• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6805 users

[Patch 1.0.0.129: Fizz] General Discussion - Page 98

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 158 Next
Want to rage about your latest loss?
Use the QQ thread.
If you whine in GD, you'll get warned.
tobi9999
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1966 Posts
November 23 2011 19:17 GMT
#1941
orianna is the best scrub stomper, it's painfully easy to get kills when you outskill your opponent.

and everytime you get a massive gold lead/full mejais you can flash into their base and put the ball where they spawn and 1 shot them there.

i did this when i was 13-0 at 15 minutes and had a full mejais. at 20 minutes when they surrendered I was 37-0 LOL

annie isn't good, she's just by far the easiest champ to play. (imo at least) no matter how long I haven't played her I can always go to her and do relatively good because she's so easy to play.
"tobi is ur iq 9999? cuz i think it might be u so smart wowowow." -Artosis
Lanzoma
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico813 Posts
November 23 2011 19:33 GMT
#1942
Orianna would be good in solo q if she didn't have so many bad matchups in lane. Same boat as Anivia. If you can make it out of lane phase with good farm and without having your team bent over sideways, her teamfighting presence is boss.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
November 23 2011 19:34 GMT
#1943
I'm liking the +24 gold from kills and assists when I go 21 points into defense tree when I'm jungling. When you end a game 8/x/17 that's an extra 750g, which out does all the passive gold bonus's (ashe e, tf passive, gp q, etc.) Having the choice between it an 1.5% reduced damage I think 750g can give me more than 1.5% reduced damage taken with purchased items.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
November 23 2011 19:36 GMT
#1944
On November 24 2011 04:34 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I'm liking the +24 gold from kills and assists when I go 21 points into defense tree when I'm jungling. When you end a game 8/x/17 that's an extra 750g, which out does all the passive gold bonus's (ashe e, tf passive, gp q, etc.) Having the choice between it an 1.5% reduced damage I think 750g can give me more than 1.5% reduced damage taken with purchased items.

When you have that kind of score you also are playing at a low elo. For higher elos the mastery is crap.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
November 23 2011 19:39 GMT
#1945
So how does the Ranked Teams work? Do I need 5 people to be able to play games or can I do it with 2/3/4?
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 23 2011 19:43 GMT
#1946
On November 24 2011 04:34 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I'm liking the +24 gold from kills and assists when I go 21 points into defense tree when I'm jungling. When you end a game 8/x/17 that's an extra 750g, which out does all the passive gold bonus's (ashe e, tf passive, gp q, etc.) Having the choice between it an 1.5% reduced damage I think 750g can give me more than 1.5% reduced damage taken with purchased items.

To be fair, Honor Guard is awful. It's worse than the tier 1 armor/mr masteries until you pass like 150 armor/mr. Hardly the benchmark you should use for whether a mastery is worth taking.
Moderator
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
November 23 2011 19:44 GMT
#1947
I dont get either of the 17 point masteries in defense. They both suck.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
November 23 2011 19:47 GMT
#1948
On November 24 2011 03:52 Hynda wrote:
Is there any way to actually stop trynd these days? His early lane is one of the best in the game and after he is farmed he can just cleanse you and go to town. havn't played a game as Trynd where I didn't completly destroy and I havn't played against one that didn't either.


Never underestimate the power of the scouts code my friend.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
November 23 2011 20:04 GMT
#1949
On November 24 2011 04:36 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 04:34 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I'm liking the +24 gold from kills and assists when I go 21 points into defense tree when I'm jungling. When you end a game 8/x/17 that's an extra 750g, which out does all the passive gold bonus's (ashe e, tf passive, gp q, etc.) Having the choice between it an 1.5% reduced damage I think 750g can give me more than 1.5% reduced damage taken with purchased items.

When you have that kind of score you also are playing at a low elo. For higher elos the mastery is crap.

I think you underestimate how impossible it is to not get destroyed in lane by rammus/amumu.

And from loci's and all the other super high elo players they get scores not much different to mine (except the jungles I play snowball like an avalanche).
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
November 23 2011 20:10 GMT
#1950
On November 24 2011 04:47 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 03:52 Hynda wrote:
Is there any way to actually stop trynd these days? His early lane is one of the best in the game and after he is farmed he can just cleanse you and go to town. havn't played a game as Trynd where I didn't completly destroy and I havn't played against one that didn't either.


Never underestimate the power of the scouts code my friend.


Teemo's strength against Tryndamere is overstated, I think. Sure blinding him nullifies him for 2-3 seconds, but so does stunning him or knocking him away. Even with the blind, Tryndamere can still chase and kill Teemo pretty easily.
I am the Town Medic.
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
November 23 2011 20:11 GMT
#1951
The point is that Teemo shits on Tryn in lane all day.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 23 2011 20:11 GMT
#1952
On November 24 2011 03:52 Hynda wrote:
Is there any way to actually stop trynd these days? His early lane is one of the best in the game and after he is farmed he can just cleanse you and go to town. havn't played a game as Trynd where I didn't completly destroy and I havn't played against one that didn't either.


suppression, teemo, pantheon, chain cc, mobile teams, kiting teams, janna
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 23 2011 20:12 GMT
#1953
So.....since we don't have a thread, Xerath builds, GO!
Loving him since I bought him.
I've beenn going standard caster crap (ring x2, boots, cata, sorcs, RoA, Dcap, etc) but cominng across a Solomid build, I wonder...is Morello's worth it on Xerath?
I didnt really have too many mana issues with regen yellows/Rings but I wonder if the CDR/AP makes the item worth it on Xerath? I know for sure CDR is huge on him but is Blue enough?

Anyone?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
November 23 2011 20:17 GMT
#1954
First off, I think its generally a bad idea to get more than 1 ring and a cata. Either get 2-3 drings and a deathcap or a cata and possibly a dring if you cant finish a cata or need something before you hit cata. Cata and dring stack fulfil the same role- you dont need both. If you want a ROA, go straight cata.

That being said, dont go ROA on xerath. He doesnt need it. 2-3 rings into a dcap and void staff is the way to go IMO. You can build pure glass cannon because you shouldnt ever actually get hit by anyone. Same reason you wouldnt rush a phage on Caitlyn. Rely on your positioning as damage mitigation.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 23 2011 20:31 GMT
#1955
On November 24 2011 05:11 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 03:52 Hynda wrote:
Is there any way to actually stop trynd these days? His early lane is one of the best in the game and after he is farmed he can just cleanse you and go to town. havn't played a game as Trynd where I didn't completly destroy and I havn't played against one that didn't either.


suppression, teemo, pantheon, chain cc, mobile teams, kiting teams, janna

nah

trynda vs suppression just goes lolqss and kills you, especially if you're malz
twitch.tv/cratonz
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
November 23 2011 20:32 GMT
#1956
Knowing Guitar, he was probably referring to WW.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
November 23 2011 20:33 GMT
#1957
My Xerath runs morello's/dfg and cdr boots deathcap and void staff. You get so much magic pen from w that you can get more out of maxing cdr and blowing that r in seige mode every chance you get. ghost and flash. I use DFG as guys bring them selves into your range so you can go dfg-e-q step back siege up and wrrr.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
November 23 2011 20:36 GMT
#1958
On November 24 2011 05:17 Two_DoWn wrote:
First off, I think its generally a bad idea to get more than 1 ring and a cata. Either get 2-3 drings and a deathcap or a cata and possibly a dring if you cant finish a cata or need something before you hit cata. Cata and dring stack fulfil the same role- you dont need both. If you want a ROA, go straight cata.

That being said, dont go ROA on xerath. He doesnt need it. 2-3 rings into a dcap and void staff is the way to go IMO. You can build pure glass cannon because you shouldnt ever actually get hit by anyone. Same reason you wouldnt rush a phage on Caitlyn. Rely on your positioning as damage mitigation.


I'd think that you'd want to add a giant belt (to later build into rylai's) after completing death cap just as an extra insurance policy. This is particularly strong because Xerath is so damned tanky with his passive. He gets up to 120-150 armor just by whoring AP.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
November 23 2011 20:37 GMT
#1959
I open sorcs, then sell them and trade for cdr boots once I get my void staff. Sorcs are REALLY good early game, and since it isnt guaranteed that you will be in w since the cd is so long, you dont want to count on that passive mpen.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 23 2011 20:37 GMT
#1960
On November 24 2011 04:39 Zhiroo wrote:
So how does the Ranked Teams work? Do I need 5 people to be able to play games or can I do it with 2/3/4?

Solo queue: 1-2
Premade team: 5
twitch.tv/cratonz
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 978
RotterdaM474
TKL 199
SteadfastSC178
Rex112
CosmosSc2 23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 474
ByuN 288
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 112
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37586
Shuttle 2307
Jaedong 987
Horang2 843
Bisu 614
Soulkey 536
Mini 366
Stork 366
EffOrt 306
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 253
actioN 227
Soma 220
Snow 172
ZerO 166
Last 152
Rush 150
firebathero 143
Mong 137
Zeus 99
Free 92
910 77
Hyun 71
Mind 69
Sharp 66
sorry 60
hero 49
PianO 49
Pusan 44
Yoon 40
Shinee 40
Shine 30
JYJ 28
Bale 27
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 21
Aegong 18
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
edward180
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns72043
singsing2312
B2W.Neo320
hiko290
DeMusliM216
Pyrionflax179
Livibee158
Liquid`VortiX61
QueenE54
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1596
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH122
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV448
League of Legends
• Nemesis1540
• Jankos1349
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 52m
The PondCast
20h 52m
INu's Battles
21h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.