• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:36
CEST 19:36
KST 02:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8982 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 102 Next
Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 15:48:01
July 17 2011 15:40 GMT
#321
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


LOL first of all, go to wikipedia and search both movies. Then go to gross revenue. No Country for Old Men made close to 200 Million dollars. TDK made over a TRILLION dollars. Movies since their Inception (see what I did there?) are meant to entertain the world and general public. Looking at sales is a rough estimate of this. Clearly TDK wins in this case.

Also TDK and Nolans series is really the only series that brings a good representation of Batman. Do you know how hard it is to please millions of fans when you're trying to sell a character that has been done in comics, movies and shows for decades? Nolan has some serious skills in this regard.

Also It is very "dark" for a super hero movie! Have you even seen the other Batmans? Or the shows?

Lastly I saw No Country for Old Men, now that was "underwhelming". A dude walks around killing people with some pressured hose. It wasn't scary, edgy and had no motivating plot. Just mindless killing... Seriously, and I guessed the ending. The book is probably better, but guess what? The Batman comics are much better too.

I love movies and consider myself a pro general public viewer. I don't read into movies more than I have to. I'm not trying to analyze them to death or get some HUGE life changing meaning from them. I simply want to be entertained for the time that I am there. The Dark Knight and Nolan's Batman is AMAZING in this regard. He takes the Batman that I grew up loving and brings it to life, and for that I give him props.
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
July 17 2011 15:50 GMT
#322
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


I think people thought TDK was "gritty and/or dark" because in the context of most superhero films, it was. Instead of bright colours and flag/emblem-waving "Rah! Rah!" it was a far more morose look at the superhero. I don't think you can compare The Pacific with TDK in terms of grit and gloom because they both offer a certain dark feel for their respective genres.

I can't say I disagree with a lot of what you say, however. I did like TDK a lot but don't think it's the best movie ever. No, it's not a particularly complex film - but I don't think something needs to be complex to be enjoyable. There are numerous "classic" films that are simple in plot but still absolute gems. Inception, also not complex, and actually has some gaping plot-holes that make no sense in terms of the mechanics of the film; but still enjoyable, I think.

I would disagree that Ledger's performance wasn't noteworthy; he did a good job and the character lends itself well to a wide range of interpretation (i.e. Nicholson) so I don't know if it's really fair to compare the two.

Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
July 17 2011 15:52 GMT
#323
On July 18 2011 00:40 R3demption wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


LOL first of all, go to wikipedia and search both movies. Then go to gross revenue. No Country for Old Men made close to 200 Million dollars. TDK made over a TRILLION dollars. Movies since their Inception (see what I did there?) are meant to entertain the world and general public. Looking at sales is a rough estimate of this. Clearly TDK wins in this case.

Also TDK and Nolans series is really the only series that brings a good representation of Batman. Do you know how hard it is to please millions of fans when you're trying to sell a character that has been done in comics, movies and shows for decades? Nolan has some serious skills in this regard.

Also It is very "dark" for a super hero movie! Have you even seen the other Batmans? Or the shows?

Lastly I saw No Country for Old Men, now that was "underwhelming". A dude walks around killing people with some pressured hose. It wasn't scary, edgy and had no motivating plot. Just mindless killing... Seriously, and I guessed the ending. The book is probably better, but guess what? The Batman comics are much better too.

I love movies and consider myself a pro general public viewer. I don't read into movies more than I have to. I'm not trying to analyze them to death or get some HUGE life changing meaning from them. I simply want to be entertained for the time that I am there. The Dark Knight and Nolan's Batman is AMAZING in this regard. He takes the Batman that I grew up loving and brings it to life, and for that I give him props.


Dude, NCfOM is a great flick.

I think you two are arguing from completely incompatible viewpoints. He's looking for Art, you're looking for entertainment.

Both are entirely acceptable goals, but pretty much a dead horse in terms of this conversation

Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
July 17 2011 15:56 GMT
#324
On July 18 2011 00:52 Mjolnir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 00:40 R3demption wrote:
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


LOL first of all, go to wikipedia and search both movies. Then go to gross revenue. No Country for Old Men made close to 200 Million dollars. TDK made over a TRILLION dollars. Movies since their Inception (see what I did there?) are meant to entertain the world and general public. Looking at sales is a rough estimate of this. Clearly TDK wins in this case.

Also TDK and Nolans series is really the only series that brings a good representation of Batman. Do you know how hard it is to please millions of fans when you're trying to sell a character that has been done in comics, movies and shows for decades? Nolan has some serious skills in this regard.

Also It is very "dark" for a super hero movie! Have you even seen the other Batmans? Or the shows?

Lastly I saw No Country for Old Men, now that was "underwhelming". A dude walks around killing people with some pressured hose. It wasn't scary, edgy and had no motivating plot. Just mindless killing... Seriously, and I guessed the ending. The book is probably better, but guess what? The Batman comics are much better too.

I love movies and consider myself a pro general public viewer. I don't read into movies more than I have to. I'm not trying to analyze them to death or get some HUGE life changing meaning from them. I simply want to be entertained for the time that I am there. The Dark Knight and Nolan's Batman is AMAZING in this regard. He takes the Batman that I grew up loving and brings it to life, and for that I give him props.


Dude, NCfOM is a great flick.

I think you two are arguing from completely incompatible viewpoints. He's looking for Art, you're looking for entertainment.

Both are entirely acceptable goals, but pretty much a dead horse in terms of this conversation



Valid point. But could you explain how that movie was artistic? I just don't get it... :/
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 16:00:27
July 17 2011 15:58 GMT
#325
On July 18 2011 00:40 R3demption wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


LOL first of all, go to wikipedia and search both movies. Then go to gross revenue. No Country for Old Men made close to 200 Million dollars. TDK made over a TRILLION dollars. Movies since their Inception (see what I did there?) are meant to entertain the world and general public. Looking at sales is a rough estimate of this. Clearly TDK wins in this case.

Also TDK and Nolans series is really the only series that brings a good representation of Batman. Do you know how hard it is to please millions of fans when you're trying to sell a character that has been done in comics, movies and shows for decades? Nolan has some serious skills in this regard.

Also It is very "dark" for a super hero movie! Have you even seen the other Batmans? Or the shows?

Lastly I saw No Country for Old Men, now that was "underwhelming". A dude walks around killing people with some pressured hose. It wasn't scary, edgy and had no motivating plot. Just mindless killing... Seriously, and I guessed the ending. The book is probably better, but guess what? The Batman comics are much better too.

I love movies and consider myself a pro general public viewer. I don't read into movies more than I have to. I'm not trying to analyze them to death or get some HUGE life changing meaning from them. I simply want to be entertained for the time that I am there. The Dark Knight and Nolan's Batman is AMAZING in this regard. He takes the Batman that I grew up loving and brings it to life, and for that I give him props.


By your logic, James Cameron is the greatest director of all time, having the top 2 grossing films grossing a combined 4.2 BILLION (Not TRILLION, learn your number scales bro).

I do agree with most everything else you said though. Minus the no country stuff, that was a great movie.
lolwut?
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 16:04:35
July 17 2011 16:01 GMT
#326
On July 18 2011 00:40 R3demption wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 00:13 maartendq wrote:
On July 17 2011 23:35 koshr wrote:
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."



mindless popcorn movie? did you see the dark knight? it was everything but mindless

Yes, I did, and not once did I need to think in order to still get what the plot was. Neither did it make me think afterwards. Basically the same thing happened to me with inception. I don't know if it's because of my being more used to reading books and watching series (you can make a lot more happen if you've got 10-20 hours of screen time instead of just 2.5) or because I wasn't quite as hyped for TDK as everyone else was, but I found TDK (and Inception) rather underwhelming, especially since a lot of people thought those movies to be among the best ever made. Hell, I didn't even find Ledger's acting all that impressive.

Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director in terms of action flicks, don't get me wrong. However, please don't compare him with greats as the Coen Brothers or Martin Scorsese. Nolan is not even on the same level in the same way Ledger pales in comparison to a Jack Nicholson or Daniel Day Lewis.

I also don't see how The Dark Knight was gritty and/or dark. For a hollywood movie, I guess so, but not for someone who's seen The Pacific or The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Those movies are gritty and dark, mainly because the stories they tell are rather accurately based on real facts.


LOL first of all, go to wikipedia and search both movies. Then go to gross revenue. No Country for Old Men made close to 200 Million dollars. TDK made over a TRILLION dollars. Movies since their Inception (see what I did there?) are meant to entertain the world and general public. Looking at sales is a rough estimate of this. Clearly TDK wins in this case.

Also TDK and Nolans series is really the only series that brings a good representation of Batman. Do you know how hard it is to please millions of fans when you're trying to sell a character that has been done in comics, movies and shows for decades? Nolan has some serious skills in this regard.

Also It is very "dark" for a super hero movie! Have you even seen the other Batmans? Or the shows?

Lastly I saw No Country for Old Men, now that was "underwhelming". A dude walks around killing people with some pressured hose. It wasn't scary, edgy and had no motivating plot. Just mindless killing... Seriously, and I guessed the ending. The book is probably better, but guess what? The Batman comics are much better too.

I love movies and consider myself a pro general public viewer. I don't read into movies more than I have to. I'm not trying to analyze them to death or get some HUGE life changing meaning from them. I simply want to be entertained for the time that I am there. The Dark Knight and Nolan's Batman is AMAZING in this regard. He takes the Batman that I grew up loving and brings it to life, and for that I give him props.

The movie and the book of No Country for Old Men are very much alike. From your description, you just didn't get the movie. You don't try to analyze movies, which is good for the usual hollywood blockbusters, but NCFOM is one that one should analyze. It's not made for the general public nor for getting a quick movie fix. THAT was a movie you actually should think about.

Movie quality is not decided by the amount of revue it makes at the box office. In fact a lot of critics where downright disappointed when they read that There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men were selling so horribly.

The fact that I never grew up with those superhero characters and don't care about American comics might also have something to do with it.

The idea that Cameron, according to you, should be considered the best director ever just because Ferngully 2.0 er... I mean Avatar sold so well is ridiculous. Contemporary video games look better than the CGI he uses. I'm not even kidding about that.
koshr
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany61 Posts
July 17 2011 16:15 GMT
#327
http://www.slashfilm.com/assessing-the-themes-of-the-dark-knight/

this link provides a little overview for people who just watched the dark knight but its still pretty shallow and you should watch the movie again and try to understand what it says about humans their feeling their nature their interactions etc etc
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 16:31:09
July 17 2011 16:22 GMT
#328
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."


By not being mindless? There's more to being a good movie than simply having deep, philosophical themes. And no, having to 'think about the plot' doesn't make it good or 'deep' either. That's actually shitty storytelling and narrative. You should have to think about themes and interpretations (that are deliberately left up to the viewer.)

Not saying the two movies you mentioned didn't have those, but so did TDK actually. Just because you wrote it off as mindless and didn't bother to explore its themes doesn't make it any less true. Stop acting like a pretentious hipster. You probably can't even explain to me what the themes of No Country for Old Men are or the meaning of its brilliant ending.
koshr
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany61 Posts
July 17 2011 16:33 GMT
#329
100% agree wit ocedic
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
July 17 2011 16:43 GMT
#330
On July 17 2011 18:36 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 01:43 altec1011 wrote:
This movie will break records. It will surpass avatar's records. It will be the best superhero movie of all time, and one of the best movies of this decade. I am waiting patiently...

I don't see how mindless popcorn entertainment can even hope to compete with the likes of "There Will Be Blood" or "No Country for Old Men."


Somehow, I can imagine you swishing around some wine in a glass while making this statement with your eyes closed, and then giving a ripe ol' fart and reveling in its smell.
I hate how this "What i like is smarter than what you like, and that makes me smarter" attitude that shows up so often in the general forum
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Obscure
Profile Joined July 2008
United States272 Posts
July 18 2011 00:19 GMT
#331
TDK was a great film, tad over hyped, but certainly better than the majority of films that come out of hollywood.

It was dark for a comic book movie, but not for movies in general. You could say some of the themes were dark but it was PG-13 in the end (I doubt Warner Brothers and DC comics will ever allow an R-rated Batman movie).

I highly doubt TDKR will make more money or be a bigger success than TDK. TDK just had so much going for it. But I'm positive it will be the best final installment of any superhero trilogy thus far.


"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge" - Daniel J. Boorstin
UdderChaos
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom707 Posts
July 18 2011 16:52 GMT
#332
The Dark Knight Rises trailer is now out officially on the FB page

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994
Nunquam iens addo vos sursum
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 20:53:25
July 18 2011 20:46 GMT
#333
edit: it's a fake.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
reprise
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada316 Posts
July 18 2011 20:52 GMT
#334
That's a fanmade one.
for graphs of passion, and charts of stars
Kojaimea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom277 Posts
July 18 2011 20:53 GMT
#335
I think I speak for many when I say: WOOOAHWOAAAAHWOAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Surprising amount revealed here for an initial teaser. Definitely getting hyped.
The riverbed, dried-up, half full of leaves. Us, listening to a river in the trees.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 18 2011 20:53 GMT
#336
On July 19 2011 05:52 reprise wrote:
That's a fanmade one.



Really? Ebert just tweeted it, wow.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
July 18 2011 20:58 GMT
#337
nice... but i want more... sucks its out next summer lmao.
Medzo
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States627 Posts
July 18 2011 20:59 GMT
#338


Here is the real youtube version.
Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 21:04:32
July 18 2011 21:01 GMT
#339
SOOOO pumped for this
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
July 18 2011 21:21 GMT
#340
On July 19 2011 05:59 Medzo wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M

Here is the real youtube version.


Serious nerd chills engaged
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 24m
Patches Events
21h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.