• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:10
CEST 05:10
KST 12:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10213 users

General Discussion/Off-topic - Page 630

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 628 629 630 631 632 1152 Next
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
April 18 2011 15:49 GMT
#12581
Being behind 10 kills isn't that bad. What dnastyx said is pretty accurate. I usually stick around games where I wait for the enemy team to make a huge mistake where we can capitalize. I'm optimistic to a point where I look for openings where catching one noob => 4v5 => take down mid inhib or something to that extent.

But if the situation has become so bad where even if we catch one guy out of position but we'd still lose 4v5 or if we steal Baron, back safely and would still lose a team fight, the game is pretty much over and I just want a new game.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
April 18 2011 16:13 GMT
#12582
On April 18 2011 23:17 randomKo_Orean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 22:59 57 Corvette wrote:
On April 18 2011 22:39 TL Blazeraid wrote:
Let's talk about surrenders:

I seem to be the only one who likes surrendering hopeless games, so why do YOU vote no?

I'm curious, I want to know.


There are some situations I know are completely hopeless (everyone on our team lvl 8, every opponent lvl 12, 1-10 score) that I will surrender. Usually if they are pushing into our base and destroying the towers before the minions die,its GG. However, there was a game i played yesterday where the opponents were pretty fed earlygame (5-10 score or something similar) and pushed us all the way back to our inhibitor turret, and my teammates were put through 2 surrender votes where one of our teammates wouldn't surrender. As time went on though, we started making a comeback (it helped getting warmogs and a couple other high-tier items), and eventually pushed the opponents into their base and they surrendered.

If you are not 100% you are going to lose, then you shouldn't surrender. If they are not 3-4 levels ahead of your team and they are not pushing into your base with an unstoppable force of champions, then don't surrender.



I've won where we went 0-10 before. Because the first baron didn't go to them.


Well, going 0-10 on Summoners Rift is considerably less devastating compared to 0-10 on TT
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
April 18 2011 16:18 GMT
#12583
#1 command to win games. /ignore all
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
April 18 2011 17:06 GMT
#12584
On April 18 2011 22:39 TL Blazeraid wrote:
Let's talk about surrenders:

I seem to be the only one who likes surrendering hopeless games, so why do YOU vote no?

I'm curious, I want to know.

because noobs doesnt deserve a ff
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 18 2011 17:09 GMT
#12585
I rarely surrender unless i have very bad team mate with extremely low morale and feed like 10 times in the first 20 mins.
I fucking hate noobs that see a early game disadvantage and immediately cast a surrender vote and then do it over and over again. These people are annoying -_-.
Terran
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
April 18 2011 17:21 GMT
#12586
Something like a fed Karthus or Irelia is impossible to deal with while almost anything else is manageable. What's even more important than comp is how tryhard bad the other team is. If it's obvious they are bad then they WILL make more mistakes than you later. So basically surrender quick vs good teams, never surrender vs bad ones.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
April 18 2011 18:40 GMT
#12587
Any ideas whether there will be holiday runes for easter?
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
April 18 2011 18:42 GMT
#12588
On April 19 2011 03:40 spinesheath wrote:
Any ideas whether there will be holiday runes for easter?

Doubt it, since nearest patch is gonna be after easter
Haato
Profile Joined March 2011
Mexico81 Posts
April 18 2011 18:43 GMT
#12589
would just love a permanent reduction on t3 rune costs, was buying tier1 runes on a new account and laughing at the price ratios :/
death is easy, comedy is hard
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23421 Posts
April 18 2011 18:58 GMT
#12590
You know riot wants you to spend money on their game right?
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
April 18 2011 19:33 GMT
#12591
On April 19 2011 03:43 Haato wrote:
would just love a permanent reduction on t3 rune costs, was buying tier1 runes on a new account and laughing at the price ratios :/


Conspiracy Mode

Riot's Motto is something like 'we don't sell (direct) advantages'
This motto just happens to be a convenient bi-product of profit maxing micro transaction company.
Reasoning:
Runes are IP (useful) sinks. Rune pricing seems to be determined by obviously useful = more expensive.

The only way Riot would give a permanent reduction in T3 prices would be to introduce a T4 and revise T4 prices.

EXAMPLE: mp5/lvl Blues and Yellows or Armor yellows will probably be significantly more expensive because everyone now knows that they are extremely valuable.

I forsee in the future riot allowing RP to be purchased in any whole number $ amount.

TL;DR
RP = Gift Card
Champions = IP Sink
IP = Bait
Rune Prices = Deliberate IP sink setup
Evidence: IP per Game Adjustment and Champion Price Reduction
FADC
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 20:18:06
April 18 2011 20:14 GMT
#12592
I have not found a free game with cash transactions whose model separates power/cash as well as LoL. The grind is acceptable, the "power requirement" in games is low, and it's not based on some convoluted rare drop/proc system.

I think a big part of it is that there are enough cheap runes that are useful on many champs, and also that the 450 champs are viable in the highest tiers of play (except maybe kayle )

On surrendering: I'm inclined to vote no in ranked, but I usually wait too see if the vote hinges on me before voting no. In normals I'm inclined to vote yes, I generally consider them practice games, and unless there is a definite chance of winning I'm content to requeue and try again.
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 20:53:55
April 18 2011 20:53 GMT
#12593
I remember a game last night I think actually where we were something like 6-12 and down a dragon or two, but they had a much weaker late game comp + I was fed Mundo + I was Mundo, who surrenders when he pleases + their Kennen was super noob and actually died to me in lane. A couple times.
Anyways my point is I usually don't surrender until solo pushing is impossible or they have an inhibitor down at least.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
April 18 2011 21:02 GMT
#12594
On April 18 2011 17:49 MyXoMoPBL wrote:
[image loading]
always fun to duo with dyrus......

1/14 and still best cs in the game, too good.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
April 18 2011 21:06 GMT
#12595
Cause Singed farming so hard...
zzz
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
April 18 2011 21:22 GMT
#12596
Hmmm i wonder if the matchmaking in EU is really broken. I duo-triple queue with my friends (my EU acc is lvl 23, they are like lvl 10 and lvl 13) and once in 2-3 games either side gets 1600-1900 Elo player. 4 people under lvl 30 and 1 high ranked Elo lvl 30 o.o
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
April 18 2011 21:26 GMT
#12597
On April 18 2011 22:39 TL Blazeraid wrote:
Let's talk about surrenders:

I seem to be the only one who likes surrendering hopeless games, so why do YOU vote no?

I'm curious, I want to know.


I usually hit yes when it seems hopeless, unless im playing with you in which i default to no even if I wasnt trolling you before.
Stealthpenguin
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland393 Posts
April 18 2011 22:12 GMT
#12598
Sometimes I vote no in unwinnable games when we have some raging dude yelling at team to vote yes.

My only problem with the rp/ip system setup is runepages, fucking runepages. 6300 ip is a shitload for just one. If I want to be able to play akali and udyr I pretty much need two pages that are only useful on those two champs.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 22:17:20
April 18 2011 22:16 GMT
#12599
one by one all the ridiculously overefficient durability items have fallen

sunfire
frozen heart
randuins
locket
banshee's
guardian
spirit visage
doran's ring
doran's blade
heart of gold

many of these weren't considered particularly good until those one step higher in the broken hierarchy were felled

what is the next evolution? I ask you gentlemen

my bet: philo stone + double doran's ring or shield

I think philo stone is secretly way overefficient
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
TL Blazeraid
Profile Joined January 2011
566 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 22:20:24
April 18 2011 22:19 GMT
#12600
Next step = aegis

Philo is fine being cost efficient because of the build routes, and its stats being shitty for team fights.
Prev 1 628 629 630 631 632 1152 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings135
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10381
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto16
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
hungrybox110
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.