• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:31
CEST 21:31
KST 04:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9271 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 448

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
June 23 2015 14:18 GMT
#8941
Not to mention having to judge when to use Divine Shield, which can be a pain to do in QM when everyone rushes in except the hero that should be getting said Divine Shield.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 23 2015 14:28 GMT
#8942
Luckily they made it so it is obvious you've got DS on you now. It used to be I'd DS an Illidan who was getting assaulted and he'd just leap away because it wasn't too clear he was invulnerable.
Wat
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
June 23 2015 14:28 GMT
#8943
Spend my gold for me guys. Just got my 10k gold for a new hero, was thinking to get sylvanas, whom I enjoyed playing the other week when she was on free rotation. But then I hear there are new heroes coming out soon. Butcher I believe is one.

Undecided, save and wait, or spend spend spend. I'm inclined to go with sylv, it's always nice to snap her up first in hero league.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 23 2015 14:30 GMT
#8944
Butcher will be 15k when he first gets released. Unless you're swimming in gold at least wait for him to be discounted to 10k which happens after (I think?) 2 weeks.

Sylv is also essential to have in your hero lineup. No idea if Butcher will be or not.
Wat
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
June 23 2015 14:35 GMT
#8945
On June 23 2015 23:30 Tenks wrote:
Butcher will be 15k when he first gets released. Unless you're swimming in gold at least wait for him to be discounted to 10k which happens after (I think?) 2 weeks.

Sylv is also essential to have in your hero lineup. No idea if Butcher will be or not.


Only just clipped the 10k yesterday. So 15k is a way off. And I wont waste real money on a hero. So I guess I have my answer if butcher is going to be 15k. Maybe I'll regret this if butcher turns out to be OP on release, but they seemed to of found a nice balance with johanna in this regard.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 23 2015 14:38 GMT
#8946
I guess it hasn't been 100% confirmed he will be 15k but I wouldn't imagine he'd be less
Wat
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
June 23 2015 14:40 GMT
#8947
I do seem to recall sylv being 15 on release week, not sure when this was lowered.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 23 2015 14:42 GMT
#8948
On June 23 2015 23:40 fruity. wrote:
I do seem to recall sylv being 15 on release week, not sure when this was lowered.


KT and Johanna were as well. I think they do this with every released hero so it doesn't completely flood the player pool (unless you're willing to fork over cash, of course )
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 14:43:31
June 23 2015 14:43 GMT
#8949
On June 23 2015 23:40 fruity. wrote:
I do seem to recall sylv being 15 on release week, not sure when this was lowered.


She was. Then I think lowered to 10k after a two week period. That seems to be their standard order.
Wat
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
June 23 2015 14:54 GMT
#8950
On June 23 2015 23:35 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 23:30 Tenks wrote:
Butcher will be 15k when he first gets released. Unless you're swimming in gold at least wait for him to be discounted to 10k which happens after (I think?) 2 weeks.

Sylv is also essential to have in your hero lineup. No idea if Butcher will be or not.


Only just clipped the 10k yesterday. So 15k is a way off. And I wont waste real money on a hero. So I guess I have my answer if butcher is going to be 15k. Maybe I'll regret this if butcher turns out to be OP on release, but they seemed to of found a nice balance with johanna in this regard.

Johanna isn't really balanced. Kael'Thas, Sylvanna and Lost Vikings are still a lot stronger than standard heroes. Usually most of the heroes that they release are too strong and then they are nerfed eventually. I will grind 15k for Butcher(got 11k now) but not because I think that he will be OP but because he looks like a really fun hero to play. And if he doesn't end up being what I think he will be, I will probably get Kerrigan/Zagara/Azmodan. Can't wait for Butcher's talents though.

And yes, he will be 15k unless they change their policy about freshly released heroes.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
June 23 2015 15:00 GMT
#8951
As far as I know new heroes are 15k gold when they are released, usually they're released along with a bundle that gives that hero + a skin. Probably to encourage players to buy it for real or to get them to spend more gold

After two weeks the hero drops to 10k.
This has been the case so far with all of the new heroes I've seen added.

If you want to grind gold, best way is to get multiple heroes to level 5.
You'll get 500 gold for each hero you level to that.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 23 2015 15:04 GMT
#8952
On June 23 2015 23:54 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 23:35 fruity. wrote:
On June 23 2015 23:30 Tenks wrote:
Butcher will be 15k when he first gets released. Unless you're swimming in gold at least wait for him to be discounted to 10k which happens after (I think?) 2 weeks.

Sylv is also essential to have in your hero lineup. No idea if Butcher will be or not.


Only just clipped the 10k yesterday. So 15k is a way off. And I wont waste real money on a hero. So I guess I have my answer if butcher is going to be 15k. Maybe I'll regret this if butcher turns out to be OP on release, but they seemed to of found a nice balance with johanna in this regard.

Johanna isn't really balanced. Kael'Thas, Sylvanna and Lost Vikings are still a lot stronger than standard heroes. Usually most of the heroes that they release are too strong and then they are nerfed eventually. I will grind 15k for Butcher(got 11k now) but not because I think that he will be OP but because he looks like a really fun hero to play. And if he doesn't end up being what I think he will be, I will probably get Kerrigan/Zagara/Azmodan. Can't wait for Butcher's talents though.

And yes, he will be 15k unless they change their policy about freshly released heroes.


Johanna's fine.

She's a really good tank but she doesn't change matches in the way that KT/Sylv/TLV do. She has her weaknesses.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 23 2015 15:12 GMT
#8953
I'm actually really starting to dig on Johanna and I feel the competitive scene is also realizing her potential. Now that her build has become somewhat standardized (the most common build is far and away from most theorycrafted builds) she feels stronger. I didn't care for her when she was first released but now that Knight Takes Pawn is realized and her waveclear is amazing, her sustain is amazing, her disrupt is amazing and if you go Burning + Hammer at 13/16 her damage in an actual fight can really add up as well. Not sure if she is OP but she certainly is a top-tier warrior.
Wat
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
June 23 2015 15:14 GMT
#8954
Johanna has so much CC in her kit that she always was going to emerge as one of the top warriors. Again, it just depends upon what a team needs out of their warrior(s). If peeling comes at a premium, she's the one.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
June 23 2015 15:15 GMT
#8955
On June 24 2015 00:00 Thezzy wrote:
As far as I know new heroes are 15k gold when they are released, usually they're released along with a bundle that gives that hero + a skin. Probably to encourage players to buy it for real or to get them to spend more gold

After two weeks the hero drops to 10k.
This has been the case so far with all of the new heroes I've seen added.

If you want to grind gold, best way is to get multiple heroes to level 5.
You'll get 500 gold for each hero you level to that.


Yeah, only heroes I have who aren't > level 5 are vikings,. abathur and johanna.

Another good way to make gold is to keep the low value quests. There's 8 dailies in total I believe, 3 are high value, like 800g, 600g. So if you keep the low value quests undone, then you're more likely to get the high value quests, and over time, will make more money.

Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
June 23 2015 15:19 GMT
#8956
On June 24 2015 00:04 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 23:54 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On June 23 2015 23:35 fruity. wrote:
On June 23 2015 23:30 Tenks wrote:
Butcher will be 15k when he first gets released. Unless you're swimming in gold at least wait for him to be discounted to 10k which happens after (I think?) 2 weeks.

Sylv is also essential to have in your hero lineup. No idea if Butcher will be or not.


Only just clipped the 10k yesterday. So 15k is a way off. And I wont waste real money on a hero. So I guess I have my answer if butcher is going to be 15k. Maybe I'll regret this if butcher turns out to be OP on release, but they seemed to of found a nice balance with johanna in this regard.

Johanna isn't really balanced. Kael'Thas, Sylvanna and Lost Vikings are still a lot stronger than standard heroes. Usually most of the heroes that they release are too strong and then they are nerfed eventually. I will grind 15k for Butcher(got 11k now) but not because I think that he will be OP but because he looks like a really fun hero to play. And if he doesn't end up being what I think he will be, I will probably get Kerrigan/Zagara/Azmodan. Can't wait for Butcher's talents though.

And yes, he will be 15k unless they change their policy about freshly released heroes.


Johanna's fine.

She's a really good tank but she doesn't change matches in the way that KT/Sylv/TLV do. She has her weaknesses.

If your strengths overcome your weaknesses then having a weakness doesn't mean much. She is fine in a sense that she isn't doing anything too crazy like Vikings and Sylvannas do but she is still cc-heavy Warrior that can tank a lot and has enormous AoE blind that is almost too good(and they are nerfing that for a reason in the next patch IIRC). Comparing her to other Warriors, I don't think that there are too much of them that can do her job equally good, let alone surpass her at that.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 23 2015 15:20 GMT
#8957
On June 24 2015 00:14 xDaunt wrote:
Johanna has so much CC in her kit that she always was going to emerge as one of the top warriors. Again, it just depends upon what a team needs out of their warrior(s). If peeling comes at a premium, she's the one.


She is also a complete middle finger to any channeled ult. Which not to say they're popular at all in the meta but if RS Nazeebo was still popular you just go W talent at 7 and sprint towards Naz to disrupt. It seems awkward since they said Stitches' mini-stun in slam was unacceptable for such a low cooldown but you can get battle momentum and your W is up just as much as Slam.
Wat
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 23 2015 15:30 GMT
#8958
I would rate Johanna the most imbalanced since a long time (if you ignore the Kael bug xD ). She denies any form of engage and because of her shield and unstoppable she can create a big gap between teams so that you don't see from were the rest of the team will poke, while Johanna can keep a nice vision on your team.

While the others are strong on their own. Johanna is way to strong with a poke composition. She will be the only target, one that can't be stunned if played well and blocks any form of auto attack damage (which is often needed against tanks).

But well they are addressing this with the Blind mechanic change.
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
June 23 2015 15:47 GMT
#8959
The only thing I've seen with Johanna so far is that she just doesn't die, especially once she hits level 20.
Rehgar especially can heal her while she's shielded, making it much easier to land Ancestral.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
June 23 2015 15:52 GMT
#8960
Johanna is wayyy too strong lol. So much cc, unkillable, unstoppable, her + KT is basically a free win with the aoe regroup +flamestrike combo.
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM942
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 942
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 144
MaxPax 140
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4333
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 18
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie865
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.