• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6688 users

Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fist Fight? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 09 2008 18:48 GMT
#61
On November 09 2008 18:29 NightRapier wrote:

Show nested quote +
iPF[Div] says: just kick'em in the throat.


Sup, assault charges.


Forget assault charges, you're probably going to end up killing whoever you kicked in the throat.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
November 09 2008 18:49 GMT
#62
wtf Chill, were your friends there?
Scorpion
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1974 Posts
November 09 2008 19:00 GMT
#63
Okay, I don't know if anyone remembers when I said that teamliquid was a bunch of virgins and that the poll was wrong but this is extremely similar to that same incident: I do not believe this poll is accurate, teamliquid are the nerdy cool/nerdy bunch ;D
Mango @ U.S.East!
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
November 09 2008 19:02 GMT
#64
Haha at the OP: D

I haven't been in any fights, it's really hard to get me worked up about something when I'm drunk. I've had a single boxing match though. Dude got KTFO.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 09 2008 19:31 GMT
#65
I have a bigger brother who was beating the shit of me from time to time back in the day. In my first years at school I think I was a bit of a bully, not because I was big or smth, I was not afraid of a fist fight maybe. Having a bigger brother is slightly defining your attitude and affinity to violence I guess
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
November 09 2008 19:36 GMT
#66
man OP story was going so well lol.

I got punched in the face by some kid one year in middle school when I did ski bus. Other than that no.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
November 09 2008 19:46 GMT
#67
yes a bunch of times. usually involve alcohol and a group of friends.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 09 2008 19:50 GMT
#68
On November 10 2008 03:49 MeriaDoKk wrote:
wtf Chill, were your friends there?

Yes, one of them was fighting another guy and the third guy did nothing.
Moderator
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
November 09 2008 19:51 GMT
#69
Its a god bloody thing I didnt read enders game till I was old =)
Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
ShmotZ
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States581 Posts
November 09 2008 19:53 GMT
#70
On November 09 2008 13:13 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
No, because I'm nice to everyone, and avoid conflict.




YES! :D
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping, but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head." - Bender
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
November 09 2008 20:00 GMT
#71
On November 09 2008 12:59 gg_hertzz wrote:
if the fight did happen in high school it doesn't count.


Fixed.

Well, me and my other friend decided to play fight club when we got drunk. At first, we agreed not to hit in full strength, but it quickly got out of control, so I hit him in the eye when he was moving towards me, very strong hit, I lowered guard to ask if he's okay and he immediately reached me with a hook in a jaw. Whoa, knockdown, I stood up, we laughed and went to drink more.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
November 09 2008 20:03 GMT
#72
Yes I've once been in a fight. I was probably 14 with 3 more friends. One of my friends had some trouble with some guy, but apparently it was all cool again and we got invited to some party of that guy. So the four of us were there in this guy's house that i didn't even know and drank some vodka. When we decided to go out and this guy + like 4 or 5 of his friends who were like 17 assaulted us, it was a fucking trap! :O We all split up each one dealing with his own shit and I get pushed and fall down in the middle of the street and it was a big street. I'm lying on my back and that mofo comes and bows down to punch me. I grab his head with both hands and smoothly direct my knee to it. Woo. he falls down and lies on that major road for like 30 secs, I notice his friends running towards me and I run away for like 5 mins lol.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
November 09 2008 20:14 GMT
#73
No, I don't get into fights, because I'm not fucking retarded.

Fights will only go three places:

You'll look like a dip shit because neither one of you really wanted to fight, or have any reason to seriously injure the other person.

You'll get seriously hurt or killed/have to live with the fact that you seriously hurt or killed someone.

You'll face legal action/pursue legal action which is either a waste of your time, or possibly ruining your life.


Fights generally won't happen unless you agree to them. People are usually smart enough to know that the law is on the non-instigating side. If they're not, you can just tell them. If they don't care, and they continue to be threatening, by law you're required to only do enough to defend yourself, which usually means high tailing it out of there and calling police. The only situation where it would be justified to stay and fight when you could run is if you were leaving someone behind who couldn't.

This is my own definition of a fight though, I guess. If you think anything you did in highschool is a fight, you're a complete tool. A fight isn't a fight unless you feel like you could die if you lost... That is, someone isn't going to stop when 'you give up,' which also means that telling the person you don't want to fight was also ineffective (as is almost never the case in school).

Only reason I rant is because it really irks me when idiots brag about fights they've been in.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Tonkerchen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
680 Posts
November 09 2008 20:28 GMT
#74
won 3-0 cus I was always the biggest in elementary school. but now... T_T since high school I never had a fight again.
all fights were because these bastards stole my pokemon cards lol.
The time is just an illusion... created by mankind... /// Lee Young Ho last Bonjwa on earth! /// «I'll... destroy everyone in 2009. Ok...? Thank you.» - Ma Jae Yoon - Maestro Of Zerg
LightRailCoyote
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States982 Posts
November 09 2008 20:32 GMT
#75
On November 10 2008 05:28 Tonkerchen wrote:
won 3-0 cus I was always the biggest in elementary school. but now... T_T since high school I never had a fight again.
all fights were because these bastards stole my pokemon cards lol.

Seriously. You are absolved of all responsibility for kicking the shit out of those fuckers. they touch Charizard, they pay.
AKA SurfSolar ----- This is the product of a DIY inadequate home
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8201 Posts
November 09 2008 20:34 GMT
#76
Lulz, hell no, I'm just not strong enough
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
sushiman
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden2691 Posts
November 09 2008 20:58 GMT
#77
I was in a bunch of fights back in 3-8th grade, but they were hardly fistfights. More grappling and shit, seeing as I was a kid. A couple of times I managed to get into the situation of just about trading punches with the real badass asshole of the school; we really hated eachother, but teachers interveined every time before it got ugly. In retrospect, that was probably for the best seeing as he was the real dumb fucking jock-type that's gone down the path of assault and raping, while I was quite weak. Back then I was really aggressive and easy to anger, so I was just about ready to go into a rage over anyone that annoyed me, even if that person was dangerous for real. >>
Wouldn't fight now though, unless I would really have to defend myself. Find violence pointless.
1000 at least.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
November 09 2008 21:01 GMT
#78
Haha, I was in two or three fights when I was sixteen or seventeen. The first one was because I moved to a new school and the school bully thought it would be fun to keep on slapping me over the head everytime I walked past him. After about the third time I got really annoyed, so I walked away calling him a bunch of names, which his friend unfortunately heard and ran off to tell him. Obviously, I saw the guy running towards him, but looking "cool" didn't allow me to run for my life as I should have, so I just kept on walking away.

When the guy told the his friend I decided that I couldn't run anymore, so I thought it would be a good time for negotiation, so I stood still and waited as a furious man came charging at me. He happened to play rugby for the SA u/17 team at the time... He picked me up clean off the ground (and I must have weighted about 70kgs at the time), with his left arm, and punched the living shit out of me with his free arm. I didn't throw a punch back, but after receiving about 20 blows to the face the other guy was finally restrained, and, still trying to look cool, I laughed at him and walked away. Fortunately I'm tough skinned or something, because I didn't have any bruising, otherwise the walking away wouldn't have worked nearly as well!

The second time was a year later, when I was in Grade 11 (second last year of school), and my friend who was in Grade 12 was buying snacks from the private Grade 12 section of the cafeteria. So I decided I'd go ask him to get me some snacks too, as our lines were massively long. I went into the cafeteria, but before I could reach my friend, some macho gr.12 decided to challenge my entering their cafeteria. I told him "don't worry, I just need to tell my friend something quickly" and he told me I better leave. So I told him to relax, I'll be gone in a minute, after which he pushed me. So I told him to stop being a fucking cunt and let me past, at which time he lost his temper and decided to punch me once or twice, but more as a warning.

I decided that perhaps I should leave, so I went outside, and all my other friends were standing there laughing their heads off at me, so I gave them a sheepish grin and laughed back a bit. Unfortunately, this made the big guy think that I was laughing at him, which enraged him, and I happened to be precariously placed at the top of one of our sports pavillions (where our cafeteria is). Before I could realise what happened to me, he charged at me and pushed me down a set of about 20 steps which I rolled down and fell onto the grass.

At this point I got pissed off (I hadn't been angry in any situation described prior to this), and decided that I was going to punch the living shit out of him. Unfortunately my jersey had gone over my face in the fall and I couldn't see what was going on around me. By the time I managed to extricate myself from my sweater, a circle of cheering children had formed around us, but the prefects had also arrived, and the fight was over

Oh, I just remembered! There was a third time where I almost got my ass kicked. I was sitting on some first team rugby player's seat (first day of school in my second last year, new classes, I sat there in my class the previous year, he sat there in his class). He told me to get up, I told him to fuck off, he started punching my arm in a threatening manner and told me to meet him after school. Fortunately there was a big party planned after school (epic house party, 350 people at one house [which got horrendously trashed]), so the next time I saw him was after we both consumed way too much alcohol. So we ended up laughing it off, and I kept the seat!

My school had a very strange social dynamic, but it was lots of fun!


Daigomi 0 - 3 Big People
Moderator
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
November 09 2008 22:29 GMT
#79
I got in about 3 "real" fights. Only one worth noting was Senior Year of high school, a fairly big kid just felt like starting some crap. I tolerated it for a while and warned him which obviously and sadly provoked him to keep pissing me off. That was a year when I got pretty serious about lifting, so I just ended up beating the shit out of him. It was at school and the cafeteria had a unhealthy dosage of his blood on the ground. Then both of us ended up in jail, fined for disorderly conduct, I got off fairly lightly with school since I'm not so much a trouble maker.

I never got in a fight in college. A couple small guys once in a while would start stuff, but usually it never ends up into fights cause charisma usually wins crowds which backs up you and the other person backs off.

Size doesn't always win, but you can't be a little weakling and think you can win but that should be obvious.
Unforgiven
Profile Joined September 2004
Venezuela238 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 23:03:03
November 09 2008 22:54 GMT
#80
plenty of fights for me...the one i remember more was 2 friends and me vs ALL the disco security (like 10+ guys) of course we got owned (not much, but some bruises in the face and some pain in my back ;D) but they got so fucked whit my supersaiyan force and the bottles my friends smashed in their heads lol...police arrived and they had to use the gun to shoot at the air so we break the fight

edit: btw by "plenty" i mean like 4-5 real fight, 2-3 being a young kid...and 1-2 in "manhood" (19y/o+)
-.-v
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
ByuN 12
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6067
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1257
Pyrionflax211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV214
League of Legends
• Jankos3384
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
OSC
12h 54m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.