• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:31
CEST 20:31
KST 03:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13547 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 2089

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 6009 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 06 2020 05:21 GMT
#41761
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24387 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 05:56:23
February 06 2020 05:30 GMT
#41762
On February 06 2020 14:13 Nebuchad wrote:
Still not updated on NY Times (edit: now it is) but I'm gonna post this anyway ^-^



Still no correction on Des Moines 14

This was basically all due to the 3rd satellite caucus and he still has the 1st satellite caucus after that, he's got it.


If it is the caucus I think it is, it will be a rather fitting cap to what has been 3 days of CIA style electoral propaganda.

EDIT: I've learned not to underestimate Democrats willingness to self-immolate though, so anything can happen.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
February 06 2020 06:40 GMT
#41763
On February 06 2020 14:21 ChristianS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat


You’re that “trivial legalities > common sense” kinda guy aren’t you?
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 06 2020 06:41 GMT
#41764
On February 06 2020 15:40 TentativePanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 14:21 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat


You’re that “trivial legalities > common sense” kinda guy aren’t you?

Uh... not sure what you’re referring to?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
February 06 2020 06:42 GMT
#41765
On February 06 2020 14:30 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 14:13 Nebuchad wrote:
Still not updated on NY Times (edit: now it is) but I'm gonna post this anyway ^-^

https://twitter.com/SleepyDjango/status/1225285350207057920

Still no correction on Des Moines 14

This was basically all due to the 3rd satellite caucus and he still has the 1st satellite caucus after that, he's got it.


If it is the caucus I think it is, it will be a rather fitting cap to what has been 3 days of CIA style electoral propaganda.

EDIT: I've learned not to underestimate Democrats willingness to self-immolate though, so anything can happen.


Lol yeah with each update he’s gaining a greater and greater share of the updated results. To be fair he will end with a lead that’s effectively a tie; also to be fair buttigieg claimed victory with 0% reporting haha (among all the other nefarious deeds done between the dnc and his campaign)
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
February 06 2020 06:43 GMT
#41766
On February 06 2020 15:41 ChristianS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 15:40 TentativePanda wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:21 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat


You’re that “trivial legalities > common sense” kinda guy aren’t you?

Uh... not sure what you’re referring to?


I’m referring to your stubbornness to not accept a perfectly fine paraphrasing of a legal situation
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 06 2020 06:48 GMT
#41767
On February 06 2020 15:43 TentativePanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 15:41 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 15:40 TentativePanda wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:21 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat


You’re that “trivial legalities > common sense” kinda guy aren’t you?

Uh... not sure what you’re referring to?


I’m referring to your stubbornness to not accept a perfectly fine paraphrasing of a legal situation

Sorry, did we converse about this some time a while ago, or are you just referring to my interaction with Gahlo?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24387 Posts
February 06 2020 06:53 GMT
#41768
On February 06 2020 15:48 ChristianS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 15:43 TentativePanda wrote:
On February 06 2020 15:41 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 15:40 TentativePanda wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:21 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:12 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 14:04 ChristianS wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:50 Gahlo wrote:
On February 06 2020 13:46 ChristianS wrote:
Seems like a bit of a strawman

Their literal defense in court last election was that they aren't beholden to following their own rules.

I remember. Not following the connection to your argument, though. Care to fill in the dots for me? If you’re saying that legal argument was equivalent to your paraphrase a couple posts above, I don’t think it is.

If you can't look at those posts and can't piece it together then I can't help you.

Cool, good chat


You’re that “trivial legalities > common sense” kinda guy aren’t you?

Uh... not sure what you’re referring to?


I’m referring to your stubbornness to not accept a perfectly fine paraphrasing of a legal situation

Sorry, did we converse about this some time a while ago, or are you just referring to my interaction with Gahlo?


Are you being rhetorically obtuse or are you actually not following?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 07:04:03
February 06 2020 06:55 GMT
#41769
Not being intentionally obtuse, but feel kinda like I’m being gaslighted?

Edit: Ah, I misread. I thought TentativePanda said
You’re that “legal trivialities > common sense” guy, aren’t you


Thought he was referring to some previous interaction I had forgotten. In that case... uh... no, I don’t think that’s an accurate characterization of my position
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24387 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 07:22:24
February 06 2020 07:01 GMT
#41770
On February 06 2020 15:55 ChristianS wrote:
Not being intentionally obtuse, but feel kinda like I’m being gaslighted?

I would say that is what it feels like when we confront our most deeply held hegemonic beliefs/worldviews. Lean into it imo.

Edit: Ah, I misread. I thought TentativePanda said
Show nested quote +
You’re that “legal trivialities > common sense” guy, aren’t you


Thought he was referring to some previous interaction I had forgotten. In that case... uh... no, I don’t think that’s an accurate characterization of my position


What Panda, Gahlo, Gors, and myself now are getting at is that this is something about your political firmware, not about the instance. The tragedy is, it intrinsically prevents you from recognizing the argument they are making. You're prepared (EDIT: looks like you did it before I got this edit in) to argue against it in a manner perfectly demonstrating their point and you literally can't see it and won't no matter how long or many ways they try.

It is because you are making base assumptions about how the world functions that they don't agree with and you accept as immutable.

No one can make you, but that only changes when you start to challenge the hegemonic assumptions at the root of your worldview for better or worse.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 06 2020 07:09 GMT
#41771
Guess I should describe what I actually think then. Wasn’t really looking to pick a fight about this at 11:05PM, but here goes:

The DNC’s argument in that case, as I recall, was that while they did administer a fair election, there is no law requiring them to do so. That obligation is political and moral, not legal. Therefore the case need not proceed to discovery, etc.

I’m not a lawyer, so I don’t know if that argument was right, but it’s certainly a far sight from “we only like election tampering when we do it” or w/e you guys think they were saying.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 07:16:17
February 06 2020 07:14 GMT
#41772
I like how the GOP senators were ' shocked and insulted' last week about Schiff quoting the news story that they were threatened to have their heads on a pike if they voted against the president. And now that Romney voted against, the Trump apparatus is putting his head on a pike.
Neosteel Enthusiast
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 06 2020 07:26 GMT
#41773
On February 06 2020 16:01 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2020 15:55 ChristianS wrote:
Not being intentionally obtuse, but feel kinda like I’m being gaslighted?

I would say that is what it feels like when we confront our most deeply held hegemonic beliefs/worldviews. Lean into it imo.

Show nested quote +
Edit: Ah, I misread. I thought TentativePanda said
You’re that “legal trivialities > common sense” guy, aren’t you


Thought he was referring to some previous interaction I had forgotten. In that case... uh... no, I don’t think that’s an accurate characterization of my position


What Panda, Gahlo, Gors, and myself now are getting at is that this is something about your political firmware, not about the instance. The tragedy is, it intrinsically prevents you from recognizing the argument they are making. You're prepared (EDIT: looks like you did it before I got this edit in) to argue against it in a manner perfectly demonstrating their point and you literally can't see it and won't no matter how long or many ways they try.

It is because you are making base assumptions about how the world functions that they don't agree with and you accept as immutable.

No one can make you, but that only changes when you start to challenge the hegemonic assumptions at the root of your worldview for better or worse.

Uh... okay. Well I’m gonna go to bed now. Good luck with all that
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 07:42:12
February 06 2020 07:33 GMT
#41774
I'm not generally in the grand conspiracy camp, but this has been... pretty nuts.

It's likely that the process has been this disastrous the whole time, and it's only coming out now because of the recent transparency rules. That's fine. The thing that's unforgivable, though, is that as far as I can see, nearly every error has systematically disadvantaged Sanders and boosted the candidate closer to the center.

If it were just random deviation due to a ridiculous and archaic process managed by monkeys, one would expect it to go both ways. It almost never has.The monkeys are not just incompetent, they are deeply biased, and that is appalling for a party that is trying to position itself as the defender of democracy in the Trump era.

The Republicans have spent the last four years nakedly doing the it's-fine-when-it's-my-guy dance while the dems sat on a high horse. The dems have now been caught doing the exact same thing at the very first opportunity. Everyone involved needs to be called out, and thrown out.
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
February 06 2020 08:15 GMT
#41775
You guys seem to have different views on how professionals behave. Usually people fuck up despite being paid, not because they are being paid. From here, it looks like this is a giant fuck up entirely normal for an Organisation with very many participants being less than half educated on their process having just transitioned to a new system that did not work as intended. You are obviously closer to it, so it's possible you can see manipulation I don't.
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 08:34:55
February 06 2020 08:30 GMT
#41776
Again, if it were just regular incompetence, the errors and the beneficiaries would be random.

They are not. The errors seem to consistently disadvantage Sanders and assist the centrists. That is a problem.

Also, daily reminder that a random, unheard-of company with close ties to one of the actual candidates was chosen to manage the results. This is banana-republic stuff.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
February 06 2020 08:40 GMT
#41777
Some more reported errors here:

No will to live, no wish to die
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
February 06 2020 08:53 GMT
#41778
On February 06 2020 17:30 Belisarius wrote:
This is banana-republic stuff.

That's so ironic.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 08:59:56
February 06 2020 08:57 GMT
#41779
If that's a shot at Australia, we actually do elections very well.

We consistently elect morons, but damn it those morons are fairly elected to represent our population of morons.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
February 06 2020 09:04 GMT
#41780
Nah I'm referring to the fact those republics were mostly the direct product of US enterprises and CIA. Just check Honduras or Guatemala's recent history.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Prev 1 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 6009 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1266
TKL 415
IndyStarCraft 312
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1266
ByuN 512
TKL 415
IndyStarCraft 312
Reynor 175
BRAT_OK 55
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34100
Calm 2624
Shuttle 388
Mini 161
White-Ra 114
firebathero 102
Mong 59
soO 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3566
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3545
Liquid`Hasu481
MindelVK3
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2279
FrodaN1434
B2W.Neo760
olofmeister624
Khaldor471
KnowMe279
Beastyqt204
crisheroes174
Livibee173
Mew2King74
ToD56
kaitlyn16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick434
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach68
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 18
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Shiphtur726
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
29m
BSL Open Qualifier
29m
OSC
4h 29m
Replay Cast
4h 29m
OSC
17h 29m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.