• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7387 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 432

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 430 431 432 433 434 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10166 Posts
June 07 2015 15:48 GMT
#8621
The gold amount per match is too low yep.

It's not gonna change tho, we already told blizzard about it.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
June 07 2015 16:10 GMT
#8622
Since they don't want to increase the gold per match, they could add weekly quests.
Worth 1-2k gold, stuff like:
- Complete one objective on each map.
- Win a game with 5 different heroes.
- Play 5 QM or HL games with friends.
- Travel x distance using a mount/ability.
- Deal 1M damage.

With a new 10k hero every month and old heroes apparently staying expensive, new players are gonna feel overwhelmed really fast. Just look at how bad it is in hearthstone.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
June 07 2015 17:16 GMT
#8623
Hmm

I have an alt account and yeah you get gold faster, but starting from the bottom is terrible. If you thought the people you played with were bad, just wait to see the people you'll play with.

Right now, after the initial gold, you get a little more than 10k (it varies a little) just by completing your dailies and the games they take you to complete them. But after a while youn get kinda all the heroes you want, and then just buy the new releases if you are interested in them.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46499 Posts
June 07 2015 17:20 GMT
#8624
On June 08 2015 00:20 synapse wrote:
Enjoying the gameplay but I hate how expensive all the heroes are... it's even worse than league once you get past the initial level up gold =_=


It'd be nice to get a bit more gold, but I've bought nearly every hero after about 2 months of playing... and unlocked all the ones I *actually liked to play with* after about 2 weeks lol. Not a big deal for me.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-07 19:38:53
June 07 2015 19:38 GMT
#8625
It has seemed clear from day 1 that mercs and minions gain HP later in the game, yet I've never been clear on just how. Is it based on the lower team's level, the higher, or perhaps an average? Maybe it's based on game time elapsed. Obviously, either way the higher level team benefits. This seems to affect grave golems immensely (especially when you're losing).

I'm not quite sure how much I could put that knowledge to use, as it's already understood on an intuitive level, but it might make the difference between going for a camp or deciding there isn't time.

On another topic, they should increase the free hero pool as more heroes get added.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
June 07 2015 19:44 GMT
#8626
Matchmaking seems to have gotten a lot better, I play almost only with ranks1 and most games make sense.

I still have no idea why they nerfed gazlowe though, he was already really weak last patch :/
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17906 Posts
June 08 2015 03:40 GMT
#8627
On June 07 2015 07:07 Stratos_speAr wrote:
A lot of the hate for HotS (not including legitimate gripes like gated talents and the slow grind for gold) comes from DotA/LoL (but mostly DotA) diehards that bitch about the things that make HotS different, and yet this game would be widely panned if it tried to be a simple copy of DotA/LoL.


these guys also complain about whatever their favourite game is .. non-stop as well... just do some digging.

when i played a lot of C&C the Starcraft guys would drop in and hate on C&C.
then i'd see them on TL talking about how crap Starcraft is. its just a non-stop stream of angry, hatred and negativity.
C&C sucks AoE sucks.. CoH1 sucks.. everything sucks...

any how, its nice to see that HotS is doing well out of the gate.
i was concerned about the low viewer totals on twitch and a few other metrics which appeared low. some of these journalist luminaries like Force expressed similar thoughts.

however, now that its in general release activity looks really solid... other metrics like reddit activity look really good.
also a command i can use in my LotV beta to see how many HotS matches are going on. No idea if it is accurate though.

finally,
regarding that IGN review of HotS.


Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
June 08 2015 04:33 GMT
#8628
I wish they can enable us to click on enemies (including merc).
Having more stats really allows us to know how good X merc camp is for example.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-08 11:39:29
June 08 2015 11:35 GMT
#8629
what does blizzard intend to do with afkers... i just played a game with someone who was afk the entire time. completely ruined the fun.

edit: or griefers for that matter. will there be low priority or a search ban of some sort
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
June 08 2015 12:42 GMT
#8630
On June 08 2015 02:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2015 00:20 synapse wrote:
Enjoying the gameplay but I hate how expensive all the heroes are... it's even worse than league once you get past the initial level up gold =_=


It'd be nice to get a bit more gold, but I've bought nearly every hero after about 2 months of playing... and unlocked all the ones I *actually liked to play with* after about 2 weeks lol. Not a big deal for me.


I just wish I'd known that Master skins can *only* be bought with gold.

I have Kael'Thas and Jaina at 10, but one night I spent all my gold willy-nilly on some new heroes. I then wanted to buy the master skins, and was pretty sad to see I'd just wasted all my gold.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 08 2015 12:44 GMT
#8631
HotS definitely has some interesting ideas insofar as the MOBA genre is concerned. That said, I personally find the game a little boring compared to its peers.

I think my favorite feature in HotS is the "Towns, not Towers" concept. It could easily have been mostly meaningless, but it isn't. It adds more progression to pushing, especially with ammo on the structures. You can't really afford to leave someone out in the cold in a horribly mismatched lane for too long or else you just cede the first Fort and an experience advantage to the enemy.

Shared experience is also an interesting concept. It creates some unique dynamics and helps prevent individual players/lanes from getting absolutely crushed when they make a few mistakes.

Where things break down are in Talents. It's not that Talents themselves are bad, though sometimes the choices feel a little uninspired, but that they are supposed to replace item builds. Talents simply don't match the depth of choice or the feeling of in-game progression/development that items provide. I can respect Blizzard's decision to eschew items entirely, they can be a very significant hurdle for players new to the genre, but Talents don't do enough to replace that depth.

I also think the objectives can be a bit overbearing at times. That may be an indication the game is simply not designed to my tastes, but I like the idea of winning fights and outplaying your opponents as worthy objectives in and of themselves. The map objectives pull the focus away from that significantly.

Overall I don't think HotS is a bad game, it's just not my preferred MOBA. I don't think 6.5 is a fair rating for the game unless you want to make a statement about its rather steep F2P climb.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
June 08 2015 13:53 GMT
#8632
On June 08 2015 04:44 RouaF wrote:
Matchmaking seems to have gotten a lot better, I play almost only with ranks1 and most games make sense.

I still have no idea why they nerfed gazlowe though, he was already really weak last patch :/

Yeah, the matchmaker has been noticeably better over the past month. My hotslog MMR has jumped 400 points during that timespan (I'm getting closer to where I was at the end of Alpha), which I doubt is a coincidence.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46499 Posts
June 08 2015 14:01 GMT
#8633
On June 08 2015 21:42 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2015 02:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 08 2015 00:20 synapse wrote:
Enjoying the gameplay but I hate how expensive all the heroes are... it's even worse than league once you get past the initial level up gold =_=


It'd be nice to get a bit more gold, but I've bought nearly every hero after about 2 months of playing... and unlocked all the ones I *actually liked to play with* after about 2 weeks lol. Not a big deal for me.


I just wish I'd known that Master skins can *only* be bought with gold.

I have Kael'Thas and Jaina at 10, but one night I spent all my gold willy-nilly on some new heroes. I then wanted to buy the master skins, and was pretty sad to see I'd just wasted all my gold.


Yeah that sucks

The only thing I was aware of that can *only* be bought with gold was that piggy bank mount iirc. Haven't paid that much attention to the skins (although some are creepy as hell).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
June 08 2015 14:13 GMT
#8634
On June 08 2015 04:44 RouaF wrote:
Matchmaking seems to have gotten a lot better, I play almost only with ranks1 and most games make sense.

I still have no idea why they nerfed gazlowe though, he was already really weak last patch :/


When did Gazlowe get nerfed?

I'm loving OP'arak lately, hope he doesn't get nerfbatted.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
ivancype
Profile Joined December 2012
Brazil485 Posts
June 08 2015 15:20 GMT
#8635
So, Blizzard just detailed the Diablo stuff they promised before, not any really new content was revealed this weekend, right?
The other race is OP
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 08 2015 16:26 GMT
#8636
Gazlow has promote so he is OP.

Was playing with a friend who is forced to get to level 20 by his girlfriend (WoW Pet). But his ancient computer that is probably worse then an xbone isn't really suited for real opponents. So went coop. I now know why there are losses. People change lanes on a whim and no one fills them and suddenly the bots are 2 levels ahead and players start feeding them. If the objective is not a kill a monster that has stuns, the bots can actually win.

It is a good way to change to quick cast though.

Really curious when Heroes will hit the console market seeing that you could basically play it with a controller.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 08 2015 16:35 GMT
#8637
Zero chance hots is going to be played on console, I hope you are joking.
Writer
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 08 2015 16:49 GMT
#8638
On June 09 2015 00:20 ivancype wrote:
So, Blizzard just detailed the Diablo stuff they promised before, not any really new content was revealed this weekend, right?


I mean, I would consider it new content... they literally only showed the model of Butcher and the basic map at Blizzcon.

At the ANZ event, they confirmed we should be getting voice chat by the end of the year.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
June 08 2015 17:43 GMT
#8639
On June 09 2015 01:35 Valiver wrote:
Zero chance hots is going to be played on console, I hope you are joking.


remember diablo?
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 08 2015 17:51 GMT
#8640
On June 09 2015 02:43 Kupon3ss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 01:35 Valiver wrote:
Zero chance hots is going to be played on console, I hope you are joking.


remember diablo?

Diablo is much simpler than HotS, can easily be made into a single player game (everyone was crying for that anyway), and had an established name to back it up and get people to buy it.

HotS is free to play, and so their model of income on console would have to be an upfront cost of the game to pay for them making it console supported, and then it would have to sell a lot keep players interested or the ladders would be desolate.
Writer
Prev 1 430 431 432 433 434 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC290
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Yoon 45
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2218
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko702
crisheroes613
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM227
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
Trikslyr69
QueenE60
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2077
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 45m
The PondCast
19h 45m
INu's Battles
20h 45m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.