• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6211 users

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
May 13 2013 22:41 GMT
#401
It's ok, but I'm not crazy about it... Hoping for something like Alive 2007
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
May 13 2013 22:43 GMT
#402
On May 14 2013 07:29 Al Bundy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2013 07:27 Slaughter wrote:
Maybe you will like it when they remix the album to a sound that is more daft punkish like they said they will do.

Oh really? Man that is going to be awesome Thanks for the information.

edit; I'm truly sorry, I should have read the thread before posting. It was mentioned a couple pages back


No worries I think there are a lot of people who have similar thoughts on the album.
Never Knows Best.
2v2levels
Profile Joined December 2012
United States88 Posts
May 13 2013 22:46 GMT
#403
On May 14 2013 05:33 stratmatt wrote:
this album has been hyped wayyyyyyy tooooo much. for realz. i havnt heard it yet and i expect it to be listenable. but dumb fanboys have been repping this shit like its the 2nd coming. good going


If you have ever seen them live, you would know Daft Punk live is the 2nd coming. I think I came like 4 times when I saw them.

That said...... I'm not sure how much I like all the singing and the idea of self-aware robots, but the music is definitely solid and workable. Remember how vanilla the tracks on homework and less so discovery were? There is plenty of potential for their live shows and remixes from this material.
A jack of all trades is a master of none.
Inquisitor
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada253 Posts
May 13 2013 22:53 GMT
#404
I really wanted to like the album.. but I couldn't get into the more retro sound of it. If all the songs were like Contact though, I think I would have loved it (it was the only song I really enjoyed)
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
May 13 2013 23:01 GMT
#405
I'll be in the minority: really enjoying it.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 13 2013 23:05 GMT
#406
Game of Love just kept making me think of Game of Thrones. Kept picturing the Game of Thrones characters going through their lives with this song playing in the background lol.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Chemist391
Profile Joined October 2010
United States368 Posts
May 13 2013 23:06 GMT
#407
Absolutely love it.

Feeling a synthetic kind of love.
sunshinehero
Profile Joined April 2012
Norway89 Posts
May 13 2013 23:11 GMT
#408
After first playtrough I feel like I have witnessed something unique and extreme.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 13 2013 23:15 GMT
#409
Is the iTunes stream disabled already? The songs are greyed out for me in the iTunes store, no matter which way I approach the page (even the giant home page links that say "stream it for free")
clementdudu
Profile Joined September 2010
France819 Posts
May 13 2013 23:15 GMT
#410
On May 14 2013 07:40 Derez wrote:
I don't get why people like Touch. Have you actually listened to it and to the vocals? It's absolutely over the top atrocious ;p.

For what is supposed to be a 'west coast' album its still extremely french, you hear influence in it from recent french electro (justice = contact, giorgio by moroder = kavinsky, certain songs sounding like they could have been done by air). And yes, it'll get remixed again, probably the same treatment they gave human after all by integrating it into the rest of their work for live shows.

really good analysis actuallyoO

contact sounds a lot like justice and air could have made a lot of those songs.

completely agree on touch too,its terrible
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
May 13 2013 23:23 GMT
#411
And instant crush sounds like phoenix, so french, love it
Liquid through and through
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
May 13 2013 23:30 GMT
#412
Now the big hating and the worshipping will be completely unaffected by the actual quality of this release. It's a pretty good album, let's see if it's good enough to become a classic like Discovery.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 23:40:17
May 13 2013 23:35 GMT
#413
downloading new album now(will buy when its local), hopefully its smoother and less rock based then the stupid technologic and roboty rock era.

my favourite album is probably discovery with favourite song being crecendolls/voyager. intersteller 5555 is still probably the best amv ever

savior did nothing wrong
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
May 13 2013 23:59 GMT
#414
Ok I'm in love with Instant Crush. I guess it's appropriate, considering its name
Liquid through and through
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 00:11:51
May 14 2013 00:06 GMT
#415
5 stars: Giorgio by Moroder, Get Lucky, Doin' It Right
4 stars: Give Life Back to Music, Contact
3 stars: The Game of Love, Instant Crush, Fragments of Time, Lose Yourself to Dance
2 stars: Within, Touch, Beyond, Motherboard
1 stars: ---

Couple of the songs I just had no interest in at all and I was literally falling asleep listening to them and forgot I was listening to the new album Tis ok I didn't like all 100% of their songs on previous albums. Some were def gonna be favorites and added to the glorious DP playlist of their best stuff.

7/10 Not their best album, was definitely different, but that's what Daft Punk does. Still great to listen to imo.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
AmorphousPhoenix
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
107 Posts
May 14 2013 00:07 GMT
#416
I'm not a big fan of Daft Punk, only heard about them a couple weeks ago. There are a few really solid tracks on this album, Beyond, Fragments, and Lucky are probably the major standouts. But I can't figure out why people like Lose Yourself to Dance, the vocals are extremely irritating and repetitive. Probably one of the worst tracks.
Nine in 10 members of the U.S. House and Senate who sought new terms in office this year were successful, improving their record for re-election even as public approval of Congress sank to all-time lows.
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
May 14 2013 00:15 GMT
#417
This doesn't mean anything because I'm a person that can pretty much appreciate everything but I really like it so far.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
May 14 2013 00:18 GMT
#418
I actually am really enjoying this album and I really don't like older DP.

Go figure
Schlootle
Profile Joined January 2012
United States54 Posts
May 14 2013 00:19 GMT
#419
On May 14 2013 09:06 Zooper31 wrote:
5 stars: Giorgio by Moroder, Get Lucky, Doin' It Right
4 stars: Give Life Back to Music, Contact
3 stars: The Game of Love, Instant Crush, Fragments of Time, Lose Yourself to Dance
2 stars: Within, Touch, Beyond, Motherboard
1 stars: ---


Its probably just me, but I feel as though Doin' it Right is the weakest song on the album. It just lacks excitement and feels boring.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
May 14 2013 00:26 GMT
#420
Regardless of your opinion of the album's impact or status, we should all take a moment to admit that, once again, Daft Punk has come out with an album that is great to have in the background while making love.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft396
RuFF_SC2 181
Nina 99
-ZergGirl 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2063
sorry 36
Bale 27
910 17
yabsab 16
Icarus 9
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 677
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
Other Games
summit1g7864
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0266
Livibee160
Sick134
Maynarde130
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2264
League of Legends
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 5m
Stellar Fest
8h 5m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.