• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:45
CEST 16:45
KST 23:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7398 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 151

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 220 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
January 27 2013 00:49 GMT
#3001
That Rammus icon is for beta testers.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Dark_Luster
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)438 Posts
January 27 2013 00:50 GMT
#3002
On January 25 2013 15:35 randomKo_Orean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 13:31 Chexx wrote:
On January 25 2013 13:22 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:58 MoonBear wrote:
Heartbeattt running 1 Crit Red on his AD Rune page lol

Is he famous or something...?


He is the ADC of MRN who qualified for the LCS recently.

Oh. He was on UCSD CSL team for BW. I didnt know he was that good o.o


hi hyung ^~^

i can give u guys a reasoning for crit rune.
crit chance scales harder than 1 ad more into the game. you don't lose significant early game by losing -1 ad, but
you DO get a significant advantage in lane if you happen to crit your opponent while trading. it's a slim chance, but it happens.
note my last game during LCS qualifiers vs DNG, i crit ecko's graves while poking him under tower, and he was forced to miss 20 creeps. but apart from luck, 1% crit chance scales pretty hard as u get your crit item pd/shiv.
#1 Horangee fan
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
January 27 2013 00:53 GMT
#3003
Playing QL casually I met people I would join up with and chat with and play games with regularly and quake has virtually no social aspect. I think my experience is different from spelly's in that I haven't really made casual friends in this game, but not for the same reasons. For me it's because I absolutely hate being on a "fuck around" team. To me, that's just not a way of enjoying my playtime, not because I Wanna Be The Very Best, The Best There Ever Was but because I just get incredibly bored messing around. So for me the inability to make casual friends in this game has to do with it being a team game, and keeping up those social connections not really being compatible with having fun.

I have a long time friend/bro who uninstalled a while back, he just recently reinstalled and quietly removed all his real life friends so he wouldn't have to play with them. He likes messing around, but jesus christ trolling gets dull after a while and unless you have either six or ten people you can't really go head to head.

Then we get to making tryhard friends: the problem here is all you see is someone's performance. if I friend a random person, all I have to go on is that they are either clearly worse than me, or about the same as me and bad, or clearly better than me. none of these make me want to hang out with them. unless you're terrifically entertaining in chat I will basically never friend you. meeting people in game just seems hopeless to me, it's like, I need a third party site, but there aren't any.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
January 27 2013 00:58 GMT
#3004
On January 27 2013 09:50 Dark_Luster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 15:35 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On January 25 2013 13:31 Chexx wrote:
On January 25 2013 13:22 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:58 MoonBear wrote:
Heartbeattt running 1 Crit Red on his AD Rune page lol

Is he famous or something...?


He is the ADC of MRN who qualified for the LCS recently.

Oh. He was on UCSD CSL team for BW. I didnt know he was that good o.o


hi hyung ^~^

i can give u guys a reasoning for crit rune.
crit chance scales harder than 1 ad more into the game. you don't lose significant early game by losing -1 ad, but
you DO get a significant advantage in lane if you happen to crit your opponent while trading. it's a slim chance, but it happens.
note my last game during LCS qualifiers vs DNG, i crit ecko's graves while poking him under tower, and he was forced to miss 20 creeps. but apart from luck, 1% crit chance scales pretty hard as u get your crit item pd/shiv.

wait

people don't normally run 1 crit rune?
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
January 27 2013 01:06 GMT
#3005
Haha, everything comes back around again eventually in this thread. Hasn't this argument over the one crit rune been had before?
Zero fighting.
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
January 27 2013 01:07 GMT
#3006
On January 27 2013 09:39 LaNague wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 27 2013 09:15 spellsy wrote:
idk, what are your opinions on this? :

What I dislike most about LoL: The Community

Now, before we get into this circlejerk I do not mean the "toxic players". TBH, coming from a background in DotA / competitive side of WoW, the "toxic player" situation is rather tame. This post is about the communities that surround LoL, and the social relationships in-game.

Currently, I have my friends list divided into a few categories which somewhat symbolize my social relationships in this game. I have a competitive category, a content-creator category, a RL category, a general category, and a "Friend" category. While I am a serious gamer, I like to take games lightheartedly. I often prefer playing with friends on VOIP, chilling doing random crazy things or experimenting or just playing a standard game to relax. This is where my "Friends" category comes in, these are the people who I regularly hang out with and when I log onto LoL after a long day of class/work I check who is on and ask them to play.

However, as of the last few weeks I have noticed something in particular. Most of these people are not people who I met playing LoL, they are mostly friends from my previous historys in DotA or WoW. That despite playing WoW back in my middle years of High School, and here I am graduating college this semester, I have probably more friends from those connections than I have gained in my 2 years of playing LoL. And while, maybe this is just because I am taking in less friends, or being more anti-social or whatever, I have been thinking and I believe it is in part to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its a flaw in game design or that Riot should change something, but I've just found the LoL experience to be so impersonal. Every solo Q is with 9 random people, rarely running into the same person twice (until I got high elo). The communities are so big and over-saturated that only really content-creators and famous people stick out. There is very little memorable discussion (most of it is easy to digest, short and simple content with maybe the lowest levels of discussion), and even if there is you won't remember their names when you read their next comment on a post a week later. I've tried to find some decently sized community which I crave from being a forum-nerd back in DotA, but to no avail despite trying LoLreddit, solomid, team liquid, or even trying to create discussion on sites like lolking, lolpro, or other random blog sites.

I don't know if its just me, but I just find it a bit sad how I feel no real comradery between this community. Theres nobody who just wants to take a break from LoL for a bit and play ns2 with, or talk about spec ops: the line, or just link funny youtube videos. The social connections are almost simply based on performance, and people just want to hit the solo Q button again and again.

I don't know if this is actually a problem, or if its just me. And if it is a problem I don't know a solution, I'm just kinda sad .


i think you want the mmo feeling, but this is just a multiplayer game, not a mmo. MMos are all abou the social aspect, multiplayer games about gameplay.



no, because i have more experience in dota than WoW, i only listed WoW as an example cause i personally went from WoW --> dota --> LoL, so saying that i have connections from WoW means for like several of years. In dota there was plenty social aspect with leagues, forums, etc.. I still browse some forums that i used to frequent when playing dota when I havnt been interested in over a year for the off-topic etc.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 27 2013 01:10 GMT
#3007
I met more cool dudes playing LoL than playing SC2.

Which is to say, in SC2 i met exactly zero.
I mean, I played with my RL friends and shit, but I didn't MEET anybody ingame.

In LoL, at least there were a couple of those people.


I do not share the sentiments.

TL LoL is not the best forum eva (sry guys), but it's decent enough.

I'm relatively happy as is.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
January 27 2013 01:11 GMT
#3008
On January 27 2013 09:47 LoCicero wrote:
What do Santa Nashor and the icon next to it (to the right) mean?

[image loading]


good player, beta reward?
Porouscloud - NA LoL
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 27 2013 01:13 GMT
#3009
On January 27 2013 09:49 Sufficiency wrote:
That Rammus icon is for beta testers.

P sure it's top 500 Elo beta.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 01:23:11
January 27 2013 01:15 GMT
#3010
On January 27 2013 07:30 fishinguy wrote:
Is it a good idea to rush rage blade on jax after phage? The pure amount of stats on this thing is ridiculous and jax can use every single stat effectively.....


Not especially. Bilgewater cutlass is generally superior. Gives you sustain and lets you stick to people better with the active.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 01:18:54
January 27 2013 01:17 GMT
#3011
spellsy is right. I had a discussion about this with howard, on how to improve the game. What made stuff like WoW and Brood war so amazing was that you so quickly and easily made friends in small communities that you stumbled upon whenevr you played with some dude who thought you were a cool guy. You could log on every evening and play with the same guys meeting in some chat channel. There was random shit you could do like all the UMSes in BW or 2v2v2v2 BGH or 1v1 with obs or 2v2's or FFAs or in WoW you had PvP and PvE and PvP global events and leveling smurfs etc.

There's nothing like that in SC2, or LoL. The games are so huge while brood war was smaller and you selected what games you joined, in WoW servers kept to a minimum size. LoL needs a way to foster small communities. Preferably some sort of low elo tournaments or fun things like ionia vs noxus etc.
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
January 27 2013 01:19 GMT
#3012
best game mode to farm IP?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 27 2013 01:30 GMT
#3013
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 27 2013 09:15 spellsy wrote:
idk, what are your opinions on this? :

What I dislike most about LoL: The Community

Now, before we get into this circlejerk I do not mean the "toxic players". TBH, coming from a background in DotA / competitive side of WoW, the "toxic player" situation is rather tame. This post is about the communities that surround LoL, and the social relationships in-game.

Currently, I have my friends list divided into a few categories which somewhat symbolize my social relationships in this game. I have a competitive category, a content-creator category, a RL category, a general category, and a "Friend" category. While I am a serious gamer, I like to take games lightheartedly. I often prefer playing with friends on VOIP, chilling doing random crazy things or experimenting or just playing a standard game to relax. This is where my "Friends" category comes in, these are the people who I regularly hang out with and when I log onto LoL after a long day of class/work I check who is on and ask them to play.

However, as of the last few weeks I have noticed something in particular. Most of these people are not people who I met playing LoL, they are mostly friends from my previous historys in DotA or WoW. That despite playing WoW back in my middle years of High School, and here I am graduating college this semester, I have probably more friends from those connections than I have gained in my 2 years of playing LoL. And while, maybe this is just because I am taking in less friends, or being more anti-social or whatever, I have been thinking and I believe it is in part to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its a flaw in game design or that Riot should change something, but I've just found the LoL experience to be so impersonal. Every solo Q is with 9 random people, rarely running into the same person twice (until I got high elo). The communities are so big and over-saturated that only really content-creators and famous people stick out. There is very little memorable discussion (most of it is easy to digest, short and simple content with maybe the lowest levels of discussion), and even if there is you won't remember their names when you read their next comment on a post a week later. I've tried to find some decently sized community which I crave from being a forum-nerd back in DotA, but to no avail despite trying LoLreddit, solomid, team liquid, or even trying to create discussion on sites like lolking, lolpro, or other random blog sites.

I don't know if its just me, but I just find it a bit sad how I feel no real comradery between this community. Theres nobody who just wants to take a break from LoL for a bit and play ns2 with, or talk about spec ops: the line, or just link funny youtube videos. The social connections are almost simply based on performance, and people just want to hit the solo Q button again and again.

I don't know if this is actually a problem, or if its just me. And if it is a problem I don't know a solution, I'm just kinda sad .



I've never been able to find friends like you have. Probably cuz I don't play as hardcore or play mmos.

I have however been able to stay in touch with RL friends, remet a high school friend, and found a coworker who plays LoL. We 5manned yesterday night.

It is unfortunate. LoL doesn't lend to that same degree of social interaction. I know people who met each other from WoW and started dating. I can't imagine that happening in LoL.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4682 Posts
January 27 2013 01:32 GMT
#3014
On January 27 2013 10:30 obesechicken13 wrote:
I know people who met each other from WoW and started dating. I can't imagine that happening in LoL.


Remember your first words to me? "Hey Nunu, why didn't you fucking ice ball him! Fucking noob!"

How romantic.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
January 27 2013 01:38 GMT
#3015
On January 27 2013 10:32 hasuprotoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 10:30 obesechicken13 wrote:
I know people who met each other from WoW and started dating. I can't imagine that happening in LoL.


Remember your first words to me? "Hey Nunu, why didn't you fucking ice ball him! Fucking noob!"

How romantic.


It's funny you mention this as it's eerily similar to the exact same line I've used on friend I still talk to often, she's quite nice. Tad off but nice.

-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 01:50:22
January 27 2013 01:45 GMT
#3016
Lol has ruined my real life relationships. multiplayer games in general but especially lol. It takes 1 game or so for me to go off on any of them for being so bad.

On January 27 2013 10:19 nosliw wrote:
best game mode to farm IP?

dommie games easy. They have per game ip bonus's that get doubled that are set apart from the usual per minute ip rewards.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 02:14:18
January 27 2013 01:54 GMT
#3017
On January 27 2013 10:07 spellsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 09:39 LaNague wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 27 2013 09:15 spellsy wrote:
idk, what are your opinions on this? :

What I dislike most about LoL: The Community

Now, before we get into this circlejerk I do not mean the "toxic players". TBH, coming from a background in DotA / competitive side of WoW, the "toxic player" situation is rather tame. This post is about the communities that surround LoL, and the social relationships in-game.

Currently, I have my friends list divided into a few categories which somewhat symbolize my social relationships in this game. I have a competitive category, a content-creator category, a RL category, a general category, and a "Friend" category. While I am a serious gamer, I like to take games lightheartedly. I often prefer playing with friends on VOIP, chilling doing random crazy things or experimenting or just playing a standard game to relax. This is where my "Friends" category comes in, these are the people who I regularly hang out with and when I log onto LoL after a long day of class/work I check who is on and ask them to play.

However, as of the last few weeks I have noticed something in particular. Most of these people are not people who I met playing LoL, they are mostly friends from my previous historys in DotA or WoW. That despite playing WoW back in my middle years of High School, and here I am graduating college this semester, I have probably more friends from those connections than I have gained in my 2 years of playing LoL. And while, maybe this is just because I am taking in less friends, or being more anti-social or whatever, I have been thinking and I believe it is in part to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its a flaw in game design or that Riot should change something, but I've just found the LoL experience to be so impersonal. Every solo Q is with 9 random people, rarely running into the same person twice (until I got high elo). The communities are so big and over-saturated that only really content-creators and famous people stick out. There is very little memorable discussion (most of it is easy to digest, short and simple content with maybe the lowest levels of discussion), and even if there is you won't remember their names when you read their next comment on a post a week later. I've tried to find some decently sized community which I crave from being a forum-nerd back in DotA, but to no avail despite trying LoLreddit, solomid, team liquid, or even trying to create discussion on sites like lolking, lolpro, or other random blog sites.

I don't know if its just me, but I just find it a bit sad how I feel no real comradery between this community. Theres nobody who just wants to take a break from LoL for a bit and play ns2 with, or talk about spec ops: the line, or just link funny youtube videos. The social connections are almost simply based on performance, and people just want to hit the solo Q button again and again.

I don't know if this is actually a problem, or if its just me. And if it is a problem I don't know a solution, I'm just kinda sad .


i think you want the mmo feeling, but this is just a multiplayer game, not a mmo. MMos are all abou the social aspect, multiplayer games about gameplay.



no, because i have more experience in dota than WoW, i only listed WoW as an example cause i personally went from WoW --> dota --> LoL, so saying that i have connections from WoW means for like several of years. In dota there was plenty social aspect with leagues, forums, etc.. I still browse some forums that i used to frequent when playing dota when I havnt been interested in over a year for the off-topic etc.

The reason you made friends easier in Dota(or I did) was that for quite some people it went like this. You entered a custom WCIII game of dota (AP NO NOOBS PRO ONLY) w/e. You entered the game, 9 people joined, you had fun, then during the end of the game you went /w X name and say:

Go re?Same name? you would make friends this way because it was all custom games and not matchmaking. Once you have made friends with people in pubs due to the custom game system you would perhaps look to more competitive stuff and get into CW/Scrim ircs and one thing leads to another.

Neither LoL nor the current Dota 2 has this as it is all matchmaking and randoms. At best people after the game will be like duo que? but part of the fun things in Dota 1 was that you could go again and play again (also against that same stack, that same opponent) and not lose or win anything(although LoL is more ''tryhard'' at pub level I suppose). No attachments, no items, no IP, no nothing, just fun.

WoW is obviously more of a social game but so was Dota 1 in a way, bear in mind that WC3 customs was also a great avenue to play more games on then just Dota, in LoL there is ARAM and maybe 3v3/Dominion. In WC3 there were tons of awesome(and useless customs). As has been pointed out aswell, large communities means it becomes a lot less personal. Look at Teamliquid BW and Teamliquid SC2 as an example. Everyone knew each other in BW during the days when BW was still going strong. You knew most posters, their preferences for players, their quirks etc. SC2 however is like a city with people passing each other by, it is too large. The same goes LoL. I think the LoL subcommunity on TL however is of a size so that so that most people know each other.

I have the same thing too, most of the people I play Dota 2/LoL with I know from outside of the game, be it through forums, IRC or other games.
WriterXiao8~~
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
January 27 2013 02:02 GMT
#3018
Has riot ever said why the portrait beside the item slots doesn't reflect the skin the person is using? It always seems kind of off in game especially if i'm using a skin that completely changes the champ's look (ie. not a re-color). The minimap icons being the same makes sense, but i've always wondered why the portrait doesn't change.

And although i barely play annie i'm probably going to have to buy her lunar skin just for Tibbers and the re-call animation XD
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 27 2013 02:07 GMT
#3019
On January 27 2013 09:15 spellsy wrote:
idk, what are your opinions on this? :

What I dislike most about LoL: The Community

Now, before we get into this circlejerk I do not mean the "toxic players". TBH, coming from a background in DotA / competitive side of WoW, the "toxic player" situation is rather tame. This post is about the communities that surround LoL, and the social relationships in-game.

Currently, I have my friends list divided into a few categories which somewhat symbolize my social relationships in this game. I have a competitive category, a content-creator category, a RL category, a general category, and a "Friend" category. While I am a serious gamer, I like to take games lightheartedly. I often prefer playing with friends on VOIP, chilling doing random crazy things or experimenting or just playing a standard game to relax. This is where my "Friends" category comes in, these are the people who I regularly hang out with and when I log onto LoL after a long day of class/work I check who is on and ask them to play.

However, as of the last few weeks I have noticed something in particular. Most of these people are not people who I met playing LoL, they are mostly friends from my previous historys in DotA or WoW. That despite playing WoW back in my middle years of High School, and here I am graduating college this semester, I have probably more friends from those connections than I have gained in my 2 years of playing LoL. And while, maybe this is just because I am taking in less friends, or being more anti-social or whatever, I have been thinking and I believe it is in part to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its a flaw in game design or that Riot should change something, but I've just found the LoL experience to be so impersonal. Every solo Q is with 9 random people, rarely running into the same person twice (until I got high elo). The communities are so big and over-saturated that only really content-creators and famous people stick out. There is very little memorable discussion (most of it is easy to digest, short and simple content with maybe the lowest levels of discussion), and even if there is you won't remember their names when you read their next comment on a post a week later. I've tried to find some decently sized community which I crave from being a forum-nerd back in DotA, but to no avail despite trying LoLreddit, solomid, team liquid, or even trying to create discussion on sites like lolking, lolpro, or other random blog sites.

I don't know if its just me, but I just find it a bit sad how I feel no real comradery between this community. Theres nobody who just wants to take a break from LoL for a bit and play ns2 with, or talk about spec ops: the line, or just link funny youtube videos. The social connections are almost simply based on performance, and people just want to hit the solo Q button again and again.

I don't know if this is actually a problem, or if its just me. And if it is a problem I don't know a solution, I'm just kinda sad .

go to channel liquidpractice
ask people for normals
play games, develop camaraderie

in big communities you have to carve out your own zone.
sure everyone wants to be the guy with 10000 twitch followers and be friends with the best players but honestly just find your own small little community

most of the people i play league with have been friends of friends, hell, i met some of them through street fighter
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
January 27 2013 02:28 GMT
#3020
On January 27 2013 11:02 Parametric wrote:
Has riot ever said why the portrait beside the item slots doesn't reflect the skin the person is using? It always seems kind of off in game especially if i'm using a skin that completely changes the champ's look (ie. not a re-color). The minimap icons being the same makes sense, but i've always wondered why the portrait doesn't change.

And although i barely play annie i'm probably going to have to buy her lunar skin just for Tibbers and the re-call animation XD


I've always wondered this as well, big pet peeve of mine. Not sure how much effort it would be for them to change but it would add value to skin purchases.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1468
WardiTV974
OGKoka 261
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 261
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7740
Bisu 1966
Shuttle 981
Horang2 786
Larva 552
Stork 479
EffOrt 388
BeSt 361
actioN 271
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
Light 190
Mind 134
hero 133
Rush 127
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 72
Mong 66
Barracks 62
Sea.KH 60
Shinee 53
Yoon 45
JYJ 42
sorry 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 27
Killer 26
Sexy 24
Shine 23
Aegong 22
HiyA 18
soO 16
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 13
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Free 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5230
qojqva2578
Dendi1010
febbydoto31
Counter-Strike
fl0m3457
Fnx 520
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko512
Other Games
singsing2915
hiko1029
B2W.Neo944
TKL 528
Livibee351
XBOCT259
Liquid`VortiX216
Hui .215
XaKoH 163
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3461
• Jankos2190
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 15m
Replay Cast
8h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.