• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10177 users

UK Politics Mega-thread - Page 99

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 648 Next
In order to ensure that this thread meets TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we ask that everyone please adhere to this mod note.

Posts containing only Tweets or articles adds nothing to the discussions. Therefore, when providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments will be actioned upon.

All in all, please continue to enjoy posting in TL General and partake in discussions as much as you want! But please be respectful when posting or replying to someone. There is a clear difference between constructive criticism/discussion and just plain being rude and insulting.

https://www.registertovote.service.gov.uk
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 20:42:45
June 23 2016 20:40 GMT
#1961
On June 24 2016 05:25 Pr0wler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 04:49 Melliflue wrote:
On June 24 2016 04:06 Espers wrote:
They didn't ask for ID, seems a bit dumb.

I think the problem with requiring ID is that not everybody has an ID. I didn't get a passport until I was 21 and I don't have a driving licence. I don't drink alcohol so I never needed to worry about needing ID for that either. I would have had to get a form of ID purely to vote.

Moreover, people struggling for money - who cannot afford a car or to go abroad so have no form of ID - may choose to save money by not voting.

This is something that I never understood about US and UK (maybe other states do it too). You claim to be greatest democracies ever, but you have people that don't have ID cards. And people are allowed to vote without identifying themselves.
Here in Bulgaria the state gave me an ID card free of charge, as soon as I turned 18. Currently you can have your first ID card, as soon as you turn 14. Many other countries do it too
Why doesn't the government just give you the ID cards for free ? I mean, it's pretty important document for every citizen... How do you identify yourself in a bank office without an ID card ? How do you sign an employment contract without it ?

You don't need an ID card because it doesn't exist. To prove your identity, usually various documents can be used such as birth certificates or passports and drivers license being the most accepted, though I suppose there are the disadvantages of careless/stupid guardians simply losing your important documents. For the most part your passport or drivers license is used as your ID. I've never actually met a person in the UK who ever had difficulty proving their identity, but then again I don't move in a social circle where I have ever met people so poor that they can't afford one. The reasons for not having an ID card is that traditionally speaking UK is more liberal than the rest of continental Europe, though a few years ago there was some sort of scheme for an national ID card probably because of "terrorism", but I don't know what happened to that idea.
gsgfdf
Profile Joined March 2015
Greece2 Posts
June 23 2016 20:47 GMT
#1962
On June 24 2016 05:25 Pr0wler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 04:49 Melliflue wrote:
On June 24 2016 04:06 Espers wrote:
They didn't ask for ID, seems a bit dumb.

I think the problem with requiring ID is that not everybody has an ID. I didn't get a passport until I was 21 and I don't have a driving licence. I don't drink alcohol so I never needed to worry about needing ID for that either. I would have had to get a form of ID purely to vote.

Moreover, people struggling for money - who cannot afford a car or to go abroad so have no form of ID - may choose to save money by not voting.

This is something that I never understood about US and UK (maybe other states do it too). You claim to be greatest democracies ever, but you have people that don't have ID cards. And people are allowed to vote without identifying themselves.
Here in Bulgaria the state gave me an ID card free of charge, as soon as I turned 18. Currently you can have your first ID card, as soon as you turn 14. Many other countries do it too
Why doesn't the government just give you the ID cards for free ? I mean, it's pretty important document for every citizen... How do you identify yourself in a bank office without an ID card ? How do you sign an employment contract without it ?

Funnily enough, I got my first ID at 15. I needed it to be able to take the First Certificate in English Cambridge Exam.
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
June 23 2016 21:05 GMT
#1963


zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 23 2016 21:09 GMT
#1964
On June 24 2016 05:34 Zaros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 05:25 Pr0wler wrote:
On June 24 2016 04:49 Melliflue wrote:
On June 24 2016 04:06 Espers wrote:
They didn't ask for ID, seems a bit dumb.

I think the problem with requiring ID is that not everybody has an ID. I didn't get a passport until I was 21 and I don't have a driving licence. I don't drink alcohol so I never needed to worry about needing ID for that either. I would have had to get a form of ID purely to vote.

Moreover, people struggling for money - who cannot afford a car or to go abroad so have no form of ID - may choose to save money by not voting.

This is something that I never understood about US and UK (maybe other states do it too). You claim to be greatest democracies ever, but you have people that don't have ID cards. And people are allowed to vote without identifying themselves.
Here in Bulgaria the state gave me an ID card free of charge, as soon as I turned 18. Currently you can have your first ID card, as soon as you turn 14. Many other countries do it too
Why doesn't the government just give you the ID cards for free ? I mean, it's pretty important document for every citizen... How do you identify yourself in a bank office without an ID card ? How do you sign an employment contract without it ?


Government IDs are disliked due to the information the government would then have on its people without anyone having a choice but to surrender it.

That's pretty hilarious coming from someone from Airstrip One hahahaha.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 21:40:54
June 23 2016 21:40 GMT
#1965
Well the AP are calling it already but...



Almost certain to the wire, I wouldn't be surprised if things didn't fully hash out until 5am instead of the 3/330am that the FT/Sky/etc have called.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 21:45:22
June 23 2016 21:45 GMT
#1966
I'd rather you all just wait for the 6 hours or so for the results to be announced. A near 50-50 split no matter the poll simply means that the results can go either way when it is tallied up. What worries me is that at such voter proportions is that there will not be a clear democratic mandate for either result.
stilt
Profile Joined October 2012
France2755 Posts
June 23 2016 21:50 GMT
#1967
It would be so fucking funny seeing conservators and far right wing weakened a ultra liberal and technocratic institution like eu. :D
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 21:51:04
June 23 2016 21:50 GMT
#1968
On June 24 2016 06:45 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I'd rather you all just wait for the 6 hours or so for the results to be announced. A near 50-50 split no matter the poll simply means that the results can go either way when it is tallied up. What worries me is that at such voter proportions is that there will not be a clear democratic mandate for either result.


I agree, but once financial institutions start acting on the information their hands forced. As long as the polls are closed, reporters need to file their stories when people are receiving the information through other sources.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
June 23 2016 21:57 GMT
#1969
This is the ideal result for Cameron. He has a clear mandate to tell the EU the British people are unhappy and want some concessions while at the same time not having to take them out of the EU. From here on it's just salesmanship.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 22:12:15
June 23 2016 22:11 GMT
#1970
On June 24 2016 06:57 KwarK wrote:
This is the ideal result for Cameron. He has a clear mandate to tell the EU the British people are unhappy and want some concessions while at the same time not having to take them out of the EU. From here on it's just salesmanship.


You mean more concessions. Lets be real, the UK gets a better deal than any other country in the EU, is always "the special snowflake". I really don't think that the EU is willing to go even further.

I sincerely hope they leave. Better in the long run for everyone (including the EU - try selling even more concessions to the UK to poland, spain, italy and consorts).

That being said, looneys already out in full force calling it rigged. Funny to follow.
On track to MA1950A.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 23 2016 22:15 GMT
#1971
On June 24 2016 07:11 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 06:57 KwarK wrote:
This is the ideal result for Cameron. He has a clear mandate to tell the EU the British people are unhappy and want some concessions while at the same time not having to take them out of the EU. From here on it's just salesmanship.


You mean more concessions. Lets be real, the UK gets a better deal than any other country in the EU, is always "the special snowflake". I really don't think that the EU is willing to go even further.

I sincerely hope they leave. Better in the long run for everyone (including the EU - try selling even more concessions to the UK to poland, spain, italy and consorts).

That being said, looneys already out in full force calling it rigged. Funny to follow.

That is the part I expect to see a lot of. I hope for everyone that it is only a bunch of comical complaining and conspiracy theories.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
June 23 2016 22:20 GMT
#1972
On June 24 2016 07:15 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 07:11 m4ini wrote:
On June 24 2016 06:57 KwarK wrote:
This is the ideal result for Cameron. He has a clear mandate to tell the EU the British people are unhappy and want some concessions while at the same time not having to take them out of the EU. From here on it's just salesmanship.


You mean more concessions. Lets be real, the UK gets a better deal than any other country in the EU, is always "the special snowflake". I really don't think that the EU is willing to go even further.

I sincerely hope they leave. Better in the long run for everyone (including the EU - try selling even more concessions to the UK to poland, spain, italy and consorts).

That being said, looneys already out in full force calling it rigged. Funny to follow.

That is the part I expect to see a lot of. I hope for everyone that it is only a bunch of comical complaining and conspiracy theories.

I don't know how they will top the conspiracy theory going around earlier that polling booths had pencils so the government/MI5 could rub out leave voters crosses on the ballots.
Liquipedia
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 23 2016 22:27 GMT
#1973
On June 24 2016 07:20 imallinson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 07:15 Plansix wrote:
On June 24 2016 07:11 m4ini wrote:
On June 24 2016 06:57 KwarK wrote:
This is the ideal result for Cameron. He has a clear mandate to tell the EU the British people are unhappy and want some concessions while at the same time not having to take them out of the EU. From here on it's just salesmanship.


You mean more concessions. Lets be real, the UK gets a better deal than any other country in the EU, is always "the special snowflake". I really don't think that the EU is willing to go even further.

I sincerely hope they leave. Better in the long run for everyone (including the EU - try selling even more concessions to the UK to poland, spain, italy and consorts).

That being said, looneys already out in full force calling it rigged. Funny to follow.

That is the part I expect to see a lot of. I hope for everyone that it is only a bunch of comical complaining and conspiracy theories.

I don't know how they will top the conspiracy theory going around earlier that polling booths had pencils so the government/MI5 could rub out leave voters crosses on the ballots.

The internet was a mistake. We should have known when we created social media that mob rule, upvoting and the ability to share crappy photo shopped images with red lines would be the downfall of an informed population.

We were not prepared.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 23 2016 22:52 GMT
#1974
I read somewhere all the banks commissioned their own private exit polls, so following some economic variable which I don't know enough to name could give a clue to the result
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
June 23 2016 23:02 GMT
#1975
First data from Sunderland: 62% leave
Dating thread on TL LUL
Mafe
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany5966 Posts
June 23 2016 23:06 GMT
#1976
First rumours/results on guardian/bbc have "leave" getting doing better than expected, and even about by what they would need to win...?
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
June 23 2016 23:08 GMT
#1977
Remain is winning by 23k at the moment (BBC).
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
June 23 2016 23:09 GMT
#1978
newcastle was closer than was comfortable tho
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
mahrgell
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany3943 Posts
June 23 2016 23:12 GMT
#1979
Newcastle:
49.3% Leave
50.7% Remain
Gibraltar:
4.1% Leave
95.9% Remain
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-23 23:16:57
June 23 2016 23:16 GMT
#1980
Wow leave just overtook the lead, massive jump by Sunderland.
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 648 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 250
UpATreeSC 76
Codebar 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39714
Calm 3798
Bisu 2273
Shuttle 1372
FanTaSy 1266
Mini 546
Hyuk 395
actioN 338
Stork 307
EffOrt 287
[ Show more ]
firebathero 194
Barracks 183
Rush 181
Snow 141
Dewaltoss 109
Zeus 68
Shinee 48
Sharp 37
Killer 33
Hyun 31
soO 30
Pusan 29
Bale 27
Free 22
Shine 21
Aegong 19
PianO 17
HiyA 14
Liquid`Ret 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8599
Dendi975
XaKoH 236
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
x6flipin590
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes563
Other Games
singsing2470
hiko1490
FrodaN807
Beastyqt545
mouzStarbuck349
Livibee202
byalli193
Hui .159
Liquid`VortiX151
RotterdaM96
C9.Mang077
Trikslyr62
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV329
League of Legends
• Nemesis3275
Other Games
• Shiphtur898
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Replay Cast
6h 42m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.