sucks too much to use shift/ctrl. :|

How do you function without A move and S being so easily accessible D:
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 09 2013 03:10 GMT
#3619
Wow, cloud9s house tour is hilarious + awesome. I'm even more glad that they are doing well now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1jzt0x/a_tour_of_the_cloud_9_house/
Jaedong :3
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
August 09 2013 03:13 GMT
#3620
On August 09 2013 11:01 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
dumbcasting is only viable at a top level in a really, really low latency environment or you end up tripping over your combinations too much.

If you're up around 80-150 latency you can't use dumbcasting on any rapid targeted ability champion like ryze without a loooot of practice or occasional faceplants

Explains why I seem to fat finger so much when playing him.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 100
PiLiPiLi 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2336
ViBE145
Bale 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever489
NeuroSwarm207
League of Legends
Doublelift4906
Counter-Strike
summit1g7081
taco 664
Other Games
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0315
WinterStarcraft249
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick993
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1109
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.