• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10252 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 211

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 244 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 10 2013 14:33 GMT
#4201
Look at sennheiser, audiotechnica, AKG, beyer, denon, etc.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Names
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada328 Posts
May 15 2013 13:15 GMT
#4202
Hello all,

I have a general question regarding big tournaments player's headsets. I didn't want to create a new thread just on this so i'll ask it here!
I want to host a small live event and it would be awesome if we could cast the thing without having the players hear what the commentators are saying. It seems like in bigger tournaments, they use some kind of headset which prevents the player from hearing (or at least partially) what happens around him. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if so, where I could get that? Is it being sold anywhere and if so, what's the price average for those?
(i.e. yellow proleague headsets)

Thank you
Names
Aleteh
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark166 Posts
May 15 2013 13:19 GMT
#4203
ESLtv uses these afaik http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peltor-Optime-Defenders-Headband-H5400A-411-SV/dp/B000VDX18E
The Tyrant
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-15 13:28:18
May 15 2013 13:26 GMT
#4204
On May 15 2013 22:15 Names wrote:
Hello all,

I have a general question regarding big tournaments player's headsets. I didn't want to create a new thread just on this so i'll ask it here!
I want to host a small live event and it would be awesome if we could cast the thing without having the players hear what the commentators are saying. It seems like in bigger tournaments, they use some kind of headset which prevents the player from hearing (or at least partially) what happens around him. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if so, where I could get that? Is it being sold anywhere and if so, what's the price average for those?
(i.e. yellow proleague headsets)

Thank you
Names


Hi, these are not headphones, but ear protectors. Players use in-ear headphones with ear protectors above it. It is buyable in many webshop, just google it ! I think these used in gaming are "ear defenders".

Edit : that's right
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Names
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada328 Posts
May 15 2013 13:29 GMT
#4205
On May 15 2013 22:26 Glioburd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2013 22:15 Names wrote:
Hello all,

I have a general question regarding big tournaments player's headsets. I didn't want to create a new thread just on this so i'll ask it here!
I want to host a small live event and it would be awesome if we could cast the thing without having the players hear what the commentators are saying. It seems like in bigger tournaments, they use some kind of headset which prevents the player from hearing (or at least partially) what happens around him. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if so, where I could get that? Is it being sold anywhere and if so, what's the price average for those?
(i.e. yellow proleague headsets)

Thank you
Names


Hi, these are not headphones, but ear protectors. Players use in-ear headphones with ear protectors above it. It is buyable in many webshop, just google it ! I think these used in gaming are "ear defenders".

Edit : that's right

yep! I was aware of the fact that it was not a headphone by itself but I didn't know how to call them. Ear protectors it is ! Thank you
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
May 15 2013 14:02 GMT
#4206
So my aunt wants to buy me an expensive gift for graduation, and i've decided that headphones would be cool, but i don't want her to spend too much, and if i'm to get new headphones it better be the best deal possible. So which are the best quality-to-price headphones out there ranging from at around 100-150 euro??
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
IPS.Blue
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany309 Posts
May 15 2013 15:54 GMT
#4207
Has anyone had a chance to listen to the new HifiMAN RE-400 and RE-600? I originally was interested in Phonak, but heard that they’re stopping their IEM production. l:
La1
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom659 Posts
May 16 2013 11:48 GMT
#4208
Can anybody recommend me the MOST DURABLE in ear headphones , I literally ruin headphones within 6 months.. I just want a decent pair of durable strong in ear headphones and i can't seem to find ANY on the market..

pff
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 16 2013 11:52 GMT
#4209
On May 16 2013 20:48 La1 wrote:
Can anybody recommend me the MOST DURABLE in ear headphones , I literally ruin headphones within 6 months.. I just want a decent pair of durable strong in ear headphones and i can't seem to find ANY on the market..


Sennheiser HD25 (or it's sebsequent editions, HD25-II and the blue looking ones that came out recently, forgot their name).

These things are indestructible. They've outlived far more expensive headphones that I own despite suffering much more abuse.
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
May 16 2013 12:25 GMT
#4210
They aren't IEMS.

La1 how do they break? At the jack or at the ears? If it's at the jack consider a low profile right angle jack, if it's at the ears consider some that have ear molds for around the back of the ear (see below), as well as a clip on your shirt to stop the cord from yanking on them.
[image loading]
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 16 2013 12:30 GMT
#4211
On May 16 2013 21:25 Rollin wrote:
They aren't IEMS.

La1 how do they break? At the jack or at the ears? If it's at the jack consider a low profile right angle jack, if it's at the ears consider some that have ear molds for around the back of the ear (see below), as well as a clip on your shirt to stop the cord from yanking on them.
[image loading]

I'm so confused. Where in his post does he say IEMs?

But since you asked, my cheapo Klipsche S4s outlived all more expensive IEMs I own including Klipsche X10 and a pair of customs (among others).
La1
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom659 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-16 13:05:46
May 16 2013 13:05 GMT
#4212
I mentioned in ear headphones so i assume they are IEMS, and it varies, sometimes its the jack, so now i always buy ones with a long cable, sometimes its the earpiece its self , my most recent headphones (see below) died as plastic cable has ripped exposing the wire causing a lose connection
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE6-Dynamic-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00125UBUG

My pair before that ( Dennons) died because they ended up in the washing machine... and the dennons before that ended up crushed by the car door of my car.. so yeah.. something that can take HEAVY abuse.. not just wear and tear.

i personally don't like ear molds as i wear glasses..

pff
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 16 2013 13:35 GMT
#4213
On May 16 2013 22:05 La1 wrote:
I mentioned in ear headphones so i assume they are IEMS, and it varies, sometimes its the jack, so now i always buy ones with a long cable, sometimes its the earpiece its self , my most recent headphones (see below) died as plastic cable has ripped exposing the wire causing a lose connection
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE6-Dynamic-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00125UBUG

My pair before that ( Dennons) died because they ended up in the washing machine... and the dennons before that ended up crushed by the car door of my car.. so yeah.. something that can take HEAVY abuse.. not just wear and tear.

i personally don't like ear molds as i wear glasses..



I've had Dennon IEMs a few years ago. It's been a while but I would say that the Klipsche S4s are comparable in SQ.
But yeah I was super surprised that my X10s broke before my S4s even though I took better care of the former.
EngrishTeacher
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada1109 Posts
May 25 2013 08:33 GMT
#4214
Although I used to own a few pairs of fairly high-end headphones, but since I go through headphones like I go through Big Macs (I break a pair about once every 2 months), I've decided to go for ones that offer the best price/performance ratio.

After all, headphones offer greatly diminishing returns in audio quality once you go past a certain price point. The minimum acceptable sound quality differs from person to person, but for me personally, I've found that ~$50 ones usually satisfy my need for deep bass and rich mids.

That was until a few ago, when I bought a pair of JBL-J01 that cost me 99 RMB or less than $20 USD. I just can't say enough good things about this gem; they offer comparable sound quality to $100 pairs of headphones, and I've found them to be really comfortable to wear as well.

And no this is not an advertorial post haha, just recommending a great buy to fellow TL'ers. You really can't go wrong for $15 for this kind of sound quality.
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
May 25 2013 08:51 GMT
#4215
I just got the SC2 Razer Banshee headphones!

Any good?

[image loading]

#1 Terran hater
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
May 26 2013 01:52 GMT
#4216
hopefully it is. I hardly tried gaming headset.

As I've always had a HD25-1 II.

Anyone has a some good feedback from the Sennheiser Momentum ?
Schwopzi
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands954 Posts
May 30 2013 13:06 GMT
#4217
On May 15 2013 23:02 Silencioseu wrote:
So my aunt wants to buy me an expensive gift for graduation, and i've decided that headphones would be cool, but i don't want her to spend too much, and if i'm to get new headphones it better be the best deal possible. So which are the best quality-to-price headphones out there ranging from at around 100-150 euro??


I've recently picked up a pair of Audio Technica sj-55's. Though not exactly your price range (i was shopping sub 100euro) they are pretty amazing i.m.o. I did quite a bit research into this headset, but do realize i looked for a headset that has good sound quality, good looks, comfort & portability.
So if you're looking for something to use at home or don't care about looks (or think i have godawfull taste ofc) you might want to look further.
Only the dead have seen the end of war
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
June 05 2013 22:37 GMT
#4218
So I'm currently looking at buying Audio-Technica ATH-A900X, good value and the design is similar to the Serbia V2's that I great enjoyed before a cat got a hold of the cord...

Anyone have some thoughts on those headphones? The M50's are my 2nd choice, the price is similar enough to be negligible, whichever is better is where I'll go.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-A900X-Audiophile-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B006V386UG
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
June 09 2013 23:57 GMT
#4219
Hi guys, I was hoping somebody would have a suggestion for me in purchasing a new pair of headphones.

Firstly, I only need them for listening to music/game audio, no microphone necessary.

Secondly, the most important thing is comfort. I frankly despise the feel of almost every headphone that I've tried; they either feel way too heavy, or they don't fit right, and it just bothers me. I also can't stand in-ear or on-ear models. I've been using the Bose AE line for years and they're basically the only headphones I've tried which fit me comfortably. I need to be wearing them for sometimes 10+ hours so it's really important for my headphones to be super-lightweight and comfortable.

Biggest problem with the Bose for me is that they're not very durable. I travel with them frequently and the faux leather starts tearing, and I have to replace them often. Can anybody recommend something with a similar feel?
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
June 10 2013 00:09 GMT
#4220
On May 16 2013 21:30 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2013 21:25 Rollin wrote:
They aren't IEMS.

La1 how do they break? At the jack or at the ears? If it's at the jack consider a low profile right angle jack, if it's at the ears consider some that have ear molds for around the back of the ear (see below), as well as a clip on your shirt to stop the cord from yanking on them.
[image loading]

I'm so confused. Where in his post does he say IEMs?

But since you asked, my cheapo Klipsche S4s outlived all more expensive IEMs I own including Klipsche X10 and a pair of customs (among others).

In his post he said "in ear headphones", which implies that they go inside your ears (i.e. IEMs), as opposed to over-ear (supra-aural, your rec) and around-ear (circumaural).
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta42
CranKy Ducklings8
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 246
CosmosSc2 81
RuFF_SC2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1922
GuemChi 1323
Artosis 637
910 46
Bale 20
MaD[AoV]20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever286
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Other Games
summit1g9000
JimRising 819
Day[9].tv754
shahzam679
C9.Mang0329
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick784
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 6
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv754
• Shiphtur535
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 44m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.