• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:24
CEST 11:24
KST 18:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8611 users

Tell how to live with no job, home, or money. - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
cunninglinguists
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States925 Posts
March 16 2009 05:02 GMT
#41
hook up with a girl. public utilities such as parks and libraries are great places to meet attractive and nice chicks. use your manly charms on one such vixen and seduce them. after that, ez pz.

but failing that, you should try begging for money and buying things from mcdonald's dollar menu.
MrWinkles
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States200 Posts
March 16 2009 05:07 GMT
#42
There was an episode on This American Life about two people who chose to live as homeless people for a year so as to give them more time to work on their poetry. They outlined some good places to go and get food -- such as church soup kitchens, etc. It would be worth listening to, I suppose, you should be able to find it online.

Overall, don't give up looking for work. You can even perhaps do cyber-jobs if needed from public library computers. Also, you can get some good money and living spaces from extended-time medical studies, although that might do you more harm than good in the long term.

I feel sorry for you If you're anywhere near boston perhaps you can stay one night at my dorm, although that doesn't really help either.
What does the knight do?
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
March 16 2009 05:14 GMT
#43
Should have made a school friend?
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
ambit!ous1
Profile Joined September 2007
United States3662 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 05:20:28
March 16 2009 05:19 GMT
#44
hi wrong thread
Bisu[Shield] / ♔ SoYeon
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
March 16 2009 05:22 GMT
#45
take summer classes and stay on campus? i know some schools don't offer financial aid for summer though unless you request it.
TEXAN
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 16 2009 05:23 GMT
#46
On March 16 2009 12:05 Hot_Bid wrote:
here's a survival guide to homelessness
http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/

its really pretty amazing



ty i just may end up needing this lol
cuz sometimes i feel dangerously close to completely giving up(not in a bad way, if that's possible)
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
March 16 2009 05:26 GMT
#47
VA?
go work in poultry farm/chicken slaughter house, then tell us stories about kicking animals before slaughtering them.
SevGaming
Profile Joined April 2007
United States93 Posts
March 16 2009 05:30 GMT
#48
I don't see what the issue is... I live in VA as well, in a fairly high-dollar area, and I rent a 4 bedroom house for $450/month. I mean, a 2,000 sq ft house only costs about $160,000 here on a half acre of land. Working even 10 hours a week at McDonald's would be able to pay for an apartment with one roommate; two at most.
SevGaming.com --- 7 / 23 / 09
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 05:33:08
March 16 2009 05:31 GMT
#49
Actually I just remembered a thread that was made by someone on TL who said he had a little bit of cash, but no place to live or anyone to stay with. He ended up playing poker and staying with some friends for a while. Don't remember the thread or keywords in the thread to search for it but if you find it or someone knows what I'm talking about you might want to PM him for ideas. I think he even came back to TL a couple years later and made a thread about building a new computer and someone linked his old thread in there.

God I've wasted so much time reading TL.net. Honestly I know so much useless things about some members on here. Could be worse thou could have been made into a mod.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
March 16 2009 05:32 GMT
#50
When I read the thread title, I was reminded of a piece I read a while back. Pretty nice stuff.

http://www1.broward.edu/~nplakcy/docs/dumpster_diving.htm
Meh
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 16 2009 05:37 GMT
#51
On March 16 2009 12:05 Hot_Bid wrote:
here's a survival guide to homelessness
http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/

its really pretty amazing


whoa, that guy knows his shit. Book marked and copied into text document for future reference!
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
March 16 2009 05:45 GMT
#52
On March 16 2009 14:30 SevGaming wrote:
I don't see what the issue is... I live in VA as well, in a fairly high-dollar area, and I rent a 4 bedroom house for $450/month. I mean, a 2,000 sq ft house only costs about $160,000 here on a half acre of land. Working even 10 hours a week at McDonald's would be able to pay for an apartment with one roommate; two at most.


HOly shit!!
I always knew other states were cheaper (I live in California) BUT DAMN
$450 for a 4 bedroom house?

Right now I live in a 3 bedroom condo, I'm sharing my room with another guy and I'm paying $440/month


DIE!!!
SevGaming
Profile Joined April 2007
United States93 Posts
March 16 2009 05:47 GMT
#53
Yeah. I had a job offer to work at Blizzard's office in Irvine, and I turned it down due to the insanely high cost of living. Jobs paid the same, but everything seemed to cost about twice as much. I feel bad for anyone living in Cali.
SevGaming.com --- 7 / 23 / 09
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 16 2009 06:00 GMT
#54
Yeah, that same house would probably cost like 4x as much here in Silicon Valley.. even with the foreclosures lol!
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
March 16 2009 06:03 GMT
#55
Don't feel bad for us living in California. It's awesome here. Rent sucks, but it's a small price to pay.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
March 16 2009 06:10 GMT
#56
hopefully you have some friends, or some way to get loans, and hope to pay them back later.

or live in a car
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
March 16 2009 06:19 GMT
#57
On March 16 2009 14:45 toopham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2009 14:30 SevGaming wrote:
I don't see what the issue is... I live in VA as well, in a fairly high-dollar area, and I rent a 4 bedroom house for $450/month. I mean, a 2,000 sq ft house only costs about $160,000 here on a half acre of land. Working even 10 hours a week at McDonald's would be able to pay for an apartment with one roommate; two at most.


HOly shit!!
I always knew other states were cheaper (I live in California) BUT DAMN
$450 for a 4 bedroom house?

Right now I live in a 3 bedroom condo, I'm sharing my room with another guy and I'm paying $440/month




Hahaha that's what I though. Most apartments here are $600/mo, don't complain too much about other states. LOL @ Irvine, $2500/mo for single bedroom apartment.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
omfghi2u2
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States831 Posts
March 16 2009 06:23 GMT
#58
Did the OP even tell us where he lives yet?
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 16 2009 06:24 GMT
#59
Cali has some ridiculous living requirements that I feel are going to HAVE to come down with the way the economy and the housing market is going.

Currently costs me 550 for a 2 bedroom apartment and I live on my own.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
March 16 2009 06:26 GMT
#60
BTW, if this works I'll bump this thread after it dies.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6992
Rain 3702
Leta 2437
Soulkey 418
Soma 343
BeSt 297
Rush 213
Barracks 169
soO 162
firebathero 155
[ Show more ]
Stork 104
Sexy 56
Killer 44
Shinee 33
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
HiyA 15
Sharp 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3747
XcaliburYe172
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King53
Other Games
gofns27773
WinterStarcraft638
Pyrionflax193
Sick158
singsing5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 60
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos2405
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
36m
Patches Events
5h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 36m
OSC
13h 36m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.