• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:15
CEST 06:15
KST 13:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7309 users

[Patch 1.0.0.153: Preseason Balance Update 1] GD - Page 296

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 294 295 296 297 298 451 Next
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
January 05 2013 16:56 GMT
#5901
On January 06 2013 01:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 01:32 Cloud9157 wrote:
EU is overall much better than NA imo. Fnatic resurgence while M5+CLG.EU(are they stll called that for now?) are still proving they can hang with the asians. Hell, I have to wonder how SK compares to NA teams, because I want to say even they are better.

A small note I have came up with after seeing the Blitz nerf: Its nice, but its not the issue. For me anyway, the problem is that he has one move that can change the entire flow of a game, in addition to having a larger lane presence than pretty much any other support. His kit is his problem, but they can't even "fix it" without ruining him entirely.

Also, he encourages safe play more than any other champion to me. If one member of your team gets grabbed, its over. No one wants to wander in too far or facecheck bushes out of fear of the giant metal hand grabbing them.

On January 06 2013 01:23 Shikyo wrote:
Hmmm so who does well against the common assassins mid(Kha'Zix, Talon etc)? I've been thinking about Fizz because he seems to be really good agaisnt most melees and can pressure them easily from as soon as level 2. I don't really like assassin vs assassin and going standard ap vs assassin feels like suicide.


Yeah, I'm pretty sure Viktor is the answer. Best champ in the game.

Anyone who can poke decently against them would do ok. Though since half the assassins have sustain (scyther+lee sin come to mind), not sure how good your poke will do.

Honestly, I just try and farm the lane while trying not to die more than once or twice.

Can't say I agree. SK was the only team to drop a game to an NA team at worlds (CLG) and I've never really been that impressed with their performances. Pretty much the biggest thing they accomplished was finishing 2nd at the EU Regionals. I think the top NA teams can beat SK fairly consistently (well maybe not TSM in their current state, but I think Curse, CLG, and Dig could).


I wouldn't really fault SK for their loss to CLG at s2 worlds. anyone who saw that game knows how hard CLG stole that at the end there.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
ExoFun
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2041 Posts
January 05 2013 16:59 GMT
#5902
I think SK is like a top8 of the scene. All the members are medicore
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 05 2013 17:03 GMT
#5903
On January 06 2013 01:56 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 01:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 06 2013 01:32 Cloud9157 wrote:
EU is overall much better than NA imo. Fnatic resurgence while M5+CLG.EU(are they stll called that for now?) are still proving they can hang with the asians. Hell, I have to wonder how SK compares to NA teams, because I want to say even they are better.

A small note I have came up with after seeing the Blitz nerf: Its nice, but its not the issue. For me anyway, the problem is that he has one move that can change the entire flow of a game, in addition to having a larger lane presence than pretty much any other support. His kit is his problem, but they can't even "fix it" without ruining him entirely.

Also, he encourages safe play more than any other champion to me. If one member of your team gets grabbed, its over. No one wants to wander in too far or facecheck bushes out of fear of the giant metal hand grabbing them.

On January 06 2013 01:23 Shikyo wrote:
Hmmm so who does well against the common assassins mid(Kha'Zix, Talon etc)? I've been thinking about Fizz because he seems to be really good agaisnt most melees and can pressure them easily from as soon as level 2. I don't really like assassin vs assassin and going standard ap vs assassin feels like suicide.


Yeah, I'm pretty sure Viktor is the answer. Best champ in the game.

Anyone who can poke decently against them would do ok. Though since half the assassins have sustain (scyther+lee sin come to mind), not sure how good your poke will do.

Honestly, I just try and farm the lane while trying not to die more than once or twice.

Can't say I agree. SK was the only team to drop a game to an NA team at worlds (CLG) and I've never really been that impressed with their performances. Pretty much the biggest thing they accomplished was finishing 2nd at the EU Regionals. I think the top NA teams can beat SK fairly consistently (well maybe not TSM in their current state, but I think Curse, CLG, and Dig could).


I wouldn't really fault SK for their loss to CLG at s2 worlds. anyone who saw that game knows how hard CLG stole that at the end there.

True, but if SK was that much better than CLG they should have been able to crush them in lane harder to the point where they couldn't even take middle inhib so the base race should have never happened. I think SK was better but not that much better, but I think CLG is a better team now, which I can't say the same about SK.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 05 2013 17:33 GMT
#5904
About leaguepedia, some of the information it has is outdated and so I'm generally using leagueoflegends.wikia.com


I think that CLG is all about Doublelift carrying them and thus they're going to be quite vulnerable to strategies centered around shutting Doublelift down because the solo lanes can't really pull their weight. Unless HSGG gets Nidalee, I guess.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 05 2013 17:33 GMT
#5905
holy shit vi is so fun
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
January 05 2013 17:37 GMT
#5906
On January 06 2013 02:33 Shikyo wrote:
About leaguepedia, some of the information it has is outdated and so I'm generally using leagueoflegends.wikia.com


I think that CLG is all about Doublelift carrying them and thus they're going to be quite vulnerable to strategies centered around shutting Doublelift down because the solo lanes can't really pull their weight. Unless HSGG gets Nidalee, I guess.


Wow you really did take a while off. HSGG's nidalee is 100% gone now. the new nidalee is 100% always ad nidalee.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 17:40:24
January 05 2013 17:40 GMT
#5907
On January 06 2013 02:37 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 02:33 Shikyo wrote:
About leaguepedia, some of the information it has is outdated and so I'm generally using leagueoflegends.wikia.com


I think that CLG is all about Doublelift carrying them and thus they're going to be quite vulnerable to strategies centered around shutting Doublelift down because the solo lanes can't really pull their weight. Unless HSGG gets Nidalee, I guess.


Wow you really did take a while off. HSGG's nidalee is 100% gone now. the new nidalee is 100% always ad nidalee.

I definitely did, though I'm pretty sure I saw him play Nidalee in one game where he did well(although I only semi-watched it while playing maple story)

I also saw Nidalee banned vs them~
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
January 05 2013 17:44 GMT
#5908
Yea he did well last time he was on nid, which got her banned the next game.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 05 2013 17:44 GMT
#5909
On January 06 2013 02:40 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 02:37 Sermokala wrote:
On January 06 2013 02:33 Shikyo wrote:
About leaguepedia, some of the information it has is outdated and so I'm generally using leagueoflegends.wikia.com


I think that CLG is all about Doublelift carrying them and thus they're going to be quite vulnerable to strategies centered around shutting Doublelift down because the solo lanes can't really pull their weight. Unless HSGG gets Nidalee, I guess.


Wow you really did take a while off. HSGG's nidalee is 100% gone now. the new nidalee is 100% always ad nidalee.

I definitely did, though I'm pretty sure I saw him play Nidalee in one game where he did well(although I only semi-watched it while playing maple story)

I also saw Nidalee banned vs them~

Yeah, he recently just carried a game with Nid, might have been ESL or something. His Nid is still pretty scary, worthy of the respect ban. Also it limits his already tiny champ pool.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
January 05 2013 18:04 GMT
#5910
Something I have only recently noticed from watching some pro streams (Dyrus and Xpeke) is that they actively toggle camera lock on and off. I suppose this is to better keep track of their champs in teamfights and reduce the amount of screen scrolling needed. Are there other reasons and is this all that common? Should I start doing this?
I got nothin'...
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 18:07:48
January 05 2013 18:06 GMT
#5911
Don't misunderstand me, Rekless is good, but it's nRated who made Fnatic botlane so good.
People always forget the support it's sad.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
January 05 2013 18:07 GMT
#5912
On January 06 2013 03:04 YouGotNothin wrote:
Something I have only recently noticed from watching some pro streams (Dyrus and Xpeke) is that they actively toggle camera lock on and off. I suppose this is to better keep track of their champs in teamfights and reduce the amount of screen scrolling needed. Are there other reasons and is this all that common? Should I start doing this?


I like to hold down space rather than toggle the lock. If it helps you then do it.
No I'm never serious.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 05 2013 18:09 GMT
#5913
i still don't understand how lux having a million damage enormous range nuke on 24s cooldown is balanced LOL
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
January 05 2013 18:28 GMT
#5914
On January 06 2013 03:07 Nytefish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 03:04 YouGotNothin wrote:
Something I have only recently noticed from watching some pro streams (Dyrus and Xpeke) is that they actively toggle camera lock on and off. I suppose this is to better keep track of their champs in teamfights and reduce the amount of screen scrolling needed. Are there other reasons and is this all that common? Should I start doing this?


I like to hold down space rather than toggle the lock. If it helps you then do it.


Ah I guess this is what they are doing, don't know why I've not noticed this before, time to try it out!
I got nothin'...
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
January 05 2013 18:35 GMT
#5915
On January 06 2013 03:28 YouGotNothin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 03:07 Nytefish wrote:
On January 06 2013 03:04 YouGotNothin wrote:
Something I have only recently noticed from watching some pro streams (Dyrus and Xpeke) is that they actively toggle camera lock on and off. I suppose this is to better keep track of their champs in teamfights and reduce the amount of screen scrolling needed. Are there other reasons and is this all that common? Should I start doing this?


I like to hold down space rather than toggle the lock. If it helps you then do it.


Ah I guess this is what they are doing, don't know why I've not noticed this before, time to try it out!


It wasn't until season three that the eye at the bottom changed to locked when you held down space.
Sweet.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 18:39:17
January 05 2013 18:36 GMT
#5916
Prediction: The live qualifiers for Season 3 is going to serve as the public unveiling of Riot's competitive arenas that they were rumored to be building. There were reports Riot is bulding areans for Season 3, the only possible location of the live qualifier that has been mentioned is Riot HQ which could easily be changed, and people have dropped hints that they are going to make a big production of the live qualifiers and there is stuff about it they can't talk about.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
January 05 2013 18:36 GMT
#5917
On January 06 2013 03:09 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
i still don't understand how lux having a million damage enormous range nuke on 24s cooldown is balanced LOL

because she's fairly easy to freefarm vs in lane, pick good scaling champion or assassin, ???, Profit.
Carrilord has arrived.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 05 2013 18:40 GMT
#5918
Can I advertise my stream in the thread I have here if I'm not playing LoL?
It's your boy Guzma!
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 05 2013 18:40 GMT
#5919
On January 06 2013 03:36 Slusher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 03:09 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
i still don't understand how lux having a million damage enormous range nuke on 24s cooldown is balanced LOL

because she's fairly easy to freefarm vs in lane, pick good scaling champion or assassin, ???, Profit.


and then laning phase ends and she's poking your team for half their hp every 30 seconds :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 05 2013 18:41 GMT
#5920
On January 06 2013 03:09 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
i still don't understand how lux having a million damage enormous range nuke on 24s cooldown is balanced LOL

Lux has never been a problem champ imo.... its one of the few very well balanced champs in game...
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 294 295 296 297 298 451 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech127
Nina 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2151
Shuttle 1157
Snow 81
Dewaltoss 58
Noble 49
Bale 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor544
Other Games
summit1g8765
JimRising 638
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft265
Mew2King237
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 17
• Letter146
• Response 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota229
League of Legends
• Lourlo1168
• Rush521
• Stunt234
Other Games
• Scarra666
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 45m
OSC
17h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.