• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:59
CEST 00:59
KST 07:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9691 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 159

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 220 Next
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 28 2013 02:15 GMT
#3161
btw http://www.twitch.tv/pobelter

Pobelter streaming ranked 5s with his new Cures jr team or w.e
Their team looks super strong. Don't know about Yoda on support but the rest of them are super good at their roles.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
jadoth
Profile Joined December 2011
694 Posts
January 28 2013 02:56 GMT
#3162
On January 28 2013 11:11 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 11:04 nafta wrote:
Could someone explain why last week there have been a lot more trolls lol?Like is it a holiday or something that I am unaware of ^^?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615


Woah hold up. I thought that was a normals only thing. Matching players base on anything other than rating (after primarily period of course) goes against the whole spirit of ranking and competition.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 03:15:16
January 28 2013 03:14 GMT
#3163
On January 28 2013 11:11 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 11:04 nafta wrote:
Could someone explain why last week there have been a lot more trolls lol?Like is it a holiday or something that I am unaware of ^^?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615

Holy shit.It was riot all along.The fucking bastards made solo q even worse.From enjoying a game or 2 once in a while it all went to shit.Every game 2/3 new aditions join my ignore list lol.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 28 2013 03:27 GMT
#3164
On January 28 2013 12:14 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 11:11 101toss wrote:
On January 28 2013 11:04 nafta wrote:
Could someone explain why last week there have been a lot more trolls lol?Like is it a holiday or something that I am unaware of ^^?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615

Holy shit.It was riot all along.The fucking bastards made solo q even worse.From enjoying a game or 2 once in a while it all went to shit.Every game 2/3 new aditions join my ignore list lol.

Is this because you're playing with people with less wins? I can see how this would be a good thing for players with over 1K wins so they don't get matched against people who have like 150 and don't have nearly as much experience.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 28 2013 03:42 GMT
#3165
On January 28 2013 12:27 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 12:14 nafta wrote:
On January 28 2013 11:11 101toss wrote:
On January 28 2013 11:04 nafta wrote:
Could someone explain why last week there have been a lot more trolls lol?Like is it a holiday or something that I am unaware of ^^?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615

Holy shit.It was riot all along.The fucking bastards made solo q even worse.From enjoying a game or 2 once in a while it all went to shit.Every game 2/3 new aditions join my ignore list lol.

Is this because you're playing with people with less wins? I can see how this would be a good thing for players with over 1K wins so they don't get matched against people who have like 150 and don't have nearly as much experience.

It matches me with people who have more wins now than previously, and they're actually playing much worse. Only had a big troll today so it's nothing out of the ordinary, but the level of play took a huge hit. Feels like I'm back to equals w/l (while I built up a 70 wins over losses in the last few weeks).
What's the point of playing to improve if the progress's gonna be slowed anyway since every win also puts me closer to those people? :/
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 28 2013 03:44 GMT
#3166
So I hope that when Riot nerfs Kayle (which they surely will whether she needs it or not) they just revert her AP ratio buffs instead of changing something like her Ult. That way I can keep playing AD Kayle in peace.
Freeeeeeedom
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 28 2013 04:01 GMT
#3167
On January 28 2013 12:44 cLutZ wrote:
So I hope that when Riot nerfs Kayle (which they surely will whether she needs it or not) they just revert her AP ratio buffs instead of changing something like her Ult. That way I can keep playing AD Kayle in peace.

I actually don't think they will. I mean I'm hoping for the same thing but Riot reads player feedback and for a long time Kayle has been considered crap. It'd take a lot to convince them to nerf her.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 04:06:51
January 28 2013 04:05 GMT
#3168
On January 28 2013 12:42 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 12:27 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 28 2013 12:14 nafta wrote:
On January 28 2013 11:11 101toss wrote:
On January 28 2013 11:04 nafta wrote:
Could someone explain why last week there have been a lot more trolls lol?Like is it a holiday or something that I am unaware of ^^?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615

Holy shit.It was riot all along.The fucking bastards made solo q even worse.From enjoying a game or 2 once in a while it all went to shit.Every game 2/3 new aditions join my ignore list lol.

Is this because you're playing with people with less wins? I can see how this would be a good thing for players with over 1K wins so they don't get matched against people who have like 150 and don't have nearly as much experience.

It matches me with people who have more wins now than previously, and they're actually playing much worse. Only had a big troll today so it's nothing out of the ordinary, but the level of play took a huge hit. Feels like I'm back to equals w/l (while I built up a 70 wins over losses in the last few weeks).
What's the point of playing to improve if the progress's gonna be slowed anyway since every win also puts me closer to those people? :/

Think it only really affects the lower elo ranges. Since the player pool is much smaller towards the higher end. It does much better at allowing you to avoid smurfs that are just going to stomp. If you truly are much better than the people with similar amount of wins, the climb should be quicker.

Trolls happen at any elo, regardless of amount of wins.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 28 2013 04:06 GMT
#3169
It's not in ranked, though, it's in normals. I agree that it should be better in ranked games near 1100-1400 Elo, but still...
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
jadoth
Profile Joined December 2011
694 Posts
January 28 2013 04:14 GMT
#3170
On January 28 2013 13:06 Alaric wrote:
It's not in ranked, though, it's in normals. I agree that it should be better in ranked games near 1100-1400 Elo, but still...


Lyte's post says it is in ranked.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
January 28 2013 04:33 GMT
#3171
On January 28 2013 13:14 jadoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 13:06 Alaric wrote:
It's not in ranked, though, it's in normals. I agree that it should be better in ranked games near 1100-1400 Elo, but still...


Lyte's post says it is in ranked.

He is having the issue in normals, not ranked.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 28 2013 04:36 GMT
#3172
I should go through my history and try to look for it, but I seem to recall a post explaining that they did it for the match-making in general, and not only ranked (which includes Dominion for example, not just TT and SR ranked ladders).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 28 2013 04:37 GMT
#3173
On January 28 2013 13:01 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 12:44 cLutZ wrote:
So I hope that when Riot nerfs Kayle (which they surely will whether she needs it or not) they just revert her AP ratio buffs instead of changing something like her Ult. That way I can keep playing AD Kayle in peace.

I actually don't think they will. I mean I'm hoping for the same thing but Riot reads player feedback and for a long time Kayle has been considered crap. It'd take a lot to convince them to nerf her.


I hope you are right, I mean, Kayle is strong now, but that is really because of Non-Kayle things being FOTM like AD Assassin Mids and Towerdiving, which Kayle is strong against.
Freeeeeeedom
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
January 28 2013 04:38 GMT
#3174
On January 28 2013 13:36 Alaric wrote:
I should go through my history and try to look for it, but I seem to recall a post explaining that they did it for the match-making in general, and not only ranked (which includes Dominion for example, not just TT and SR ranked ladders).


The matchmaker will now take into account the Number of Wins a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).
Its in the link posted up a little bit.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 28 2013 04:56 GMT
#3175
On January 28 2013 13:37 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 13:01 obesechicken13 wrote:
On January 28 2013 12:44 cLutZ wrote:
So I hope that when Riot nerfs Kayle (which they surely will whether she needs it or not) they just revert her AP ratio buffs instead of changing something like her Ult. That way I can keep playing AD Kayle in peace.

I actually don't think they will. I mean I'm hoping for the same thing but Riot reads player feedback and for a long time Kayle has been considered crap. It'd take a lot to convince them to nerf her.


I hope you are right, I mean, Kayle is strong now, but that is really because of Non-Kayle things being FOTM like AD Assassin Mids and Towerdiving, which Kayle is strong against.

She shoves super easily and dunks a lot of standard mids just because her mobility is so superior to theirs, allowing her to apply her vastly superior dps. Sure there are counters to that, but she's also a very good deterrent against roaming because longer ranged or not, if she catches you in river she's going to kill you.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
January 28 2013 04:58 GMT
#3176
Doublelift thinks Trundle is secret op. Not sure I buy that. He can ult and pillar... that's about it. Granted I haven't used him in season 3 at all I think so I am speaking from a position of some ignorance, but I still have a hard time seeing it.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
CatharsisUT
Profile Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
January 28 2013 04:58 GMT
#3177
So I'm now sitting at a 7 minute queue for blind pick normals...and I'm not good. So far not a fan of the new matchmaking.
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
January 28 2013 05:00 GMT
#3178
Kayle is strong because armour/mr shred is strong.
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
January 28 2013 05:05 GMT
#3179
On January 28 2013 13:58 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Doublelift thinks Trundle is secret op. Not sure I buy that. He can ult and pillar... that's about it. Granted I haven't used him in season 3 at all I think so I am speaking from a position of some ignorance, but I still have a hard time seeing it.


I don't know dude, every time I've seen oddone play trundle on stream in soloq he's gotten a lot of kills as him.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 28 2013 05:14 GMT
#3180
I must be the only person in the world having a harder time as Kayle. Must bcuz I'm still playing her top.
I think she's still playable. I definitely like her.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 599
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam363
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21298
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur745
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 1m
Patches Events
17h 1m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.