• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:55
CEST 13:55
KST 20:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8225 users

UK Politics Mega-thread - Page 136

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 648 Next
In order to ensure that this thread meets TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we ask that everyone please adhere to this mod note.

Posts containing only Tweets or articles adds nothing to the discussions. Therefore, when providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments will be actioned upon.

All in all, please continue to enjoy posting in TL General and partake in discussions as much as you want! But please be respectful when posting or replying to someone. There is a clear difference between constructive criticism/discussion and just plain being rude and insulting.

https://www.registertovote.service.gov.uk
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-24 13:40:21
June 24 2016 13:38 GMT
#2701
On June 24 2016 22:27 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:15 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So was there any truth to what Nigel Farage said that there are polls in Sweden, Denmark, and The Netherlands that majority of people want a referendum to leave the EU?

We just had an opinion poll last week in the biggest Czech newspaper that the supporters of CZEXIT would win 53% : 47%. We want to be part of the EU, but definitely not the part of this dictatorship buerocratic machine ... 100.000 people voted (in a nation of something like 6-7 millions people, who can vote).



Czech wants out?
That I can not understand at all,they are one of the most succesfull new members coming from the former east block. The eu has been doing quiet well for them,why would they want to go out?'


" dictatorship buerocratic machine "

This is just becoming like a meme now. Blame everything bad on Europe beaurocrats.
Sure they are to blame for a lot but they also achieved a lot of good things.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 24 2016 13:39 GMT
#2702
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.
No will to live, no wish to die
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
June 24 2016 13:40 GMT
#2703
On June 24 2016 22:05 phantomlancer23 wrote:
I m so happy for brexit.Congratulations to british people they did the smart move for their country despite the threats and terror by the european mafia, i m so jealous of them i want grexit right NOW.I want to see EU burnt to the ground i hope french people follow in this path.

I remember when I visited Greece 15 years, ago, a lot of unfinished houses to not pay taxes (basicly, instead of a roof they had the beginning of a next floort but never planning on finishing it to avoid taxes) and we were told w had the choice to have a receipt or not when shopping, no taxes without receipt so way cheaper. I'm sure people agreeing on massive tax frauds has nothing to do with the Greek debt, it's EU's fault.

Let's remember that not so long ago Europe was plagued by wars. Also don't forget that EU did a lot to accelerate the economical growth of a lot of small European countries. It sure has a lot of flaws but some people seem to forget all the good thing it provides.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-24 13:41:39
June 24 2016 13:41 GMT
#2704
On June 24 2016 22:36 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 21:58 Plansix wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:06 Sent. wrote:
I hope the EU wont react with needless hostility. "You're with us or against us" attitude will only encourage more euroscepticism.

That doesn’t seem to be the tone I am hearing in the news this morning. Mostly just sad that it is happening an concern that millions of British citizens that live abroad in the EU. There was on commentator from Spain that said there is a very real chance they will lose their healthcare and pensions will be frozen while they work out the cost of living adjustment. I wasn’t 100% sure what that entailed exactly. And UK business people that were talking about their EU employees that might not be able to work for them any more. But its clear it is going to be very rough 2 years for some folks.

Were British citizens living in another country allowed to vote? It seems ridiculous if they weren't allowed to vote over something that completly changes your life.

expats who havent lived in britain for over 15 years were not eligible to vote

there was a supreme court challenge over the ruling but it was rejected
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 24 2016 13:43 GMT
#2705
So France has apparently overtaken the UK in economic size as a result of the UK burning to the ground financially.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
DickMcFanny
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
Ireland1076 Posts
June 24 2016 13:44 GMT
#2706
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
June 24 2016 13:46 GMT
#2707
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


Well you've convinced me....
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 24 2016 13:47 GMT
#2708
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


The policies that you recommend based on this criticism apply on people, not ideas.
No will to live, no wish to die
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
June 24 2016 13:48 GMT
#2709
On June 24 2016 22:43 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So France has apparently overtaken the UK in economic size as a result of the UK burning to the ground financially.

I'm sure the workers rioting in France over the new labour laws are happy to hear that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 24 2016 13:49 GMT
#2710
Reading some of the posts on voter turnout and age especially....that situation is nothing new.

On June 24 2016 20:25 Dan HH wrote:
Saw the vote breakdown by age brackets, seems the 65+ have decided this referendum. It's the same in my country, I'm 28 and only once out of 10 I've been on the winning side of a vote. With Europe's low natality rates and high life expectancy, there's simply no way for the 18-35 people to compete with the 65+, it's frustrating but I don't think there's anything to be done about it. I can only hope I won't be on the wrong side of history as often when I'm that age.


There was another graph I saw somewhere that net turnout for the elderly was just that much higher (mid 70s to mid 50s), that's the way it always is in a lot of countries tbh, it's been such in the past that initiatives that benefit youth are going to be easy targets when they don't show up to vote. I'm trying to look for that one graph a lot of stuff I'm seeing is percentages of ages groups voting but not absolute numbers. But long story short on that angle, old (and arguably those with lesser education) turned up and the young didn't.

There was another good poll showing youth numbers across party lines (except for UKIP obviously)

(sorry if this was a repost)



The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
DickMcFanny
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
Ireland1076 Posts
June 24 2016 13:49 GMT
#2711
On June 24 2016 22:47 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


The policies that you recommend based on this criticism apply on people, not ideas.


Only because we lack the intellectual honesty to make the distinction.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
June 24 2016 13:50 GMT
#2712
So any idea what will happen with immigrants living in the UK now? if anything. I have few friends from Lithuania that has been here for years.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
June 24 2016 13:50 GMT
#2713
On June 24 2016 22:27 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:15 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So was there any truth to what Nigel Farage said that there are polls in Sweden, Denmark, and The Netherlands that majority of people want a referendum to leave the EU?

We just had an opinion poll last week in the biggest Czech newspaper that the supporters of CZEXIT would win 53% : 47%. We want to be part of the EU, but definitely not the part of this dictatorship buerocratic machine ... 100.000 people voted (in a nation of something like 6-7 millions people, who can vote).

i would be interested to see that in france because i also think that a frexit would win the vote

take a look at this
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 24 2016 13:51 GMT
#2714
On June 24 2016 22:49 DickMcFanny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:47 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


The policies that you recommend based on this criticism apply on people, not ideas.


Only because we lack the intellectual honesty to make the distinction.


That is a sentence devoid of meaning.
No will to live, no wish to die
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
June 24 2016 13:51 GMT
#2715
On June 24 2016 22:38 pmh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:27 Diabolique wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:15 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So was there any truth to what Nigel Farage said that there are polls in Sweden, Denmark, and The Netherlands that majority of people want a referendum to leave the EU?

We just had an opinion poll last week in the biggest Czech newspaper that the supporters of CZEXIT would win 53% : 47%. We want to be part of the EU, but definitely not the part of this dictatorship buerocratic machine ... 100.000 people voted (in a nation of something like 6-7 millions people, who can vote).



Czech wants out?
That I can not understand at all,they are one of the most succesfull new members coming from the former east block. The eu has been doing quiet well for them,why would they want to go out?'


" dictatorship buerocratic machine "

This is just becoming like a meme now. Blame everything bad on Europe beaurocrats.
Sure they are to blame for a lot but they also achieved a lot of good things.

Yes, exactly ... we are really benefiting from the EU. Five years ago, it was still manageable. But now, the EU has turned into something, we do not want to be part of. The EU is not a democracy at all. There is some hope, the UK can move them to change something, but this hope is very low.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
June 24 2016 13:52 GMT
#2716
On June 24 2016 22:43 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So France has apparently overtaken the UK in economic size as a result of the UK burning to the ground financially.

every two year it changes place anyway, due to the value of the money so it doesn't surprise me
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 24 2016 13:53 GMT
#2717
Another Scottish independence referendum is “highly likely”, Nicola Sturgeon said after she revealed the Scottish government will begin to prepare the legislation for a fresh vote to break-up the union.

In a hugely significant step, the First Minister of Scotland made clear Scotland voting for Remain - in common with London and Northern Ireland - cleared the way for a repeat of the 2014 ballot.

Sturgeon said it is “democratically unacceptable” that Scotland would be taken out of the EU “against its will”, and it will take “all possible steps and explore all options” to stay in the bloc.


Source
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 24 2016 13:58 GMT
#2718
On June 24 2016 22:51 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:49 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:47 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


The policies that you recommend based on this criticism apply on people, not ideas.


Only because we lack the intellectual honesty to make the distinction.


That is a sentence devoid of meaning.

Intellectual honesty is my favorite internet buzzword for "people that refuse to agree with my smart point of view".
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 24 2016 13:59 GMT
#2719
On June 24 2016 22:50 Reaps wrote:
So any idea what will happen with immigrants living in the UK now? if anything. I have few friends from Lithuania that has been here for years.


Where I read, the consequences on a national level are unknown now/won't really take place until the exit is final, at the business level, there are some financial institutions (ie Morgan Stanley) that are moving positions to Frankfurt/Dublin/wherever that are more dependent on euro clearing (where movement has to happen immediately since that's how the financial markets work) and other major corporations like Airbus are also reviewing their UK bases/investments/etc and are figuring out what to do.

I think largely most people in this category are in limbo independent of their employer making decisions for them.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
DickMcFanny
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
Ireland1076 Posts
June 24 2016 14:01 GMT
#2720
On June 24 2016 22:58 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2016 22:51 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:49 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:47 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:44 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:39 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 22:32 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:58 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 24 2016 21:15 DickMcFanny wrote:
On June 24 2016 20:57 OtherWorld wrote:
So 40% or 25% = 100%, and that proves that all Muslims are heinous and evil? Geez, I guess with that kind of reasoning you can also claim that every single voter of a anti-european party is a racist who fantasizes about whipping migrants at night.


Yeah, I'm tired of this shit. Nobody has ever said "all" of them are heinous and evil. Nobody even used the word 'evil'.

It's the same discussion every time, it's like talking to a wall.



You get the same discussion because you're furthering the same points.

Please consider the casual difference between saying something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I question how we keep considering Saudi Arabia as our great ally and let it spread wahabism everywhere." and something like "I have concerns about radical islam, but I don't want to paint "all" of them as heinous and evil. Which is why I don't want to accept refugees."

Notice how one targets radical islam, and one targets muslims. Notice how you're always here to support the second. Understand why the wall is met.


My point precisely. From 'our' point of view, the term 'radical Islam' is a tautology.

Mainstream Islam, not ISIS, not Al Qaeda, not Wahhabism, would be considered off-the-spectrum-far-right and radical by any measure if it didn't have the privilege of being a minority religion and thus being above critical inspection.

The notion that people who were indoctrinated by this cancerous ideology from a very young age would just leave it at the door isn't just absurd, it's demonstrably wrong.


In that case I don't understand why you react negatively when you're accused of targeting all of them. That's clearly what you're doing.


Because you can criticize an ideology or idea without being racist towards those who were indoctrinated by it.


The policies that you recommend based on this criticism apply on people, not ideas.


Only because we lack the intellectual honesty to make the distinction.


That is a sentence devoid of meaning.

Intellectual honesty is my favorite internet buzzword for "people that refuse to agree with my smart point of view".


It's my favourite buzzword for "I accept evidence, even if it contradicts parts of my (liberal) world view".

But whatever, I didn't go into this actually thinking I could penetrate the bubble.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 648 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1094
WardiTV431
OGKoka 134
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11270
StarCastTV_EN295
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13582
Bisu 4904
FanTaSy 3839
Shuttle 1724
Jaedong 1477
BeSt 956
actioN 734
EffOrt 593
Horang2 473
Larva 267
[ Show more ]
Leta 262
Zeus 253
Mind 109
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
JYJ 82
Sexy 80
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 64
sorry 60
ToSsGirL 55
Killer 45
Shinee 45
Sea.KH 44
sSak 36
Bale 31
soO 25
Free 24
Aegong 21
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2089
Dendi646
XaKoH 355
Counter-Strike
x6flipin261
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1320
B2W.Neo547
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax214
Livibee137
dupreeh110
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1311
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 5m
Replay Cast
11h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.