• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:38
CEST 01:38
KST 08:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8579 users

Your 20 seconds of courage? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
August 11 2012 15:38 GMT
#101
Jumping in front of a German Shepard Dog that was out to bite my 9 year old daughter and getting my arm bitten
Kich
Profile Joined April 2011
United States339 Posts
August 11 2012 15:41 GMT
#102
Hell yeah Dad-Instinct. Tell me you wrecked that dog's day.
iNerrant
Profile Joined July 2012
United States4 Posts
August 11 2012 15:50 GMT
#103
2 Deployments to Iraq as an Infantryman in the U.S. Army.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
August 11 2012 15:55 GMT
#104
On August 12 2012 00:41 Kich wrote:
Hell yeah Dad-Instinct. Tell me you wrecked that dog's day.



you dont really feel pain until later :D, Dog ended up running away cuz I kicked him so hard it sent him spinning
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 16:07:57
August 11 2012 16:07 GMT
#105
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 23:31 D10 wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:13 Kich wrote:
On August 11 2012 20:35 divito wrote:
On August 11 2012 14:20 TommyP wrote:
What about sacrificing your own life so someone else can live? How is that selfish?

You wanted to do it, makes you feel good, etc... thus selfish.


I had this conversation with someone that I went to college with, he thought that no action could ever not be selfish because you don't do anything that doesn't benefit you. The problem with this line of thought is it's attempting to diminish the actual act, but it doesn't. While subconsciously holding the door for someone may make me feel good, it's still something that I don't have to do to make someone else's day better.

When virtually all things you do are selfish, the word Selfish no longer has real meaning because it's a default quality of all things and is simultaneously unquantifiable.

So we then have to redefine the word Selfish in regards to actions, which to most people who haven't taken "that course in your freshman year of college that told you that and it stuck with you because you didn't really think about it" is the following:

An action that benefits explicitly yourself, no one else, and generally at the benefit of others.

Every action I do requires muscles but you don't see me telling people that shaking their hand is a "work out". You have to acknowledge that yeah, I guess objectively at some level everything you do is selfish because you wouldn't do anything that doesn't make you feel good or benefit you on some level (be it emotional or worldly), but you also have to recognize then that if selfishness is a default quality of all actions then an action can be simultaneously altruistic and selfish.

It's entirely possible to do something that is completely selfless and still feel good about it. Which essentially nukes that line of thinking.


[image loading]


LMFAO bolded part so good.

I had a moment of 20 seconds of courage a few weeks ago:

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises on my own cause none of my friends are free and I don't want to get ruined by spoilers. It's in the daytime and I go to a restaurant beforehand cause I don't want to see what is going to be the freaking BEST MOVIE EVER for me by being hungry (the Pancake Parlour... pancakes so delicious) and the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

That's why you never ask if they are single. You just ask for their number. 9 times out of 10, even if they have a boyfriend you can usually get a number if you go about it right. Once you got the number, you are in the door.
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
August 11 2012 16:09 GMT
#106
I bought a phone and decided to stop being afraid of people.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
Ashakyre
Profile Joined October 2011
United States99 Posts
August 11 2012 16:13 GMT
#107
On August 12 2012 00:50 iNerrant wrote:
2 Deployments to Iraq as an Infantryman in the U.S. Army.


So far you win this thread, good sir.
Deadlyhazard
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1177 Posts
August 11 2012 16:14 GMT
#108
I remember asking a girl out (first time) in high school. I was like HAY U WANNA GO GET ICECRAEEMMm instead of just saying something normal and she was like .....sure! Then 20 seconds later she just ran from me and I never saw her again. Her friends laughed at me the next year.


I've never asked a girl out since and I'm about to complete college ;______;.
Hark!
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 16:18:44
August 11 2012 16:17 GMT
#109
Nevermind, tasteless joke...
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 11 2012 16:19 GMT
#110
On August 12 2012 01:07 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:31 D10 wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:13 Kich wrote:
On August 11 2012 20:35 divito wrote:
On August 11 2012 14:20 TommyP wrote:
What about sacrificing your own life so someone else can live? How is that selfish?

You wanted to do it, makes you feel good, etc... thus selfish.


I had this conversation with someone that I went to college with, he thought that no action could ever not be selfish because you don't do anything that doesn't benefit you. The problem with this line of thought is it's attempting to diminish the actual act, but it doesn't. While subconsciously holding the door for someone may make me feel good, it's still something that I don't have to do to make someone else's day better.

When virtually all things you do are selfish, the word Selfish no longer has real meaning because it's a default quality of all things and is simultaneously unquantifiable.

So we then have to redefine the word Selfish in regards to actions, which to most people who haven't taken "that course in your freshman year of college that told you that and it stuck with you because you didn't really think about it" is the following:

An action that benefits explicitly yourself, no one else, and generally at the benefit of others.

Every action I do requires muscles but you don't see me telling people that shaking their hand is a "work out". You have to acknowledge that yeah, I guess objectively at some level everything you do is selfish because you wouldn't do anything that doesn't make you feel good or benefit you on some level (be it emotional or worldly), but you also have to recognize then that if selfishness is a default quality of all actions then an action can be simultaneously altruistic and selfish.

It's entirely possible to do something that is completely selfless and still feel good about it. Which essentially nukes that line of thinking.


[image loading]


LMFAO bolded part so good.

I had a moment of 20 seconds of courage a few weeks ago:

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises on my own cause none of my friends are free and I don't want to get ruined by spoilers. It's in the daytime and I go to a restaurant beforehand cause I don't want to see what is going to be the freaking BEST MOVIE EVER for me by being hungry (the Pancake Parlour... pancakes so delicious) and the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

That's why you never ask if they are single. You just ask for their number. 9 times out of 10, even if they have a boyfriend you can usually get a number if you go about it right. Once you got the number, you are in the door.

Yeaaaah to me that's a bit of a dickish strategy, even if it might work better. I prefer a girl that would be honest from the get go.
Moderator
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
August 11 2012 16:21 GMT
#111
On August 11 2012 14:15 xrapture wrote:
Courage = committing an action with selfish motives-- same as every other action.


Thats so deep bro. Very counterculture and hip.
Ryan307 :)
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States1289 Posts
August 11 2012 16:22 GMT
#112
I think my big moment was admitting I had a serious drug problem and checking myself into rehab. That was over three years ago and I have been clean ever since.
Dont let the action of factual things fracture your casual swing
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
August 11 2012 16:24 GMT
#113
On August 12 2012 01:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 01:07 Dosey wrote:
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:31 D10 wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:13 Kich wrote:
On August 11 2012 20:35 divito wrote:
On August 11 2012 14:20 TommyP wrote:
What about sacrificing your own life so someone else can live? How is that selfish?

You wanted to do it, makes you feel good, etc... thus selfish.


I had this conversation with someone that I went to college with, he thought that no action could ever not be selfish because you don't do anything that doesn't benefit you. The problem with this line of thought is it's attempting to diminish the actual act, but it doesn't. While subconsciously holding the door for someone may make me feel good, it's still something that I don't have to do to make someone else's day better.

When virtually all things you do are selfish, the word Selfish no longer has real meaning because it's a default quality of all things and is simultaneously unquantifiable.

So we then have to redefine the word Selfish in regards to actions, which to most people who haven't taken "that course in your freshman year of college that told you that and it stuck with you because you didn't really think about it" is the following:

An action that benefits explicitly yourself, no one else, and generally at the benefit of others.

Every action I do requires muscles but you don't see me telling people that shaking their hand is a "work out". You have to acknowledge that yeah, I guess objectively at some level everything you do is selfish because you wouldn't do anything that doesn't make you feel good or benefit you on some level (be it emotional or worldly), but you also have to recognize then that if selfishness is a default quality of all actions then an action can be simultaneously altruistic and selfish.

It's entirely possible to do something that is completely selfless and still feel good about it. Which essentially nukes that line of thinking.


[image loading]


LMFAO bolded part so good.

I had a moment of 20 seconds of courage a few weeks ago:

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises on my own cause none of my friends are free and I don't want to get ruined by spoilers. It's in the daytime and I go to a restaurant beforehand cause I don't want to see what is going to be the freaking BEST MOVIE EVER for me by being hungry (the Pancake Parlour... pancakes so delicious) and the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

That's why you never ask if they are single. You just ask for their number. 9 times out of 10, even if they have a boyfriend you can usually get a number if you go about it right. Once you got the number, you are in the door.

Yeaaaah to me that's a bit of a dickish strategy, even if it might work better. I prefer a girl that would be honest from the get go.


She's a waitress for crying out loud. You aren't looking to wife the girl up, you're just looking for a good time.
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
August 11 2012 16:28 GMT
#114
On August 12 2012 01:24 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 01:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
On August 12 2012 01:07 Dosey wrote:
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:31 D10 wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:13 Kich wrote:
On August 11 2012 20:35 divito wrote:
On August 11 2012 14:20 TommyP wrote:
What about sacrificing your own life so someone else can live? How is that selfish?

You wanted to do it, makes you feel good, etc... thus selfish.


I had this conversation with someone that I went to college with, he thought that no action could ever not be selfish because you don't do anything that doesn't benefit you. The problem with this line of thought is it's attempting to diminish the actual act, but it doesn't. While subconsciously holding the door for someone may make me feel good, it's still something that I don't have to do to make someone else's day better.

When virtually all things you do are selfish, the word Selfish no longer has real meaning because it's a default quality of all things and is simultaneously unquantifiable.

So we then have to redefine the word Selfish in regards to actions, which to most people who haven't taken "that course in your freshman year of college that told you that and it stuck with you because you didn't really think about it" is the following:

An action that benefits explicitly yourself, no one else, and generally at the benefit of others.

Every action I do requires muscles but you don't see me telling people that shaking their hand is a "work out". You have to acknowledge that yeah, I guess objectively at some level everything you do is selfish because you wouldn't do anything that doesn't make you feel good or benefit you on some level (be it emotional or worldly), but you also have to recognize then that if selfishness is a default quality of all actions then an action can be simultaneously altruistic and selfish.

It's entirely possible to do something that is completely selfless and still feel good about it. Which essentially nukes that line of thinking.


[image loading]


LMFAO bolded part so good.

I had a moment of 20 seconds of courage a few weeks ago:

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises on my own cause none of my friends are free and I don't want to get ruined by spoilers. It's in the daytime and I go to a restaurant beforehand cause I don't want to see what is going to be the freaking BEST MOVIE EVER for me by being hungry (the Pancake Parlour... pancakes so delicious) and the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

That's why you never ask if they are single. You just ask for their number. 9 times out of 10, even if they have a boyfriend you can usually get a number if you go about it right. Once you got the number, you are in the door.

Yeaaaah to me that's a bit of a dickish strategy, even if it might work better. I prefer a girl that would be honest from the get go.


She's a waitress for crying out loud. You aren't looking to wife the girl up, you're just looking for a good time.


It depends on the person mate. Some people aren't the "looking for a good time" type. Waitresses aren't all party girls looking for a fling (a majority are though).
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
Tom Cruise
Profile Joined July 2012
Denmark482 Posts
August 11 2012 16:34 GMT
#115
On August 12 2012 01:28 StyLeD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 01:24 Dosey wrote:
On August 12 2012 01:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
On August 12 2012 01:07 Dosey wrote:
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:31 D10 wrote:
On August 11 2012 23:13 Kich wrote:
On August 11 2012 20:35 divito wrote:
On August 11 2012 14:20 TommyP wrote:
What about sacrificing your own life so someone else can live? How is that selfish?

You wanted to do it, makes you feel good, etc... thus selfish.


I had this conversation with someone that I went to college with, he thought that no action could ever not be selfish because you don't do anything that doesn't benefit you. The problem with this line of thought is it's attempting to diminish the actual act, but it doesn't. While subconsciously holding the door for someone may make me feel good, it's still something that I don't have to do to make someone else's day better.

When virtually all things you do are selfish, the word Selfish no longer has real meaning because it's a default quality of all things and is simultaneously unquantifiable.

So we then have to redefine the word Selfish in regards to actions, which to most people who haven't taken "that course in your freshman year of college that told you that and it stuck with you because you didn't really think about it" is the following:

An action that benefits explicitly yourself, no one else, and generally at the benefit of others.

Every action I do requires muscles but you don't see me telling people that shaking their hand is a "work out". You have to acknowledge that yeah, I guess objectively at some level everything you do is selfish because you wouldn't do anything that doesn't make you feel good or benefit you on some level (be it emotional or worldly), but you also have to recognize then that if selfishness is a default quality of all actions then an action can be simultaneously altruistic and selfish.

It's entirely possible to do something that is completely selfless and still feel good about it. Which essentially nukes that line of thinking.


[image loading]


LMFAO bolded part so good.

I had a moment of 20 seconds of courage a few weeks ago:

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises on my own cause none of my friends are free and I don't want to get ruined by spoilers. It's in the daytime and I go to a restaurant beforehand cause I don't want to see what is going to be the freaking BEST MOVIE EVER for me by being hungry (the Pancake Parlour... pancakes so delicious) and the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

That's why you never ask if they are single. You just ask for their number. 9 times out of 10, even if they have a boyfriend you can usually get a number if you go about it right. Once you got the number, you are in the door.

Yeaaaah to me that's a bit of a dickish strategy, even if it might work better. I prefer a girl that would be honest from the get go.


She's a waitress for crying out loud. You aren't looking to wife the girl up, you're just looking for a good time.


It depends on the person mate. Some people aren't the "looking for a good time" type. Waitresses aren't all party girls looking for a fling (a majority are though).


why would you care if she's single though? that has nothing to do with courage, that's just you lacking the required confidence in yourself to look past the fact that the girl may or may not be available, although you should definitely not let that get in your way.
Wyk
Profile Joined March 2011
314 Posts
August 11 2012 16:44 GMT
#116
On August 12 2012 00:19 nebffa wrote:nd the waitress serving me has a great smile and was easy to talk to. I joke with her the few times she comes over, and I start to think... hang on, she actually is good looking with a great smile and is easy to talk to... should I ask her out?

I think about it a little as I'm eating my pancakes and then I have to go because the movie starts in 5 minutes... ok... what am I going to do? Do I have the courage? What do I say? ... ok instead of getting all messed up I'm just going to go up and pay and not force anything... just talk a little and if it's right it's right... so I go up and as I pay we talk a little and I think... yep just go for it, and I say "I wouldn't normally ask this, but.. are you single?"

She isn't

but she says she's flattered with that great smile. So I walk away but I feel great cause that's the first time I've asked a girl out from a store/restaurant

Dude stop teasing.
We know australian chicks are the hottest.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 18:38:19
August 11 2012 18:37 GMT
#117
Theres a great quote from Dr Frankl about this.

“So live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning


I always remember this line when im hesitant with girls.

Better to regret what you have done wrong, than to regret never having the guts to try it
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
August 11 2012 19:34 GMT
#118
On August 12 2012 03:37 D10 wrote:
Theres a great quote from Dr Frankl about this.

Show nested quote +
“So live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning


I always remember this line when im hesitant with girls.

Better to regret what you have done wrong, than to regret never having the guts to try it

hmm, that's a pretty good quote.

my favourite "girl quote" is from Community:
Love is a gamble always, but waiting won't change the dice. Either you roll them or you lose your turn

just picture the next guy saying "hurry up dude, are you gonna do it or not? because if you're not I will." there's nothing quite like seeing a line of people behind you to get you to jump into the water.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 22:05:21
August 11 2012 22:04 GMT
#119
On August 12 2012 01:21 See.Blue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 14:15 xrapture wrote:
Courage = committing an action with selfish motives-- same as every other action.


Thats so deep bro. Very counterculture and hip.

I was just about to say the same thing, almost word for word.

Seriously whats up with this thread? Its a cesspool of hipsters and cynics trying to bring everyone down to their level. This thread is about 20 seconds of courage. First of all, why are you guys trying to be asses by shitting on people for having the courage to do things that scare them? Second of all, people can still be courageous in doing selfish things can't they?

Yeesh, people trying too hard to be deep here...
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
August 11 2012 22:12 GMT
#120
When I was a kid and probably still about 65 pounds, we were trying to get our full grown cow into a trailer to take to the butcher but this cow had serious mental illness and was running around bucking and kicking its feet in the air. It was big, even for a beef cow. Me, my Dad and my brother and trying to guide it into the trailer and it sees me and essentially charges me.

Its running straight at me looking berserk and kicking its back legs up above its head as it ran and swinging its head up and down (like I said, mentally ill). My Dad (very strict and loud voice) yells at me to not let it past me.

I basically starting swinging my skinny little arms above my head and jumping up and down screamimg incoherently "blaaugggdeaduaalde!!!" and the cow keeps charging me berserk-like. I don't back down and I keep screaming and jumping and swinging my arms and the cow turns aside at the last moment and my dad is able to push it into the trailer and close it up. I then fell down on the grass and tried to catch my breath. I've never had that much adrenaline in my body before.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE138
PiGStarcraft72
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 539
Rain 242
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever601
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox178
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g6883
shahzam571
JimRising 487
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr47
Maynarde33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen188
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
22m
PiGStarcraft72
Kung Fu Cup
11h 22m
Stellar Fest
13h 22m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.