• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6670 users

Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fist Fight? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 08:29:53
November 09 2008 08:26 GMT
#41
What If you've been in more than one fight (with contradictory outcomes)? And does boxing count?

I've been in lots of fights, Last one was pretty long ago though. I was 19 I think. I'm probably like 10-2 or something. You always remember the bad beats..
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
November 09 2008 08:32 GMT
#42
in 3rd grade i beat up some kid because we were playing football and he wouldnt pass me the ball
in 9th grade i fought to a draw with some kid whom i ended up being friends with lol
other than that its been girls and my brother and my parents just beating the shit out of me whenever they get the chance. so yeah thats my life.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
November 09 2008 08:33 GMT
#43
On November 09 2008 15:31 Tadzio00 wrote:
I've been in 4 fights and won all of them. I'm the opposite of a badass, though. I'd much rather just get along with folks, so my fights came when I was young and didn't know how to get outta bad situations. I've had 7 people seriously try and pick a fight with me and I've been in 4 fights and all the fights were when I was young, so I've learned to cool my temper a bit. At this point I don't think I'd get into a fight unless I had absolutely no choice.

+ Show Spoiler +
First fight was in 3rd grade, a friend pinned me to the ground and started hitting me, I gave him a bloody nose and when noticed he was bleeding he ran off.

2nd fight, I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. Kinda like the first fight except I didn't really know the kid I beat up... we were rough-housing in the snow and then things got mean all of a sudden. A closed fist hit me in the jaw and I knew it was on... beat-down city.

3rd fight, I was in 7th grade (middleschool, 7th-9th grade) on a school bus. This death metal 9th-grader twerp was hitting me on the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper (I guess it entertained him?). I tried to ignore him. After the third time he hit me I said "Do that again and you'll regret it." He did it again so I turned around swinging, hit him a dozen times are so (all he did was scratch at my face). When I noticed the kids in the bus chanting my name and cheering me on to kick his ass (I guess he picked on other kids) I started to feel weird about beating him up, so I stopped and told him to cut that shit out and he said "ok." I cried after this fight, I was so angry.

4th fight was also in 7th grade, this guy was dating a girl I wanted to date (I'm sure he knew it, too, I had asked her to school dances in the past), pushed me as he walked by. When I recovered my balance he was busy talking shit, I don't even remember what he was saying, but I wrestled him to the ground and started hitting him. He used his backpack as a shield, so I got up, told him to fuck off and went on with my day. He avoided me after that.

The close calls I had in HS and beyond aren't too interesting (I guess none of this is, lol).

In HS there was a guy in phys-ed that thought he could bully me. He spent a week or two jumping into my face and yelling "BOO, MOTHAFUCKA" to scare me when he passed me. Finally, he pushed me while doing it (I guess I stopped freaking out with just the "boo" so he decided to up the ante), and I responded by knocking him over. I waited for him to get up, and I got right in his face, looked him dead in the eye and told him I was ready to fight if he was. Dude stood there for a bit, I guess weighing his options (the teacher was just watching along with the rest of the class), finally I pushed him again and called him a bitch and went back to doing the phys-ed thing. The best part about this story is that a few days later in the health class (same classmates, but different teacher) the teacher was talking to the class about intimidation and as a rhetorical example, he chose the bully I'd just gotten off my back as "the intimidator" and me as "the intimidatee", and asked the class if they agreed that he could intimidate me. Everyone was silent with "naw, not really" looks on their faces and the bully's face turned noticeably red (extra impressive since he was black). Teacher had to change his examples. Made me feel good.

Next close call was in college. Five dudes dressed like hippies were walking past me and one asked me for a cigarette, I said I only had one left and the dude totally laid into me with this shove that knocked me off my feet. I was so flabbergasted that a troop of hippies were assaulting me that I didn't know what to do. Which, I suppose is a good thing, since there was 5 of them. I just laid there for a few seconds while they were laughing and walking away, then I picked up my shit and went on with my day. 'Twas fucked up.

Final close call was after college. I was at a new years eve party at a friend's apartment. She's a cool chick but we were getting pretty drunk and obnoxious. Anyway, she starts razzin' my college, so I point at her and holler, "YOU BITCH!" with this massive grin on my face and her BF comes barreling over and fucking slaps me. My first instinct was to just clock the fucker, but then I remembered it was his apartment, too, and you don't kick the shit out of someone in their own home if you can help it. Anyway, she diffused the situation in a hurry by telling her boyfriend that we were just joking around. The prick didn't apologize, though, so I left 20 minutes later.

The last two might count as losing fights, but since I didn't do anything to defend myself in either case, I don't think they count. They're just almost-fights.


Well, drudging up memories of old scuffles was fun.

Honestly this was a good read for some reason I can't put my finger on.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Meiya
Profile Joined August 2007
Australia1169 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 08:47:54
November 09 2008 08:47 GMT
#44
CharlieMurphyAnd does boxing count?


Obviously not, or anybody who does martial arts or anything like it can claim they get in fights every week.

micronesia says:Honestly this was a good read for some reason I can't put my finger on.


Because all humans, deep down, are voyeurs.
Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
November 09 2008 08:58 GMT
#45
On November 09 2008 17:47 NightRapier wrote:
Show nested quote +
CharlieMurphyAnd does boxing count?

Show nested quote +
micronesia says:Honestly this was a good read for some reason I can't put my finger on.


Because all humans, deep down, are voyeurs.

dude we all know everyone likes TV, this was written decently though, there's the reason
iPF[Div]
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain572 Posts
November 09 2008 09:12 GMT
#46
just kick'em in the throat.
Since ma jae yoon and jin young soo stabbed me in the fucking back, i've got no one to rep here.
Meiya
Profile Joined August 2007
Australia1169 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 09:31:54
November 09 2008 09:29 GMT
#47
On November 09 2008 17:58 boghat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2008 17:47 NightRapier wrote:
CharlieMurphyAnd does boxing count?

micronesia says:Honestly this was a good read for some reason I can't put my finger on.


Because all humans, deep down, are voyeurs.

dude we all know everyone likes TV, this was written decently though, there's the reason


Reason shmeason. If something is well written, it is not necessarily interesting. If the subject matter interests you, it is interesting. Being well-written is just icing on the cake.

iPF[Div] says: just kick'em in the throat.


Sup, assault charges.
Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands.
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
November 09 2008 09:46 GMT
#48
On November 09 2008 18:29 NightRapier wrote:
Reason shmeason. If something is well written, it is not necessarily interesting. If the subject matter interests you, it is interesting. Being well-written is just icing on the cake.


It helps your point that it wasn't well-written. Heh.
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
November 09 2008 09:57 GMT
#49
I've had a few ugly fights but the most satisfying was when this stupid dick - this is in like 8th grade - comes up and, angry about some bullshit I'd talked to him in football, took a shot at me. Hit me in the face with all 300lbs of his 5'4 ass. I have a very, very high tolerance for pain and just laughed at him, because he really did hit like a bitch. Everyone started laughing at him, he started crying and ran away. True story. So good.
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
November 09 2008 10:00 GMT
#50
Have You Ever Opened A Topic Where Every Word's First Letter Is Capitalized?
Complete the cycle!
LightRailCoyote
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States982 Posts
November 09 2008 10:16 GMT
#51
Only ever been in one fight.

I was out on the town during a trip to europe in between 9th and 10th grade when a guy came hassling me in polish for some drugs. I didn't speak polish very well so my friend was like "he doesn't have any, go away." The guy (who i assume was stoned) didn't take kindly, and i had to bloody his nose before he left.

Not to say i'm badass. I'm not.
AKA SurfSolar ----- This is the product of a DIY inadequate home
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
November 09 2008 10:20 GMT
#52
yes, i have gotten pwnt :D
Meiya
Profile Joined August 2007
Australia1169 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 10:33:35
November 09 2008 10:32 GMT
#53
Tadzio00 says: It helps your point that it wasn't well-written. Heh.


It does a little, indeed.
Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands.
HumbleZealot
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada508 Posts
November 09 2008 17:01 GMT
#54
the worst i've ever had in terms of fights were some pathetic pushing matches in elementary school, i tend to avoid going all out with ppl and i usually don't have any reason to start a fight in the first place. however, I remember a former friend of mine getting into fist fights all the time in high school, he'd walk into class with a black eye every other day and i'd just be like "another fight, huh?" and he'd start talking about how he beat the crap out of some kids from another school. all the while he'd be sitting there with his two black eyes and broken nose. funny shit.
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
November 09 2008 17:17 GMT
#55
Nothing real serious ending up with one winner and one loser. Just some trading kicks and punches in school. I have sparred a lot when training martial arts though.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
November 09 2008 17:28 GMT
#56
On November 09 2008 19:32 NightRapier wrote:
Show nested quote +
Tadzio00 says: It helps your point that it wasn't well-written. Heh.


It does a little, indeed.

alright, I got owned in this internet fight
Makhno
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Sweden585 Posts
November 09 2008 17:41 GMT
#57
I've gotten the shit kicked out of me by the cops, does that count?
"If I think, everything is lost"
ShoreT
Profile Joined August 2008
United States489 Posts
November 09 2008 18:07 GMT
#58
On November 09 2008 13:11 Ace wrote:
You can see me fighting every few months on television in the UFC. I go by the last name Silva.


Too bad Silva doesn't speak English.

Derp
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
November 09 2008 18:09 GMT
#59
I've never been in a straight up 1v1 fight but I've been involved in a number of "altercations" where it's been either just myself or me and a friend vs a number of people that were younger than us. Back in high school we once got jumped in a busy corridor by an absolute horde of kids that were like 2 years below us that were waiting outside a classroom for their teacher to arrive. The tension had been building up for a while because every week they were waiting outside their class (their teacher was always late for some reason) and it was quite a thin corridor so we'd have to squeeze past them and they were a bunch of dicks just randomly insulting us and shoving us about a bit. So one week it came to a head when we were walking in and this one kid, the worst of them all, pushed my friend back as he approached, so my friend shoved what he was eating (a chip roll, really fucking greasy and salty) in the kid's face and it all just kicked off. We had like 15 of them running at us and pushing us back down this corridor and we were just holding them back as best we could and throwing punches like madmen. Some teachers arrived and stopped it all very quickly so it didn't last very long. In the end I got in trouble for fucking up the kid who'd started it all's tooth T_T
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 09 2008 18:15 GMT
#60
Yes, I got beaten by three guys in a club and I just basically turtled. I was completely fine but I still felt bad for not fighting back even though it would have ended worse for me.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
ByuN 12
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6067
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1257
Pyrionflax211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV214
League of Legends
• Jankos3384
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
OSC
12h 55m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.