• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7997 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 212

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 244 Next
SentrySteve
Profile Joined March 2010
United States71 Posts
July 20 2013 23:16 GMT
#4221
Hopefully no one minds this bump, but I've been struggling to find a new pair of headphones.

My issue is that every 'gaming' headphone or 'high end' headphone has an volume adjuster/mic mute on the wire.

No matter what brand I have, or no matter how well I try to take care of my headphones, the very first thing to break is this little useless (and inconvenient) adjustor. Once this thing breaks (currently I need it in a specific spot or else no volume comes out of the right ear) the whole headset is useless.

Does anyone know of a good pair of headphones that does not have this volume adjustor? I've been having a hell of time trying to find one.
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
July 20 2013 23:30 GMT
#4222
On July 21 2013 08:16 SentrySteve wrote:
Hopefully no one minds this bump, but I've been struggling to find a new pair of headphones.

My issue is that every 'gaming' headphone or 'high end' headphone has an volume adjuster/mic mute on the wire.

No matter what brand I have, or no matter how well I try to take care of my headphones, the very first thing to break is this little useless (and inconvenient) adjustor. Once this thing breaks (currently I need it in a specific spot or else no volume comes out of the right ear) the whole headset is useless.

Does anyone know of a good pair of headphones that does not have this volume adjustor? I've been having a hell of time trying to find one.

I've never seen a high-end headphone with an in-line volume control.

By high-end I guess you mean the $50-$100 price bracket for gaming headphones. That market is very hit and miss and I'd comfortably say mostly miss.

I'd go for a music-oriented headphone personally and tack on a less than $10 add-on mic. You can upgrade/replace the mic or headphones later too.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
July 20 2013 23:31 GMT
#4223
You can get a headphone without mike (aka not headset) and attached a separate mike
The Zalman mike has no volume adjustment thing and is quite cheap so try that out

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Artax
Profile Joined July 2013
121 Posts
July 21 2013 17:15 GMT
#4224
Can anyone recommend a good IEM under $100?
"I would prefer to stay with the current policy that I'm pleased with rather than go through a change if I don't need to go through that change." --IRS Chief Danny Werfel, on why IRS employees should be exempt from Obamacare
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
July 21 2013 17:22 GMT
#4225
On July 22 2013 02:15 Artax wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good IEM under $100?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-289-iems-compared-t-peos-h-100-added-07-14-13-p-730
There you go, sorted by price
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
itzdoody
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada33 Posts
July 28 2013 23:21 GMT
#4226
Can anyone help me choosing a headset?

The only thing that I usually care about is the size... because I have a fairly big head and big ears and alot of headsets dont fit me, or are uncomfortable. That being said, can anyone suggest a model thats comfortable to use for several hours for gaming? It doesn't have to include a mic as I already have a table mic.

Budget should be around 40-50$
김태연 fighting~ !
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 28 2013 23:27 GMT
#4227
On July 29 2013 08:21 itzdoody wrote:
Can anyone help me choosing a headset?

The only thing that I usually care about is the size... because I have a fairly big head and big ears and alot of headsets dont fit me, or are uncomfortable. That being said, can anyone suggest a model thats comfortable to use for several hours for gaming? It doesn't have to include a mic as I already have a table mic.

Budget should be around 40-50$


http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V9AU6Y/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It's hard to find regular Siberia headphones. I've owned the non-V2's before and they're comfortable and adequate.
Support your esport!
Varyol
Profile Joined September 2010
France20 Posts
August 08 2013 08:56 GMT
#4228
Hi TL !

I need you to help me choosing my headphones !

I am tired of my low-quality in-ear headphones, they feel very unconfortable when I use them too long. So, I m looking for on-ears headphones with closed design, as I may use them at work. I will use them mostly with my iPod Classic and lossless audio files. My budget is around 200€.
I am no audiophile, so I cant tell exactly what kind of sound I am looking for. But I mostly listen to all kind of rock/metal.

I have already spotted some headphones that (I think) fit what I am looking for.

AKG K550 / Sennheiser Momentum / Audio Technica ATH-M50

Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated :D
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
August 08 2013 09:21 GMT
#4229
ATH-M50 was a hard decision for me to buy, but after I had them I loved them.
Support your esport!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 08 2013 13:54 GMT
#4230
On August 08 2013 17:56 Varyol wrote:
Hi TL !

I need you to help me choosing my headphones !

I am tired of my low-quality in-ear headphones, they feel very unconfortable when I use them too long. So, I m looking for on-ears headphones with closed design, as I may use them at work. I will use them mostly with my iPod Classic and lossless audio files. My budget is around 200€.
I am no audiophile, so I cant tell exactly what kind of sound I am looking for. But I mostly listen to all kind of rock/metal.

I have already spotted some headphones that (I think) fit what I am looking for.

AKG K550 / Sennheiser Momentum / Audio Technica ATH-M50

Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated :D


Hmm, depends on what you're looking for out of your music, and do you prefer your emphasis on highs/mids/lows?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GOmnipotentD
Profile Joined August 2010
France36 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 14:22:07
August 08 2013 14:21 GMT
#4231
I posted this in the thread in Tech support, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post here as well.

On August 03 2013 21:03 GOmnipotentD wrote:
Hey, I'm looking to buy a pair of Headphones for under 200 euros. I'd be using them both to play games (mainly quake live and dota 2), as well as to listen to music (post punk, reggae, acid jazz, punk, etc...). I've been considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, or Sennheiser HD449s. I already have a separate mic so I don't need one attached to the headphones. Any thoughts? I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have.

Edit: AKG K550 also seem to be within my price range, are they any good?


Open to any help/suggestions
Since I travel a lot, I can pick them up wherever are the cheapest.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 08 2013 15:59 GMT
#4232
On August 08 2013 23:21 GOmnipotentD wrote:
I posted this in the thread in Tech support, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post here as well.

Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 21:03 GOmnipotentD wrote:
Hey, I'm looking to buy a pair of Headphones for under 200 euros. I'd be using them both to play games (mainly quake live and dota 2), as well as to listen to music (post punk, reggae, acid jazz, punk, etc...). I've been considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, or Sennheiser HD449s. I already have a separate mic so I don't need one attached to the headphones. Any thoughts? I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have.

Edit: AKG K550 also seem to be within my price range, are they any good?


Open to any help/suggestions
Since I travel a lot, I can pick them up wherever are the cheapest.


The headphones you listed all sound nothing alike (actually I don't personally know how the Beyer and the K550 sounds - those are quite new, but from what I've read, they should be very different from the others).

I think your best bet is going to your local audio/electronic store and demo'ing them yourself.
I actually need to do the same, just to keep up with all these new cans!
Irratonalys
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany902 Posts
August 09 2013 12:18 GMT
#4233
Im looking for a new pair of headphones since my ATH-A700 have given out after 5 years of basically around the clock service. Can i have recommendations for up to 200€ ? me and my big head are mainly looking for carry comfort.
The futures uncertain , but the end is always near
Miaaw
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom21 Posts
August 09 2013 13:43 GMT
#4234
On August 09 2013 21:18 Irratonalys wrote:
Im looking for a new pair of headphones since my ATH-A700 have given out after 5 years of basically around the clock service. Can i have recommendations for up to 200€ ? me and my big head are mainly looking for carry comfort.


How about the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro? I have the T90's from them, and many say they are the successor to the DT880/990. Beautiful headphones and well worth the price. Apparently extremely comfortable too. They might be slightly out of your price range but from what I've heard they're definitely worth it.
"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road"
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
August 17 2013 06:52 GMT
#4235
Ok, I'm in the market for some new headphones.

I currently use the Shure SRH240's

[image loading]

I like these in terms of audio; to be fair, though, my point of reference is very low, so these might indeed be lower end in terms of audio quality. The problem is the shape of my ear. My ears are pointy stick a bit outward, so the tops barely touch the phones. It feels perfectly comfortable and I can't even really notice my ears touching. However, with prolonged use, My whole ear begins to ache. It's a weird feeling and I can't really explain it any other way. My whole ear just aches.

I don't really know how to shop for headphones very well and even really what makes these phones do it versus others. Several people have told me that sennheiser models like the HD498 are extremely comfortable for prolonged use, but I'm not so sure that I want to spend that much on a pair of headphones. I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for something that might work a bit better in a lower pricerange.
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
Arwa
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia24 Posts
August 22 2013 03:54 GMT
#4236
On August 08 2013 17:56 Varyol wrote:
Hi TL !

I need you to help me choosing my headphones !

I am tired of my low-quality in-ear headphones, they feel very unconfortable when I use them too long. So, I m looking for on-ears headphones with closed design, as I may use them at work. I will use them mostly with my iPod Classic and lossless audio files. My budget is around 200€.
I am no audiophile, so I cant tell exactly what kind of sound I am looking for. But I mostly listen to all kind of rock/metal.

I have already spotted some headphones that (I think) fit what I am looking for.

AKG K550 / Sennheiser Momentum / Audio Technica ATH-M50

Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated :D


Go for ath-m50
it sounded fun and fits most likely all genre musics
AxiR
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany944 Posts
August 27 2013 15:52 GMT
#4237
I'm searching for an in-ear headset that I can use with my Iphone/Ipod. I had the kliptsch s4i before they broke, but I wasn't completely satisfied with them, the treble was a little bit too sharp for my taste.

My budget is around 100 €.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 16:50:02
August 27 2013 16:46 GMT
#4238
On August 22 2013 12:54 Arwa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 17:56 Varyol wrote:
Hi TL !

I need you to help me choosing my headphones !

I am tired of my low-quality in-ear headphones, they feel very unconfortable when I use them too long. So, I m looking for on-ears headphones with closed design, as I may use them at work. I will use them mostly with my iPod Classic and lossless audio files. My budget is around 200€.
I am no audiophile, so I cant tell exactly what kind of sound I am looking for. But I mostly listen to all kind of rock/metal.

I have already spotted some headphones that (I think) fit what I am looking for.

AKG K550 / Sennheiser Momentum / Audio Technica ATH-M50

Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated :D


Go for ath-m50
it sounded fun and fits most likely all genre musics


Agree with this. The AKG is not bad at all but the ATH packs more punch for the buck. Still, best of all would be if you could test them both and choose the one you like. IF you find a good audio-store they might just let you do that.

If you want to spend less (I know you might not hear this type of advice very often), get the Creative Aurvana Live!. These are a remake of the Denon AH-D1001 and are probably the best price/ratio on the market under 200eur. They cost around $80 or 60eur and they are amazing for the cost.

They feel flimsy but they're really quite durable, I've had them for almost an year, they didn't break and I still can't believe how good they sound.
The ATH-M50 offer similar experience, some say better, some say slightly worse (depends on taste really), but better build quality overall. However, they are twice the cost. Also, the M50 has stronger highs, so for rock/metal I would choose the Aurvana, otherwise it could get slightly annoying. But, again, a matter of taste. Would be great if you could listen to them first.

I wanted to upgrade them recently, and I've been listening to A LOT of headphones, and as far as I can tell, there's no reason to replace them with anything in the low-mid tier. So I decided to save up for some Sennheiser HD650. Anything below that didn't manage to impress me as much as it needed to make me get rid of the CAL!.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 08:12:00
August 28 2013 08:10 GMT
#4239
On August 28 2013 00:52 AxiR wrote:
I'm searching for an in-ear headset that I can use with my Iphone/Ipod. I had the kliptsch s4i before they broke, but I wasn't completely satisfied with them, the treble was a little bit too sharp for my taste.

My budget is around 100 €.

these are what I use with comply foam tips and a different filter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phonak-Audeo-Perfect-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B003VO0ZF2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377677428&sr=8-4&keywords=audeo pfe 112

use this for a reference
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-294-iems-compared-signature-acoustics-elements-c-12-added-08-22-13-p-753
© Current year.
Noak
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden84 Posts
August 29 2013 18:23 GMT
#4240
Turning here for some help, i usually have a pretty good idea what i'm doing buy when it comes to audio i'm completely lost.
I want either an headset or some good headphone/mic combo.
Priorities.
1. Comfortable as fuck, should be able to wear them for extended periods without getting soar or sweaty.
2. Good mic, i dont want to be one of those fuckers that are painful to listen to.
3. Decent sound? obviously this can't be shit, but i'm not one of those audio people, i never listen to music.

i was looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
i don't mind cheaper alternatives if it turns out i dont have to spend but i dont want shitty stuff.
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister845
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe48
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt440
• Jankos241
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.