• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:33
CEST 11:33
KST 18:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10251 users

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
May 14 2013 00:30 GMT
#421
On May 14 2013 09:26 aksfjh wrote:
Regardless of your opinion of the album's impact or status, we should all take a moment to admit that, once again, Daft Punk has come out with an album that is great to have in the background while making love.

True that, my friend.
o choro é livre
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
May 14 2013 01:59 GMT
#422
I know the general consensus here is that this album is not too Daft Punk, but damn if this is not some of the most quality musical project in recent memories. The album has a great variety, complicated sound layers. It's not necessarily better than say, Discovery, but definitely an evolution.
God that Within piece is so good
Fojod
Profile Joined May 2013
United States28 Posts
May 14 2013 02:03 GMT
#423
The Fojod approves of this music.
I am the Fojod
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
May 14 2013 02:21 GMT
#424
On May 14 2013 08:59 OceanLab wrote:
Ok I'm in love with Instant Crush. I guess it's appropriate, considering its name


I knowwww so gooooodd
Everyone needs a nemesis.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 14 2013 02:57 GMT
#425
Giorgio by moroder already has me transfixed.
I can tell I'm REALLY going to like this album despite it being a step away from their usual thing.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Obstikal
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
616 Posts
May 14 2013 04:50 GMT
#426
doing it right = instant goosebumps when ever the track starts , im on my 2nd listen of the album xD
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 14 2013 04:52 GMT
#427
I listened to the entire thing all the way through while gaming, I don't remember any specific thing about it other than I enjoyed it the entire time.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
May 14 2013 04:59 GMT
#428
Giorgio, Within, Contact, and Instant Crush are my favorite tracks on this album.

I think people were expecting too much along the lines of an Alive 2007 remake, hence the collective sentiment that this isn't much of a Daft Punk album.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
May 14 2013 05:01 GMT
#429
I loved it. It had this nice chill atmosphere along with funk. The album flowed really well, and ahhh I cannot wait to own it!
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
May 14 2013 05:03 GMT
#430
On May 14 2013 13:50 Obstikal wrote:
doing it right = instant goosebumps when ever the track starts , im on my 2nd listen of the album xD

Came here to post this sentiment. Have only given the album one solid listen through, but I loved this track.
Moderator
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
May 14 2013 05:07 GMT
#431
Don't like it... >.>
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 05:10:26
May 14 2013 05:10 GMT
#432
On my first listen, I enjoyed Giorgio and Contact, but don't know that either would end up in a playlist for me. They have a ton of potential for remixing/sampling though. Everything else (outside of Get Lucky) was pleasant but didn't stand out.

But multiple listens can change things dramatically. Instant Crush grew on me the quickest from this album, followed closely by Doin' it Right. Both are so good.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 06:31:03
May 14 2013 06:02 GMT
#433
I'm listening to this now, just finished 'Touch' with Paul Williams.

Um, this is the best album I've heard in fucking ages. From Giorgio on this album has been a masterpiece. They're not all going to be radio hits but it's just a beautiful tribute to dance and electronic music. Every track surprises.

For those who haven't heard of Paul Williams, all he wrote was the best goddamn song of all time.



Edit: Just finished the album. This is Daft Punk's equivalent to Pet Sounds. I know this album has been hyped a lot but it's hard to imagine them making a more thoughtful and mature album then this. Although if you're simply expecting a rehash of Discovery than your going to be disappointed.
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 08:14:32
May 14 2013 08:03 GMT
#434
On May 14 2013 14:03 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2013 13:50 Obstikal wrote:
doing it right = instant goosebumps when ever the track starts , im on my 2nd listen of the album xD

Came here to post this sentiment. Have only given the album one solid listen through, but I loved this track.


Same, this track is amazing. It's the only one that feels a little bit like the ''old'' Daft Punk music. So far I like Contact, Giorgio and Doin' it right and Instant Crush. Hmmm, on my second listen I like the album much more haha. Damn. How did I miss Instant Crush being this epic the first time I listened?
Elvedeta
Profile Joined November 2010
Portugal395 Posts
May 14 2013 08:26 GMT
#435
I listened to some of the songs yesterday but today on my work to work was listening to the full thing and so far I really like Doin' right, Instant Crush , Fragments of time, Contact and Giorgio.
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
May 14 2013 08:42 GMT
#436
wow
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 09:26:05
May 14 2013 08:55 GMT
#437
Overall a pretty good album - there were a few really excellent tracks, though unfortunately a few mediocre ones as well. Definitely over-hyped, although that was to be expected.

Rated from 1 (worst) to 10 (best):

9: Giorgio by Moroder, Contact
7: Give Life Back To Music, Motherboard, Doin' It Right
6: Get Lucky
5: Lose Yourself to Dance
4: Instant Crush, Beyond, Fragments of Time
3: The Game of Love, Within
WTF am I even listening to: Touch
vibeo gane,
humblegar
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Norway883 Posts
May 14 2013 10:42 GMT
#438
This massive hype pre-order itunes-thing is begging for piracy. I know many people what will not touch iTunes ever again for various reasons, and the age of "buying" music and keeping a personal collection of MP3-s is not exactly the future?

They should just release it everywhere if they want people to actually listen to their music(and not pirate it).

And no, I will not pirate it. I will suffer and wait :p
Sra
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands75 Posts
May 14 2013 10:46 GMT
#439
weird, touch is one of my favorite songs.
dunno
POiNTx
Profile Joined July 2010
Belgium309 Posts
May 14 2013 10:47 GMT
#440
On May 14 2013 19:42 humblegar wrote:
This massive hype pre-order itunes-thing is begging for piracy. I know many people what will not touch iTunes ever again for various reasons, and the age of "buying" music and keeping a personal collection of MP3-s is not exactly the future?

They should just release it everywhere if they want people to actually listen to their music(and not pirate it).

And no, I will not pirate it. I will suffer and wait :p


What do you mean? Atm you can listen to it for free on iTunes, no need to preorder.
Fuck yeah serotonin
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 615
Hyuk 454
BeSt 422
Shuttle 286
actioN 188
Leta 146
Zeus 115
EffOrt 97
ZerO 85
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
Light 67
Shinee 43
Mong 41
soO 40
Mind 40
Killer 37
Aegong 35
sorry 32
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 24
PianO 17
ZergMaN 12
Terrorterran 10
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 9
Sharp 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe128
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss660
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1732
Other Games
gofns25739
summit1g8485
olofmeister1334
singsing1332
ceh9583
crisheroes315
DeMusliM125
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee106
ZerO(Twitch)11
XBOCT6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick521
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream241
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 18
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Jankos1884
• Rush1357
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
27m
OSC
3h 27m
Stellar Fest
3h 27m
OSC
14h 27m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.