• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:12
CEST 21:12
KST 04:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9187 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 339 Next
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:37:35
July 17 2013 19:36 GMT
#2421
On July 18 2013 04:28 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.


Her matchups against Lissandra, Jayce, Elise, and Vayne are pretty brutal too

edit: oh word I wooshed hard... I think
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:44:04
July 17 2013 19:38 GMT
#2422
On July 18 2013 04:35 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:28 Requizen wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.

Why would Rammus be a fairy? ôo
Or because of Rock > Flying?


In which case shouldn't Kha6 be the true counter to Shyv?

I feel like the cool thing about this thread, and forum, is that its just as much about the people posting as it is the game itself.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 17 2013 19:39 GMT
#2423
On July 18 2013 03:05 captharlock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 02:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh FUCK Illidari Council.
I absolutely HATED that fight.
BT fights were pretty awesome overall though, hell almost all of BC was pretty great.


Why the hate on illidari council. That fight was like the Super Bowl of how not to stand in stuff back then.

Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 02:51 arb wrote:
Truthfully once they nerfed Firelands way before DS came out, even nerfing heroic fights i quit the game.
Was one of my favorite raids out of all of them though.


Firelands wasn't that bad. It was probably the best raid in Cata. I stopped play right after DS came out and I hated DS it just felt underwhelming.

Cata was a whole wasn't really that good in my opinion. Overall I think that BC was the best expansion.

Yes I mean it was the best raid in the expansion! Just they nerfed the modes prematurely(like a few weeks after release wtf?) It was my favorite expansion though.

Rag/Chogall/Nef were my favorite fights in the entire expansion though
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:42:11
July 17 2013 19:41 GMT
#2424
On July 18 2013 04:35 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:28 Requizen wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.

Why would Rammus be a fairy? ôo
Or because of Rock > Flying?

Rammus is clearly a ground type.+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On July 18 2013 04:38 canucks12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:35 Alaric wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:28 Requizen wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:25 Alaric wrote:
B-but we do that all the time with Pokemon!

(On-topic then, Shyvana with lane farm and stuff like BotRK, IBG, Wit's is fucking scary with through-the-roof damage while being resilient enough to fight off several people at once in dragon form. Since I was doing scrub-level with Talon I was basically the "tank", drawing aggro and cc on me, doing no damage while Shyv went wild. :< )

Yeah but Shyv is weak to Lulu and probably Rammus and Malphite.

Why would Rammus be a fairy? ôo
Or because of Rock > Flying?


In which case shouldn't Kha6 be the true counter to Shyv?

Bug/Flying > Dragon/Fire? Come on dude.
It's your boy Guzma!
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:43:24
July 17 2013 19:42 GMT
#2425
Ashe has my best winrate I think (something like 70%)

I don't even know why. Whenever I pick her I fail in lane and go like 0-6-0 and buy brutalizer because fuck it I can't afford anything else and then somehow win the game later randomly.

I like to think it's because my lategame decision making / teamfighting is really good but it's probably just because I act like a global taunt so mid and top get lots of farm and then I just play support ashe throwing out arrows randomly (CDR => more arrows! brutalizer ashe op)

Edit: Khazix is clearly Bug/Dark
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 17 2013 19:44 GMT
#2426
On July 18 2013 04:31 onlywonderboy wrote:
I know we have a lot of dissenting opinions on the off-topic nature of this forum, but it's not like it takes away from the LoL discussion. If there hadn't been the tangent on WoW the thread would have just been dead during that period of time, we didn't lose talk about LoL. I guess I just like when the forum is active.

I agree completely. Never played wow. Only played pokemon casually, and haven't played MtG since 9th edition. But I still find the discussions rather interesting.
liftlift > tsm
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:49:54
July 17 2013 19:47 GMT
#2427
People forget the original GD thread for this subforum was called "General Discussion/Off-topic". The only reason the off-topic part was shaved off was because when we prepend the patch name/number it becomes hard to reasonably fit that into the title.

So off-topic discussion is fair game.

EDIT: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=166123&currentpage=2#33

Off-topic spam has the NeoIllusions seal of approval, see?
Moderator
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:52:14
July 17 2013 19:49 GMT
#2428
On July 18 2013 04:42 Mauzel wrote:
Ashe has my best winrate I think (something like 70%)

I don't even know why. Whenever I pick her I fail in lane and go like 0-6-0 and buy brutalizer because fuck it I can't afford anything else and then somehow win the game later randomly.

I like to think it's because my lategame decision making / teamfighting is really good but it's probably just because I act like a global taunt so mid and top get lots of farm and then I just play support ashe throwing out arrows randomly (CDR => more arrows! brutalizer ashe op)

Edit: Khazix is clearly Bug/Dark


ashe is amazing in low-elo solo queue because arrow is like the game's great equalizer. you can count on the enemy 6-item carry to be farming in the middle of some pushed lane for no reason in like 90% of cases, so just arrowing down a lane will net your teammates kills -> you push for objectives. when i'm stuck on support and don't want to play rengar, i play a lot of ashe simply for this reason.

and yeah khazix is bug/dark (mecha khazix bug/steel)
skarner rock/bug
rengar dark
riven fighting
teemo poison
shyvana fire/dragon seems right
ashe ice
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 17 2013 19:50 GMT
#2429
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.
It's your boy Guzma!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 17 2013 19:52 GMT
#2430
I apologize if people are angry around the off topic discussion. Let's just say I'm not slightly drunk and nostalgic about the good times. This community is the most open and welcoming around so felt like the place to get a bit off topic
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
July 17 2013 19:53 GMT
#2431
On July 18 2013 04:50 Requizen wrote:
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.

Or the value of GP10s.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 17 2013 19:54 GMT
#2432
On July 18 2013 04:49 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:42 Mauzel wrote:
Ashe has my best winrate I think (something like 70%)

I don't even know why. Whenever I pick her I fail in lane and go like 0-6-0 and buy brutalizer because fuck it I can't afford anything else and then somehow win the game later randomly.

I like to think it's because my lategame decision making / teamfighting is really good but it's probably just because I act like a global taunt so mid and top get lots of farm and then I just play support ashe throwing out arrows randomly (CDR => more arrows! brutalizer ashe op)

Edit: Khazix is clearly Bug/Dark


ashe is amazing in low-elo solo queue because arrow is like the game's great equalizer. you can count on the enemy 6-item carry to be farming in the middle of some pushed lane for no reason in like 90% of cases, so just arrowing down a lane will net your teammates kills -> you push for objectives. when i'm stuck on support and don't want to play rengar, i play a lot of ashe simply for this reason.

and yeah khazix is bug/dark (mecha khazix bug/steel)
skarner rock/bug
rengar dark
riven fighting
teemo poison
shyvana fire/dragon seems right
ashe ice


So wait... you play support Rengar?

I feel like Rengar and Ashe would be Normal type as well.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 19:59:42
July 17 2013 19:57 GMT
#2433
I don't think win percentage on a champion is a very good metric until at least 30 games.

There are so many times I thought I had a good champion because I had 80%, but that was just 8-2 and it would then equalize itself very quickly.

On July 18 2013 04:53 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:50 Requizen wrote:
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.

Or the value of GP10s.

I think GP10 is actually worth discussing now, given that the discussion won't be "Should I get HoG on all positions?" but that it could be a very realistic discussion on supports.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 17 2013 19:58 GMT
#2434
On July 18 2013 04:54 Mauzel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:49 gtrsrs wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:42 Mauzel wrote:
Ashe has my best winrate I think (something like 70%)

I don't even know why. Whenever I pick her I fail in lane and go like 0-6-0 and buy brutalizer because fuck it I can't afford anything else and then somehow win the game later randomly.

I like to think it's because my lategame decision making / teamfighting is really good but it's probably just because I act like a global taunt so mid and top get lots of farm and then I just play support ashe throwing out arrows randomly (CDR => more arrows! brutalizer ashe op)

Edit: Khazix is clearly Bug/Dark


ashe is amazing in low-elo solo queue because arrow is like the game's great equalizer. you can count on the enemy 6-item carry to be farming in the middle of some pushed lane for no reason in like 90% of cases, so just arrowing down a lane will net your teammates kills -> you push for objectives. when i'm stuck on support and don't want to play rengar, i play a lot of ashe simply for this reason.

and yeah khazix is bug/dark (mecha khazix bug/steel)
skarner rock/bug
rengar dark
riven fighting
teemo poison
shyvana fire/dragon seems right
ashe ice


So wait... you play support Rengar?

I feel like Rengar and Ashe would be Normal type as well.

Support Rengar/Garen best supports.
It's your boy Guzma!
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 17 2013 20:01 GMT
#2435
On July 18 2013 04:53 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:50 Requizen wrote:
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.

Or the value of GP10s.

but can you guys tell me what a tank is?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
July 17 2013 20:05 GMT
#2436
On July 18 2013 04:58 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:54 Mauzel wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:49 gtrsrs wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:42 Mauzel wrote:
Ashe has my best winrate I think (something like 70%)

I don't even know why. Whenever I pick her I fail in lane and go like 0-6-0 and buy brutalizer because fuck it I can't afford anything else and then somehow win the game later randomly.

I like to think it's because my lategame decision making / teamfighting is really good but it's probably just because I act like a global taunt so mid and top get lots of farm and then I just play support ashe throwing out arrows randomly (CDR => more arrows! brutalizer ashe op)

Edit: Khazix is clearly Bug/Dark


ashe is amazing in low-elo solo queue because arrow is like the game's great equalizer. you can count on the enemy 6-item carry to be farming in the middle of some pushed lane for no reason in like 90% of cases, so just arrowing down a lane will net your teammates kills -> you push for objectives. when i'm stuck on support and don't want to play rengar, i play a lot of ashe simply for this reason.

and yeah khazix is bug/dark (mecha khazix bug/steel)
skarner rock/bug
rengar dark
riven fighting
teemo poison
shyvana fire/dragon seems right
ashe ice


So wait... you play support Rengar?

I feel like Rengar and Ashe would be Normal type as well.

Support Rengar/Garen best supports.



Bush dwellers thrive when they can stay in the bush and not have to worry about last hitting.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 17 2013 20:17 GMT
#2437
On July 18 2013 05:01 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:53 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:50 Requizen wrote:
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.

Or the value of GP10s.

but can you guys tell me what a tank is?

Riot can, now.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 17 2013 20:17 GMT
#2438
On July 18 2013 04:57 kainzero wrote:
I don't think win percentage on a champion is a very good metric until at least 30 games.

There are so many times I thought I had a good champion because I had 80%, but that was just 8-2 and it would then equalize itself very quickly.

Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 04:53 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On July 18 2013 04:50 Requizen wrote:
But we still have on topic discussions all the time. For example, we love to talk about whether one should run flat damage or penetration runes.

Or the value of GP10s.

I think GP10 is actually worth discussing now, given that the discussion won't be "Should I get HoG on all positions?" but that it could be a very realistic discussion on supports.


Because I was doing so well I continued to play Ashe whenever I got stuck on ADC. I got so bored of her (and winning despite sucking) that I stopped. I had about 60 games on her.
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
July 17 2013 20:23 GMT
#2439
Is it safe to call LifeSteal Quints the new meta on Marksmen? (there Riot I said it)

But what's the deal with half of the people running 4% and the other half running 6%. Am I missing something or is that extra 2.25 AD/2.56 Apen hitting a certain break point?
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
July 17 2013 20:23 GMT
#2440
On July 18 2013 04:52 Numy wrote:
I apologize if people are angry around the off topic discussion. Let's just say I'm not slightly drunk and nostalgic about the good times. This community is the most open and welcoming around so felt like the place to get a bit off topic


Never apologize for off topic in this thread. It's exactly how this thread should be. I find it more odd that someone complained about a few people enjoying some random non-LoL talk. As far as I can remember, off-topic is normal for this thread, and it should always be like this. Plus, how difficult it is for people to ignore a few posts. It's not as if the majority of people read full posts unless they are interested in the topic anyways.
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 685
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 117
JuggernautJason59
MindelVK 27
Nina 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29785
Calm 2889
Shuttle 744
firebathero 149
Mini 147
Dewaltoss 117
soO 35
Hyun 27
HiyA 26
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 302
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1559
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu623
Other Games
FrodaN3008
B2W.Neo605
Beastyqt571
mouzStarbuck435
Livibee183
ToD165
KnowMe135
C9.Mang0129
RotterdaM92
Trikslyr92
Mew2King44
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1004
• Shiphtur797
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 3m
Replay Cast
3h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.