• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9576 users

General Discussion/Off-topic - Page 621

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 619 620 621 622 623 1152 Next
Zeddicus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States239 Posts
April 14 2011 23:06 GMT
#12401
Hey, I was looking for some advice. Ryze is my best champion. I'm by far most comfortable with him. I'm lvl 19, about to hit 20, and have like 14000 IP banked up. I want to buy up a bunch of runes when I get the level 3 ones unlocked, but from what I understand, runes that work best for Ryze wouldn't be really any good for any other champion. Should I give up my beloved Ryze? Is there a good comprimise? Other champions I like are Fiddle, Annie, and Soraka. What do you think?
jtbem
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada1404 Posts
April 14 2011 23:06 GMT
#12402
so how do i open replays? do i need a special program or something
aka Sowelulol
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
April 14 2011 23:07 GMT
#12403
On April 15 2011 08:06 jtbem wrote:
so how do i open replays? do i need a special program or something


You need LoL replay.

and wtf, it's not an ad. Click top right, mediafire makes you have ads if you upload stuff to their site.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
April 14 2011 23:10 GMT
#12404
i literally cannot believe i was banned for a week for a joke insult to smashgizmo in the WW thread. in the meantime there has been sooooooooooooooo much bad posting i can't even begin to touch on it. this forum huh. people should stop posting so much strategy and theorycrafting until they actually try stuff. you're gonna post really bad ideas and bad players are going to think they're good and then those bad players are going to end up in my game, going jungle olaf starting with E and vamp scepter :wtf:
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
April 14 2011 23:13 GMT
#12405
On April 15 2011 08:06 Zeddicus wrote:
Hey, I was looking for some advice. Ryze is my best champion. I'm by far most comfortable with him. I'm lvl 19, about to hit 20, and have like 14000 IP banked up. I want to buy up a bunch of runes when I get the level 3 ones unlocked, but from what I understand, runes that work best for Ryze wouldn't be really any good for any other champion. Should I give up my beloved Ryze? Is there a good comprimise? Other champions I like are Fiddle, Annie, and Soraka. What do you think?

You can get magic pen runes, which are still pretty good on Ryze but work on any caster.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 14 2011 23:18 GMT
#12406
On April 15 2011 08:06 Zeddicus wrote:
Hey, I was looking for some advice. Ryze is my best champion. I'm by far most comfortable with him. I'm lvl 19, about to hit 20, and have like 14000 IP banked up. I want to buy up a bunch of runes when I get the level 3 ones unlocked, but from what I understand, runes that work best for Ryze wouldn't be really any good for any other champion. Should I give up my beloved Ryze? Is there a good comprimise? Other champions I like are Fiddle, Annie, and Soraka. What do you think?

Get MPen marks, armor seals, and MR/lvl glyphs. MPen marks work for any caster, so those are a must. Other casters generally like ability power or mana regen for yellows/blues, while Ryze wants mana--getting defensive stats like armor/MR meets in the middle, giving you stats that everyone likes, including non-caster champs.

For quints, you might want MPen, HP, or movespeed, depending on what other champs you play (all are OK on Ryze).
Moderator
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
April 14 2011 23:27 GMT
#12407
On April 15 2011 08:18 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 08:06 Zeddicus wrote:
Hey, I was looking for some advice. Ryze is my best champion. I'm by far most comfortable with him. I'm lvl 19, about to hit 20, and have like 14000 IP banked up. I want to buy up a bunch of runes when I get the level 3 ones unlocked, but from what I understand, runes that work best for Ryze wouldn't be really any good for any other champion. Should I give up my beloved Ryze? Is there a good comprimise? Other champions I like are Fiddle, Annie, and Soraka. What do you think?

Get MPen marks, armor seals, and MR/lvl glyphs. MPen marks work for any caster, so those are a must. Other casters generally like ability power or mana regen for yellows/blues, while Ryze wants mana--getting defensive stats like armor/MR meets in the middle, giving you stats that everyone likes, including non-caster champs.

For quints, you might want MPen, HP, or movespeed, depending on what other champs you play (all are OK on Ryze).


For quints some people use AP on generic caster pages. It might be useful in your case given that you a lot of caster types.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 15 2011 00:02 GMT
#12408
I'd rather get mana regen than armor on Ryze for seals, makes your laning alot better and that's his strongest part. The 13 armor that you get really doesn't matter alot since they're the most useful during the laning and mana regen strenghtens your laning more. After you get the frozen heart the 13 armor doesn't really even matter.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 15 2011 00:06 GMT
#12409
On April 15 2011 08:27 BloodNinja wrote:
For quints some people use AP on generic caster pages. It might be useful in your case given that you a lot of caster types.

AP is an option for a generic caster page, but they're terrible for Ryze.
Moderator
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 15 2011 00:12 GMT
#12410
Much rather get 3 mpen quints especially on Ryze, although on most other casters they're better as well.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
April 15 2011 00:19 GMT
#12411
Mpen is great for champions with low AP ratios, like Ryze. Other champs that might like mpen might be Fiddle, Brand (his passive scales with mpen but not AP), Teemo, etc.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
April 15 2011 00:40 GMT
#12412
Any one know how to open up 2 vent channels? And how I could only listen in on 1 and talk on the other?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
April 15 2011 00:45 GMT
#12413
On April 15 2011 09:40 HazMat wrote:
Any one know how to open up 2 vent channels? And how I could only listen in on 1 and talk on the other?


sounds like you can do this:

http://www.overclock.net/other-software/446045-how-run-two-instances-ventrilo.html

and change the push to talk key for the one you want to talk on
it's my first day
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
April 15 2011 00:52 GMT
#12414
On April 15 2011 09:45 myopia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:40 HazMat wrote:
Any one know how to open up 2 vent channels? And how I could only listen in on 1 and talk on the other?


sounds like you can do this:

http://www.overclock.net/other-software/446045-how-run-two-instances-ventrilo.html

and change the push to talk key for the one you want to talk on

dam googling for me. You are a great man.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
April 15 2011 01:02 GMT
#12415
I earn my ELOs any way I can
it's my first day
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 01:24:36
April 15 2011 01:23 GMT
#12416
On April 15 2011 08:01 0123456789 wrote:
I won a game. I didn't lose a game yesterday. I won like 5 games.


EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1nfylnmvi7ju06


Pretty epic game. Yes, I know all the mistakes, all the mistakes I made. But game was pretty epic, it was IOV vs three members of XXX, me, and one guy from DOA.

/discuss

User was warned for this post


Wow, warn for an ad. Real....


Why a warning for posting a replay of an epic game? Unless I'm missing something???

EDIT: I apologise if wrong place to ask this. >_< Not sure where I should comment on this ruling.
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 01:55:37
April 15 2011 01:50 GMT
#12417
Nocturne's ult #1 spectator friendly ability -__-

NiceJob TL is this for 2-0? i just got on

Edit: Must have been some goofy picks, team TL with arrow autodeath comp versus DAO's tanky team that does no damage.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
April 15 2011 01:51 GMT
#12418
yes. You missed me playing!
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 02:34:23
April 15 2011 02:32 GMT
#12419
So if the ladder reset visible elo to 1200 but doesn't change the hidden matchmaking rating, couldn't you tank to 0 before the reset and then have a free ride up to 8k visible rating? You'd just have to massgame before the terrible people you're getting paired against drop to their actual elo and stop giving you points disproportionate to difficulty
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 15 2011 02:43 GMT
#12420
On April 15 2011 11:32 UniversalSnip wrote:
So if the ladder reset visible elo to 1200 but doesn't change the hidden matchmaking rating, couldn't you tank to 0 before the reset and then have a free ride up to 8k visible rating? You'd just have to massgame before the terrible people you're getting paired against drop to their actual elo and stop giving you points disproportionate to difficulty

Is there any proof that matchmaking doesn't use your visible Elo for ranked matchmaking?

There's no reason for people to call it Elo if it's not an Elo system, meaning that there is no "hidden matchmaking rating".
Moderator
Prev 1 619 620 621 622 623 1152 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 568
Artosis 360
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 479
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1397
Other Games
summit1g7603
shahzam520
byalli342
C9.Mang0226
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
14h 24m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.