• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7194 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 1653

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 6000 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22647 Posts
July 10 2019 20:43 GMT
#33041
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
July 10 2019 20:44 GMT
#33042
On July 11 2019 05:30 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

He holds almost no power anymore, but he and his wife are still the Republican boogieman. Wouldn't you say that in an age where Republicans still do everything they can to tie anything whatsoever to the Clintons, that it means something that Democrats would also say "yeah, fuck 'em"? As it is, you're not being consistent.

Which Republicans, what kind of episodes would you say prove the Clintons are “boogeyman” to them, and what are examples of things you think are unfairly tied to the Clintons? I really don’t know what you mean, and don’t want to move forward assuming something wrongly.

And are you yielding the point that casting off the Clintons matters less now that they’re politically expendable? It matters seeing as how we’re on tangents.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 10 2019 20:46 GMT
#33043
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 20:52:56
July 10 2019 20:48 GMT
#33044
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.

Let me just ask directly: do you think conservatives have a different philosophy regarding leadership? Do you think Democrats are more willing to go after their leaders?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 20:51:53
July 10 2019 20:50 GMT
#33045
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, you're arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.


So you're saying you'll vote for Trump if an implicated Democrat was the nominee?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 20:53:50
July 10 2019 20:51 GMT
#33046
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden, for that reason. We are literally in the process of tossing him aside, that was the debate, pretty much.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 20:54:07
July 10 2019 20:53 GMT
#33047
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 10 2019 20:55 GMT
#33048
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:01:10
July 10 2019 21:00 GMT
#33049
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
July 10 2019 21:00 GMT
#33050
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, you're arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.


So you're saying you'll vote for Trump if an implicated Democrat was the nominee?


I will vote for whoever is even 0.00001% better than the other. If both candidates makes me sick, I will vote for the one that makes me less sick.

If it turns out Harris skinned 10 kids but Trump skinned 11, I'd vote for Harris.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:05:01
July 10 2019 21:04 GMT
#33051
On July 11 2019 06:00 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, you're arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.


So you're saying you'll vote for Trump if an implicated Democrat was the nominee?


I will vote for whoever is even 0.00001% better than the other. If both candidates makes me sick, I will vote for the one that makes me less sick.

If it turns out Harris skinned 10 kids but Trump skinned 11, I'd vote for Harris.


That's my point, you'll both (parties) vote for absolutely monstrous people knowing full well they are monstrous.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 10 2019 21:06 GMT
#33052
On July 11 2019 06:00 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".


In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:08:57
July 10 2019 21:08 GMT
#33053
On July 11 2019 06:06 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:00 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".


In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.


Literally the same thing Republicans are doing. Voting for the molester they think is the better one for their interests. There's not moral high ground here for Democrats to claim.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:13:20
July 10 2019 21:09 GMT
#33054
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled to defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.


Misrepresentation of the issue. Not only is Bill Clinton largely irrelevant as a standard-bearer to the modern Democrat party, most of the policies he advocated are now seen as antiquated or too apologetic towards the Republicans of his era. Being a centrist back in the 90's and a white man, he is ripe for ejection as the ideological schism within the party itself begins to widen.

On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.


The accusations might've backfired among the plurality who are frankly tired of the oppressive atmosphere of distrust and suspicion permeating politics. The videos of him "groping children" are indistinguishable from a socially awkward old man; the accusations from women hold more gravitas but are equally bereft of proper evidence.

On July 11 2019 06:06 NewSunshine wrote:
In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.


Democrats have already accounted for this logic, which is why they habitually neglect to address any issues that the African-American community wants them to tackle. Once you capture a voting bloc via presenting yourself as the least worst option, you lose any initiative to actually work for your constituents.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 10 2019 21:11 GMT
#33055
On July 11 2019 06:08 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:06 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:00 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".


In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.


Literally the same thing Republicans are doing. Voting for the molester they think is the better one for their interests. There's not moral high ground here for Democrats to claim.

We're talking in super vague hypotheticals, so sure, you "got us". But the fact is most people in this thread were taking a dump on Biden as a candidate, and for his performance in the debates, and most people I saw elsewhere were doing the same. People might support him versus Trump, but they support a lot of other candidates first from where I'm sitting. Given the choice, they would drop him like a hot potato.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:13:29
July 10 2019 21:11 GMT
#33056
On July 11 2019 06:09 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled to defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.


Misrepresentation of the issue. Not only is Bill Clinton largely irrelevant as a standard-bearer to the modern Democrat party, most of the policies he advocated are now seen as antiquated or too apologetic towards the Republicans of his era. Being a centrist back in the 90's and a white man, he is ripe for ejection as the ideological schism within the party itself begins to widen.

Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.


The accusations might've backfired among the plurality who are frankly tired of the oppressive atmosphere of distrust and suspicion permeating politics. The videos of him "groping children" are indistinguishable from a socially awkward old man; the accusations from women hold more gravitas but are equally bereft of proper evidence.


Yeah, that's the line I remember from Democrats defending/dismissing Biden's groping of children.
On July 11 2019 06:11 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:08 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:06 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:00 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
[quote]It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".


In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.


Literally the same thing Republicans are doing. Voting for the molester they think is the better one for their interests. There's not moral high ground here for Democrats to claim.

We're talking in super vague hypotheticals, so sure, you "got us". But the fact is most people in this thread were taking a dump on Biden as a candidate, and for his performance in the debates, and most people I saw elsewhere were doing the same. People might support him versus Trump, but they support a lot of other candidates first from where I'm sitting. Given the choice, they would drop him like a hot potato.


Have you forgotten that xDaunt, Danglars, and Intro were not Trump supporters until he was their nominee?

"dumping" on Biden doesn't mean squat if they rally behind him as the nominee like Republicans did and Democrats have.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
July 10 2019 21:12 GMT
#33057
On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.

Let me just ask directly: do you think conservatives have a different philosophy regarding leadership? Do you think Democrats are more willing to go after their leaders?

Should any be the Democratic nominee, I fully expect the majority of Democrats to retain their support, since the alternative is Trump and that’s quite an ask. I don’t know if you personally would, when confronted with a choice an accused person and Trump, but I do remember your choices and reasoning on Northam.

I don’t think the current political class of either party is willing to surrender much for power. That’s an indictment of the politically powerful in both parties. I think the rank and file Republicans are much more willing to surrender power for principle, even flipping a Senate seat to Democrats, than the current crop of Democrats. Now this will be very nuanced on the size of the accused crime, and the reliability of the accuser, since these things are also disputed on those points as well. But that’s my opinion, since you asked.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:17:43
July 10 2019 21:17 GMT
#33058
On July 11 2019 06:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:00 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, you're arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.


So you're saying you'll vote for Trump if an implicated Democrat was the nominee?


I will vote for whoever is even 0.00001% better than the other. If both candidates makes me sick, I will vote for the one that makes me less sick.

If it turns out Harris skinned 10 kids but Trump skinned 11, I'd vote for Harris.


That's my point, you'll both (parties) vote for absolutely monstrous people knowing full well they are monsters



The way I see it, I am just another piece of trash who was born into a democracy without deserving any of the modern day luxuries. I respect that by trying to participate in political discourse, voting and other forms of engagement. I've decided it is my duty to cast my vote in a way that derives morality from consequentialism. I don't think consequentialism makes sense in a lot of other areas, but I think it makes sense when voting.

I donate money to people like Yang/Bernie and vote for them during primaries, but I will always cast a vote as a matter of consequence. So long as there are only 2 viable candidates (and I will always advocate for eliminating our current election system because 2 parties is trash), I will always choose to vote for whoever is even slightly better.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:19:16
July 10 2019 21:17 GMT
#33059
On July 11 2019 06:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:11 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:08 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:06 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:00 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:51 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
[quote]
Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, your arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

I'm not saying it doesn't count. But I would also point out that most people don't support Biden.


A plurality of Democrats do is my point and I see nothing indicating they would vote for Trump instead of swallowing their nominees faults and voting for them because they are "less bad than Trump". They are already giving him a pass for his inappropriate groping of children.

Well, folks voting for Jill Stein is one of the many reasons we're stuck with Trump right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. That voting for someone who's better than Trump despite their failings is wrong?


That Democrats will also vote for a child molester and explain it as just because the molester they support is "better than Trump".


In a perfect world, I'd have them all tossed in jail. But there's only so much time you can allot to purity testing, and in the booth on election day sure as shit ain't the time. Yes, you vote for the better candidate. Or in this case, the "least worst". That is a major indictment of our two-party system, but that's where we're at. If I have to choose a child molester who would make things better versus a child molester who would make things worse, then I would choose the better one.


Literally the same thing Republicans are doing. Voting for the molester they think is the better one for their interests. There's not moral high ground here for Democrats to claim.

We're talking in super vague hypotheticals, so sure, you "got us". But the fact is most people in this thread were taking a dump on Biden as a candidate, and for his performance in the debates, and most people I saw elsewhere were doing the same. People might support him versus Trump, but they support a lot of other candidates first from where I'm sitting. Given the choice, they would drop him like a hot potato.


Have you forgotten that xDaunt, Danglars, and Intro were not Trump supporters until he was their nominee?

"dumping" on Biden doesn't mean squat if they rally behind him as the nominee like Republicans did and Democrats have.

You're not going to say anything that I disagree with, on principle. But you're arguing that we need to change how people behave in politics, and we're not going to do that. Refusing to rally behind the nominee on your side, in practical terms, only cedes power to the people willing to cast the low vote on the other side, and most people won't do that.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-10 21:21:55
July 10 2019 21:21 GMT
#33060
On July 11 2019 06:17 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2019 06:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 06:00 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:46 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:43 Gorsameth wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:21 Introvert wrote:
I haven't seen that anywhere (t_d, or however you abbreviate it, doesnt count), but the obvious problem is that we've already seen the Clinton defense force, in the 1990s. It was so strong that people on the left today still think he was impeached over sex. Clinton is currently disposable, even moreso than Franken whose stories dropped at the worst possible time (and was alway going to be replaced with another Democrat).

The two aren't even comparable, unless you are willing to say dems would have thrown him overboard during his presidency.

Snd I think both sides would, if there was tape of either and a 14 year old girl, to be clear. I think being a pedophile is a different animal.
It didn't stop the Republican party from supporting Roy Moore.
(Yes they initially dropped support after public outcries got to heavy but later renewed it when it became apparent they might lose the seat)

I have seen no evidence at all from Republicans that they would throw Trump overboard, no matter what shows up.

Though I think we're talking margins here, and though he's certainly not my candidate of choice, there's a difference between supporting Biden, and supporting Roy Moore. Republicans went to the hilt for a child molester, and only stopped supporting him after he had just lost his first election. They saw an opportunity to push for a win, and they didn't care who it was or what they did. Didn't even take a second to think "hmm, surely we've got a better candidate to run with..."


So if Biden's video of him inappropriately touching children (clearly making them uncomfortable) doesn't count, you're arguing that if the videos were worse that Democrats would abandon their nominee more than Republicans did Trump?

On July 11 2019 05:48 Mohdoo wrote:
On July 11 2019 05:16 Danglars wrote:
On July 11 2019 04:57 Mohdoo wrote:
Every time someone brings up "Bill Clinton might be screwed by this Epstein thing", democrats are like "if he is, I want him to rot". I am seeing people on the right significantly more resistant to say they'd toss away the key for Trump if the same is true.

We've been down this road before: Cultural axioms of conservatism make conservatives feel compelled the defend their leaders significantly more than democrats.

Clinton holds almost no political power anymore, so Democrats don’t care if he goes. You’d see more of a reaction, akin to the morbid curiosity in the old Clinton war room around the time of bimbo eruptions, if he was close to his political apex.

If Beto, Biden, Bernie and Harris and buttiegig all are implicated, I will not defend them even slightly.


So you're saying you'll vote for Trump if an implicated Democrat was the nominee?


I will vote for whoever is even 0.00001% better than the other. If both candidates makes me sick, I will vote for the one that makes me less sick.

If it turns out Harris skinned 10 kids but Trump skinned 11, I'd vote for Harris.


That's my point, you'll both (parties) vote for absolutely monstrous people knowing full well they are monsters



The way I see it, I am just another piece of trash who was born into a democracy without deserving any of the modern day luxuries. I respect that by trying to participate in political discourse, voting and other forms of engagement. I've decided it is my duty to cast my vote in a way that derives morality from consequentialism. I don't think consequentialism makes sense in a lot of other areas, but I think it makes sense when voting.

I donate money to people like Yang/Bernie and vote for them during primaries, but I will always cast a vote as a matter of consequence. So long as there are only 2 viable candidates (and I will always advocate for eliminating our current election system because 2 parties is trash), I will always choose to vote for whoever is even slightly better.


Not the same, but both will support horrific people responsible for monstrous things to oppose someone they see as a worse option.

So it's not some conservative thing which was the point I was disputing.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 6000 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5538
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt716
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
C9.Mang0290
shahzam284
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE102
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
Dewaltoss58
ToD41
ZombieGrub40
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade997
Other Games
• imaqtpie943
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 54m
INu's Battles
14h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.