• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:47
CEST 03:47
KST 10:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8053 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 211

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 220 Next
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
January 31 2013 16:13 GMT
#4201
On February 01 2013 00:58 jadoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 00:53 Seuss wrote:
On January 31 2013 22:17 LaNague wrote:
On January 31 2013 21:34 Simberto wrote:
So, since Thresh is cheaper now and i am a support player, i got him. I see a lot of enemy threshs max the lantern, but they also usually are pretty bad and just throw it at us for no reason, so i don't think they even realize it does no damage. From looking at the numbers, i am not sure what to max myself. The lantern seems underwhelming, a 40 scaling on a shield on such a long cd, that will often be used not for the shield but for utility does not really sound good.

On the other had, both of the other abilities don't have too good scaling, either. Q passive Only scales the AD part, which is interesting in harass situations, but does not really do anything in fights. Q active gets a pretty good cd reduction, but not really a lot of damage either. E does not scale that good either, with a 5% slow per level and 40 damage. So i assume i would max Q>E>W, but i am not really sure about this. What do other people do?

Hm, but maybe the shield is not good in lane, but it should be pretty good in teamfights where it applies to more people. So maybe Q>W>E?


i usually max the shield so my ad can trade better.


and yeah, i dont whats up with some people, but they throw the lantern at me as enemies for no reason.


They throw the lantern because it allows them to collect souls without exposing themselves to danger.


What is up with lux. People throw the shield like it does damage. I have had people run up to me toss their baton in my face and run away.


Lux shield should totally apply her passive if it hits an enemy
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
January 31 2013 16:21 GMT
#4202
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
January 31 2013 16:30 GMT
#4203
On February 01 2013 01:13 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 00:58 jadoth wrote:
On February 01 2013 00:53 Seuss wrote:
On January 31 2013 22:17 LaNague wrote:
On January 31 2013 21:34 Simberto wrote:
So, since Thresh is cheaper now and i am a support player, i got him. I see a lot of enemy threshs max the lantern, but they also usually are pretty bad and just throw it at us for no reason, so i don't think they even realize it does no damage. From looking at the numbers, i am not sure what to max myself. The lantern seems underwhelming, a 40 scaling on a shield on such a long cd, that will often be used not for the shield but for utility does not really sound good.

On the other had, both of the other abilities don't have too good scaling, either. Q passive Only scales the AD part, which is interesting in harass situations, but does not really do anything in fights. Q active gets a pretty good cd reduction, but not really a lot of damage either. E does not scale that good either, with a 5% slow per level and 40 damage. So i assume i would max Q>E>W, but i am not really sure about this. What do other people do?

Hm, but maybe the shield is not good in lane, but it should be pretty good in teamfights where it applies to more people. So maybe Q>W>E?


i usually max the shield so my ad can trade better.


and yeah, i dont whats up with some people, but they throw the lantern at me as enemies for no reason.


They throw the lantern because it allows them to collect souls without exposing themselves to danger.


What is up with lux. People throw the shield like it does damage. I have had people run up to me toss their baton in my face and run away.


Lux shield should totally apply her passive if it hits an enemy


Probably them just mashing their faces into qew. I guess it could POSSIBLY be used for some mindgames to make people think that Q is coming, bait them into a direction, then Q>Lazer. Kind of a stretch but it's possible at high level I suppoe. I see that with pretty much every lux I play against and 'high level plays' is never the case.
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
Kyhron
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States945 Posts
January 31 2013 16:30 GMT
#4204
On February 01 2013 01:10 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:03 Kyhron wrote:
On January 31 2013 22:17 LaNague wrote:
On January 31 2013 21:34 Simberto wrote:
So, since Thresh is cheaper now and i am a support player, i got him. I see a lot of enemy threshs max the lantern, but they also usually are pretty bad and just throw it at us for no reason, so i don't think they even realize it does no damage. From looking at the numbers, i am not sure what to max myself. The lantern seems underwhelming, a 40 scaling on a shield on such a long cd, that will often be used not for the shield but for utility does not really sound good.

On the other had, both of the other abilities don't have too good scaling, either. Q passive Only scales the AD part, which is interesting in harass situations, but does not really do anything in fights. Q active gets a pretty good cd reduction, but not really a lot of damage either. E does not scale that good either, with a 5% slow per level and 40 damage. So i assume i would max Q>E>W, but i am not really sure about this. What do other people do?

Hm, but maybe the shield is not good in lane, but it should be pretty good in teamfights where it applies to more people. So maybe Q>W>E?


i usually max the shield so my ad can trade better.


and yeah, i dont whats up with some people, but they throw the lantern at me as enemies for no reason.

Lantern can pick up souls around it when you throw it out so that may be why you see people throwing it.

On terms of skilling him definitely max Q first your damage on his auto harass goes up nicely as a result and the active is one of the best initiates/teamfight abilities IMO. From there I find it depends on the game as far as what to max second. If theres alot of jungle fights or fights are long drawn out poke wars I'll max w, but usually I max E since the utility of a second pull/knockback is really strong combined with the fact it also interrupts channeled spells like Kat and Malz ults. Im by no means a great player but I played Thresh a ton last week and really enjoy how deep and complex his kit is


The utility of a second pull/knockback is appealing, but you get all of that with one rank in E. Further ranks do not reduce the cooldown or improve the pull/knockback, they only increase the damage and the slow (by 5% per rank, which is extremely negligible). A Locket level shield every 10-16 seconds is much, much more useful.

Except that people have to be on top of the lantern to get the shield and most people have a tendency to run away from the lantern unless you throw it right on top of them. The problem I with lantern is no one seems to know what it does or try to get the shield if it didnt land on them. Part of this may be because its not openly apparent where its sitting in a teamfight since the particles for it are rather minimal even in colorblind mode
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
January 31 2013 16:34 GMT
#4205
On February 01 2013 01:21 xes wrote:
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.

At which elo are you currently and which position are you playing? Generally you need to rely less on your teammates because communication/coordination is worse in SoloQ, but what to specifically to look out for depends on the question.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 31 2013 16:42 GMT
#4206
On January 31 2013 23:14 TheKefka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 20:05 OutlaW- wrote:
Guys, what was the first skin that you've ever bought? Do you still use it? Does it hold a special place in your heart? <3
Mine was + Show Spoiler +
Stinger Akali

Feral warwick,best ww skin imo


?

Let's make a wolf skin for a werewolf champion???

lolol
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 31 2013 16:44 GMT
#4207
On February 01 2013 01:21 xes wrote:
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.


What role do you play? When during the game do you feel that you're fucking up the most?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 31 2013 16:44 GMT
#4208
On February 01 2013 01:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 23:14 TheKefka wrote:
On January 31 2013 20:05 OutlaW- wrote:
Guys, what was the first skin that you've ever bought? Do you still use it? Does it hold a special place in your heart? <3
Mine was + Show Spoiler +
Stinger Akali

Feral warwick,best ww skin imo


?

Let's make a wolf skin for a werewolf champion???

lolol

Its no Urfwick.
Still only seen that skin in game 1 time even though ive been playing since pre season 1
:c
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 31 2013 16:51 GMT
#4209
On February 01 2013 01:44 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
On January 31 2013 23:14 TheKefka wrote:
On January 31 2013 20:05 OutlaW- wrote:
Guys, what was the first skin that you've ever bought? Do you still use it? Does it hold a special place in your heart? <3
Mine was + Show Spoiler +
Stinger Akali

Feral warwick,best ww skin imo


?

Let's make a wolf skin for a werewolf champion???

lolol

Its no Urfwick.
Still only seen that skin in game 1 time even though ive been playing since pre season 1
:c


Urfwick is mah default skin for him. :3

Best buy evarrrr, 15 RP. lolol
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
January 31 2013 16:53 GMT
#4210
So for Thresh should I definitely use pickpocket?

And then do I spec tank or damage?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 17:06:13
January 31 2013 16:55 GMT
#4211
Chrome Rammus

shoulda gotten Ninja Rammus, but hey it's pretty ok + Show Spoiler +
;D
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
January 31 2013 16:57 GMT
#4212
On February 01 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:21 xes wrote:
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.


What role do you play? When during the game do you feel that you're fucking up the most?

1400 ranked team, 1200 elo soloq. Main jungle.

Most of the problems I have are in early game and then the transition into midgame teamfights. People die randomly for no reason and I'm not sure where I should be putting my time in either in camping their lane or snowballing another lane or just farming up and waiting for midgame. In the transition period when teams are just starting to haphazardly group I feel like I can never leave my team because waves of farm build up on the sidelanes and no one farms it but if I go over to farm it they just die :S

If we do manage to group up then I feel like I have a really strong impact since I can usually confidently initiate when we're in good positions, but up to that point I'm not sure I'm having the right impact on the game.

I also play mostly initiating/supportish junglers like Hecarim rather than dueling beasts like Lee.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
benefluence
Profile Joined January 2010
United States158 Posts
January 31 2013 16:58 GMT
#4213
On January 31 2013 20:05 OutlaW- wrote:
Guys, what was the first skin that you've ever bought? Do you still use it? Does it hold a special place in your heart? <3
Mine was + Show Spoiler +
Stinger Akali


Definitely Not Blitzcrank. I still use it whenever I play him, although I haven't done that in a while. It's still probably my favorite skin.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 31 2013 17:00 GMT
#4214
Amethyst Ashe first skin, she just looks so pretty and purple.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
January 31 2013 17:01 GMT
#4215
I've been seeing some do red elixir start + ward + pot. What are your thoughts on this?
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 31 2013 17:09 GMT
#4216
On February 01 2013 01:30 Kyhron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:10 Seuss wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:03 Kyhron wrote:
On January 31 2013 22:17 LaNague wrote:
On January 31 2013 21:34 Simberto wrote:
So, since Thresh is cheaper now and i am a support player, i got him. I see a lot of enemy threshs max the lantern, but they also usually are pretty bad and just throw it at us for no reason, so i don't think they even realize it does no damage. From looking at the numbers, i am not sure what to max myself. The lantern seems underwhelming, a 40 scaling on a shield on such a long cd, that will often be used not for the shield but for utility does not really sound good.

On the other had, both of the other abilities don't have too good scaling, either. Q passive Only scales the AD part, which is interesting in harass situations, but does not really do anything in fights. Q active gets a pretty good cd reduction, but not really a lot of damage either. E does not scale that good either, with a 5% slow per level and 40 damage. So i assume i would max Q>E>W, but i am not really sure about this. What do other people do?

Hm, but maybe the shield is not good in lane, but it should be pretty good in teamfights where it applies to more people. So maybe Q>W>E?


i usually max the shield so my ad can trade better.


and yeah, i dont whats up with some people, but they throw the lantern at me as enemies for no reason.

Lantern can pick up souls around it when you throw it out so that may be why you see people throwing it.

On terms of skilling him definitely max Q first your damage on his auto harass goes up nicely as a result and the active is one of the best initiates/teamfight abilities IMO. From there I find it depends on the game as far as what to max second. If theres alot of jungle fights or fights are long drawn out poke wars I'll max w, but usually I max E since the utility of a second pull/knockback is really strong combined with the fact it also interrupts channeled spells like Kat and Malz ults. Im by no means a great player but I played Thresh a ton last week and really enjoy how deep and complex his kit is


The utility of a second pull/knockback is appealing, but you get all of that with one rank in E. Further ranks do not reduce the cooldown or improve the pull/knockback, they only increase the damage and the slow (by 5% per rank, which is extremely negligible). A Locket level shield every 10-16 seconds is much, much more useful.

Except that people have to be on top of the lantern to get the shield and most people have a tendency to run away from the lantern unless you throw it right on top of them. The problem I with lantern is no one seems to know what it does or try to get the shield if it didnt land on them. Part of this may be because its not openly apparent where its sitting in a teamfight since the particles for it are rather minimal even in colorblind mode


A lot of it is lack of familiarity with the champion. It took time after Lux was released for players to learn to watch for her baton and/or position in ways which played into that ability. Thresh will be the same, but it's notable that it's already far, far easier to hit half or more of your team with the lantern than it ever was with Lux's baton.

Moreover, even if you aren't hitting the whole team the power of a stronger shield on a shorter cooldown far outstrips a slightly stronger slow (which lasts all of 1.5 seconds).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 31 2013 17:09 GMT
#4217
On February 01 2013 01:57 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:21 xes wrote:
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.


What role do you play? When during the game do you feel that you're fucking up the most?

1400 ranked team, 1200 elo soloq. Main jungle.

Most of the problems I have are in early game and then the transition into midgame teamfights. People die randomly for no reason and I'm not sure where I should be putting my time in either in camping their lane or snowballing another lane or just farming up and waiting for midgame. In the transition period when teams are just starting to haphazardly group I feel like I can never leave my team because waves of farm build up on the sidelanes and no one farms it but if I go over to farm it they just die :S

If we do manage to group up then I feel like I have a really strong impact since I can usually confidently initiate when we're in good positions, but up to that point I'm not sure I'm having the right impact on the game.

I also play mostly initiating/supportish junglers like Hecarim rather than dueling beasts like Lee.


Not words to live by but mokuza made a list of certain things to ponder as a Jungler, especially in solo q.
http://en.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/15rkr2/najin_mokuzas_jungle_10_commandmentstranslated/

Because you play supporting Junglers, you really have to make your ganks count. Don't waste too much time camping a lane if it doesn't net you a guarantee kill. Pressuring a lane is nice but not at the cost of your own development.

On February 01 2013 02:01 nosliw wrote:
I've been seeing some do red elixir start + ward + pot. What are your thoughts on this?


You have to be very mechanically sound to make use of Red Elixir start. I've seen it a few times on Zed solo lanes for example. It's a major investment since the Elixir is on a timer. You are expected to bully the lane, hard, and end up somewhere like 10-20 ahead in CS. If you get a kill, it's pretty much worth the Elixir opening. If you don't get a kill and only get 0-10 CS advantage, this is not the opening for you.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 17:15:12
January 31 2013 17:14 GMT
#4218
On January 31 2013 06:10 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 05:26 mr_tolkien wrote:
On January 31 2013 04:58 sylverfyre wrote:
On January 31 2013 04:55 mr_tolkien wrote:
So. I'm trying to pick up trynda top atm.

Any thoughts/tips ?

Take a look at what monte posted about Trynd in the TROLLS thread - I think he has some neat ideas about Tryndamere over there. (Gist of it: start with some AP to use only as a sustain+trading tool, build AD.)

Yeah I saw that and it works pretty well, but I'm facing a few problems :
How to trade as Trynda ?
How to teamfight as Trynda ?
When do you stop farming as Trynda ?


Trading: When against other melee champions, you just walk up to them and start the beatings. When W fades or their cooldowns are close to coming back up you E away. Because of W, your innately high auto-damage, the damage from E, and your healing from Q you should have won the trade. Keep spamming Q to heal up as you last-hit, and repeat the trade until you beat your opponent.

When against ranged champions you have to be a little more clever. You either have to run straight at them with W ready to slow them if they start trying to kite, or E to close the gap. Both options are substantially better if you can use the bushes as either an attack or escape vector.

With the setup I documented in T.R.O.L.L.S. I ran a Cloth Armor + 5 Pot Darius out of potions without much issue. (SEE: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/362115117 @2:10:00)

Teamfighting: You're not really a bruiser or tank, so leave the tanking to the professionals whenever possible. You're just as happy beating on whoever is chasing your ranged AD as you are going after theirs, so who you target is going to depend on who you can reach safely. You may have a get out of death free ticket in the form of your ultimate, but those 5 seconds can pass in a hurry.

A lot of your teamfighting depends on game circumstances. If you team is really behind, as mine was, you can't really play as boldly as I tried to.

Farming: This is similar to most top lanes. If you have a big advantage over your opponent and a key item which makes you a lethal threat to others, start shoving waves and roaming/stealing jungle. If you've taken top turret, shove waves and roam. Just don't miss creep build-ups.


I'm not really an expert on this yet as top is my worst lane, but that's how I've made it work so far.

I tried to follow your guidelines in a game with my viewers, the result was pretty epic (3:40:00+) : http://www.twitch.tv/mr_tolkien/b/362544199


(I gave up a 1v1 kill early because I didn't know how barrier worked...)
The legend of Darien lives on
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 31 2013 17:18 GMT
#4219
dat shameless plug. teach me your ways
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 17:29:08
January 31 2013 17:25 GMT
#4220
On February 01 2013 01:51 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:44 arb wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
On January 31 2013 23:14 TheKefka wrote:
On January 31 2013 20:05 OutlaW- wrote:
Guys, what was the first skin that you've ever bought? Do you still use it? Does it hold a special place in your heart? <3
Mine was + Show Spoiler +
Stinger Akali

Feral warwick,best ww skin imo


?

Let's make a wolf skin for a werewolf champion???

lolol

Its no Urfwick.
Still only seen that skin in game 1 time even though ive been playing since pre season 1
:c


Urfwick is mah default skin for him. :3

Best buy evarrrr, 15 RP. lolol

urfwick is cool but I prefer my feral,I know it's nothing special but it just grew on me.
On February 01 2013 02:09 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:57 xes wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:21 xes wrote:
I've been doing a lot of arranged play and one thing that's gotten way better is my ability to process information. I'm no longer panic spamming abilities in teamfights or when getting ganked etc. I have a much better sense of where players are on the map and what abilities they've used/have left/what potential they have.

However while I can win with my ranked team now, my SoloQ feels like its consistently getting worse. Is this because I'm too used to relying on my teammates? What assumptions should I constantly be checking for so I don't make good decisions that are in fact the incorrect choice. Its really frustrating seeing the teamfight play out and just watching my teammates misposition or screw up.


What role do you play? When during the game do you feel that you're fucking up the most?

1400 ranked team, 1200 elo soloq. Main jungle.

Most of the problems I have are in early game and then the transition into midgame teamfights. People die randomly for no reason and I'm not sure where I should be putting my time in either in camping their lane or snowballing another lane or just farming up and waiting for midgame. In the transition period when teams are just starting to haphazardly group I feel like I can never leave my team because waves of farm build up on the sidelanes and no one farms it but if I go over to farm it they just die :S

If we do manage to group up then I feel like I have a really strong impact since I can usually confidently initiate when we're in good positions, but up to that point I'm not sure I'm having the right impact on the game.

I also play mostly initiating/supportish junglers like Hecarim rather than dueling beasts like Lee.


Not words to live by but mokuza made a list of certain things to ponder as a Jungler, especially in solo q.
http://en.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/15rkr2/najin_mokuzas_jungle_10_commandmentstranslated/

Because you play supporting Junglers, you really have to make your ganks count. Don't waste too much time camping a lane if it doesn't net you a guarantee kill. Pressuring a lane is nice but not at the cost of your own development.

Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 02:01 nosliw wrote:
I've been seeing some do red elixir start + ward + pot. What are your thoughts on this?


You have to be very mechanically sound to make use of Red Elixir start. I've seen it a few times on Zed solo lanes for example. It's a major investment since the Elixir is on a timer. You are expected to bully the lane, hard, and end up somewhere like 10-20 ahead in CS. If you get a kill, it's pretty much worth the Elixir opening. If you don't get a kill and only get 0-10 CS advantage, this is not the opening for you.

Jarvan red pot start is for real men.
Cackle™
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings87
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 271
WinterStarcraft151
RuFF_SC2 106
CosmosSc2 75
ViBE42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2164
GuemChi 1430
Artosis 613
910 47
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever353
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 474
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox739
Other Games
summit1g8789
Day[9].tv765
JimRising 649
shahzam649
C9.Mang0359
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick846
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• EnkiAlexander 23
• Letter145
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv765
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 14m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.