• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8123 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 743

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 741 742 743 744 745 783 Next
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 27 2019 01:20 GMT
#14841
On September 26 2019 00:32 Fecalfeast wrote:
I've never had a twitter. To the people that have been using twitter for a while: what do you get out of twitter? What do you most often tweet about? How often, if you're so inclined to care, do your tweets 'break out' from your follower circle and gain a wider audience?

I like arguing online and it seems that twitter is the place to be for that.

Twitter is good for following journalists and people that retweet breaking news. The actual publication can be mixed quality, but if you follow journalists twitter handles, you see their articles and opinions preferentially.

Then there’s the fun stuff. Memes, cute videos, heartwarming stories. Facebook used to be that a decade ago. Imgur is that too.

I like the stories/linked articles, I like the quick “takes” that challenge my existing opinions or make me think about something I hadn’t even considered.

I don’t use it as an active platform to tweet. It’s too short and there’s too many trolls. I’ll tweet replies and I’ve developed some friends that way. But gaining and growing a personal audience is not the way I use the platform. It’s my breaking news and individual reporter article aggregator.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-27 20:06:43
September 27 2019 19:23 GMT
#14842
Never mind
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
September 28 2019 23:13 GMT
#14843
What's the cheapest way to get get your own custom email thingy, like example@fiwifaki.com for around 10 people. Gmail works just fine for me, wouldn't want any other email service, just a different email ending (and even porting and operating with a Gmail type service).
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-28 23:42:30
September 28 2019 23:41 GMT
#14844
On September 29 2019 08:13 FiWiFaKi wrote:
What's the cheapest way to get get your own custom email thingy, like example@fiwifaki.com for around 10 people. Gmail works just fine for me, wouldn't want any other email service, just a different email ending (and even porting and operating with a Gmail type service).

Think GoDaddy offers free email if you register a domain with them. Not sure how many accounts tho. Check out a few of the registrars tho; GoDaddy, namecheap, dreamboat, etc. They all have different prices and offers depending on the TLD you want.

I use namecheap for.my domain and am happy with it. But I don't use email through them.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 30 2019 08:12 GMT
#14845
Various media outlets like Amazon, Comcast, Youtube, etc... Sell individual episodes of various TV series for ~$3.00 an episode.

Is that something people do? Buy individual episodes of a series?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
October 03 2019 04:47 GMT
#14846
On September 30 2019 17:12 GreenHorizons wrote:
Various media outlets like Amazon, Comcast, Youtube, etc... Sell individual episodes of various TV series for ~$3.00 an episode.

Is that something people do? Buy individual episodes of a series?


It could be people there are people who buy the first episode or two of a series to see if they like it ... and maybe they end up buying the rest as well because they're too lazy to find where they can watch cheaper.
Bora Pain minha porra!
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-10 09:46:56
October 10 2019 09:46 GMT
#14847
Why are women so obsessed with acrylic/plastic nails? I'm a huge germaphobe and think they're disgusting.
Luckily my girlfriend hates them as much as I do, but some of our friends have those plastic claws and whenever I have to shake their hand I can't help myself and make a face, I also get itchy and wanna wash my hands immediately afterwards.
This has caused some minor disputes with a particular friend and I kinda feel bad about it.
But I can't help it, I'm just disgusted by those kinda nails and it may sound ridiculous, but it's a genuine phobia I have.
So how am I supposed to avoid another confrontation?
At this point I'm thankful for any kind of advice, that isn't "start wearing gloves"...
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
October 10 2019 09:56 GMT
#14848
I have no Problem with germs or any of that stuff but I still think long fingernails are rather ugly. No idea why Women like them.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
October 10 2019 10:02 GMT
#14849
On October 10 2019 18:46 thePunGun wrote:
Why are women so obsessed with acrylic/plastic nails? I'm a huge germaphobe and think they're disgusting.
Luckily my girlfriend hates them as much as I do, but some of our friends have those plastic claws and whenever I have to shake their hand I can't help myself and make a face, I also get itchy and wanna wash my hands immediately afterwards.
This has caused some minor disputes with a particular friend and I kinda feel bad about it.
But I can't help it, I'm just disgusted by those kinda nails and it may sound ridiculous, but it's a genuine phobia I have.
So how am I supposed to avoid another confrontation?
At this point I'm thankful for any kind of advice, that isn't "start wearing gloves"...


Might need a girls opinion on this ^^

I hate them as well, but not because of hygene. They are just ugly, stupid, unpractical and stupid
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
October 10 2019 10:09 GMT
#14850
No idea, maybe it's because they provide a lot of space to paint with some eye catching colour?
You're now breathing manually
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-10 10:28:40
October 10 2019 10:25 GMT
#14851
On October 10 2019 18:46 thePunGun wrote:
Why are women so obsessed with acrylic/plastic nails? I'm a huge germaphobe and think they're disgusting.
Luckily my girlfriend hates them as much as I do, but some of our friends have those plastic claws and whenever I have to shake their hand I can't help myself and make a face, I also get itchy and wanna wash my hands immediately afterwards.
This has caused some minor disputes with a particular friend and I kinda feel bad about it.
But I can't help it, I'm just disgusted by those kinda nails and it may sound ridiculous, but it's a genuine phobia I have.
So how am I supposed to avoid another confrontation?
At this point I'm thankful for any kind of advice, that isn't "start wearing gloves"...

She's a friend. Tell her what you think. And don't say "they are awful, get away from me", but tell her that you're a germaphobe and her acrylic nails accrue more germs than natural nails do, which makes you uncomfortable shaking her hand. How about a peck on the cheek instead? Or a fistbump. Or just a "hi" and a smile?

Anyway, the reason people have them is because they like long nails (for painting) but growing your own that long takes long and they break easily. You know how else you could have gotten that info? By talking to your friend

And yeah, I don't like them much either.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
October 10 2019 10:31 GMT
#14852
Yeah, talk to them and explain it. When they answer that its not so bad/silly/dumb explain to them that a phobia is an irrational fear of something and not something you actively chose to do.

If they can't understand that then they probably wouldn't be a good friend anyway.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
October 10 2019 10:49 GMT
#14853
Good advice in general. People are usually very, very understanding of some personal weirdness about you that you communicate freely about. However if you have a personal weirdness that you don't talk about - however one that makes you act 'weird', where they don't know what the reason is, then it's much more common that they just kinda.. think you're weird.

There's nothing wrong with being a germophobe or afraid of spiders or whatever. But if people don't know those about you, and you avoid shaking hands or make some disgusted face when shaking hands, or you avoid going to a cabin trip because you're afraid of spiders but you don't want to give that as a reason and instead you just say 'i can't' every time, then what would have been a really small personal thing can instead become interpreted as something else (he doesn't like me / doesn't like spending time with us- whatever') which instead ends up having consequences for your social life.
Moderator
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
October 10 2019 10:59 GMT
#14854
Well, I did talk to her. But it's not like she sees my point or anything like that, she's quite defensive about it and takes it as a personal attack or something. We usually get along quite well, I don't know...
I've never been very good at telling people how I feel and how it is to walk a mile in my shoes and I don't wanna be seen as a whiny b..aby.
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
October 10 2019 11:06 GMT
#14855
I mean here your personal weirdness does sorta attack her, so there might not be a way for you to phrase it in a truly diplomatic fashion. 'I'm a germophobe and sadly your fingers, due to your obsession with fake acrylic finger nails, is a germ-factory, and I cannot help but be disgusted by the thought of touching them' is kinda insulting no matter how true the sentiment is. :D

So I mean my honest advice would be 'just deal with it and be less of a germophobe, realize that rationally you won't get sick at all from shaking her hand', but I'm guessing that's not possible for you either. But can't fault her for having a negative response. (Just as I or her can't fault you for being a germophobe )
Moderator
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
October 10 2019 12:57 GMT
#14856
I just don't wanna hurt her feelings every time we meet. It's hard to keep it together, when the phobia starts kicking in and even harder when every one's looking at me like I'm a weirdo (which I'll admit I am in this particular case xD)
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 10 2019 19:17 GMT
#14857
Do people shake hands with other people they consider friends often? I think maybe my grandpa shakes my hand every time i see him but other than that and other older male relatives it's all for introduction purposes... Or do you make a lot of deals with this person that you seal with a handshake?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
October 10 2019 19:20 GMT
#14858
With other guys yes. They don't need to be friends, just guys I know well enough to greet them when we see each other. Guess that depends on where you live.
You're now breathing manually
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
October 10 2019 20:03 GMT
#14859
I give hugs to very good friends that I haven't seen in a while or slightly less good friends that I haven't seen in a very long time, handshakes to slightly less good friends I haven't seen in a while, handshakes to people I meet for the first time, and only verbal greetings to friends (of any proximity) that I have met recently.
Moderator
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
October 10 2019 20:30 GMT
#14860
On October 11 2019 04:17 Fecalfeast wrote:
Do people shake hands with other people they consider friends often? I think maybe my grandpa shakes my hand every time i see him but other than that and other older male relatives it's all for introduction purposes... Or do you make a lot of deals with this person that you seal with a handshake?


In Brazil, whenever two guys meet they always shake hands, except when they meet on a regular basis (work colleagues meeting at the workplace) in which case they might just say hi, or if they're family/good friends/friends they haven't seen in a while, in which case they'll hug.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Prev 1 741 742 743 744 745 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft471
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft471
WinterStarcraft157
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 471
White-Ra 165
Noble 84
Hyuk 60
NaDa 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4278
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox478
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor749
Other Games
summit1g7129
FrodaN1624
Coldzera 824
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0325
KnowMe154
ViBE69
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS56
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2948
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 9m
Online Event
10h 9m
FEL
15h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.