• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 37 Next All
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
October 21 2011 05:09 GMT
#321
On October 21 2011 14:06 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:02 mcmartini wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:58 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:51 FabledIntegral wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T

Where did I ever write that? You people are just putting words in my mouth because you want to make me out to be some kind of hypocrite. A woman being unable to have a child due to a defect in her body is sad and I'm all for her having an operation that would solve it or allowing her to adopt. With gay couples I'm against it and I wrote why in my earlier post. Why are you comparing gay women to women with defects in their body, does it make any sense at all?

If you people don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you just twist peoples words, it's a joke.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to, because it's not natural? I hope you're disgusted with people with glasses seeing as naturally they shouldn't be able to see that well. What is wrong with having two mothers or two fathers, if they're loving parents it should make no difference.

You're only reinforcing his point.

(lol)

I'm far from reinforcing his point. He said he doesn't like something because it's not natural. I'm saying he should dislike EVERYTHING that isn't natural if that's the case. How in any way am I reinforcing his point
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Evil_Monkey_
Profile Joined May 2003
Denmark296 Posts
October 21 2011 05:10 GMT
#322
On October 21 2011 14:03 Tektos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:01 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 14:00 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:58 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:51 FabledIntegral wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T

Where did I ever write that? You people are just putting words in my mouth because you want to make me out to be some kind of hypocrite. A woman being unable to have a child due to a defect in her body is sad and I'm all for her having an operation that would solve it or allowing her to adopt. With gay couples I'm against it and I wrote why in my earlier post. Why are you comparing gay women to women with defects in their body, does it make any sense at all?


On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


..... There?



So I can exclude four words from the sentences of other people in this thread and we will have a good basis for a discusssion? You've got to be kidding me.



Are you serious?


You stated that the REASON YOU WERE AGAINST GAYS RAISING CHILDREN WAS:
"Because they are incapable of having children together naturally"

So if a heterosexual couple can't have children naturally, do you think they have no right to raise a child?


Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:02 Waffnub wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

pathetically hilarious how this guy got banned for his respectful opinion.

I personally Don't think gay marriage is good or beneficial for any society as it seems to just create problems.

Read the thread, he was banned for saying "I hope I dont get banned". That right there gives you an ban, every time.


People having a defect in their body is not the same as being gay, don't you get it ? You can't just exclude multiple words from peoples sentences and then use them against them, it's no basis for discussion. Unless you're a politician or in a kindergarden. Anyway, I'm off you guys can continue hunting down people with none 'open-minded' opinions in the hope that it makes you more 'open-minded'.
........
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 05:13 GMT
#323
On October 21 2011 14:09 mcmartini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:06 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 14:02 mcmartini wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:58 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:51 FabledIntegral wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T

Where did I ever write that? You people are just putting words in my mouth because you want to make me out to be some kind of hypocrite. A woman being unable to have a child due to a defect in her body is sad and I'm all for her having an operation that would solve it or allowing her to adopt. With gay couples I'm against it and I wrote why in my earlier post. Why are you comparing gay women to women with defects in their body, does it make any sense at all?

If you people don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you just twist peoples words, it's a joke.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to, because it's not natural? I hope you're disgusted with people with glasses seeing as naturally they shouldn't be able to see that well. What is wrong with having two mothers or two fathers, if they're loving parents it should make no difference.

You're only reinforcing his point.

(lol)

I'm far from reinforcing his point. He said he doesn't like something because it's not natural. I'm saying he should dislike EVERYTHING that isn't natural if that's the case. How in any way am I reinforcing his point

expand the quotations and search for this line: If you people don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you just twist peoples words.

(haha)
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
October 21 2011 05:14 GMT
#324
On October 21 2011 13:48 TyrantPotato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?


The thing is Australia is just naturally conservative. There are sections of the community that are homophobic but according the courier mail 78% of Australians are in support of gay marriage. We take a long time to do anything.

I honestly think that most political problems in this country are just beat-up stories that aren't worth the attention they get. We say we are the lucky country but we don't exactly act like it (carbon tax is going to roon us, protect our borders blah blah blah).
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 05:17:09
October 21 2011 05:16 GMT
#325
Edit: WTF Double post
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
October 21 2011 05:17 GMT
#326
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:01 matjlav wrote:
On October 21 2011 12:55 Brett wrote:
I'm all for homosexual unions which result in the couple receiving the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple, I just don't believe it should be called marriage... because it's not. Marriage, by definition, means the union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.

Not everthing has to be the same. Equal but different is fine by me.


By whose definition? See, the funny thing about words is that their definitions are not set in stone by universal decree. And what would bother you so much about the word "marriage" being defined as the union between any two consenting adults?

There's no denying that the word "marriage" has years of social value that you deny to homosexual couples when you give them the cold, stuffy label of a "civil union." You could make a lot of people happier by just giving them equal acknowledgement with the same title. Why not just do it? Your rhetoric all just ends up being a cover for heterosexism because the only reason to be concerned about the definition of the word "marriage" is if you're somehow concerned about being somehow tainted by the gays.

By definition of hundreds of years of experience and existence. By definition of legislation in this country: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ma196185/s5.html.


Do you realize that this argument is just "We shouldn't make gay marriage legal because gay marriage isn't legal"? This entire debate is over whether we should change the current legal definition of marriage.

Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
I already told you "why not just do it?". Because not everything has to be the same.


Errrm, that's not a reason. If making gay unions and straight unions have the same name makes a large number people happier, you have to provide some reason not to do it for your argument against it to have any reason at all.

What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

This entire debate is not about the definition of marriage at all. It's about equality for homosexual people. I am all for such couples having the same legal rights and benefits as heterosexual couples because the law should be blind.

What you are arguing about though is a notion of perception. You are arguing that everthing should be mashed up and called the same so as not to acknowledge any difference, and reduce the possibilty of highlighting difference. You are saying that the highlighting of difference, in this case by calling the 'unions' different things, leads to dislike, hate or discrimination of homosexual couples.

My view is that such a notion is nonsense. The difference is there. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change anything, it just pushes it underground. It's no different to continuing racism where the law (no longer) recognises any difference between people. Idiotic people who don't understand things different to them (homosexual couples, other races, whatever), and fear what they don't understand, will continue to feel the same, regardless of what you do to hide the difference.

In this particular case, in the process of pushing for homosexual unions to be called marriage, you are diluting the traditional definition of marriage as you go. And you're doing it purely because of perception, differences in which will always exist. That's not a good enough reason for me. There is value in tradition.
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 05:18 GMT
#327
On October 21 2011 14:14 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:48 TyrantPotato wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?


The thing is Australia is just naturally conservative. There are sections of the community that are homophobic but according the courier mail 78% of Australians are in support of gay marriage. We take a long time to do anything.

I honestly think that most political problems in this country are just beat-up stories that aren't worth the attention they get. We say we are the lucky country but we don't exactly act like it (carbon tax is going to roon us, protect our borders blah blah blah).

Depends on the wording of the question imo.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
October 21 2011 05:18 GMT
#328
On October 21 2011 14:14 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:48 TyrantPotato wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?


The thing is Australia is just naturally conservative. There are sections of the community that are homophobic but according the courier mail 78% of Australians are in support of gay marriage. We take a long time to do anything.

I honestly think that most political problems in this country are just beat-up stories that aren't worth the attention they get. We say we are the lucky country but we don't exactly act like it (carbon tax is going to roon us, protect our borders blah blah blah).


I would rather vote for our carbon tax at this point, all this Marriage stuff for gay people are diversions to deflect the heat from the introduced carbon tax which the people are not allowed to vote for. Don't even mention the border protection, our prime minister is jumping in circle cuz her Malaysian solution was slam by High Court. Political Circus at it's best, that's all it is.
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
October 21 2011 05:19 GMT
#329
On October 21 2011 14:06 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:02 mcmartini wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:58 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:51 FabledIntegral wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T

Where did I ever write that? You people are just putting words in my mouth because you want to make me out to be some kind of hypocrite. A woman being unable to have a child due to a defect in her body is sad and I'm all for her having an operation that would solve it or allowing her to adopt. With gay couples I'm against it and I wrote why in my earlier post. Why are you comparing gay women to women with defects in their body, does it make any sense at all?

If you people don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you just twist peoples words, it's a joke.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to, because it's not natural? I hope you're disgusted with people with glasses seeing as naturally they shouldn't be able to see that well. What is wrong with having two mothers or two fathers, if they're loving parents it should make no difference.

You're only reinforcing his point.

(lol)


No... he isn't in the slightest...
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 05:20 GMT
#330
On October 21 2011 14:17 Brett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:01 matjlav wrote:
On October 21 2011 12:55 Brett wrote:
I'm all for homosexual unions which result in the couple receiving the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple, I just don't believe it should be called marriage... because it's not. Marriage, by definition, means the union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.

Not everthing has to be the same. Equal but different is fine by me.


By whose definition? See, the funny thing about words is that their definitions are not set in stone by universal decree. And what would bother you so much about the word "marriage" being defined as the union between any two consenting adults?

There's no denying that the word "marriage" has years of social value that you deny to homosexual couples when you give them the cold, stuffy label of a "civil union." You could make a lot of people happier by just giving them equal acknowledgement with the same title. Why not just do it? Your rhetoric all just ends up being a cover for heterosexism because the only reason to be concerned about the definition of the word "marriage" is if you're somehow concerned about being somehow tainted by the gays.

By definition of hundreds of years of experience and existence. By definition of legislation in this country: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ma196185/s5.html.


Do you realize that this argument is just "We shouldn't make gay marriage legal because gay marriage isn't legal"? This entire debate is over whether we should change the current legal definition of marriage.

On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
I already told you "why not just do it?". Because not everything has to be the same.


Errrm, that's not a reason. If making gay unions and straight unions have the same name makes a large number people happier, you have to provide some reason not to do it for your argument against it to have any reason at all.

What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

This entire debate is not about the definition of marriage at all. It's about equality for homosexual people. I am all for such couples having the same legal rights and benefits as heterosexual couples because the law should be blind.

What you are arguing about though is a notion of perception. You are arguing that everthing should be mashed up and called the same so as not to acknowledge any difference, and reduce the possibilty of highlighting difference. You are saying that the highlighting of difference, in this case by calling the 'unions' different things, leads to dislike, hate or discrimination of homosexual couples.

My view is that such a notion is nonsense. The difference is there. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change anything, it just pushes it underground. It's no different to continuing racism where the law (no longer) recognises any difference between people. Idiotic people who don't understand things different to them (homosexual couples, other races, whatever), and fear what they don't understand, will continue to feel the same, regardless of what you do to hide the difference.

In this particular case, in the process of pushing for homosexual unions to be called marriage, you are diluting the traditional definition of marriage as you go. And you're doing it purely because of perception, differences in which will always exist. That's not a good enough reason for me. There is value in tradition.

Well said Brett Holman.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
sandg
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia123 Posts
October 21 2011 05:21 GMT
#331
Why not let them get married, if they wanna be miserable like everyone else then let them!
The mind is capable of anything, because everything is in it.
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
October 21 2011 05:21 GMT
#332
On October 21 2011 14:10 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:03 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 14:01 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 14:00 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:58 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:51 FabledIntegral wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T

Where did I ever write that? You people are just putting words in my mouth because you want to make me out to be some kind of hypocrite. A woman being unable to have a child due to a defect in her body is sad and I'm all for her having an operation that would solve it or allowing her to adopt. With gay couples I'm against it and I wrote why in my earlier post. Why are you comparing gay women to women with defects in their body, does it make any sense at all?


On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


..... There?



So I can exclude four words from the sentences of other people in this thread and we will have a good basis for a discusssion? You've got to be kidding me.



Are you serious?


You stated that the REASON YOU WERE AGAINST GAYS RAISING CHILDREN WAS:
"Because they are incapable of having children together naturally"

So if a heterosexual couple can't have children naturally, do you think they have no right to raise a child?


On October 21 2011 14:02 Waffnub wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

pathetically hilarious how this guy got banned for his respectful opinion.

I personally Don't think gay marriage is good or beneficial for any society as it seems to just create problems.

Read the thread, he was banned for saying "I hope I dont get banned". That right there gives you an ban, every time.


People having a defect in their body is not the same as being gay, don't you get it ? You can't just exclude multiple words from peoples sentences and then use them against them, it's no basis for discussion. Unless you're a politician or in a kindergarden. Anyway, I'm off you guys can continue hunting down people with none 'open-minded' opinions in the hope that it makes you more 'open-minded'.


Defects sometimes occur naturally, so you would have to concede that if you're against gays having kids but fine with infertile women having kids then you're against it for the fact that they're gay not because they can't naturally have a child together.
GG_NO_RE
Profile Joined October 2009
Japan238 Posts
October 21 2011 05:21 GMT
#333
i can't believe that this is actually an issue. it's so clearly backwards and discriminatory to bar gay people from getting married
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
October 21 2011 05:22 GMT
#334
On October 21 2011 14:18 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:14 Probulous wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 TyrantPotato wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?


The thing is Australia is just naturally conservative. There are sections of the community that are homophobic but according the courier mail 78% of Australians are in support of gay marriage. We take a long time to do anything.

I honestly think that most political problems in this country are just beat-up stories that aren't worth the attention they get. We say we are the lucky country but we don't exactly act like it (carbon tax is going to roon us, protect our borders blah blah blah).

Depends on the wording of the question imo.


As do all polls. It is neither here nor there really. The question right now is whether the labor party will be taking this a policy platform. Doubt it, which is really sad for a party with its history.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 05:24 GMT
#335
On October 21 2011 14:22 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 14:18 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 14:14 Probulous wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:48 TyrantPotato wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?


The thing is Australia is just naturally conservative. There are sections of the community that are homophobic but according the courier mail 78% of Australians are in support of gay marriage. We take a long time to do anything.

I honestly think that most political problems in this country are just beat-up stories that aren't worth the attention they get. We say we are the lucky country but we don't exactly act like it (carbon tax is going to roon us, protect our borders blah blah blah).

Depends on the wording of the question imo.


As do all polls. It is neither here nor there really. The question right now is whether the labor party will be taking this a policy platform. Doubt it, which is really sad for a party with its history.

Whatever happens, hopefully Gillard stays as Prime Minister (as much as I dislike her) as Tony Abbott is a moron.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
October 21 2011 05:24 GMT
#336
On October 21 2011 14:17 Brett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:01 matjlav wrote:
On October 21 2011 12:55 Brett wrote:
I'm all for homosexual unions which result in the couple receiving the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple, I just don't believe it should be called marriage... because it's not. Marriage, by definition, means the union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.

Not everthing has to be the same. Equal but different is fine by me.


By whose definition? See, the funny thing about words is that their definitions are not set in stone by universal decree. And what would bother you so much about the word "marriage" being defined as the union between any two consenting adults?

There's no denying that the word "marriage" has years of social value that you deny to homosexual couples when you give them the cold, stuffy label of a "civil union." You could make a lot of people happier by just giving them equal acknowledgement with the same title. Why not just do it? Your rhetoric all just ends up being a cover for heterosexism because the only reason to be concerned about the definition of the word "marriage" is if you're somehow concerned about being somehow tainted by the gays.

By definition of hundreds of years of experience and existence. By definition of legislation in this country: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ma196185/s5.html.


Do you realize that this argument is just "We shouldn't make gay marriage legal because gay marriage isn't legal"? This entire debate is over whether we should change the current legal definition of marriage.

On October 21 2011 13:19 Brett wrote:
I already told you "why not just do it?". Because not everything has to be the same.


Errrm, that's not a reason. If making gay unions and straight unions have the same name makes a large number people happier, you have to provide some reason not to do it for your argument against it to have any reason at all.

What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

This entire debate is not about the definition of marriage at all. It's about equality for homosexual people. I am all for such couples having the same legal rights and benefits as heterosexual couples because the law should be blind.

What you are arguing about though is a notion of perception. You are arguing that everthing should be mashed up and called the same so as not to acknowledge any difference, and reduce the possibilty of highlighting difference. You are saying that the highlighting of difference, in this case by calling the 'unions' different things, leads to dislike, hate or discrimination of homosexual couples.

My view is that such a notion is nonsense. The difference is there. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change anything, it just pushes it underground. It's no different to continuing racism where the law (no longer) recognises any difference between people. Idiotic people who don't understand things different to them (homosexual couples, other races, whatever), and fear what they don't understand, will continue to feel the same, regardless of what you do to hide the difference.

In this particular case, in the process of pushing for homosexual unions to be called marriage, you are diluting the traditional definition of marriage as you go. And you're doing it purely because of perception, differences in which will always exist. That's not a good enough reason for me. There is value in tradition.


So you support the segregation of gay people?

"They're gay, they can't have what we have because we're not like them but we'll give them something about the same it'll be fine"
hoppipolla
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia782 Posts
October 21 2011 05:25 GMT
#337
It's pathetic how our supposedly "progressive" party in Labor is so against a law that is simply humane and supported by the vast majority of Australians. Just pass the law and be done with it, ignore the hysterical conservative dominated media and listen to the people for once.
"It's not acceptable"
Legatus Lanius
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2135 Posts
October 21 2011 05:28 GMT
#338
the labor party is all about giving dole money to westies can i get an amen?
"He's the Triple H of Brood War." - Ribbon on Flash | "He's more like the John Cena of Brood War." - Aus)MaCrO on Flash
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
October 21 2011 05:28 GMT
#339
On October 21 2011 14:21 GG_NO_RE wrote:
i can't believe that this is actually an issue. it's so clearly backwards and discriminatory to bar gay people from getting married


Funny you should say that, when your listed country doesn't allow gay marriage and doesn't seem to be looking to legalize it anytime soon either.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
October 21 2011 05:28 GMT
#340
I would have thought it was already allowed in Australia, I wonder if it's allowed here...
LOUD NOISES!!!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 156
ProTech150
JuggernautJason67
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 202
Dewaltoss 127
Hyuk 74
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
League of Legends
Doublelift1262
Counter-Strike
fl0m1513
Fnx 758
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4535
Khaldor1083
crisheroes976
Liquid`Hasu713
Other Games
summit1g6890
FrodaN2340
shahzam393
KnowMe371
XBOCT339
C9.Mang0183
ArmadaUGS144
ZombieGrub29
CosmosSc2 25
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2399
Other Games
• imaqtpie857
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 31m
Online Event
14h 31m
FEL
19h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.