• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 213

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 244 Next
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 19:31:52
August 29 2013 19:30 GMT
#4241
That's not a bad combo but are a bit overpriced imo (like all -gaming- hardware really). You could get cheaper if you went with something like the Aurvana Live! I've been talking about 2 posts above and a $10 or less microphone separately. But overall I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Sennheiser either, especially since it has great reviews.

Edit: seems that judging from the reviews, the mic is not that great (breaks easily), all the more reasons to go for a separate mic, easily replaceable.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Myrkskog
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada481 Posts
August 29 2013 21:01 GMT
#4242
On August 30 2013 03:23 Noak wrote:
Turning here for some help, i usually have a pretty good idea what i'm doing buy when it comes to audio i'm completely lost.
I want either an headset or some good headphone/mic combo.
Priorities.
1. Comfortable as fuck, should be able to wear them for extended periods without getting soar or sweaty.
2. Good mic, i dont want to be one of those fuckers that are painful to listen to.
3. Decent sound? obviously this can't be shit, but i'm not one of those audio people, i never listen to music.

i was looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
i don't mind cheaper alternatives if it turns out i dont have to spend but i dont want shitty stuff.


Sennheiser HD 439 + a cheap desktop mic.
TheRealArtemis
Profile Joined October 2011
687 Posts
August 29 2013 21:23 GMT
#4243
So, I have no real idea what headphones are actually good, and what are just a brand name. I'm "fairly" confident that the steel series products are good, but I really don't know for sure.

I'm thinking off getting the Steel series Siberia V2 headset.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


They don't cost a lot, so I'm thinking they are a safe to get, regarding good Audio, comfortable to wear, durability etc.

I previous had a pair that cost me around 30 US dollars. They broke after 6-8 months or so.

religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
August 30 2013 15:33 GMT
#4244
Gaming headsets are mostly overpriced. So while they may not completely suck, you can surely find a better product in that price range (in terms of audio quality).
I would only get the Siberia V2 if it was the Dota2 version, since that b**ch will come with an item that currently sells on steam market for a ton of money (like 400eur lol), but will surely drop to about the price of the headphones as soon as they hit the market.

Still, you get headphones and the equivalent value in steam money, which you can use to buy games. Not a bad trade if you have the patience to sell the item on trading sites.
http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota2/steelseries-siberia-v2-dota-2-edition

But if you're not interested in that, then just look for some decent audio quality headphones, not gaming stuff.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
August 30 2013 15:46 GMT
#4245
On August 30 2013 03:23 Noak wrote:
Turning here for some help, i usually have a pretty good idea what i'm doing buy when it comes to audio i'm completely lost.
I want either an headset or some good headphone/mic combo.
Priorities.
1. Comfortable as fuck, should be able to wear them for extended periods without getting soar or sweaty.
2. Good mic, i dont want to be one of those fuckers that are painful to listen to.
3. Decent sound? obviously this can't be shit, but i'm not one of those audio people, i never listen to music.

i was looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
i don't mind cheaper alternatives if it turns out i dont have to spend but i dont want shitty stuff.


I can't really reccomend you headphones as I have only really used Sennheisers and Logitech headsets, but that Sennheiser you linked looks exactly like the HD 428 with a mic glued onto the side.

Neither of the headphones I have work for your criteria, the Sennheiser HD429s I have get sweaty after 3-4 hours and doesn't have a mic, and the Logitech G-330 headset I have is also uncomfortable.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
August 30 2013 20:00 GMT
#4246
Bought a pair of Sennheiser RS160 on sale for ~160 before tax, loving it so far for my PC =p
Uni1987
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands642 Posts
August 30 2013 20:03 GMT
#4247
Plantronics GameCom 780 7.1 is a real real good headset if you are looking for something cheap!
.............
TheRealArtemis
Profile Joined October 2011
687 Posts
August 30 2013 20:05 GMT
#4248
On August 31 2013 00:33 CubEdIn wrote:
Gaming headsets are mostly overpriced. So while they may not completely suck, you can surely find a better product in that price range (in terms of audio quality).
I would only get the Siberia V2 if it was the Dota2 version, since that b**ch will come with an item that currently sells on steam market for a ton of money (like 400eur lol), but will surely drop to about the price of the headphones as soon as they hit the market.

Still, you get headphones and the equivalent value in steam money, which you can use to buy games. Not a bad trade if you have the patience to sell the item on trading sites.
http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota2/steelseries-siberia-v2-dota-2-edition

But if you're not interested in that, then just look for some decent audio quality headphones, not gaming stuff.


So what labels can you (or anybody here) recommend that are non gaming?
religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom
where_
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia53 Posts
August 31 2013 07:05 GMT
#4249
Hey TL

I'm looking at getting an upgrade from my Sennheiser HD555s, and I'm pretty set on the HD650. I want to get a good DAC/amp for them and and want to think long term with this. I read they scale well with better gear and so I'd want to get something that might be a little more than what I might *need*, but will save me getting another amp or whatever if/when I drop some obscene amount of money on some more headphones in the future. I'd be using them at a desk with my desktop/laptop, so I'd like something external so I can use it on either one. I'm not really into any one specific genre of music, and I'm pretty flexible with my budget. I'd be totally fine with spending several hundred on the DAC/amp.

Thanks in advance
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
August 31 2013 07:18 GMT
#4250
On August 31 2013 16:05 where_ wrote:
Hey TL

I'm looking at getting an upgrade from my Sennheiser HD555s, and I'm pretty set on the HD650. I want to get a good DAC/amp for them and and want to think long term with this. I read they scale well with better gear and so I'd want to get something that might be a little more than what I might *need*, but will save me getting another amp or whatever if/when I drop some obscene amount of money on some more headphones in the future. I'd be using them at a desk with my desktop/laptop, so I'd like something external so I can use it on either one. I'm not really into any one specific genre of music, and I'm pretty flexible with my budget. I'd be totally fine with spending several hundred on the DAC/amp.

Thanks in advance


The HD650's will serve you well, but to be honest you're going to be hard pressed to get a comparable DAC/AMP for 'a couple hundred'. Maybe a couple hundred each : / The problem with audio equipment tends to be the ridiculous cost... I personally recommend the HRT usb dac's, which vary from about 100 to several hundred dollars. I personally have the 16bit/44khz "older" version of their usb dac, because the store was blowing them out for nothing (the prestigious 24bit/192khz version was being released), and I recommend picking one up if you can find them.

As for amps - it's tricky. Definitely stick to solid-state amps (no tube amps, cheap ones are shit). Avoid anything made by Shanling. You can likely find a good headphone amp for 300-500 bucks, less if you want. The really expensive part of the amps tends to be the power supply, funny enough. The other parts aren't really that hard to construct, but the power supply is tricky - a cheap amp will have tons of background noise and will be sensitive to power-line noise (like if you have bad wiring), but better amps are more isolated and will be quieter.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
August 31 2013 07:20 GMT
#4251
On August 31 2013 16:05 where_ wrote:
Hey TL

I'm looking at getting an upgrade from my Sennheiser HD555s, and I'm pretty set on the HD650. I want to get a good DAC/amp for them and and want to think long term with this. I read they scale well with better gear and so I'd want to get something that might be a little more than what I might *need*, but will save me getting another amp or whatever if/when I drop some obscene amount of money on some more headphones in the future. I'd be using them at a desk with my desktop/laptop, so I'd like something external so I can use it on either one. I'm not really into any one specific genre of music, and I'm pretty flexible with my budget. I'd be totally fine with spending several hundred on the DAC/amp.

Thanks in advance

the Schitt combo isn't bad
© Current year.
Fallen750
Profile Joined December 2010
United States43 Posts
August 31 2013 07:23 GMT
#4252
I just picked up a pair of AD700s. Im also just going to order a desk mic to go along with it. So far with only two days of use with the headphones, I really enjoy them. They are slightly big for my head that would be my only complaint. The ear pieces are very comfortable and go over your ear. Very light, but feels sturdy and the sound is awesome.
Everything is going to be okay.
ShadowRadix
Profile Joined August 2013
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 19:03:39
August 31 2013 19:01 GMT
#4253
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Sony MDR-ZX100 Spin Folding Style Stereo Headphones

Awesome quality headphones for only about $20, highly recommend this for gaming.
Ready to roll out!
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
August 31 2013 20:26 GMT
#4254
On August 30 2013 03:23 Noak wrote:
Turning here for some help, i usually have a pretty good idea what i'm doing buy when it comes to audio i'm completely lost.
I want either an headset or some good headphone/mic combo.
Priorities.
1. Comfortable as fuck, should be able to wear them for extended periods without getting soar or sweaty.
2. Good mic, i dont want to be one of those fuckers that are painful to listen to.
3. Decent sound? obviously this can't be shit, but i'm not one of those audio people, i never listen to music.

i was looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
i don't mind cheaper alternatives if it turns out i dont have to spend but i dont want shitty stuff.


Like others have said I'd just get a really nice pair of headphones and a cheaper mic. I ended up getting a clip on / lavalier mic and cliping it to the headphone cable. Seems to work well. Nobody online has complained yet
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
August 31 2013 22:43 GMT
#4255
On August 31 2013 05:05 TheRealArtemis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 00:33 CubEdIn wrote:
Gaming headsets are mostly overpriced. So while they may not completely suck, you can surely find a better product in that price range (in terms of audio quality).
I would only get the Siberia V2 if it was the Dota2 version, since that b**ch will come with an item that currently sells on steam market for a ton of money (like 400eur lol), but will surely drop to about the price of the headphones as soon as they hit the market.

Still, you get headphones and the equivalent value in steam money, which you can use to buy games. Not a bad trade if you have the patience to sell the item on trading sites.
http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota2/steelseries-siberia-v2-dota-2-edition

But if you're not interested in that, then just look for some decent audio quality headphones, not gaming stuff.


So what labels can you (or anybody here) recommend that are non gaming?


It's not labels, it's more like models. Most brands do decent models and not-so-decent models.
Overall I like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Shure, etc. But some things are better than others.

I would advice Creative Aurvana Live! over pretty much anything else under $200 (though some might like the ATH M50), and over $200 there are just so many options in any given budget you just have to hear them for yourself. I would prefer the HD650 from what I've heard so far and can afford. Or the HD800 as overall best sounding headphones I ever listened to.

But of course for the last two you also need an amp and a dedicated DAC. You can't buy an HD800 (for example) and have an under $400-$500 AMP or DAC, that would be just wasting them.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 03:16:23
September 03 2013 03:16 GMT
#4256
Just wondering if anyone encountered this issue before. Using my DT 770 250 ohm on my laptop and am trying to use my Ibasso D-Zero as a DAC for it. It was working fine few days ago but lately when I plug it in, I can't hear any audio on my headphones.

Anyone know how to fix this?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
September 03 2013 04:03 GMT
#4257
On September 03 2013 12:16 rebdomine wrote:
Just wondering if anyone encountered this issue before. Using my DT 770 250 ohm on my laptop and am trying to use my Ibasso D-Zero as a DAC for it. It was working fine few days ago but lately when I plug it in, I can't hear any audio on my headphones.

Anyone know how to fix this?


General checklist:

0. Check volume and if you're actually playing music.
1. Replug the USB to your DAC.
2. Go to your Playback devices and make sure that you're outputting sound to your DAC and not some other place. The mixer should tell you if audio is even being played as well.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Try it on another computer.
5. It may be broken.
There is no one like you in the universe.
tecelery
Profile Joined September 2013
1 Post
September 04 2013 05:44 GMT
#4258
So I have an HTC Cha Cha and I'm planning on buying the new Beats by Dr.Dre Solo HD this
[image loading] in either pink or purple (2012 edition with no monster branding). So I'm wondering if my HTC Cha Cha will be compatible with the Beats Solo HD's.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 04 2013 05:58 GMT
#4259
I can't think of a reason why the phone would be incompatible with the headphones but I have to advise against buying those headphones. I'm certain that other people would be willing to explain this but essentially most beats headphones actually provide some pretty awful sound at a very high price. They're bassy but even that is not executed well.

Avoid beats headphones unless you *REALLY* want that look or whatever. But there are headphones for half their price that sound much, much better.

Either way, cheers.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 06:03:16
September 04 2013 06:02 GMT
#4260
Just bought those last week (Boss Q15)and did my first plane trip with them. Holy cow, I don't know why I waited so long to get them. They are awesome

Sound is just great and the noise cancelling really work like a charm

[image loading]


n_n
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister845
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe48
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt440
• Jankos241
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.