• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:26
CEST 02:26
KST 09:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

General Discussion/Off-topic - Page 620

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 618 619 620 621 622 1152 Next
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 14 2011 18:19 GMT
#12381
On April 15 2011 03:17 mrgerry wrote:
Really off-topic but I'm meeting with a Siew Wong. How would I pronounce Siew? Google couldn't help me out qq

she-ow except faster

also, xiao, shiow
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
April 14 2011 18:20 GMT
#12382
Oh wow, brighter health bars are gonna help me so much! Thanks Juicy, losing track of my champion in teamfights happened way too often. This should fix it.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 18:29:30
April 14 2011 18:23 GMT
#12383
On April 15 2011 03:17 mrgerry wrote:
Really off-topic but I'm meeting with a Siew Wong. How would I pronounce Siew? Google couldn't help me out qq

If they are Chinese, then Siew looks a lot like a Romanization of "Xiu," and any white guy that pronounces Xiu as "Siew" is trying hard enough as far as I'm concerned.

Idk why people are suddenly devaluing cloth + 5pots as an opening, it's probably one of the most cost-efficient uses of 475 gold. The cloth armor serves the same purpose as the potions for me, to keep me alive and strong during early laning. Potions don't build into anything later either, but I chug em like gatorade.

Then again these same players probably overvalued cloth+5 in the first place, so I suppose they'll be encouraged to try other openings.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
April 14 2011 18:23 GMT
#12384
how can you lose track of an ugly purple blob
And all is illuminated.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 14 2011 18:28 GMT
#12385
On April 15 2011 03:23 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 03:17 mrgerry wrote:
Really off-topic but I'm meeting with a Siew Wong. How would I pronounce Siew? Google couldn't help me out qq

If they are Chinese, then Siew looks a lot like a Romanization of "Xiu," and any white guy that pronounces Xiu as "Siew" is trying hard enough as far as I'm concerned.

they're singaporean brah so yeah they chinese
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 18:55:00
April 14 2011 18:53 GMT
#12386
Why is everyone so sad about getting aegis? It's like the best item in the game for its cost. You defend your whole team just by having them in aura radius. I try to get aegis on every jungler/tank/support I play if nobody else is getting it. It's hard to see how much aegis does because its split over a lot of people but stats wise its amazing.



On April 14 2011 13:34 Caphe wrote:
Fuck, so I got to lv30 yesterday. Played my first ranked game with Annie. Go 3-0 first 20 mins while bot Jarvan was feeding.
We lost with my 5/4/14 stats. Nonsense of the game people is everywhere I guess.


I was like 8/0/12 in 20 minutes during my first 5 ranked games as annie :D. Everyone was really terrible. You should really be ganking the lane if someone is feeding there.

Like going 0/8 doesn't mean you're the worst player in the world. 2 Early kills in lane absolutely fucks you and you're going to get dominated, you really need jungerl/mid lane to stop the bleed.

Try going 0/3 intentionally in a normal and try to comeback easily. If you're sitting in lane feeding off 1 guy while your whole team suffers then its just bad play.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 14 2011 18:59 GMT
#12387
THe real way to win in ranked is to be able to win when your behind early. I can give the other team 8 or so kills before I start to feel like im in trouble if im against 1400 players. As they get better that number shrinks.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 19:33:16
April 14 2011 19:31 GMT
#12388
On April 15 2011 03:23 Flakes wrote:
Idk why people are suddenly devaluing cloth + 5pots as an opening, it's probably one of the most cost-efficient uses of 475 gold. The cloth armor serves the same purpose as the potions for me, to keep me alive and strong during early laning. Potions don't build into anything later either, but I chug em like gatorade.

Then again these same players probably overvalued cloth+5 in the first place, so I suppose they'll be encouraged to try other openings.

The thing about Cloth+5pot IMO is that if you're going to go all-out for laning, and not using the cloth for anything later, you may as well just go bead+6pot. Particularly since cloth's 2 main build paths are no longer that good (well, one is not really great for laners anymore and the other is nonexistent), I don't see why you'd start cloth except against lanes where you're 100% dealing with physical damage issues (Panth, Urgot, Renekton, etc.).
Moderator
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 19:59:09
April 14 2011 19:57 GMT
#12389
On April 15 2011 04:31 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 03:23 Flakes wrote:
Idk why people are suddenly devaluing cloth + 5pots as an opening, it's probably one of the most cost-efficient uses of 475 gold. The cloth armor serves the same purpose as the potions for me, to keep me alive and strong during early laning. Potions don't build into anything later either, but I chug em like gatorade.

Then again these same players probably overvalued cloth+5 in the first place, so I suppose they'll be encouraged to try other openings.

The thing about Cloth+5pot IMO is that if you're going to go all-out for laning, and not using the cloth for anything later, you may as well just go bead+6pot. Particularly since cloth's 2 main build paths are no longer that good (well, one is not really great for laners anymore and the other is nonexistent), I don't see why you'd start cloth except against lanes where you're 100% dealing with physical damage issues (Panth, Urgot, Renekton, etc.).

Save it for a Guardian Angel? That item is good on any carry vs physical damage.

And I hope people arent going for cloth +5 vs a caster in lane without expecting to face a physical because that would be so.. dumb.

Even so, assuming youre gonna keep that cloth armor the 18 is often used well one way or the other.
Its better than dorans shield opening on most anyways
In the woods, there lurks..
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 14 2011 20:03 GMT
#12390
On April 15 2011 02:34 Mogwai wrote:
Wriggle's is still sprstrong IMO.

^

It's still #1 lifesteal item IMOIMO. 18% lifesteal with efficient damage and armor and wards is still crazy.

18% lifesteal = 675 gold worth of lifesteal
23 AD = 943 gold worth of AD
30 Armor = 500 gold worth of Armor

over 2100 gold worth of item off of 1600 gold without even counting the wards. Assuming you use everything, the item is still batshit crazy efficiency. Assuming you get at least 4 wards out of it (lol), it's over 167% gold efficient.

dblade on the other hand gives you

10 AD = 410 gold worth of AD
100 HP = 264 gold worth of HP
3% lifesteal = 113 gold worth of lifesteal

~165% gold efficient and it takes up more item slots to give similar midgame stats.

*shrugs* I don't get why people just assumed it was killed for laners (especially ones who build more AD to take advantage of the extra lifesteal).
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 20:09:40
April 14 2011 20:08 GMT
#12391
The thing that's always bugged me about Wriggle's on laners is how much of a commitment it is. It's not that big of a deal on junglers because they tend to build smaller chunk items, but on a laner, when you start collecting Wriggle's parts, you're sort of committed to finishing it if you really want to make good on it's value. As such, DBlades seem nicer because if you end up doing well (get some good ganks into your lane/a tower) you can push up the schedule on your BF Sword/other big items by skipping the 2nd/3rd Dblades. With Wriggle's, if you've finished Razors, you feel sort of silly sitting on Razors, and then backing with 1800 gold for your BF Sword.

Maybe it's just an irrational opinion I have. It's not that I think it lost a ton with the changes, but I wasn't a huge fan of Wriggles over Dblade stacking to begin with, and pretty much the only significant advantage I saw in Wriggles was the "oh look, I chain-procced 3 times and got a free HP pot" factor.
Moderator
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
April 14 2011 20:11 GMT
#12392
On April 15 2011 03:53 Slayer91 wrote:
Why is everyone so sad about getting aegis? (...)

Because if every tanky jungler will go cloth first and then turn it into aegis and aegis becomes viable choice again Riot will nerf it for 13531500th time
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
April 14 2011 20:18 GMT
#12393
Is redpot + 6x hp pots / redpot + ward + 4x hp pots a good idea to open up with now, for champions who don't want to build wriggle's?

Getting lots of hp pots will more often than not more than pay for its cost 'cause you can weather harassment better, last hit as much as you like, and maybe even zone the opposition- and now that cloth + 5x pots can't lead to HoG anymore, I guess elixirs are comparatively stronger.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 14 2011 20:18 GMT
#12394
On April 15 2011 05:08 TheYango wrote:
The thing that's always bugged me about Wriggle's on laners is how much of a commitment it is. It's not that big of a deal on junglers because they tend to build smaller chunk items, but on a laner, when you start collecting Wriggle's parts, you're sort of committed to finishing it if you really want to make good on it's value. As such, DBlades seem nicer because if you end up doing well (get some good ganks into your lane/a tower) you can push up the schedule on your BF Sword/other big items by skipping the 2nd/3rd Dblades. With Wriggle's, if you've finished Razors, you feel sort of silly sitting on Razors, and then backing with 1800 gold for your BF Sword.

Maybe it's just an irrational opinion I have. It's not that I think it lost a ton with the changes, but I wasn't a huge fan of Wriggles over Dblade stacking to begin with, and pretty much the only significant advantage I saw in Wriggles was the "oh look, I chain-procced 3 times and got a free HP pot" factor.

no it's totally rational and I've made the same argument in threads about how d-blades are too strong back when you could open d-blade + pot. but I think the fact that you have no potion off of doran's has changed my mind on the whole matter because of how much I love cloth + 5 hp pots. Then again, I play melee guys who like that armor more than ranged guys, so that might also have something to do with it.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
April 14 2011 20:57 GMT
#12395
On April 15 2011 03:19 Caller wrote:
she-ow except faster

also, xiao, shiow

Thanks you my best friend. Retire SpudParty --> Create ParkJAYHyuk Party
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
April 14 2011 21:30 GMT
#12396
Re: Cloth 5pots laning: I use this a lot in bottom lane against anyone with physical damage (most likely still will), and I never start bead when I go bottom. Cloth armor at least gives you some extra survivability against burst, though it obviously depends on who you're against.

Bead openings don't make sense for bottom lane imo but they're quite usable for sololaning.

And yeah, the Wriggles change really isn't that big a deal. 75 gold extra combine cost is peanuts, and yeah ok you don't quite lifesteal as much any more, but it averages out to only around 35 hp less lifestealing per 5 attacks (meaningless for junglers who are full HP anyway) so it's not a huge hit to an absurdly efficient item.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
April 14 2011 21:33 GMT
#12397
On April 15 2011 04:57 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:31 TheYango wrote:
On April 15 2011 03:23 Flakes wrote:
Idk why people are suddenly devaluing cloth + 5pots as an opening, it's probably one of the most cost-efficient uses of 475 gold. The cloth armor serves the same purpose as the potions for me, to keep me alive and strong during early laning. Potions don't build into anything later either, but I chug em like gatorade.

Then again these same players probably overvalued cloth+5 in the first place, so I suppose they'll be encouraged to try other openings.

The thing about Cloth+5pot IMO is that if you're going to go all-out for laning, and not using the cloth for anything later, you may as well just go bead+6pot. Particularly since cloth's 2 main build paths are no longer that good (well, one is not really great for laners anymore and the other is nonexistent), I don't see why you'd start cloth except against lanes where you're 100% dealing with physical damage issues (Panth, Urgot, Renekton, etc.).

Save it for a Guardian Angel? That item is good on any carry vs physical damage.

And I hope people arent going for cloth +5 vs a caster in lane without expecting to face a physical because that would be so.. dumb.

Even so, assuming youre gonna keep that cloth armor the 18 is often used well one way or the other.
Its better than dorans shield opening on most anyways

Actually, if you can win your lane by running up to X caster and autoattacking him while you take less damage from minions because of cloth, then it might still be a good choice.

I don't have a particular matchup in mind for this, and maybe there isn't one like this. Well I guess against Vlad it might give you that little bit of lasting power that you might need to push him off the minions...
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
April 14 2011 22:55 GMT
#12398
Cloth+5 is even better than most opening except maybe beads+6 against casters. Basically their zoning power relies on their mana pool getting you very low. If you are a laner with healing i.e nasus/renektron/irelia/leesin/morde/soraka/shen/cho/anyone with wriggles basically you just need to trade blows with them and eventually they're oom and you are regenerating. If you aren't confident you just need to wait for them to try to auto you so they draw creeps as well before jumping on them. If they blow spells and dont auto you, you can use pots.

Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 14 2011 22:58 GMT
#12399
So we just came back from 4-29 score in a smurf game cos I was tryndamere and none of them had armor wut
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 23:08:13
April 14 2011 23:01 GMT
#12400
I won a game. I didn't lose a game yesterday. I won like 5 games.


EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1nfylnmvi7ju06


Pretty epic game. Yes, I know all the mistakes, all the mistakes I made. But game was pretty epic, it was IOV vs three members of XXX, me, and one guy from DOA.

/discuss

User was warned for this post


Wow, warn for an ad. Real....
Prev 1 618 619 620 621 622 1152 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft336
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft336
ViBE140
CosmosSc2 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 589
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever675
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox502
Other Games
summit1g7981
shahzam608
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0262
Maynarde129
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick911
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen117
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 34m
Stellar Fest
12h 34m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.