• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8430 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 04:38 GMT
#281
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Why?

It's a simple question. Do you think single mothers and single fathers can't raise children? Why do you think that having two dads or two moms would have any kind of issue? It's a blatantly sexist argument that has no basis in reality. There is no indication that same-sex parents would be any worse than hetero-parents.

Reality matters. You don't just get to say "But but but you need a mother and father! That's the way it's supposed to be!" without any evidence.


I don't think single parenting is in anyway the ideal for children for me, the ideal is having a mum and a dad. It's in no way 'sexist' as you state, I simply believe women and men are different and have different skills and perspectives on life and can pass these on to their children and enlighten them.
Secondly, I believe if you're in a same-sex relationship or marriage, you're exposing your child to bullying and denying your child of having a father or a mother. An extra aunt or uncle simply isn't a substitute. I'm well aware that I could never be a substitute for my wife when we raise children because
A: I cannot feed the child 'literally'.

B: I don't have the same emotional side that she has and have not grown up learning the same things that she has.

C: I cannot carry a child in my stomach, maybe if I did a 'Junior' I might be able to but otherwise not =_=.

D: It's confusing for a child seeing all the other children have a mum and a dad and themselves not having one. It's also confusing to see your either your father try to play the woman role or your mother trying to play man role. It's simply people pretending to be something they're not.

E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.

Well said mate.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 04:40 GMT
#282
On October 21 2011 13:37 Tektos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:34 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

Public outrage for one, LOL!

The question will be worded in such a way that both sides of the debate won't be fully satisfied anyway, the result will be no.


Public outrage by a bigoted minority.

The pro-gay marriage minority?
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
October 21 2011 04:40 GMT
#283
On October 21 2011 10:50 Bobble wrote:
You most live somewhere pretty stuck in old beliefs then, It's the opposite situation for me.

Homosexuality is not a new belief or lifestyle. It's just the latest and greatest civil rights movement because the left ran out of racial ones. =)
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
October 21 2011 04:42 GMT
#284
On October 21 2011 13:40 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:37 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:34 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

Public outrage for one, LOL!

The question will be worded in such a way that both sides of the debate won't be fully satisfied anyway, the result will be no.


Public outrage by a bigoted minority.

The pro-gay marriage minority?


Did you even read what you responded to?


Let me lay it out again for you with explanations

1) What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

2) Public outrage for one, LOL!
-> Implying people would be outraged about gays having the same rights as heterosexuals

3) Public outrage by a bigoted minority.
-> People who are outraged that gays get equal rights are bigoted.
tso
Profile Joined April 2010
United States132 Posts
October 21 2011 04:43 GMT
#285
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?
...
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 04:49:00
October 21 2011 04:43 GMT
#286
On October 21 2011 13:30 meatbox wrote:

Depends, having two feminine daddies won't work, there needs to be feminine and masculine roles fulfilled by each parent, I suggest necessary assessments need to take place in order for gay couples to qualify as parents, gay marriage should be legally called partnership, which would have the same rights as marriage as our Swedish correspondent mentions.


Ok, but the evidence is against that hypothesis. For instance consider these and the links i provided before in this thread:

Psychosocial Adjustment, School Outcomes, and Romantic Relationships of Adolescents with Same-Sex Parents

Do parents influence the sexual orientation of their children? Findings from a longitudinal study of lesbian families.

There's no evidence that having two daddies, for instance, does not lead to proper development. The regular male/female roles are sometimes changed to other people (e.g. uncles), if necessary.


Because I would rather they be adopted by a loving (straight) couple, who have a proven track record of success. There is a shortage of babies, so priority of adoption should go to those who are most likely to succeed. If we end up with a surplus of babies given up for adoption, then yes, I do support homosexual adoption in those (limited) circumstances.


Straight couples also have a large proportion of failures as well. Though not proved for as long as straight couples, gay couples have not been found to be any worse. In fact, current developmental psychology attributes closeness and quality of care with successful (i.e. well adjusted) parenting, NOT the sexual orientation of the parents.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
October 21 2011 04:44 GMT
#287
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?
since 98'
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
October 21 2011 04:45 GMT
#288
On October 21 2011 13:40 0neder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 10:50 Bobble wrote:
You most live somewhere pretty stuck in old beliefs then, It's the opposite situation for me.

Homosexuality is not a new belief or lifestyle. It's just the latest and greatest civil rights movement because the left ran out of racial ones. =)


It's not a fucking left right issue. It's about giving rights to a group of people that happen to enjoy a lifestyle that you apparently don't like.
Evil_Monkey_
Profile Joined May 2003
Denmark296 Posts
October 21 2011 04:45 GMT
#289
On October 21 2011 13:09 GettinMyFill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Who are you to decide what children are entitled to? Are children entitled to abusive fathers and alcoholic mothers too? What if a gay couple could provide what your regular male female parents couldn't?

Don't bring up Sodom and Gomorra, unless you love black slavery too.

Sodom and Gomorra is a part of many Christian's mentality and a part of our culture, just like many Christian values have shaped our value system today. Also I never stated that all parents are great, I've outlined my opinions on why same-sex adoption and impregnation are wrong in one of my earlier posts.
........
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
October 21 2011 04:48 GMT
#290
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Why?

It's a simple question. Do you think single mothers and single fathers can't raise children? Why do you think that having two dads or two moms would have any kind of issue? It's a blatantly sexist argument that has no basis in reality. There is no indication that same-sex parents would be any worse than hetero-parents.

Reality matters. You don't just get to say "But but but you need a mother and father! That's the way it's supposed to be!" without any evidence.


I don't think single parenting is in anyway the ideal for children for me, the ideal is having a mum and a dad. It's in no way 'sexist' as you state, I simply believe women and men are different and have different skills and perspectives on life and can pass these on to their children and enlighten them.
Secondly, I believe if you're in a same-sex relationship or marriage, you're exposing your child to bullying and denying your child of having a father or a mother. An extra aunt or uncle simply isn't a substitute. I'm well aware that I could never be a substitute for my wife when we raise children because
A: I cannot feed the child 'literally'.

B: I don't have the same emotional side that she has and have not grown up learning the same things that she has.

C: I cannot carry a child in my stomach, maybe if I did a 'Junior' I might be able to but otherwise not =_=.

D: It's confusing for a child seeing all the other children have a mum and a dad and themselves not having one. It's also confusing to see your either your father try to play the woman role or your mother trying to play man role. It's simply people pretending to be something they're not.

E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


Nicely put. Although I'm all for gay people marrying, this is another issue not so easily tackle.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 21 2011 04:48 GMT
#291
On October 21 2011 13:38 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Why?

It's a simple question. Do you think single mothers and single fathers can't raise children? Why do you think that having two dads or two moms would have any kind of issue? It's a blatantly sexist argument that has no basis in reality. There is no indication that same-sex parents would be any worse than hetero-parents.

Reality matters. You don't just get to say "But but but you need a mother and father! That's the way it's supposed to be!" without any evidence.


I don't think single parenting is in anyway the ideal for children for me, the ideal is having a mum and a dad. It's in no way 'sexist' as you state, I simply believe women and men are different and have different skills and perspectives on life and can pass these on to their children and enlighten them.
Secondly, I believe if you're in a same-sex relationship or marriage, you're exposing your child to bullying and denying your child of having a father or a mother. An extra aunt or uncle simply isn't a substitute. I'm well aware that I could never be a substitute for my wife when we raise children because
A: I cannot feed the child 'literally'.

B: I don't have the same emotional side that she has and have not grown up learning the same things that she has.

C: I cannot carry a child in my stomach, maybe if I did a 'Junior' I might be able to but otherwise not =_=.

D: It's confusing for a child seeing all the other children have a mum and a dad and themselves not having one. It's also confusing to see your either your father try to play the woman role or your mother trying to play man role. It's simply people pretending to be something they're not.

E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.

Well said mate.


Except that a gay couple could most likely raise a child better than if that child were to be raised as an orphan. It's not as if there's a shortage of orphans in our world in any society...
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
October 21 2011 04:48 GMT
#292
On October 21 2011 13:44 LarJarsE wrote:
am I the only one that didn't know that australia is supposedly a "homophobic country"? its definitely good that they are trying to be more open about it since on its shown regularly on TV here in the states. do they not have gays in australian soaps?


we do have gays on our soapies.

but whenever a serial killer comes along they seem to be the first ones to go

jokes aside.

i support gay marriage. why because it doesn't bloody effect me and it would make many couples happy i'm sure.

i mean seriously how is a gay couple getting married in Brisbane going to cause a world ending apocalypse and fire raining down in my neighborhood?
Forever ZeNEX.
Evil_Monkey_
Profile Joined May 2003
Denmark296 Posts
October 21 2011 04:48 GMT
#293
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.
........
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
October 21 2011 04:48 GMT
#294
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Why?

It's a simple question. Do you think single mothers and single fathers can't raise children? Why do you think that having two dads or two moms would have any kind of issue? It's a blatantly sexist argument that has no basis in reality. There is no indication that same-sex parents would be any worse than hetero-parents.

Reality matters. You don't just get to say "But but but you need a mother and father! That's the way it's supposed to be!" without any evidence.


I don't think single parenting is in anyway the ideal for children for me, the ideal is having a mum and a dad. It's in no way 'sexist' as you state, I simply believe women and men are different and have different skills and perspectives on life and can pass these on to their children and enlighten them.
Secondly, I believe if you're in a same-sex relationship or marriage, you're exposing your child to bullying and denying your child of having a father or a mother. An extra aunt or uncle simply isn't a substitute. I'm well aware that I could never be a substitute for my wife when we raise children because
A: I cannot feed the child 'literally'.

B: I don't have the same emotional side that she has and have not grown up learning the same things that she has.

C: I cannot carry a child in my stomach, maybe if I did a 'Junior' I might be able to but otherwise not =_=.

D: It's confusing for a child seeing all the other children have a mum and a dad and themselves not having one. It's also confusing to see your either your father try to play the woman role or your mother trying to play man role. It's simply people pretending to be something they're not.

E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


A: Seriously, breastfeeding as a serious argument?

B: Masculine women and feminine men can make perfectly fine fathers and mothers. This is pure sexism. You put too much stock in gender roles, especially in the modern era.

C: What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about adoption. Heterosexual couples can also adopt, you know.

D: So, the child is different??? Again, a gender role argument that is sexism in its purest form.

E: I have no idea how you went from "can't have children naturally" to "they shouldn't be allowed to." Like this is a blatant logical jump. Do you think women who are barren should not be allowed to adopt because nature clearly thinks they shouldn't be able to?
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 21 2011 04:49 GMT
#295
What is this democracy you speak of?
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 04:51:28
October 21 2011 04:50 GMT
#296
I'm 19 but I've been lazy to fill in the AEC federal election form thing (since the federal election was like two weeks before my 18th). Will I be forced to vote on this?
Commentator
Honga
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia64 Posts
October 21 2011 04:51 GMT
#297
I don't even see why this is an issue. The government aims to separate religion and state, therefore their view on marriage should be purely a union for support, both financial and emotional.

Given this, why is it different for two blokes or two women to get married?

Hypothetical:
If I was pretty good mates with a guy, living together for a while, and sharing resources, raising a kid in the same house, regardless of sexual activity, I would expect us to be able to declare ourselves as co-dependent for financial status of a married couple.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 21 2011 04:51 GMT
#298
On October 21 2011 13:48 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:43 tso wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:36 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
E: Same sex couples are incapable of having children together naturally, why should they be allowed to? I think it's completely and utterly wrong.


barren women? eh?

I'll dignify your post with a reply, even though it's hardly worth my time. My point is that a man and man or a woman and a woman are completely incapable of having a child together by natural means.


lol how is that a logical argument whatsoever. If I'm infertile should I not be able to adopt because I can't have my own children via natural means? T_T
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 04:51 GMT
#299
On October 21 2011 13:42 Tektos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:40 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:37 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:34 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

Public outrage for one, LOL!

The question will be worded in such a way that both sides of the debate won't be fully satisfied anyway, the result will be no.


Public outrage by a bigoted minority.

The pro-gay marriage minority?


Did you even read what you responded to?


Let me lay it out again for you with explanations

1) What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

2) Public outrage for one, LOL!
-> Implying people would be outraged about gays having the same rights as heterosexuals

3) Public outrage by a bigoted minority.
-> People who are outraged that gays get equal rights are bigoted.

People who are outraged that gays get equal rights make up a large majority of the Australian population.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
October 21 2011 04:52 GMT
#300
On October 21 2011 13:51 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 13:42 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:40 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:37 Tektos wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:34 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:28 matjlav wrote:What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

Public outrage for one, LOL!

The question will be worded in such a way that both sides of the debate won't be fully satisfied anyway, the result will be no.


Public outrage by a bigoted minority.

The pro-gay marriage minority?


Did you even read what you responded to?


Let me lay it out again for you with explanations

1) What are the negative consequences of legally redefining the word "marriage" to include same-sex couples?

2) Public outrage for one, LOL!
-> Implying people would be outraged about gays having the same rights as heterosexuals

3) Public outrage by a bigoted minority.
-> People who are outraged that gays get equal rights are bigoted.

People who are outraged that gays get equal rights make up a large majority of the Australian population.


Put it to a vote and we'll see.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25245
firebathero 2110
Bisu 760
Hyuk 463
Horang2 329
BeSt 223
Larva 146
EffOrt 130
Sexy 125
Leta 113
[ Show more ]
Light 92
Soma 91
Dewaltoss 85
Killer 84
Rush 55
Barracks 50
Pusan 50
ZerO 46
soO 44
ToSsGirL 42
Sharp 32
Mini 26
Shinee 24
Aegong 23
Bale 22
NaDa 20
Sacsri 18
sorry 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 4
zelot 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 185
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1130
byalli852
kRYSTAL_66
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor970
crisheroes821
Other Games
gofns35716
singsing1735
olofmeister1038
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)8
B2W.Neo1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 45m
OSC
11h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 45m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.