• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 434

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 432 433 434 435 436 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
June 08 2015 22:58 GMT
#8661
On June 09 2015 07:09 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 06:22 Zeon0 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I think I found my favorite hero(es) :D

Hah. I've been joking with people that my next hero league guide will be much shorter than Hero League 101. My new simple theory of success is in hero league is just pick Vikings every game. The split laning nonsense, at worst, completely nullifies all of your team's early game fuck ups. What's more insidious, however, is how deceptively good these little bastards are at teamfighting. I can't think of another hero that has an easier time getting into the enemy back line and disrupting the hell out of it --- and this is coming from someone who mains Zeratul. My favorite thing to do is to bait the enemy team to blow their cooldowns on me, at which point I just jump or bust out the SS Cancer Ship and laugh at their futile attempts to kill me as their squishies get murdered. It really isn't fair.


SS Cancer Ship ahahahaha XD
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
June 08 2015 23:56 GMT
#8662
On June 09 2015 07:29 [Phantom] wrote:
In theory, maybe, since you can change items on the go they are more versatile, but in reality everyone goes to the internet copies an item "build" and call it a deal.

I don't think u shud judge a game based on what brainless trench players do
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
June 08 2015 23:57 GMT
#8663
On June 09 2015 07:29 [Phantom] wrote:
In theory, maybe, since you can change items on the go they are more versatile, but in reality everyone goes to the internet copies an item "build" and call it a deal.


well item builds are far from set in stone. and change alot in order and key items depending on your and the enemy teams comp.

in dota/lol skill builds are 95% the same.but hots talents arent that different either since usually there is a very clear choice.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 09 2015 00:23 GMT
#8664
On June 09 2015 08:57 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 07:29 [Phantom] wrote:
In theory, maybe, since you can change items on the go they are more versatile, but in reality everyone goes to the internet copies an item "build" and call it a deal.


well item builds are far from set in stone. and change alot in order and key items depending on your and the enemy teams comp.

in dota/lol skill builds are 95% the same.but hots talents arent that different either since usually there is a very clear choice.


heroes talents just sound like what you said about item builds, but of course if you always go for one talent build you get experienced with it and suck with the others, just like with items.
Just easier to pick the right one compared to items, but they fulfill the same goal gameplay wise. Only thing is that some may dislike progression through items or talents, but there are not many out there that do I belief.

And if they wanted they could change the talent picks into a talent tree and make it as complex as the item system that the original dota used.
So yay that we have more variety now.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 13:00:04
June 09 2015 12:58 GMT
#8665
On June 09 2015 07:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't ever played LoL or DotA, but what makes items in those games promote more (or less) diversity than HotS's talent trees? Are the two systems really that different from one another, to insist that one game has more variety than another?


It's not diversity/variety that I was arguing, but depth. Item systems aren't necessarily more diverse than talents, though they can be and some are. My primary concern, however, was how the systems effect and affect gameplay.

The primary problem with HotS' talent system is that it is tied to team level. Because everything that can make your hero stronger is determined by your team's overall performance there isn't any individual development. As such all the gameplay and strategies centered on individual development are either missing from or severely muted in HotS.

As a secondary problem, the talent system is more rigid than an item system. While you have choices you can only make them in a set order and at set milestones.

So as a result concepts like, "I'm going to be laning against a high magic damage opponent during the early game, do I buy a cheap magic resist item or take a risk and put that off until later" simply don't exist. There really isn't laning in HotS, and even if there were you don't necessarily get that choice at that point.

If Talents weren't strictly determined by level and were more flexible as to what choices you could make and when I don't think items would be particularly missed.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
June 09 2015 13:33 GMT
#8666
On June 09 2015 21:58 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 07:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't ever played LoL or DotA, but what makes items in those games promote more (or less) diversity than HotS's talent trees? Are the two systems really that different from one another, to insist that one game has more variety than another?


It's not diversity/variety that I was arguing, but depth. Item systems aren't necessarily more diverse than talents, though they can be and some are. My primary concern, however, was how the systems effect and affect gameplay.

The primary problem with HotS' talent system is that it is tied to team level. Because everything that can make your hero stronger is determined by your team's overall performance there isn't any individual development. As such all the gameplay and strategies centered on individual development are either missing from or severely muted in HotS.

As a secondary problem, the talent system is more rigid than an item system. While you have choices you can only make them in a set order and at set milestones.

So as a result concepts like, "I'm going to be laning against a high magic damage opponent during the early game, do I buy a cheap magic resist item or take a risk and put that off until later" simply don't exist. There really isn't laning in HotS, and even if there were you don't necessarily get that choice at that point.

If Talents weren't strictly determined by level and were more flexible as to what choices you could make and when I don't think items would be particularly missed.


What do you mean that there isn't *really* laning in Heroes? I'm not familiar with what the LoL and DotA versions of laning are, but isn't what Zagara/ Sylv/ Viking-soak/ Azmodan do "laning"? (And most other heroes in the early game anyway, when soaking exp is significant?)

And I feel that a lot of heroes have multiple builds that they can pursue, depending on their (and their opponents') hero composition. Furthermore, depending on how a game is currently playing out, you may choose different talents (more damage, more heal, etc.). I don't think every build is set in stone before the game actually starts- reacting to the specific game you're in (not just the general meta) is important- and certainly possible.

I think the only "rigidness" is that once you choose a talent, you can't go back and change it a later time... but there has to be *some* level of risk in your decision-making, so I think it'd be rather silly to be able to change any skill at any time.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 13:49:18
June 09 2015 13:34 GMT
#8667
I'm really enjoying Nick's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nickhots

Always answers questions, very relaxed, top player, played Protoss, looks like Sheldon Cooper... All wins in my book

Probably my favorite Heroes stream to watch ^^
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
June 09 2015 13:40 GMT
#8668
On June 09 2015 21:58 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 07:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't ever played LoL or DotA, but what makes items in those games promote more (or less) diversity than HotS's talent trees? Are the two systems really that different from one another, to insist that one game has more variety than another?


It's not diversity/variety that I was arguing, but depth. Item systems aren't necessarily more diverse than talents, though they can be and some are. My primary concern, however, was how the systems effect and affect gameplay.

The primary problem with HotS' talent system is that it is tied to team level. Because everything that can make your hero stronger is determined by your team's overall performance there isn't any individual development. As such all the gameplay and strategies centered on individual development are either missing from or severely muted in HotS.

As a secondary problem, the talent system is more rigid than an item system. While you have choices you can only make them in a set order and at set milestones.

So as a result concepts like, "I'm going to be laning against a high magic damage opponent during the early game, do I buy a cheap magic resist item or take a risk and put that off until later" simply don't exist. There really isn't laning in HotS, and even if there were you don't necessarily get that choice at that point.

If Talents weren't strictly determined by level and were more flexible as to what choices you could make and when I don't think items would be particularly missed.



You're really romanticizing item building. At any level past bronze, there's very *very* little diversity in item builds. As AP mid for example, you're only choosing between potions build or doran's ring. That's it. As AD bot, there's even less - you can essentially just set your build to autobuy. The only thing that changes is what do you buy when you back. If you're ahead maybe you grab BF sword first... that's pretty much it. Much later in the game, you just take whatever survival item fits your enemy's composition.

Sure, you can build BT first or as mid you might choose between Zhonya's first or wait on it... but that's not much of an impactful gameplay decision. A different build is only *slighty* more burst or *slightly* more sustain. It doesn't fundamentally change the way you play your character *at all*.


However, the talent design does - or should. In the current balance state, too many heroes just don't have two good options for builds - but if they were all like Anub'arak or Sylvanas (except her ult), you'd have *much* more variation in playstyle. Hybrid Assassin Sylvanas and Splitpush Sylvanas fundamentally play differently, while Zhonya's first Ahri doesn't play differently from Rabadon's first.

The only change that needs to be made is that there need to be better options at each talent level - which Blizz is currently implementing and analysing.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 13:43:47
June 09 2015 13:43 GMT
#8669
On June 09 2015 06:22 Zeon0 wrote:
[image loading]

I think I found my favorite hero(es) :D


LV hard2play


I'm pretty sure splitlane soaking will be nerfed, it goes against the design of the hero.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 09 2015 13:48 GMT
#8670
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if they make it so each Viking only earns like 66% XP or something. I am still shocked SS Cancer Ship got approved since that was during the time they were hard-on for killing on second life bars.
Wat
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
June 09 2015 14:02 GMT
#8671
On June 09 2015 22:48 Tenks wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if they make it so each Viking only earns like 66% XP or something. I am still shocked SS Cancer Ship got approved since that was during the time they were hard-on for killing on second life bars.


I'm actually ok with the overpowered ult, since it has counterplay. There's very little counterplay to one hero earning 3x the normal amount of xp and just winning by abusing the basic mechanic of team power in the game.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 09 2015 14:13 GMT
#8672
Aren't the Vikings Unstoppable when in the boat as well? I thought I recall trying to Mosh the boat and it just went on it's merry way owning fools.
Wat
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 09 2015 14:19 GMT
#8673
On June 09 2015 22:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 21:58 Seuss wrote:
On June 09 2015 07:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't ever played LoL or DotA, but what makes items in those games promote more (or less) diversity than HotS's talent trees? Are the two systems really that different from one another, to insist that one game has more variety than another?


It's not diversity/variety that I was arguing, but depth. Item systems aren't necessarily more diverse than talents, though they can be and some are. My primary concern, however, was how the systems effect and affect gameplay.

The primary problem with HotS' talent system is that it is tied to team level. Because everything that can make your hero stronger is determined by your team's overall performance there isn't any individual development. As such all the gameplay and strategies centered on individual development are either missing from or severely muted in HotS.

As a secondary problem, the talent system is more rigid than an item system. While you have choices you can only make them in a set order and at set milestones.

So as a result concepts like, "I'm going to be laning against a high magic damage opponent during the early game, do I buy a cheap magic resist item or take a risk and put that off until later" simply don't exist. There really isn't laning in HotS, and even if there were you don't necessarily get that choice at that point.

If Talents weren't strictly determined by level and were more flexible as to what choices you could make and when I don't think items would be particularly missed.


What do you mean that there isn't *really* laning in Heroes? I'm not familiar with what the LoL and DotA versions of laning are, but isn't what Zagara/ Sylv/ Viking-soak/ Azmodan do "laning"? (And most other heroes in the early game anyway, when soaking exp is significant?)

And I feel that a lot of heroes have multiple builds that they can pursue, depending on their (and their opponents') hero composition. Furthermore, depending on how a game is currently playing out, you may choose different talents (more damage, more heal, etc.). I don't think every build is set in stone before the game actually starts- reacting to the specific game you're in (not just the general meta) is important- and certainly possible.

I think the only "rigidness" is that once you choose a talent, you can't go back and change it a later time... but there has to be *some* level of risk in your decision-making, so I think it'd be rather silly to be able to change any skill at any time.


There's an early phase in LoL/DotA where objectives are largely too difficult to handle, and so the various players settle in lanes for the first 7-12 minutes or more before the game begins to shift toward objectives and pushing. In HotS the smaller size of the maps and the early importance of the objectives eliminates that as a major aspect of the game. You may have a hero whose primary job is to push, but it's not the same as there being an entire, extended phase where teams divvy themselves between the lanes and square off.

Again, I'm not arguing about build diversity, but how those decisions change how the game is played and even generate gameplay. Because there isn't individual development in HotS securing and accelerating the development of important heroes on your team isn't part of the game, suppressing the development of a specific threat on the opposing team isn't in the strategical lexicon, and spending resources on a short-term boost as a means of attempting a comeback or closing out the game largely isn't possible.

Talents are rigid because the choices you make come at predetermined times with predetermined options. If Illidan wants to take reduced ability damage early on that's too bad, he doesn't get that option until level 13, but in LoL you can choose to buy a cheap armor or magic resist item whenever you have the resources to do so.

As I noted before, if the talent system was separate from team levels and more flexible we probably wouldn't be debating this since only the truly pedantic would care that HotS didn't have items.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
June 09 2015 14:54 GMT
#8674
On June 09 2015 23:19 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 22:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 09 2015 21:58 Seuss wrote:
On June 09 2015 07:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't ever played LoL or DotA, but what makes items in those games promote more (or less) diversity than HotS's talent trees? Are the two systems really that different from one another, to insist that one game has more variety than another?


It's not diversity/variety that I was arguing, but depth. Item systems aren't necessarily more diverse than talents, though they can be and some are. My primary concern, however, was how the systems effect and affect gameplay.

The primary problem with HotS' talent system is that it is tied to team level. Because everything that can make your hero stronger is determined by your team's overall performance there isn't any individual development. As such all the gameplay and strategies centered on individual development are either missing from or severely muted in HotS.

As a secondary problem, the talent system is more rigid than an item system. While you have choices you can only make them in a set order and at set milestones.

So as a result concepts like, "I'm going to be laning against a high magic damage opponent during the early game, do I buy a cheap magic resist item or take a risk and put that off until later" simply don't exist. There really isn't laning in HotS, and even if there were you don't necessarily get that choice at that point.

If Talents weren't strictly determined by level and were more flexible as to what choices you could make and when I don't think items would be particularly missed.


What do you mean that there isn't *really* laning in Heroes? I'm not familiar with what the LoL and DotA versions of laning are, but isn't what Zagara/ Sylv/ Viking-soak/ Azmodan do "laning"? (And most other heroes in the early game anyway, when soaking exp is significant?)

And I feel that a lot of heroes have multiple builds that they can pursue, depending on their (and their opponents') hero composition. Furthermore, depending on how a game is currently playing out, you may choose different talents (more damage, more heal, etc.). I don't think every build is set in stone before the game actually starts- reacting to the specific game you're in (not just the general meta) is important- and certainly possible.

I think the only "rigidness" is that once you choose a talent, you can't go back and change it a later time... but there has to be *some* level of risk in your decision-making, so I think it'd be rather silly to be able to change any skill at any time.


There's an early phase in LoL/DotA where objectives are largely too difficult to handle, and so the various players settle in lanes for the first 7-12 minutes or more before the game begins to shift toward objectives and pushing. In HotS the smaller size of the maps and the early importance of the objectives eliminates that as a major aspect of the game. You may have a hero whose primary job is to push, but it's not the same as there being an entire, extended phase where teams divvy themselves between the lanes and square off.


Ah okay, thanks for the explanation I would absolutely hate to be confined to laning for 10+ minutes simply because the heroes were too weak to do anything else, so I'm definitely happy that Heroes allows you to do other things from minute one (or five-ish). Personal preference of course... I far prefer having more options.

Again, I'm not arguing about build diversity, but how those decisions change how the game is played and even generate gameplay. Because there isn't individual development in HotS securing and accelerating the development of important heroes on your team isn't part of the game, suppressing the development of a specific threat on the opposing team isn't in the strategical lexicon, and spending resources on a short-term boost as a means of attempting a comeback or closing out the game largely isn't possible.

Talents are rigid because the choices you make come at predetermined times with predetermined options. If Illidan wants to take reduced ability damage early on that's too bad, he doesn't get that option until level 13, but in LoL you can choose to buy a cheap armor or magic resist item whenever you have the resources to do so.

As I noted before, if the talent system was separate from team levels and more flexible we probably wouldn't be debating this since only the truly pedantic would care that HotS didn't have items.


Ah I see what you're saying. Personally, I like the fact that each hero comes with its own risks and rewards- it makes me think even more critically about which hero to choose for the team, since I know it will enjoy more unique benefits but possibly suffer from its own specific disadvantages because of the talents available. I can definitely see how some people would prefer more customization, although since the games have a million heroes already, I'm sure that redundancy and overlap is something the game designers want to largely avoid.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 09 2015 15:00 GMT
#8675
You can also talent most abilities at most talent levels. The issue is generally there is a "right" way to play a hero and if you take a defensive ability at one tier suddenly that playstyle gets messed up. But in DOTA it isn't like rushing a defensive item on a hero that generally doesn't want it at end-game is the "proper" way to play the hero but possibly in that game and in that situation you had to do it.
Wat
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
June 09 2015 15:48 GMT
#8676
On June 09 2015 23:02 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 22:48 Tenks wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if they make it so each Viking only earns like 66% XP or something. I am still shocked SS Cancer Ship got approved since that was during the time they were hard-on for killing on second life bars.


I'm actually ok with the overpowered ult, since it has counterplay. There's very little counterplay to one hero earning 3x the normal amount of xp and just winning by abusing the basic mechanic of team power in the game.

What counterplay? Yeah, you can turn and try to kill the ship, but that's not exactly a grade A solution. The mistake that a lot of Vikings make is popping the boat too early. The better move is to charge in and try to assassinate squishy, burn your other cooldowns in the process, and then when your health is low, pop the boat and go to work. You can absorb so much damage that way and really make life miserable for the enemy team.
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
June 09 2015 16:07 GMT
#8677
What are good cheap heros?

I don't mean good as in powerful I mean as in interesting. It seems like all the cheap heroes are awful (not from a balance perspective from a game mechanic perspective). e.g. playing Raynor is incredibly boring if you've played any other moba without judgment in terms of his actual in-game strength but Lost Vikings look fun even if they were a weaker pick (which it doesn't look like they are anyway...)
rdvark5000
Profile Joined June 2014
Canada13 Posts
June 09 2015 16:21 GMT
#8678
Could a simpler Lost Viking Nerf be to reduce their soaking XP radius?

If their radius was reduced to 1/2 or even 2/3rds a normal hero, it would require significantly more risk and multitasking to soak a land with them, which might make it more fair since you would be more likely to be killed and lose the XP or simply not be in position if you aren't actively watching them.
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
June 09 2015 16:31 GMT
#8679
On June 10 2015 01:07 hariooo wrote:
What are good cheap heros?

I don't mean good as in powerful I mean as in interesting. It seems like all the cheap heroes are awful (not from a balance perspective from a game mechanic perspective). e.g. playing Raynor is incredibly boring if you've played any other moba without judgment in terms of his actual in-game strength but Lost Vikings look fun even if they were a weaker pick (which it doesn't look like they are anyway...)

Well that's subjective ofc. Valla and Tassadar are strong but they're so forgiving that you may find 'em boring.

Maybe Illidan, Anub, Muradin?





hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
June 09 2015 17:39 GMT
#8680
On June 10 2015 01:31 Big G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2015 01:07 hariooo wrote:
What are good cheap heros?

I don't mean good as in powerful I mean as in interesting. It seems like all the cheap heroes are awful (not from a balance perspective from a game mechanic perspective). e.g. playing Raynor is incredibly boring if you've played any other moba without judgment in terms of his actual in-game strength but Lost Vikings look fun even if they were a weaker pick (which it doesn't look like they are anyway...)

Well that's subjective ofc. Valla and Tassadar are strong but they're so forgiving that you may find 'em boring.

Maybe Illidan, Anub, Muradin?







I suppose non-straightforward would be a clearer way of putting it? Like your standard tanks/healers/dps are boring as hell in this game imo (it's like half the range/damage/stun duration of other games so nothing too crazy happens) but there are some heros with interesting concepts but I dunno if any of them are not like 10k per.
Prev 1 432 433 434 435 436 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.