• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:54
CEST 18:54
KST 01:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8006 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 45

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 112 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 15 2011 08:46 GMT
#881
On August 15 2011 17:45 dnastyx wrote:
Tell me how Anivia is a humanoid.


her voice sounds human :D
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 15 2011 08:47 GMT
#882
On August 15 2011 17:45 dnastyx wrote:
Tell me how Anivia is a humanoid.


She's not, i forgot about her.
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
August 15 2011 08:54 GMT
#883
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 15 2011 09:04 GMT
#884
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying

Garen super op this patch.

Does anyone know how you can make items smartcast? (such as you click 3 and your ward instantly drops) I can't do it in key bindings but is there another way?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 09:07:23
August 15 2011 09:07 GMT
#885
can't smartcast items, there is no way

On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


I'm pretty sure both those heroes are insane now
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 09:09:38
August 15 2011 09:09 GMT
#886
Not even by editing game files? I'm le sad. Moonbear pass this on to riot plz.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 15 2011 09:11 GMT
#887
On August 15 2011 18:09 HazMat wrote:
Not even by editing game files? I'm le sad. Moonbear pass this on to riot plz.


ok poorly phrased

might be a way but I have never heard of it and it's not conventional if it exists
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
August 15 2011 09:23 GMT
#888
I'm sorry for hunting you Grandim
was fun though:D
You can't milk those!
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 15 2011 09:38 GMT
#889
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
August 15 2011 09:42 GMT
#890
On August 15 2011 18:23 StuffedTurkey wrote:
I'm sorry for hunting you Grandim
was fun though:D


I don't know why I try to play MF bot lane in a normal, you usually get the retarded melee AD who fucks your CS, doesn't do shit so the lane is effectively 1v2 and there's very little leadership so proper team fights just don't happen as much. MF needs a her IE/zeal to function mid/late and she only shine if shes allowed good positioning on the ult. If you get a support its usually a Janna that may shield you shield once or twice during the whole lane phase and who just loves to tornado the creep waves.
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 09:46:23
August 15 2011 09:44 GMT
#891
On August 15 2011 18:38 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.


Garen too strong vs Akali, the matchup only becomes even when Akali gets ult + rylai, at least you should be getting more farm than him.

I may just wait until the nerfs before I ranked again if he becomes a very popular top.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 15 2011 10:06 GMT
#892
What I approve of Garen top: Maokai counters garen (yay!)
In the woods, there lurks..
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 15 2011 10:06 GMT
#893
On August 15 2011 18:44 GranDim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 18:38 zalz wrote:
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.


Garen too strong vs Akali, the matchup only becomes even when Akali gets ult + rylai, at least you should be getting more farm than him.

I may just wait until the nerfs before I ranked again if he becomes a very popular top.


Akali is hit very hard in particular due to the fact that her smoke bomb provides no safety from Garen, he just spins right over it.

Akali has always relied on getting to level 6 before being a real powerhouse but even with that i don't feel that the fight is balanced, it's still in Garens favour.

You dash to him, he reacts with a Q and a spin. The base damage on both his Q and E are enormous and they scale great. Garen can easily bring most champions from 100% to 0% with Q-E ignite - R.

Starting with armor 5 pot or doran shield is probably the best way to go head to head with a garen, but very few champs can. He has trouble with ranged champs so a good Gragas can prolly even things out, but most of the classic solo top champs just get countered completly. The all powerfull Singed is a joke compared to him.
Yttrasil
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden651 Posts
August 15 2011 10:20 GMT
#894
On August 15 2011 18:38 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.


In a sense he is OP in another he's not, we can all agree that his early game is very strong and difficult to counter. The thing is if you don't feed him ridiculously he'll fade away late game like many other heroes, sure he'll be good but not more so than many other top champions. That is how I see rumble and some other characters too, even before patches as long as you don't feed them alot they will deminish over time and that's a part of the game imo. Although I cannot really see why they buffed him but the difference is still about the same lategame.

Just don't expect to be ganking garen, just don't die and he'll not be annoying later in the game.
Meh
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 15 2011 10:24 GMT
#895
When I solo-1v2 against a Garen as Irelia I usually don't feed, since I rely on Equilibrium to stun him every time he comes near (I still eat his Q tho since Equi's animation's so slow), but I can't really prevent him from spin-pushing the wave to me and I still get somewhat outfarmed. Plus he's tough to wound.

How do you build Galio to carry, btw? I was starting Chalice since he's got a lot of mana issues early (can't do without clarity at the moment), but since I saw one farm like mad into buying core items while stacking dr, I usually go for 3 DR, boots, then FoN and armor (usually thornmail if there are 2+ ADs, always fun against Trynda/Jax comps on an ult).
With a BV it costs about 10k gold, so not that hard to get, but even then I feel like I lack HP (armour/resistance amount to about 200 but as I'll only get focused during my ult it's not a problem, I just max his shield 2nd) and damage on my Q.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 10:29:49
August 15 2011 10:27 GMT
#896
On August 15 2011 19:06 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 18:44 GranDim wrote:
On August 15 2011 18:38 zalz wrote:
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.


Garen too strong vs Akali, the matchup only becomes even when Akali gets ult + rylai, at least you should be getting more farm than him.

I may just wait until the nerfs before I ranked again if he becomes a very popular top.


Akali is hit very hard in particular due to the fact that her smoke bomb provides no safety from Garen, he just spins right over it.

Akali has always relied on getting to level 6 before being a real powerhouse but even with that i don't feel that the fight is balanced, it's still in Garens favour.

You dash to him, he reacts with a Q and a spin. The base damage on both his Q and E are enormous and they scale great. Garen can easily bring most champions from 100% to 0% with Q-E ignite - R.

Starting with armor 5 pot or doran shield is probably the best way to go head to head with a garen, but very few champs can. He has trouble with ranged champs so a good Gragas can prolly even things out, but most of the classic solo top champs just get countered completly. The all powerfull Singed is a joke compared to him.


I played the lane a few times already and the standard boots +3 pots is still the way to go, early game its all about the dance where you are trying to keep him away from creeps with harass while staying within safe distance of his Q. Not starting boots probably means getting zoned.

Every single one got juked enough once I got rylai + ult that the trades were about even, you just need to survive and farm until then.
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 10:32:53
August 15 2011 10:30 GMT
#897
On August 15 2011 19:24 Alaric wrote:
When I solo-1v2 against a Garen as Irelia I usually don't feed, since I rely on Equilibrium to stun him every time he comes near (I still eat his Q tho since Equi's animation's so slow), but I can't really prevent him from spin-pushing the wave to me and I still get somewhat outfarmed. Plus he's tough to wound.

How do you build Galio to carry, btw? I was starting Chalice since he's got a lot of mana issues early (can't do without clarity at the moment), but since I saw one farm like mad into buying core items while stacking dr, I usually go for 3 DR, boots, then FoN and armor (usually thornmail if there are 2+ ADs, always fun against Trynda/Jax comps on an ult).
With a BV it costs about 10k gold, so not that hard to get, but even then I feel like I lack HP (armour/resistance amount to about 200 but as I'll only get focused during my ult it's not a problem, I just max his shield 2nd) and damage on my Q.


typically i just build RoA on him and rushing cata will solve your mana issues for early game. and build Q+E equally and one point in W. maxing W last. summoners flash + tele

i get roa, boots, thornmail, abyssal sceptre, bv or GA and then a deathcap but that's my preference lol

when you ult you wanna alt+w and then cast your ult.
BW -> League -> CSGO
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 15 2011 10:46 GMT
#898
Hey Smash

[image loading]

Why is my duo queue so bad?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 15 2011 10:52 GMT
#899
Southlight, there is an "Utahime" on the EU east server, is that you by any chance? o_O
In the woods, there lurks..
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 10:54:10
August 15 2011 10:53 GMT
#900
On August 15 2011 18:38 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 17:54 Phrost wrote:
I feel like I've discovered a new game. I started playing some offbeat champions that recently got buffed (that i havent played in forever) and its hilarious. Galio and Garen have the broadest shoulders for carrying


Garen was OP last patch, for some ridiculous reason they decided to buff him.

He isn't just a strong solo top, he completly shuts down other popular solo tops. Champs like Irelia go from great top to horrible feeders when faced with a Garen.

His level 1 Q deals like 180 damage or something. Considering it resets your auto-atack you are dishing out a hit + a Q, it leaves squishy champs at half hp. Half a second later you flash kill them at level 2 with a Q-E ignite.


For the life of me i can't figure out why it is that Garen has not yet exploded into popularity. Maybe it's because some people still build him tank and they don't notice how OP he is when build damage.


A nerf seems unavoidable for him and truth be told, i think it would have been justified even before he got his buffs.


What? Garen isn't op, lol. He can get very easily shut down in lane by ANY ranged champion and then is useless. We picked teemo vs him in go4lol and he just did nothing that useful all game although he killed teemo once in a mini teamfight.

Any champion is OP if they win there lane. He is strong lane and decently strong in teamfights but to call him OP is retarded considering all the other OP champions like gangplank, orianna or lee sin.
Well I guess leesin/brand are both champions that are "OP if you land skillshots".
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1158
SteadfastSC778
ComeBackTV 755
TaKeTV 544
IndyStarCraft 203
Rex136
EnkiAlexander 72
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 203
Rex 136
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45470
Shuttle 660
Mini 437
Rush 349
Larva 326
Soma 282
BeSt 196
Hyuk 109
firebathero 84
Dewaltoss 76
[ Show more ]
Mong 65
Sexy 33
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 26
Bale 18
Rock 16
Shine 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8228
qojqva1783
Counter-Strike
fl0m1349
Fnx 804
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1615
Khaldor1190
Other Games
hiko1348
FrodaN1184
DeMusliM370
ArmadaUGS186
Livibee179
XBOCT170
KnowMe126
XaKoH 109
Beastyqt98
QueenE97
C9.Mang091
Mew2King78
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 42
• StrangeGG 28
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3976
Other Games
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 6m
Online Event
18h 6m
FEL
23h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.