• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:45
CEST 16:45
KST 23:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7799 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 215

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 213 214 215 216 217 244 Next
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
September 27 2013 20:38 GMT
#4281
On September 27 2013 10:50 GinDo wrote:
I currently own some M80s, and the sound is great, but they aren't very bassy. I'm looking for a headset that is good for EDM. I like my Headphones to look sexy and was thinking about BEATs, but I've read so many bad reviews. Don't really know if its legit or haters.

Anyone have any experience with the V MODA M100s?


http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

I'm sure they will be great for EDM.
© Current year.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 00:41:22
October 04 2013 00:40 GMT
#4282
On September 28 2013 05:38 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 10:50 GinDo wrote:
I currently own some M80s, and the sound is great, but they aren't very bassy. I'm looking for a headset that is good for EDM. I like my Headphones to look sexy and was thinking about BEATs, but I've read so many bad reviews. Don't really know if its legit or haters.

Anyone have any experience with the V MODA M100s?


http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

I'm sure they will be great for EDM.


Thanks Corsair. Nice Read. Saving up. Now the only question is what color to get. White or Black.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
October 04 2013 01:28 GMT
#4283
On October 04 2013 09:40 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 05:38 CorsairHero wrote:
On September 27 2013 10:50 GinDo wrote:
I currently own some M80s, and the sound is great, but they aren't very bassy. I'm looking for a headset that is good for EDM. I like my Headphones to look sexy and was thinking about BEATs, but I've read so many bad reviews. Don't really know if its legit or haters.

Anyone have any experience with the V MODA M100s?


http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

I'm sure they will be great for EDM.


Thanks Corsair. Nice Read. Saving up. Now the only question is what color to get. White or Black.

They both sound the same .
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Mr. Nefarious
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
October 04 2013 01:40 GMT
#4284
Just upgraded to some Audio Technica ATH-M50's with a Fiio E-10 DAC/AMP and I'm really happy. A huge upgrade in sound quality when listening to AAC or FLAC vs my old sennheiser PC350's. Next upgrade will be to some HD650's with a Woo Audio WA3, however that probably won't be for a few months at least.
저그 화이팅
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 04 2013 06:29 GMT
#4285
On October 04 2013 09:40 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 05:38 CorsairHero wrote:
On September 27 2013 10:50 GinDo wrote:
I currently own some M80s, and the sound is great, but they aren't very bassy. I'm looking for a headset that is good for EDM. I like my Headphones to look sexy and was thinking about BEATs, but I've read so many bad reviews. Don't really know if its legit or haters.

Anyone have any experience with the V MODA M100s?


http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

I'm sure they will be great for EDM.


Thanks Corsair. Nice Read. Saving up. Now the only question is what color to get. White or Black.

Just tried the Black ones for the first time today. They sound close to the m50 for the 5 minutes that I spent with them. If its for non-portable use, the M50 does the job for a much cheaper price.
© Current year.
Xrero
Profile Joined August 2010
United States120 Posts
October 04 2013 06:37 GMT
#4286
I know very little about headphone models etc., and I was hoping someone could advise me.

I am studying for some big medical exams and the construction outside is driving me crazy. I need headphones that have:

1- Absolutely impeccable noise canceling.

2- Extremely comfortable as I will be wearing them for many hours/day.

3- Sound quality is not as important to me really, provided they don't suck that bad.

Which headphones should I get? The cheaper the better, but I am flexible on the price and will buy what I need.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
October 04 2013 17:14 GMT
#4287
@Xrero, Bose Quiet Comforts, the more expensive, the nicer noise cancelling and comfort.

@M100s, they're pretty good since you can get them around $230, which is a good enough improvement over the M50s at $150 if you can afford the cost. They're much better built, more portable, more 'stylish', and while it suffers from having more bass, it's also a lot more refined in its bass than the M50. The M50's mids are a bit better, but both have pretty bad-average mids in any case.

I'm not sure where I remember the numbers from but I don't buy MSRP or retail much.
There is no one like you in the universe.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 04 2013 19:03 GMT
#4288
where did you find the m100 for 230? I bought the M50's for ~110 USD from soundprofessionals so its about double then. If you have big ears that stick out, the M50 is probably more comfy. Earpads on the M100 feel great though..
© Current year.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
October 08 2013 00:34 GMT
#4289
Hey guys, I've been checking out some decent low-midrange headphones and here are the two most expensive (within my range) and best ones I've seen. I'm trying to stay at around $120, but my hardcap on budget is $150. I was wondering if there was anything better/cheaper that could be had around $100 or so. If there's a big dropoff I'll pick between those two headphones. I'm also interested in anything that has a coiled cord as my last cord got perma tangled/twisted and it was horrible trying to move away from my desk as it tipped my speakers over when I plugged my headphones into them (cord wouldnt unravel properly because it was twisted up). I listen to a lot of rock/jazz/hip hop if that helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU?SubscriptionId=AKIAIAA4MWUJXHBYFRNQ&tag=squid1196954-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000CMS0XU


http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381192394&sr=1-1&keywords=mth 50
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 00:42:59
October 08 2013 00:41 GMT
#4290
Looking at your music tastes, I think the ATHM50 would fit better

But dang the price for the AD700s went up a lot
I found them for like ~$80 at one point
Maybe they are discontinued now?

A nice sturdy, pretty cheap, coiled cord headphone would be the Sony MDR-V6/7506
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
October 08 2013 01:14 GMT
#4291
On October 05 2013 04:03 CorsairHero wrote:
where did you find the m100 for 230? I bought the M50's for ~110 USD from soundprofessionals so its about double then. If you have big ears that stick out, the M50 is probably more comfy. Earpads on the M100 feel great though..


I usually go through classifieds but I haven't looked in a while so M50's might've dropped down to 100 again (yay). I would say the M80s are a fair bit better than the AT-M50s, and the M100s a nudge better than the AT-M50s, while both are much better on the hardware side than the M50s. M80 isn't for big heads though, which is why I don't have one myself, and I'm skipping on headphones while I still have functional iems.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
October 12 2013 06:35 GMT
#4292
On October 08 2013 09:41 JSH wrote:
Looking at your music tastes, I think the ATHM50 would fit better

But dang the price for the AD700s went up a lot
I found them for like ~$80 at one point
Maybe they are discontinued now?

A nice sturdy, pretty cheap, coiled cord headphone would be the Sony MDR-V6/7506

How big of a drop in quality are the V6/7606's from the m50s?
Klowney
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden277 Posts
October 26 2013 22:09 GMT
#4293
I have a question about headphone amps/dac and Beyerdynamic headphones.

I'm completely new to headphone amps and dacs, didn't even know it existed a couple of weeks ago but if I understand this correctly: If I buy this http://www.headnhifi.com/dac/o2-odac-combo all I need to do is connect the usb from my pc into the back and my headphones into the output?

About the headphones, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic headphones for awhile but I have no idea what to get and there is many versions of every headphone like 250Ohm, 80Ohm or some being called pro. I will use them for music(I listen to pretty much everything), watching movies and gaming, also if I'm correct about the amp/dac I will use it combined with that.
My budget is $325 for the headphones, I have been looking at the dt 880, 770 and 250. Doesn't have to be Beyerdynamic.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
October 26 2013 22:40 GMT
#4294
I have a big head, long ears and I wear glasses and I'm looking for headphones to listen to EDM and pop / k-pop music. Prefer closed headphones if possible but would consider open only if there are no closed headphones that would suit. Located in the UK, got about £120 GBP to spend. Tried DT770 Pro 80s but the mids seemed recessed and M-Audio Q40s felt uncomfortable as hell on my jaw. Comfort for me is on par in terms of importance along with sound.

It's not that the DT770s felt uncomfortable on my actual ears, just pressed my glasses against my head and my jaw felt uncomfortable but not sure if this was because they were brand new or not?
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 26 2013 22:49 GMT
#4295
On October 27 2013 07:09 Klowney wrote:
I have a question about headphone amps/dac and Beyerdynamic headphones.

I'm completely new to headphone amps and dacs, didn't even know it existed a couple of weeks ago but if I understand this correctly: If I buy this http://www.headnhifi.com/dac/o2-odac-combo all I need to do is connect the usb from my pc into the back and my headphones into the output?

About the headphones, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic headphones for awhile but I have no idea what to get and there is many versions of every headphone like 250Ohm, 80Ohm or some being called pro. I will use them for music(I listen to pretty much everything), watching movies and gaming, also if I'm correct about the amp/dac I will use it combined with that.
My budget is $325 for the headphones, I have been looking at the dt 880, 770 and 250. Doesn't have to be Beyerdynamic.


Yes to the question about dac/amp.

A decent list. Personally I'm not a fan of the dt770, Have a listen and make a comparison yourself is the best advice you'll get.
http://www.headfonia.com/full-size-headphone-recommendations/
© Current year.
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
October 26 2013 22:49 GMT
#4296
I've looked at the Yamaha EPH-100, and it seems like everyone rates it pretty nicely for that price class
Any opinions or experiences with it?
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-26 23:27:05
October 26 2013 22:59 GMT
#4297
On October 27 2013 07:40 Mackem wrote:
I have a big head, long ears and I wear glasses and I'm looking for headphones to listen to EDM and pop / k-pop music. Prefer closed headphones if possible but would consider open only if there are no closed headphones that would suit. Located in the UK, got about £120 GBP to spend. Tried DT770 Pro 80s but the mids seemed recessed and M-Audio Q40s felt uncomfortable as hell on my jaw. Comfort for me is on par in terms of importance along with sound.

It's not that the DT770s felt uncomfortable on my actual ears, just pressed my glasses against my head and my jaw felt uncomfortable but not sure if this was because they were brand new or not?
I've found that Beyerdynamic headphones loosen up after a bit. Both my DT-770 Pros and my DT-880 Premiums were a quite clampy at first, the Pros much more so than the Premiums, but now they are both quite comfy (The 770s are still clampy, but not nearly as much. the 880s are now as comfy as my Senn 555s). You can always try to straighten out the metal headband in attempt to lessen the clamp (some people claim that works). I never did that. I just let them break in a bit. The Pros are designed to clamp down a bit though, keep in mind.

Also, the mids are recessed on the 770s by design. They are usually described as a more fun, bass-heavy headphone than a balanced one. If you want more balanced Beyerdynamics you have to go with 880s or the higher end Tesla models. However, neither of those are in your price range, so you will probably have to look elsewhere.

On October 27 2013 07:09 Klowney wrote:
About the headphones, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic headphones for awhile but I have no idea what to get and there is many versions of every headphone like 250Ohm, 80Ohm or some being called pro. I will use them for music(I listen to pretty much everything), watching movies and gaming, also if I'm correct about the amp/dac I will use it combined with that.
My budget is $325 for the headphones, I have been looking at the dt 880, 770 and 250. Doesn't have to be Beyerdynamic.
For that budget, you could probably get any of those listed headphones, though, in the case of the 880 and 770, they would have to be Pro models, not Premium. The only difference in the two is basically looks and clamping pressure (some people say there are slight sonic differences too). The Pro models are usually just less flashy, and clamp slightly tighter (and thus are a bit less comfortable). There isn't really a reason to get Premium over Pro unless you can get them for the same price. I only own a Premium set because where I live only Premium is available, and to get a Pro set would have cost the same. As for impedance, most Beyers outside of the 32 Ohm versions require an amp (You can get away without one for the 80 Ohms, but they won't sound as good). Since you already plan to get an amp, it doesn't really matter which impedance you go for. Usually the higher the impedance, the more potential they have when it comes to being amped, but you have to keep in mind that higher impedance headphones require more juice to power properly. I have a 600 Ohm set and they absolutely need an amp to be useful. But when they are amped they sound absolutely amazing (not to mention so loud you can hear them from another room at full volume).
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
October 27 2013 10:44 GMT
#4298
Looking for comfortable headphones, on ear.

I use headphones for listening to music after twelve, to plug into my electric piano, on the train to listen to stuff and to play electric guitar via a pocket amp. I set my eye on the HD 598 by Sennheiser, but alternatives are welcome.
Voyage
Profile Joined May 2013
Germany71 Posts
October 27 2013 11:23 GMT
#4299
Anybody can give a brief review for AKG 802 used in a pc setting (plugged into soundcard w/o amp)? They are pretty low impedance(36 Ohm) so sshould woork just fine? Or do you just use an amp in that price range?
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
October 27 2013 13:20 GMT
#4300
On October 08 2013 09:41 JSH wrote:
Looking at your music tastes, I think the ATHM50 would fit better

But dang the price for the AD700s went up a lot
I found them for like ~$80 at one point
Maybe they are discontinued now?

A nice sturdy, pretty cheap, coiled cord headphone would be the Sony MDR-V6/7506

If I wanted the ATHM50, what would be a nice desktop amp? Or would a soundcard be better? Educate me please! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Prev 1 213 214 215 216 217 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM631
SteadfastSC308
TKL 235
Rex126
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 631
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 235
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5357
Dendi1150
420jenkins87
Counter-Strike
fl0m2935
Fnx 624
x6flipin114
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2185
hiko810
Liquid`RaSZi651
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes360
dupreeh286
ceh9252
DeMusliM212
Khaldor203
Livibee193
Pyrionflax176
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr92
QueenE71
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• Jankos1661
• TFBlade624
Other Games
• Shiphtur551
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 15m
The PondCast
19h 15m
INu's Battles
20h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.