• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6720 users

Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fist Fight? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
November 09 2008 23:03 GMT
#81
since i am a punk rocker, i always have trouble with Neo-Nazis so i been in some hardcore fights...

sometimes we win, sometimes we get PWND!...

fuck those nazis -.-
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 23:46:56
November 09 2008 23:06 GMT
#82
On November 10 2008 03:15 Chill wrote:
Yes, I got beaten by three guys in a club and I just basically turtled. I was completely fine but I still felt bad for not fighting back even though it would have ended worse for me.

See now if you had played Terran all along you would have been ready.
EDIT: No I haven't really gotten into any "real" fights myself. A few scraps here and there, and a few pushes but nothing I would consider a fight.
Some of the stories in this thread are really funny though haha. GINYUFORCE FIGHTING!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 09 2008 23:32 GMT
#83
when you get in a fight there can be a different result then yes i won, and yes i got owned =/
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
November 10 2008 00:00 GMT
#84
Only with my brother.
Super serious.
Smokin_Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Korea (South)674 Posts
November 10 2008 01:19 GMT
#85
I'm a pretty peaceful guy so I haven't been in anything serious really.

In Kindergarten, I used to hang around with this posse of 10~14 kids all ranging from age 7-19. Our leader was this 19 year old guy who just roamed around our streets for no apparent reason. We'd ring doorbells and run or just jump off of very high walls for no reason at all. Anyways oneday, they all decided to ding dong ditch my house. For some reason, I started thinking they'd trash my house and being scared ran back to my house as fast as I can before they got there. I rushed in and quickly grabbed a long plastic brush and ran outside ready to defend my house. The second I saw the kids marching to my house, I charged at the kids and quickly dispatched three of them and turned to attack another kid somewhere around 4th or 6th grade. I hit him on the back twice and he kicked me in the stomach. I smashed into this crate full of empty beer cans and he began pummeling me in the side. The neighbor who owned the store across my house came out and broke up the fight.

One time when I was 2nd grade, I saw this 6th grader and a 4th grader pushing my 2nd grader friend around. So I jumped in and started fighting the 6th grader. He was a tall and skinny guy so I couldn't really hit any higher than his stomach. Funny though, I was winning because he was a total wuss and being small and fast, he couldn't land most of the hits on me. Then the 4th grader (who was the built, muscley type) jumped in and started beating the crap out of me. My other two friends already ran away so I quickly scrambled back to my feet and ran away as well

Then another time, when I was in 3rd grade, there were these three 5th graders and a 4th grader who used to bully me around everytime we got off the school bus. They'd push me around, punch me and just charge at me for no reason. I couldn't do much except run or attempt to hit them and run or they'd all jump me at once and I'd be screwed. So I got tired of it oneday and pushed the 4th grader back when he pushed me. But the 5th graders ran to his side and jumped me. Being surrounded by 4 kids older than me, I couldn't do anything much than crawl up while they kicked me. Then luckily some guy came and broke it up quickly.


Nowadays nobody really messes with me because I'm just a peaceful guy but because I'm also pretty tall and have a lean muscular physique. But I'm far from being a badass.
Running is the essence of battle
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 10 2008 02:15 GMT
#86
5 stars to story in OP
Free Palestine
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 02:39:45
November 10 2008 02:31 GMT
#87
On November 09 2008 15:53 De4ngus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2008 13:15 Fontong wrote:
As for me, I grew up in Sunnyvale. Name is quite appropriate, it's basically happy rainbow lala land. Suffice to say I've never been in an actual fight, I socked some kids back when I was in my high school's marching band though.


Hmm, I live in Sunnyvale and I've been in plenty of fights. They were all in preschool, though. At least I always won

Did you go to Homestead by any chance?

Lol yes I did as a matter of fact. I graduated just last year.


Edit: Welcome to TL.

After reading, Looks like TLnetters>>everyone else in fights. Or maybe the people who mostly lost fights didn't post lol.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
November 10 2008 03:04 GMT
#88
I hate highschool fights because all the kids just blindly swing at eachother lol
my only fight consisted of me grabbing this kids legs and taking him down and getting him in a choke ^^
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
November 10 2008 04:32 GMT
#89
Pacifist.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 04:40:32
November 10 2008 04:32 GMT
#90
I have a terrible temper and I tend to just utterly annihilate (or at least try my hardest) not because I am big or a good fighter, but because once the switch is flipped, I go super saiyan mode. I blame it on reading Ender's Game as a small child.

Good thing I learned to control my emotions early early on. Now I am probably the most laid back and easy going person you guys will ever meet.

If I do get upset with people nowadays, I much much prefer to take the Count of Monte Cristo route--utterly destroy them and their lives through various seemingly coincidental means and resort to violence only when necessary.

Although if you fuck with either of my dogs, I will find and kill you.
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
November 10 2008 06:08 GMT
#91
On November 10 2008 13:32 ZaplinG wrote:
I have a terrible temper and I tend to just utterly annihilate (or at least try my hardest) not because I am big or a good fighter, but because once the switch is flipped, I go super saiyan mode. I blame it on reading Ender's Game as a small child.

Good thing I learned to control my emotions early early on. Now I am probably the most laid back and easy going person you guys will ever meet.

If I do get upset with people nowadays, I much much prefer to take the Count of Monte Cristo route--utterly destroy them and their lives through various seemingly coincidental means and resort to violence only when necessary.

Although if you fuck with either of my dogs, I will find and kill you.

I'm exactly the same way. I used to just go completely insane when I'd get into a fight. I would even end up crying. Nothing like a crying kid utterly wasting you in a fight.

I have my rage under control for the most part now though.

I haven't been in a fist fight in a couple years now. Last one ended up badly for the other guy. (Long ass story)

Anyway...

I think I've only lost 4 fights in my life. One was against a girl, and we brutally beat each other up. This was in grade 3. Pretty hilarious looking back on it. We were in alone in the class room, it was during lunch. And for no reason she grabbed my hair and slammed my head into my desk. Then she tried running away, but I went into rage mode. Chased her down, and I booted her halfway down these stairs, and we fought it out in the basement of the school. From what I remember it involved a lot of punching in the face, hair pulling, and heads being slammed into doorways. I think a teacher found us fighting eventually, but I'd say she won.

It's funny because its probably the most brutal fight I've been in, even compared to ones that happened later in my life.

Ah I miss being a kid...
Not bad for a cat toy.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
November 10 2008 06:55 GMT
#92
[QUOTE]On November 10 2008 15:08 Krohm wrote:
[QUOTE]On November 10 2008 13:32 ZaplinG wrote:
One was against a girl, and we brutally beat each other up. This was in grade 3. Pretty hilarious looking back on it. We were in alone in the class room, it was during lunch. And for no reason she grabbed my hair and slammed my head into my desk. Then she tried running away, but I went into rage mode. Chased her down, and I booted her halfway down these stairs, and we fought it out in the basement of the school. From what I remember it involved a lot of punching in the face, hair pulling, and heads being slammed into doorways. I think a teacher found us fighting eventually, but I'd say she won.

It's funny because its probably the most brutal fight I've been in, even compared to ones that happened later in my life.

Ah I miss being a kid...[/QUOTE]
WTF How did that happen!?!?
Was she like training for that shit all year? Just to randomly beat the shit out of you one day for no reason?
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
JudgeMathis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Cuba1286 Posts
November 10 2008 07:55 GMT
#93
I fought a lot in Elementary, and Middle School. I kind of turned into a big bitch once I got into high school.

My most recent fight happen a few weeks ago playing American Football at the park. It was my team vs a team that plays football for a local HS. Someone clipped my friend (lets say his name is M) after the play, and M walked over to the dude (I'll call him B for bitch). M in a very polite way says, "What the fuck bro, you can't be doing that shit." The dude laughs in his face, and M shoves G. Next you know it, the kid says something along the lines "Oh yeah?" And strikes my friend in the face..

Everyone stood froze for a sec, because noone really goes out to the field to fight. We go out there to play, and have a good time. So, once my M gets hit... one of our friends (we'll call him N) just tackles the B to the ground. N stood up, and shit started into a brawl. M jumps ontop of B, and pins him to the ground, trying to throw punches to the B's ribs. I dart directly over there the instance the tackle was made, and start sending multiple punches to the B's face. I was about to be kicked in the face, until one of people I play football with grabbed him before he could fuck up my face. It was nasty, that shit turned into a brawl so quickly. Afterwards, we kept playing but with more aggression against the other team.

After that, every week their calling me a thug, Jimbo Slice (I had a shaved head, with a beard). I think two weeks after that I almost got into a fight in football again after calling some dude a bitch for always trying to cheat. :-x
Benching 225 is light weight. Soy Cubano y Boricua!
Ichigo1234551
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States649 Posts
November 10 2008 08:19 GMT
#94
I fought once in my life. That was when i was a freshman in high school vs this older kid.
I gave him a headlock and he bit my arm so i told him I give up .
I WILL DESTROY YOU IN 2009 OK???????????????
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 09:09:10
November 10 2008 08:29 GMT
#95
Hm..

Once as i was 15/16 vs 3 smaller and younger ones. They started, they paid rather big time (2 of them were really much smaller but kinda believed theyr *big* friend, which was also much smaller than me, could beat me..). Don't know how exactly this happened but there was *tension* for over a year until it finally erupted.

Next time as I was 19?... Out of nowhere came a fist flying at me, connected.. ouch... Got angry, grabbed the guy, chokeslammed him to the ground wanted to take care of the other guy that was busy with a friend of me. Get jumped again by the guy that I just slammed... I hit him, I lay him on a car, I burry my ellbow into his back, I take him up again and chokeslam him again and this time for real... He lay there on the street for 2-3 minutes and his friend lost all interest in fighting.
Ah yes, the first punch cut my lips... I did not notice this until back in the hotel, good for them that I did not know this in the actual fight .

NeXt/last time.. I was and I am 25.
Punk/Rock-Concert... Funtimes, we were there... For some reason my brother gets 2 hits strait into the face by some Oi-Skim, we never found a reason for this. A friend jumps the attacker and takes him down, we take him away (our friend), the guy kicks my friend again while we pull our friend away from him (what an asshole that was)...
Time goes on, I search the eyes of the other guys. Connect --> Laugh --> He comes. I grab both his arms laugh and taunt him. He headbuts me, I took his head, bang it into the Guitar-Monitor (that thing moved from the impact :p), slammed him down, sat on him and pounded him good... Don't know much about this, my friends told me that 4 guys tried to get me off that guy while I just was hitting him :p... Don't hit my brother.$
Fun thing... next day at home, me and my brother sit next to each other.. He has a blue eye (his left) I have a blue eye (my right, damn headbut :p) and our mother comes down... Looks at us and is just shakeing her head :p.


For some reason I don't punch much... It's just annyoing to hit around or in the guard of someone, I much rather grab heads and just send him to the ground, a wall or some obstacle, makes things much easyer from there on... I'm heavy so it's kinda hard to really denie me a takedown/slam.



Aside from the last fight I think I was completely innocent to get involved into these fights, well, I could have ran away, but why? The last one deserved its pounding anyway.



I actually Enjoy fighting... But I never initiate or force a fight upon someone.. I kinda let em hit me first but make sure they don't connect real hard (if this does not work I would be in problems probably), I also can't go into *anger*-mode whitout being really punched, sometimes not even a punch is enough to start me... Getting punched first kinda sets me on the *save* side if things go a little too far. Never kicked someone who was clearly defeated.

You know this strange guy that just keeps on laughing at you after you hit him? That would be me . But well, i never lost until today...
YellowEmperor
Profile Joined October 2008
Taiwan100 Posts
November 10 2008 08:39 GMT
#96
I wonder if HovZ will share any stories in this thread.
When you learn something, use the heart.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 08:50:04
November 10 2008 08:49 GMT
#97
3 times

won all three times with 1 well aimed punch, hospitalized one (he didnt even need stitches so he basically went there for a bloody nose lol?)

never really got punished for anything since they had it coming, oh good high school times
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
November 10 2008 08:53 GMT
#98
yes, beat up some rapists.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
November 10 2008 09:33 GMT
#99
I' ve never been in a fight, although I'm pretty sure one day I'll be in one. So i have a few question to the UFC elites here on TL, how do you fight? Do you just randomly swing your arms and hope you hit the nose/mouth/throat? Because everytime there's a fight at school or something, its usually just a bunch of randomly thrown punches and whoever lands the first punch usually wins. So how the hell do you fight? Also, I have like a low tolerance for pain so if i get punched once it's probably curtains for me.

Meiya
Profile Joined August 2007
Australia1169 Posts
November 10 2008 10:10 GMT
#100
Most fights are about who punches first. Even between two trained fighters, it's almost always pretty messy.
Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
ByuN 12
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6067
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1257
Pyrionflax211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV214
League of Legends
• Jankos3384
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
OSC
12h 54m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.