• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:52
CEST 19:52
KST 02:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9831 users

[Patch 1.0.0.153: Preseason Balance Update 1] GD - Page 311

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 309 310 311 312 313 451 Next
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 06 2013 21:04 GMT
#6201
On January 07 2013 05:58 MoonBear wrote:
Was WX's analysis about his personal thoughts alone or also about solo queue? I wonder if his views are also influenced from team play where he knows there will be peel/support/etc and his main focus is killing things. I also wonder how much builds and playstyles change shifting from team play to solo queue play.

I think he might be undervaluing PD. Iirc it's still the biggest crit stick and one of the few MS items for an AD (?) even if it was nerfed a lot. Also curious what his standard build for other AD Carries is.

He states that he has tried several items in ranked. He does not mention anything about competitive team play, so take from that what you will.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 06 2013 21:05 GMT
#6202
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

See, then at the point where you've got IBC+Shiv, you've spent 6k gold and still have absolutely no AD from items and so you do no damage.
Moderator
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
January 06 2013 21:05 GMT
#6203
Is Neo Here?
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
January 06 2013 21:06 GMT
#6204
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.


Personally I'm not a huge fan of IBG either, but you are also forgetting that EZ's passive gives him AS.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 06 2013 21:06 GMT
#6205
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 05:56 Numy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:48 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:44 nafta wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:42 Yagami wrote:
I asked Fnatic.Rekless on stream what does he thinks about trinity force on Ezreal and he said that it was too expensive and you should invest that money on IE/PD for better stats.

Now Weixiao says you should get TF on Ezreal....

I'm confused , help me please



Trinity force is stronger for early/mid and ie/pd for late.That's about it lol.Also I'd listen to weixiao about ad if he says something over anyone else :D.

Unless you play at the same level as Weixiao you have to take it with a grain of salt. As it was stated, he's good enough he can kite without needing IBG, but someone's whose mechanics aren't at the same level can abuse the ranged AOE slow that IBG provides (at 1100 range with Q) to make up for their lack of raw skill.


Or they could just work on their raw skill. I guess it depends what your intentions are when you play the game. Do you just want to play for fun or improvement? If for fun why are you worrying what's the very best when you can just work with what is almost best but more fun for you?

Why not both lol? I can build IBG and play and improve my mechanics and have fun and maybe someday realize I'm good enough I don't need it. The point I was trying to make is most people aren't, and never will be, as good as Weixiao so there are builds that he would never consider building that might still work for someone of a lesser skill level.

I could care less what weixiao or any pro thinks. I don't like IBG but if I did I wouldn't change my opinion of it because of him.

Also my mandarin is terrible. So bad that I need translations. I like how he calls corki airplane :D same way Chinese call Starcraft 1 scourge suicide bombers.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 06 2013 21:14 GMT
#6206
On January 07 2013 05:36 BlackMagister wrote:
Elementz went weird items for Lulu. I don't play her, but I don't see how mobility boots and chalice would be helpful. She doesn't have a hard engage to make use of the speed and doesn't spam heals so the mana from chalice would only help in lane.

It seems weird that Elise can just build tanky items and mpen, but she doesn't seem to be as bad as old Cassio.

Her kit bursting at the seems with utility screams "cdr+chalice" to me, but I haven't bought her yet (def. one of my next buys, I just have too many champs to improve right now to pick up an entirely new one), is Lulu's teamfighting that conservative with cooldowns?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 06 2013 21:15 GMT
#6207
Is there like a Chinese league wiki or something?
Bronze player stuck in platinum
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 06 2013 21:16 GMT
#6208
On January 07 2013 06:05 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

See, then at the point where you've got IBC+Shiv, you've spent 6k gold and still have absolutely no AD from items and so you do no damage.

I was just kidding anyway lol.

Basically the entire argument boils down to whether or not you value Utility>Damage, but since the main role of the ADC is to do damage building utility seems counter intuitive to a lot of people. The other issue is you're paying about the some amount of gold for the utility when you could easily just buy the damage instead. This isn't like the Malady on Kog argument for Yellowpete because Malady is cheap, with IBC you're already to the point where you can almost afford IE anyway. IBG makes sense on Ez because applying the slow with Q is super useful, but when it takes away from the primary role of the ADC to do damage in kind of falls apart. Now on Ez Top that's a whole other discussion.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 06 2013 21:25 GMT
#6209
On January 07 2013 06:05 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

See, then at the point where you've got IBC+Shiv, you've spent 6k gold and still have absolutely no AD from items and so you do no damage.

Usually what I see is BT->IBG->LW->IE, rarely do I see IBG and Shiv together.
liftlift > tsm
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 06 2013 21:39 GMT
#6210
On January 07 2013 03:17 Nos- wrote:

As a side note, you might be wondering why I have no armor penetration runes. One of the primary reasons is that the top priority for an ADC in lane is to cs, which is why I have so many ad runes to help with that. A more subtle reason is that I don’t think armor penetration runes are worth it in comparison with its ad counterpart. This is largely due to the new way penetration is calculated.


I'm really curious regarding his "subtle reason". I certainly agree with his primary reason, but it seems extremely odd that he'd argue penetration runes are worse after the change.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 06 2013 21:39 GMT
#6211
On January 07 2013 06:05 jaybrundage wrote:
Is Neo Here?


?

You can PM me you know. :O
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
January 06 2013 21:40 GMT
#6212
On January 07 2013 06:39 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 03:17 Nos- wrote:

As a side note, you might be wondering why I have no armor penetration runes. One of the primary reasons is that the top priority for an ADC in lane is to cs, which is why I have so many ad runes to help with that. A more subtle reason is that I don’t think armor penetration runes are worth it in comparison with its ad counterpart. This is largely due to the new way penetration is calculated.


I'm really curious regarding his "subtle reason". I certainly agree with his primary reason, but it seems extremely odd that he'd argue penetration runes are worse after the change.


they are, their value got lowered you know.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 21:49:16
January 06 2013 21:48 GMT
#6213
On January 07 2013 06:25 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 06:05 TheYango wrote:
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

See, then at the point where you've got IBC+Shiv, you've spent 6k gold and still have absolutely no AD from items and so you do no damage.

Usually what I see is BT->IBG->LW->IE, rarely do I see IBG and Shiv together.

And this exactly has the problem which I stated earlier--when you have 0 attack speed, you don't necessarily end up kiting better, because kiting with 0 bonus attack speed (other than your passive) is actually somewhat clumsy.

On January 07 2013 06:39 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 03:17 Nos- wrote:

As a side note, you might be wondering why I have no armor penetration runes. One of the primary reasons is that the top priority for an ADC in lane is to cs, which is why I have so many ad runes to help with that. A more subtle reason is that I don’t think armor penetration runes are worth it in comparison with its ad counterpart. This is largely due to the new way penetration is calculated.


I'm really curious regarding his "subtle reason". I certainly agree with his primary reason, but it seems extremely odd that he'd argue penetration runes are worse after the change.

The penetration value is lower, and unless you're getting Cleaver or LW early, the new % stacking rules don't benefit you until much later.
Moderator
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 06 2013 21:50 GMT
#6214
On January 07 2013 06:48 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 06:25 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 07 2013 06:05 TheYango wrote:
On January 07 2013 06:03 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

Solution, just build Statikk Shiv and go for maximum Ez Q proc cheese.

See, then at the point where you've got IBC+Shiv, you've spent 6k gold and still have absolutely no AD from items and so you do no damage.

Usually what I see is BT->IBG->LW->IE, rarely do I see IBG and Shiv together.

And this exactly has the problem which I stated earlier--when you have 0 attack speed, you don't necessarily end up kiting better, because kiting with 0 bonus attack speed (other than your passive) is actually somewhat clumsy.


I assume we're still talking about Ez, he does have innate AS through his passive.
Depending if you need that armor pen, you could fit PD, Shiv or even a Zeal before LW.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 06 2013 21:53 GMT
#6215
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

BT -> IBG -> PD -> LW

PS: you're ezreal, q procs on hit and lowers the cooldown on your built-in blink

Have you actually tried IBG or are you just mathcrafting it? I think if you actually built it you'd probably double its perceived value.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 22:05:04
January 06 2013 22:04 GMT
#6216
All the things Weixiao said in regards to items are specifically for Ezreal, although I think he still offers valuable information on the items independent of the heroes using them.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 22:06:20
January 06 2013 22:05 GMT
#6217
On January 07 2013 06:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

BT -> IBG -> PD -> LW

PS: you're ezreal, q procs on hit and lowers the cooldown on your built-in blink

Have you actually tried IBG or are you just mathcrafting it? I think if you actually built it you'd probably double its perceived value.


I've seen it from the other side many times, and it's the most infuriating thing ever playing against it. You could wipe out their front line entirely and you still get kited for days by the 5s cd blink retarded slow on 2s cd ezreal.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
January 06 2013 22:08 GMT
#6218
On January 07 2013 06:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

BT -> IBG -> PD -> LW

PS: you're ezreal, q procs on hit and lowers the cooldown on your built-in blink

Have you actually tried IBG or are you just mathcrafting it? I think if you actually built it you'd probably double its perceived value.


Well I don't think anyone can deny that IBG is offensively worse than TF/IE. It has quite a high amount of wasted stats (The mana is not great, the AP isn't great, the armor is good and the CDR great).

Plus the only thing that IBG has over Phage/TF or even red buff is that it's a small aoe proc. I've played with it on Ez, and it's really fun to be able to zone well with it (enemies need to commit immensely to get to you, and it gives a little bit of high range waveclear), but your damage suffers hugely.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 22:11:08
January 06 2013 22:10 GMT
#6219
Nyjacky playing Eve, but no DFG yet. Seriously. WTF. BUY DFG PLZ. BEST EVE ITEM EVER.

Holy shit, voyboy and st.v pretty much 2v5's nomnom O.o, until nyjacky comes in.
liftlift > tsm
jadoth
Profile Joined December 2011
694 Posts
January 06 2013 22:12 GMT
#6220
On January 07 2013 07:08 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 06:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On January 07 2013 05:54 TheYango wrote:
The fact that IBG doesn't provide any attack speed is a point that I did forget about in yesterday's discussion.

Even if you've got that cute AoE slow, it's still very clumsy to kite with base attack speed.

BT -> IBG -> PD -> LW

PS: you're ezreal, q procs on hit and lowers the cooldown on your built-in blink

Have you actually tried IBG or are you just mathcrafting it? I think if you actually built it you'd probably double its perceived value.


Well I don't think anyone can deny that IBG is offensively worse than TF/IE. It has quite a high amount of wasted stats (The mana is not great, the AP isn't great, the armor is good and the CDR great).

Plus the only thing that IBG has over Phage/TF or even red buff is that it's a small aoe proc. I've played with it on Ez, and it's really fun to be able to zone well with it (enemies need to commit immensely to get to you, and it gives a little bit of high range waveclear), but your damage suffers hugely.


Phage/TF are random procs while IBG is not. That is a very significant difference.
Prev 1 309 310 311 312 313 451 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2093
Dendi833
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1019
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5663
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
Beastyqt667
B2W.Neo604
ceh9489
byalli368
ArmadaUGS167
KnowMe151
Khaldor137
C9.Mang0126
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 73
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• StrangeGG 49
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV431
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 8m
Stellar Fest
19h 8m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.