• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10370 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 209

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 244 Next
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
April 17 2013 20:01 GMT
#4161
On April 05 2013 03:43 Giant Robot wrote:
Hi guys,
Idk if this has been posted here yet, but here we go never the less. There is currently a kickstarter for some new audio speaker and equipment company called Grain Audio, which besides claiming to have near brilliant sound (for music) in their devices, they also rock with this neat ass wooden look. obviously im mostly psyked for the cool headphones! take a look and kickstart this thing if you feel it is worth it. also so I can get my pair. ^^

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2096575920/grain-audio-play-loud?ref=live

^there are pictures of the headphones if you scroll down for a bit.

I can definitely see this as a new hipster trend
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
JosephAM
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada131 Posts
April 17 2013 20:14 GMT
#4162
On April 18 2013 05:01 Silencioseu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 03:43 Giant Robot wrote:
Hi guys,
Idk if this has been posted here yet, but here we go never the less. There is currently a kickstarter for some new audio speaker and equipment company called Grain Audio, which besides claiming to have near brilliant sound (for music) in their devices, they also rock with this neat ass wooden look. obviously im mostly psyked for the cool headphones! take a look and kickstart this thing if you feel it is worth it. also so I can get my pair. ^^

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2096575920/grain-audio-play-loud?ref=live

^there are pictures of the headphones if you scroll down for a bit.

I can definitely see this as a new hipster trend


I don't understand what the "earpads" are made out of. It just looks like rubber. o_O Surely that can't be the case.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
April 17 2013 20:21 GMT
#4163
On April 18 2013 05:14 JosephAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 05:01 Silencioseu wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:43 Giant Robot wrote:
Hi guys,
Idk if this has been posted here yet, but here we go never the less. There is currently a kickstarter for some new audio speaker and equipment company called Grain Audio, which besides claiming to have near brilliant sound (for music) in their devices, they also rock with this neat ass wooden look. obviously im mostly psyked for the cool headphones! take a look and kickstart this thing if you feel it is worth it. also so I can get my pair. ^^

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2096575920/grain-audio-play-loud?ref=live

^there are pictures of the headphones if you scroll down for a bit.

I can definitely see this as a new hipster trend


I don't understand what the "earpads" are made out of. It just looks like rubber. o_O Surely that can't be the case.

The stuff looks good, but those headphones look uncomfortable as hell, unless they are the kind made to be worn around the neck and not the ears. Either way these guys have a good 30K to go till they hit their min.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
April 18 2013 03:24 GMT
#4164
On April 18 2013 04:11 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 04:04 Reborn58 wrote:
What is a great set of headphones for travelling? I was going to go with the DT770 Pro but I have seen a few people say they are not going to be great for use with a phone (no amplifier) and are quite big / heavy. Money is not really an issue, but I would obviously prefer the best value for the performance.

I mentioned this in an earlier post but yeah, for traveling, iems perform better in terms of isolation than a pair of closed cans. Plus they're way more portable. Especially since you mentioned that cost isn't a concern, you should go with JH16 or Heir 8.A. They're widely reputed as the best iems right now.


Yeah the problems with the iems is that they hurt my ears after a while. I prefer to have something around my ear than in it...idk, maybe I'm just weird. lol

I will look into those, however. Thx
That's what she said
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 04:31:59
April 18 2013 04:00 GMT
#4165
They're uncomfortable because the fit of the flanges are shitty, or your ears aren't adjusted as well. I know with the Westone 2 at the smallest tip size is unbelievably comfortable for 2-3 hours until I need to rub my ears. It really depends on the shape of your ears. That's why you have custom IEMs molded to the shape of your ear.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
April 18 2013 05:01 GMT
#4166
On April 18 2013 13:00 Blisse wrote:
They're uncomfortable because the fit of the flanges are shitty, or your ears aren't adjusted as well. I know with the Westone 2 at the smallest tip size is unbelievably comfortable for 2-3 hours until I need to rub my ears. It really depends on the shape of your ears. That's why you have custom IEMs molded to the shape of your ear.

As good as customs are, they're really expensive, which is why I don't have any :/
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
April 18 2013 05:21 GMT
#4167
I would love to know the exact build of the grain headphones, but that might be too much to ask.

They don't look very appealing to me even though i love my wood in almost any design. In this case, i'm suspecting it's reclaimed wood they're using for whatever reason.
I don't really care either way, but the actual ear padding looks like it's made from the same stuff as the slider-band (probably just entirely intentional).
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
April 18 2013 05:34 GMT
#4168
On April 18 2013 14:01 Rollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 13:00 Blisse wrote:
They're uncomfortable because the fit of the flanges are shitty, or your ears aren't adjusted as well. I know with the Westone 2 at the smallest tip size is unbelievably comfortable for 2-3 hours until I need to rub my ears. It really depends on the shape of your ears. That's why you have custom IEMs molded to the shape of your ear.

As good as customs are, they're really expensive, which is why I don't have any :/


How expensive???
That's what she said
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
April 18 2013 07:33 GMT
#4169
On April 18 2013 14:34 Reborn58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 14:01 Rollin wrote:
On April 18 2013 13:00 Blisse wrote:
They're uncomfortable because the fit of the flanges are shitty, or your ears aren't adjusted as well. I know with the Westone 2 at the smallest tip size is unbelievably comfortable for 2-3 hours until I need to rub my ears. It really depends on the shape of your ears. That's why you have custom IEMs molded to the shape of your ear.

As good as customs are, they're really expensive, which is why I don't have any :/


How expensive???

~1K USD
You also need to get someone to make a mold of your ears
© Current year.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 18 2013 12:50 GMT
#4170
Naw, you can get Ultimate Ear Customs for like, $400 I think. You still have to provide your own molds, but yeah.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
April 18 2013 13:11 GMT
#4171
I'm tossing up between Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro and Sennheiser hd 598's, i"m leaning a little towards the sennheisers. Anyone have opinions one way or the other? They'll be used as gaming/music headphones.
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 18 2013 15:22 GMT
#4172
On April 18 2013 12:24 Reborn58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 04:11 c0ldfusion wrote:
On April 18 2013 04:04 Reborn58 wrote:
What is a great set of headphones for travelling? I was going to go with the DT770 Pro but I have seen a few people say they are not going to be great for use with a phone (no amplifier) and are quite big / heavy. Money is not really an issue, but I would obviously prefer the best value for the performance.

I mentioned this in an earlier post but yeah, for traveling, iems perform better in terms of isolation than a pair of closed cans. Plus they're way more portable. Especially since you mentioned that cost isn't a concern, you should go with JH16 or Heir 8.A. They're widely reputed as the best iems right now.


Yeah the problems with the iems is that they hurt my ears after a while. I prefer to have something around my ear than in it...idk, maybe I'm just weird. lol

I will look into those, however. Thx


My buddy recently received his JH16s. He's really digging them. He said the highs and lows are fine and the isolation is great.

From all the reviews I've been reading, I don't think you can go wrong with either JH16 or Heir 8A.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 18 2013 15:36 GMT
#4173
On April 18 2013 22:11 Scaramanga wrote:
I'm tossing up between Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro and Sennheiser hd 598's, i"m leaning a little towards the sennheisers. Anyone have opinions one way or the other? They'll be used as gaming/music headphones.


Most will prefer the HD598. Some find the DT990 series a bit shrill. However, the DT990 has much more and better bass, unless you really prefer tame bass. It depends on your type of music.

I don't have the best references though since neither of those headphones fit my head ^^
There is no one like you in the universe.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 18 2013 18:36 GMT
#4174
Man, I'm really tempted up pick up some customs myself.

Trying to decide among JH16, UM miracle and Heir 8A.
People are saying that JH16s are too bass heavy but I'm OK with that ... need to do more research...
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 18 2013 19:03 GMT
#4175
got my klipsch s4s with foam tips in. so far really like them, we'll see how they are after wearing them at work all day and a bit of burn in time.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 19:16:31
April 18 2013 19:15 GMT
#4176
On April 18 2013 21:50 Blisse wrote:
Naw, you can get Ultimate Ear Customs for like, $400 I think. You still have to provide your own molds, but yeah.

Cheap customs?
http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/

Many brands have customs starting around $400 though, so ~$1000 is not really what one should think of.

There are also those that just do reshells of universals (but anyone considering this should note that insertion depth, materials, venting, etc. can make significant differences in sound signature).
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 18 2013 19:21 GMT
#4177
On April 19 2013 04:15 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 21:50 Blisse wrote:
Naw, you can get Ultimate Ear Customs for like, $400 I think. You still have to provide your own molds, but yeah.

Cheap customs?
http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/

Many brands have customs starting around $400 though, so ~$1000 is not really what one should think of.

There are also those that just do reshells of universals (but anyone considering this should note that insertion depth, materials, venting, etc. can make significant differences in sound signature).


I have cheap customs, didn't even match the sound quality of my triple-fis. I barely use them anymore.

If you're going to go through the trouble of doing the research and getting your impressions done, you might as well go to the top and get the 6 or 8 driver flagships.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
April 18 2013 19:26 GMT
#4178
On April 19 2013 00:36 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 22:11 Scaramanga wrote:
I'm tossing up between Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro and Sennheiser hd 598's, i"m leaning a little towards the sennheisers. Anyone have opinions one way or the other? They'll be used as gaming/music headphones.


Most will prefer the HD598. Some find the DT990 series a bit shrill. However, the DT990 has much more and better bass, unless you really prefer tame bass. It depends on your type of music.

I don't have the best references though since neither of those headphones fit my head ^^

Female vocals on the DT990 seemed quite shrilly compared to something like the HD650
© Current year.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 19 2013 13:10 GMT
#4179
On April 19 2013 04:26 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 00:36 Blisse wrote:
On April 18 2013 22:11 Scaramanga wrote:
I'm tossing up between Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro and Sennheiser hd 598's, i"m leaning a little towards the sennheisers. Anyone have opinions one way or the other? They'll be used as gaming/music headphones.


Most will prefer the HD598. Some find the DT990 series a bit shrill. However, the DT990 has much more and better bass, unless you really prefer tame bass. It depends on your type of music.

I don't have the best references though since neither of those headphones fit my head ^^

Female vocals on the DT990 seemed quite shrilly compared to something like the HD650


Well to be fair, the HD650 is like the polar opposite of shrill so everything should sound shrilly in comparison to it XD

But the DT990 were pretty nice if you could get over the highs being a bit too strong. It isn't nearly as bad as the Ultrasone PRO900, but the PRO900 has a wicked thump.

If you can get the HD598 for the same price as the DT990, about $200, I would prefer the HD598.
There is no one like you in the universe.
bK-
Profile Joined June 2012
United States326 Posts
April 19 2013 13:44 GMT
#4180
Hey guys!
I was browsing TL and stumbled across this gem of a thread.
Just wanted to ask a quick question and see what everyone's opinions are.
Lately I have been searching for a headset that could fit my needs.
Being that I need a headset with a built in mic.(Use a lot of VOIP programs among other things as well)
Unfortunately for me headset I am currently using is a Razer Banshee. Though the Banshee is pretty durable believe it or not it just isn't fulfilling the needs I have anymore.
To be frank I got a big head and this was one of the only headsets that actually fit me comfortably. My main problem is the weight of the headset as it puts a ton of pressure on my upper ears. So with that being said does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions that could possibly help me in my search?
Thanks in advance!
We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 99
ByuN 50
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1726
GuemChi 1215
Artosis 581
910 39
MaD[AoV]16
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever207
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
taco 95
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox618
Other Games
summit1g8434
Day[9].tv657
shahzam500
C9.Mang0312
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick525
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur718
• Day9tv657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 33m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.