• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:12
CEST 21:12
KST 04:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9187 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 339 Next
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 17 2013 18:47 GMT
#2401
On July 18 2013 03:42 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Cata was a massive disappointment. They said there would be 4 raid tiers, there were 3. They designed about half as many bosses as all the other expansions. Include how shitty Diablo 3 and SC2 are, I never plan on buying another Blizzard game because it's obvious they are trying to cash in on their name and franchises.

Although I'm with you on how terrible SC2 is, and I've never played D3/WoW, I don't know if I'd agree that they're trying to cash in just because their game design is bad.

Sometimes, good design can be accidental.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 17 2013 18:53 GMT
#2402
They just a different company. Personally I never realised that until recentely(Diablo 3/SC2). The charm is gone and what's left is indecisive game design that doesn't really help anyone. I think they must have redid the core of D3's gameplay at least 5 times. It's just what happens when you get a fuckton of money and given tons of space. You don't have to do accidental genius moments to solve issues you don't have enough time to solve properly. Most of the charm of their old games luck caused by shortcuts due to time constraints.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
July 17 2013 18:54 GMT
#2403
On July 18 2013 03:47 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:42 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Cata was a massive disappointment. They said there would be 4 raid tiers, there were 3. They designed about half as many bosses as all the other expansions. Include how shitty Diablo 3 and SC2 are, I never plan on buying another Blizzard game because it's obvious they are trying to cash in on their name and franchises.

Although I'm with you on how terrible SC2 is, and I've never played D3/WoW, I don't know if I'd agree that they're trying to cash in just because their game design is bad.

Sometimes, good design can be accidental.

M Night Shaymalan making one good movie is a fluke(The 6th Sense, though Signs and Unbreakable are considered ok movies, they were never as good as 6th Sense).

Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 17 2013 18:55 GMT
#2404
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:47 kainzero wrote:
On July 18 2013 03:42 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Cata was a massive disappointment. They said there would be 4 raid tiers, there were 3. They designed about half as many bosses as all the other expansions. Include how shitty Diablo 3 and SC2 are, I never plan on buying another Blizzard game because it's obvious they are trying to cash in on their name and franchises.

Although I'm with you on how terrible SC2 is, and I've never played D3/WoW, I don't know if I'd agree that they're trying to cash in just because their game design is bad.

Sometimes, good design can be accidental.

M Night Shaymalan making one good movie is a fluke(The 6th Sense, though Signs and Unbreakable are considered ok movies, they were never as good as 6th Sense).

Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

I thought Unbreakable was pretty well regarded. But that and 6th Sense are the only good ones imo haha.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 17 2013 18:58 GMT
#2405
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

Leaving out War2 and D1?
Moderator
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 17 2013 18:59 GMT
#2406
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:47 kainzero wrote:
On July 18 2013 03:42 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Cata was a massive disappointment. They said there would be 4 raid tiers, there were 3. They designed about half as many bosses as all the other expansions. Include how shitty Diablo 3 and SC2 are, I never plan on buying another Blizzard game because it's obvious they are trying to cash in on their name and franchises.

Although I'm with you on how terrible SC2 is, and I've never played D3/WoW, I don't know if I'd agree that they're trying to cash in just because their game design is bad.

Sometimes, good design can be accidental.

M Night Shaymalan making one good movie is a fluke(The 6th Sense, though Signs and Unbreakable are considered ok movies, they were never as good as 6th Sense).

Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).


Dunno how others feel but everything after wotlk is kind of meh to me.The only reason I played sc2 was because there was literally nothing else AND it was the only popular rts.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:03:31
July 17 2013 19:02 GMT
#2407
On July 18 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

Leaving out War2 and D1?


I can't say how good D1 was since I was pretty fucking young back then but War2 was awesome. I'd say more awesome than War3 it's just that war3 did something no one else did and allowed a whole new genre to spawn. Without War3 we wouldn't have this subforum lol.

edit: I thought Cata did a lot right that wasn't quite evident in the late game play. They made early leveling a lot more fluid and questing a decent experience. Just the rest was a bit meh
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:13:32
July 17 2013 19:11 GMT
#2408
I'm not saying Blizzard's games are flukes, but that sometimes there's a little luck when it comes to game design, especially when it comes to good games vs. great games, even more so if there's a multiplayer element when some of the strangest emergent gameplay comes out.

(Arguably, Lost Vikings, Rock 'n Roll Racing, and Blackthorne were good games, but I don't know if I would consider them classics or great, and they certainly don't live up to the aforementioned PC games).
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 17 2013 19:11 GMT
#2409
On July 18 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

Leaving out War2 and D1?

Lost Vikings series, Blackthorne, and Rock n' Roll Racing would like to have a word.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 17 2013 19:14 GMT
#2410
On July 18 2013 04:11 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

Leaving out War2 and D1?

Lost Vikings series, Blackthorne, and Rock n' Roll Racing would like to have a word.


Not everyone has grandkids.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:16:07
July 17 2013 19:15 GMT
#2411
D1 was fantastic honestly.
Nothing at all like D2 really, D1 was a true horror game, not a hack-and-slash at its core.

Not to say D2 was bad, D2 was amazing as well, but for different reasons than D1.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Haiq343
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:16:32
July 17 2013 19:15 GMT
#2412
How can we talk about good Blizzard games and not mention the Lost Vikings games? Not that those serve as a counterpoint to Blizzards much more broad-appeal style design of late, but they were/are awesome.

Edit: Nevermind we did mention them. I blame trying to find particular clips on youtube.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination encircles the world. -Einstein
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:20:37
July 17 2013 19:20 GMT
#2413
On July 18 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 03:54 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Blizzard making 4 good games isn't (Warcraft 3, WoW, Diablo 2, SC:BW).

Leaving out War2 and D1?

The Lost Vikings?

Snap I'm late.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 17 2013 19:22 GMT
#2414
HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT LOST VIKINGS
It's your boy Guzma!
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 17 2013 19:22 GMT
#2415
--- Nuked ---
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
July 17 2013 19:24 GMT
#2416
Clearly, it's Pokemon time.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 17 2013 19:25 GMT
#2417
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 17 2013 19:28 GMT
#2418
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.
It's your boy Guzma!
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 17 2013 19:31 GMT
#2419
I know we have a lot of dissenting opinions on the off-topic nature of this forum, but it's not like it takes away from the LoL discussion. If there hadn't been the tangent on WoW the thread would have just been dead during that period of time, we didn't lose talk about LoL. I guess I just like when the forum is active.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 17 2013 19:35 GMT
#2420
On July 18 2013 04:28 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.

Why would Rammus be a fairy? ôo
Or because of Rock > Flying?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 685
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 117
JuggernautJason59
MindelVK 27
Nina 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29785
Calm 2889
Shuttle 744
firebathero 149
Mini 147
Dewaltoss 117
soO 35
Hyun 27
HiyA 26
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 302
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1559
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu623
Other Games
FrodaN3008
B2W.Neo605
Beastyqt571
mouzStarbuck435
Livibee183
ToD165
KnowMe135
C9.Mang0129
RotterdaM92
Trikslyr92
Mew2King44
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1004
• Shiphtur797
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 3m
Replay Cast
3h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.